shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me not get screwed by robbins bros

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davidorangecali

Rough_Rock
Is there a moderator who could possibly close this thread? I'd like to make a new thread to stop some of the clutter.

Everyone please look for my new thread tomorrow my boss should be in meetings all day =)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you make are a newbie a new thread and post a link to it here, that should work.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
If OP is interesting in purchasing the setting from Robbins Bros and getting a stone separately, a lab diamond may be more bang for the buck, still be chemically, structurally a diamond that photographs well, not a simulant, and without the need to finance the whole ring. If OP's fiance accepts them. If not, stop reading here.

Assuming $4-500 for a setting, leaving the rest for the stone...

0.65 ct. Round Lab Diamond - Excellent-cut, I-color, and SI2-clarity diamond comes accompanied by a diamond grading report from the IGI.
Price: $708.52
https://www.25karats.com/lab_diamonds/622660 --

0.60-Carat Round Diamond This Ideal-cut, I-color, and SI2-clarity diamond comes accompanied by a diamond grading report from IGI - ANTWERP
US$826 (under $750 with current 10% discount)

If financing the setting at Robbins Bros, and having $1200 on hand for the stone...

0.80ct. J Color Round Cut Created Diamond Ideal Cut SI2, IGI cert
$1,184.00
http://d.neadiamonds.com/lab-created-diamonds/WB7893

0.81 ct Round Cut Diamond - Excellent cut, H color, SI2, IGI cert
$1,057.63
https://www.1215diamonds.com/diamonds

I've personally had good experiences with D.NEA and ecodiamond, but the other couple stores seem to have great prices. As I just placed an order with D.NEA this week I can vouch that D.NEA ships loose stones almost immediately with USPS priority mail, which took 2 days to get to my jeweler.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Question is whether OP would be open to a lab created diamond or only earth mined one....also what are their upgrade policies

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Op is not open to sims of any kind. Diamond only.

davidorangecali

Rough_Rock
Op is not open to sims of any kind. Diamond only.
I wouldn't mind a lab diamond although it wasn't made over millions of years its the same and I'm a chem minor so I love the idea of lab created diamond.. my gf on the other hand might not be so keen but would she even know? I'll do more research on lab diamonds before making the new thread. boss hasn't left for his meetings yet so I probably won't be able to make the new thread for a few hours

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't mind a lab diamond although it wasn't made over millions of years its the same and I'm a chem minor so I love the idea of lab created diamond.. my gf on the other hand might not be so keen but would she even know? I'll do more research on lab diamonds before making the new thread. boss hasn't left for his meetings yet so I probably won't be able to make the new thread for a few hours

Nooooooo, DON'T get a lab diamond and not tell her. "DANGER, Will Robinson!" You're gonna open a can of worms if you do that. make sure she's ok with it before following through.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo, DON'T get a lab diamond and not tell her. "DANGER, Will Robinson!" You're gonna open a can of worms if you do that. make sure she's ok with it before following through.

I cannot emphasize the importance of this enough. You HAVE to talk to her about this if it's a possibility.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Question is whether OP would be open to a lab created diamond or only earth mined one....also what are their upgrade policies
Regardless of upgrade policies I wouldn’t recommend going lab diamond if upgrades to the original ring are expected in the future. My lab engagement ring was purchased from a place that went out of business so that wasn’t an option, and I wouldn’t trust a policy of any store that hasn’t been around for 50+ years. As I can be sentimental, I wear both my original e-ring and what would be an upgraded ring on my right hand. Having both reminds us of where we were when we got engaged and how far we’ve come since financially and as a couple.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever you don’t give her a lab created diamond and pretend it’s real..That’s REALLY BAD! I actually bought a small pair of bezel cut moissanite earrings to see if I really liked them. They look very real next to my high quality studs so that’s an option.but only if she knows. There are different kinds of moissanite so you would have to be careful..Mine are DEF color and they truly look like diamonds. The older versions had a green or yellow cast. Mine look bright white...Her family would never know. A jeweler would know because they have diamond testers..They have made them a lot better now.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
OP has requested this thread be closed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results