shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me finding a setting for the aqua, Please???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I am keeping this aqua, I really can''t wait to WEAR it !
31.gif

I like this LOGR, and it can easily be altered to fit a round stone. However, I am not sure about the empty bottom of this design since there is no metal underneath the stone. I don''t want to see my finger through the aqua, and aqua is such light color stone. Any advice on that?

The other option is to make it without halos, just some pave on the shanks. Have you seen any good ones under $500?

Thanks for your help!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That setting is pretty!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
The LOGR one, although pretty, would add an extra 2 mm or so on each side, and I''m not sure you''d like that with a 10 mm stone. So my vote goes to setting #2 as I really think everything about it would be perfect for your aqua.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved this setting from WF. You still get some diamonds but without the added mm to your main stone.

fullofsupriseWF.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
I love setting number two. The two marquise shaped design on the sides adds interest to the usual split shank design.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 2:58:59 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 4/19/2009 1:52:05 PM

Author: MakingTheGrade

I think this setting is pretty:

http://www.idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_28&products_id=2365&cType=ER

I think it''d add sparkle without overwhelming the aqua''s lower RI.

Great prices on settings on that website! That setting is pretty. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I love to share! I had that setting bookmarked for a future blue stone project for my mom and thought yingh might might like it too. I think it''d look great with her stone, very delicate and shimmery.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 6:17:00 PM

Date: 4/19/2009 2:58:59 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 4/19/2009 1:52:05 PM

I think this setting is pretty:

http://www.idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_28&products_id=2365&cType=ER

I think it''d add sparkle without overwhelming the aqua''s lower RI.

Great prices on settings on that website! That setting is pretty. Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I love to share! I had that setting bookmarked for a future blue stone project for my mom and thought yingh might might like it too. I think it''d look great with her stone, very delicate and shimmery.
I like it, too! It has a pretty flowery feel.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/19/2009 3:07:01 PM
Author: mochi
I have always loved this setting from WF. You still get some diamonds but without the added mm to your main stone.
That''s a very classy and understated setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey TL, no I haven''t bought from them, I came across them from some entries in the smtr forum. They got some good reviews, and apparently they are a pricescope vendor?

I haven''t looked into them too much, I hope their rings are nice quality though because they have a lot of nice and affordable settings.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 6:58:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I agree. My Asscher Aqua is going in the "Full of Surprises" setting when I can get around to setting it.
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both the id and WF settings. That''s a tough decision!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 11:29:55 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date:
4/19/2009 6:58:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I agree. My Asscher Aqua is going in the ''Full of Surprises'' setting when I can get around to setting it.
1.gif

That will be gorgeous in that setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results