shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find photos of SIMON G x=prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so ''ve been to so many jewelry stores in the past few days, but that is a whole other post. I think I may have found a ring that requires no alterations!!!! Is it too good to be true? I wnt to Brown and Co in ATL today. They have a very nice selection and I fell in love with a Simon G solitaire. It is very similar to the Vatche Xprong, but it sits a bit higher, so a wb will fit flush with no poblem. The store only had it priced for WG ($530) so they will have to call for the platinum price, but she thought it would be $1000-$1200...!!! yippee!! in my budget! They can set the ring onsite and I asked her if the jewler could file the prongs to a point when they mount the stone (a la Leon). Not sure if she understood what I meant, but I am hoping that is an option when the stone is set What do yo think???)

I am dying to find more pics of the ring. I dd not see in on simon g, brown and co or pearlmans. Any other ideas?

has anyone seen the ring or have pics?

I can''t believe the search may be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mintve! I LOVE Simon G ... We just purchased a Simon G setting as well. I love it! The jeweler we bought it from says all the other staff and the appraiser it was sent to has commented on how beautiful it is and the high level, quality artisanship (is that a word?) that went into it. We are really pleased with the end result, thus I would love to encourage you to buy a Simon G setting!

Simon G website Only certain dealers are authorized to sell Simon G, so I have provided a link for you to see who they are in your area so that you can see if their websites have any pics of the ring you are seeking ...

Also, I know that Firenze Jewels has a lot of pics of settings. They may have one the x=prong you are looking for ...

Good luck with your continued search and I hope that I have been able to help in some way!
35.gif

PS -- Thanks for letting us help ... this is so much fun. Kind of like virtual shopping.
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Is this it?
3.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 5:53:27 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Is this it?
3.gif
thanks spark!

I think it might be, but I will have a round! its hard to tell in that photo, but I will have more time to study it tomorrow! THANKS!!!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No problem. Let me know if it is. I found the style number online on another website somewhere today and I will find it again for you, if you would like, that way you can call around to different places and ask them pricing for it. You''d be surprise how much prices vary.

For my setting, I was initially quoted $3,250. Another "jeweler" quoted me $4,400! ... The jeweler I am buying the setting from was able to offer it at $2,500. No difference. Quality exactly the same, as per my specifications! My jeweler, maybe due to the fact that they do not have the overhead of a "maul" store, is able to get designer settings in for usually around 25% less.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 6:39:58 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
No problem. Let me know if it is. I found the style number online on another website somewhere today and I will find it again for you, if you would like, that way you can call around to different places and ask them pricing for it. You''d be surprise how much prices vary.

For my setting, I was initially quoted $3,250. Another ''jeweler'' quoted me $4,400! ... The jeweler I am buying the setting from was able to offer it at $2,500. No difference. Quality exactly the same, as per my specifications! My jeweler, maybe due to the fact that they do not have the overhead of a ''maul'' store, is able to get designer settings in for usually around 25% less.
wow, that would be fantastic!! you are a GEM!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to post the pic Spark found...maybe some other ladies have seen it.

Hey Spark, can you give me the names or website of the jewelers you found that carry Simon G. I''ve done the search form my area and I will run a search for the NYC area as well. I wonder if this is a setting GOG could get??!???
20.gif

simong ering.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Date: 1/13/2008 12:02:40 PM
Author: mintve
I am going to post the pic Spark found...maybe some other ladies have seen it.

Hey Spark, can you give me the names or website of the jewelers you found that carry Simon G. I've done the search form my area and I will run a search for the NYC area as well. I wonder if this is a setting GOG could get??!???
20.gif

I certainly can!
16.gif

Give GOG a call .. You may be surprised what they are able to do ... I don't, personally, know if they will be able to get in Simon G settings but, give it a shot. That would be great for you!

My jeweler is Gemological Trading Corp. They are located in Seattle and are fantastic to deal with. They do work online and have orders from all over the place. As is the case with other "online" vendors, if you are out of state, which I understand you are, you will not have to pay any taxes! Bonus!!

36.gif
We've been dealing with Mary and she has really gone above and beyond for us and gotten us some really great pricing for both our diamond and our Simon G setting.
9.gif

As for other names/websites of jewelers that carry Simon G, I will give you a list, but please understand that this is not necessarily an "endorsement" of the following "jewelers" ... One in particular, Kranich's, I had to take a bath after I got off the phone with them b/c I felt that some of the salesperson's slime had filtered its way through my phone ... I was given the hard sell on a diamond for 45 mins! when I just asked for the price of the setting.

29.gif
Don't ask why I didn't just hang up.... LONG story! Anyhoo...

Here are some more links ...

Kranich's
Firenze Jewels
Harry Merrill & Son, Inc.
Alaska Jewelry or Goldsmith Gallery -- On this website they show the same pic you posted, incl wedding band, as Simon G style# LP1509 and state that it is either available in 18k gold or in platinum. (This style# should be all you need to start price shopping w/different vendors)
JR Dunn jewelers
EE Robbins
Richter & Phillips Co.
As an aside ... I do digress.
3.gif
Found a pic of a different ring online you might like .. link
Robbins Bros

This should be a decent list to get you started.
34.gif
Please do keep us updated on how it's going! I'm sure you'll be amazed at the huge price differentials between vendors for the same setting especially considering most of them will tell you it's not them, it's Simon G.
20.gif
Right!

ETA -- I just did submitted this post with all the links etc & when I sent it there was an error msg and I lost everything!
7.gif
I will post it again now ... I'm just glad that I copied the post before I sent it ... just in case that happened. Argh & Grr!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I''m giving up!
15.gif
Whenever I submit the post with the links, the post does not submit and I get an error.
29.gif

Please refer to the above list & info and google the names provided, hopefully, this will give you the info you need. Also, if you google Simon G rings, you should be able to find a lot of different vendors.

I hope this helps ... Sorry for not being able to post the links.
7.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
yea! I put in e-mails to several local as well as out of state B&M and to marie at GOG. We will see what unfolds!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Great! It should be fun to hear some of the replies. Enjoy! I hope you are able to find exactly what you are looking for!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, spark! How right you are about price. I created a little spreadsheet to keep track of prices form all the vendors. I contacted at least 10 different ones. The difference between the lowest and the highest (with respones from just 5 locations) is $500!!! that is a hug difference for the same ring!!!!! I want to use that extra $500 toward my diamond!!! WoW!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 5:10:59 PM
Author: mintve
Wow, spark! How right you are about price. I created a little spreadsheet to keep track of prices form all the vendors. I contacted at least 10 different ones. The difference between the lowest and the highest (with respones from just 5 locations) is $500!!! that is a hug difference for the same ring!!!!! I want to use that extra $500 toward my diamond!!! WoW!
I know! It''s crazy.
33.gif
I''m sure that by the time you get all of your responses back the difference b/n the highest and lowest will be even higher.

I bet if you contact Gemological Trading Corp, that they will come in among the lowest in pricing.
2.gif
I, of course, am biased though since I''ve been so happy with their service and pricing ... after all they save me almost $1,000 due the $3,250 price I was going to buy the setting for at another company and the $2,500 price I did get it for and NO tax!
9.gif

How''s that for a savings? I did exactly as you did ... Spent the extra money to get the diamond I really wanted!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Mintve -- Any updates/more quotes or have you managed to find any new pics?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
welll, all the photos are stock photos and show the ring gurads. Oh well! I still love the ring. It looks a lot like the vatche x-prong, but sits a bit higher, so I can wear a wb flash.

I did get a few more quotes, a few lower and a few higher, so now the price discrepancy is over $600 on a plain paltinum solitaire mounting!!! One of my local B&M offered the second lowest price, but they said they would price match!! vey cool!! My BF will be happy about that. Now we can buy the stone online and the mounting from a local B&M!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, Mintve! Glad to hear everything is going well.
36.gif

shlo_mo_shun

Rough_Rock
Hey, something you might try checking out if it jives with you is checking on whether Simon G offers that ring in Palladium.

The reason I mention it is that my we got into a discussion on mens' rings in palladium (because I personally feel that Platinum is WAY to expensive for a man's ring, since I will really beat it up) and a jewler mentioned that Palladium is quite similar, and less expenisive. Long story short, many womens designers won't do it, but Simon G apparently is doing more work with palladium. They had a Simon G set that we liked, and she checked on it and they will do it in Palladium! The price difference in the end was between $4800 for the platinum set (1 engagmeent ring, and 2 really thin pave bands flanking it) vs. $3025 for the same thing in palladium. Unfortunately, my Fiance preferred a Michael B setting instead, but still, the price difference was amazing to find out when hardness, metal quality, and appearance would be virtually identical. it is lighter than platinum, which seems from my research to be the biggest difference.

It might not be for you, but if you are willing to go with a less common material, have them check with Simon G on that particular ring and you might be able to save some serious coin. Also, do some research on Palladium around here. I think you'll find it's quite similar to Platinum. My hunch is the reason it's not into mainstream for womens rings right now is that B&M's don't want to lose their high markup for Platinum to a less expensive metal that seems so similar in most ways.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results