carat
color
clarity

Help me find Emerald cut diamond

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tag!

I would like to but the next few days / next couple of weeks are going to be crazy-busy for me :(

I've got to prepare for a job interview, meet a social worker with a friend (as he's going through court to try to protect his kid), have the job interview, get some shopping done before we are forced to wear masks everywhere, go to a birthday celebration afternoon, and then spend a couple of weeks drafting documents to be submitted to court...

Oh, and I have to take the good lady's car for it's annual MOT test, probably including the need to walk the five miles home from dropping it off and then the five miles back again to collect it... lol

And I need to sleep! :(

I'm not much use to anyone right now :( and I need to stop getting distracted by the internet so I can sleep more and do more... lol

Sorry that's a bit crap!

{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}

Thank you very much!!

This is going to be at least a couple of weeks of intense stress...

Oh, and I forgot - I also need to review my good lady's CV and help her apply for another job, and then apply myself for another job I've seen, that is paying a LOT :shock: and would mean I could clear debt / save money / provide for the family...

Life... never a dull moment?? :???: lol

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that my Meyers Briggs personality has me down as extremely 'pressure prompted'... :lol:

My saviour so far has been youtube videos of waves lapping the shore in the background, so I feel less like I'm trapped in a beige box hunched over a small screen for hours and hours... lol

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
This J has an interesting facet pattern....

Hi - apologies i was dealing some stuff here and was offlinw for a bit. Back in ring shopping mode...hahha

Thanks for sending all these options. I kinda like this J 2.03. The price seeens right. Do you think it would look white enough/ less yellow?

can you share more about your thoughts on the facet pattern? Also, thoughts on the tire - new term i heard online.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much!!

This is going to be at least a couple of weeks of intense stress...

Oh, and I forgot - I also need to review my good lady's CV and help her apply for another job, and then apply myself for another job I've seen, that is paying a LOT :shock: and would mean I could clear debt / save money / provide for the family...

Life... never a dull moment?? :???: lol

I'm not sure if it's a good thing that my Meyers Briggs personality has me down as extremely 'pressure prompted'... :lol:

My saviour so far has been youtube videos of waves lapping the shore in the background, so I feel less like I'm trapped in a beige box hunched over a small screen for hours and hours... lol

I hope everything goes well for you! Thanks

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi - apologies i was dealing some stuff here and was offlinw for a bit. Back in ring shopping mode...hahha

Thanks for sending all these options. I kinda like this J 2.03. The price seeens right. Do you think it would look white enough/ less yellow?

can you share more about your thoughts on the facet pattern? Also, thoughts on the tire - new term i heard online.

I believe the medium flurescence will assist in keeping this stone crisp white, face-up.
How you set the stone, and the metal color will dictate how much tint you will see from the side.
It is worth investigating, and speaking to the on-site gemologist.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
I believe the medium flurescence will assist in keeping this stone crisp white, face-up.
How you set the stone, and the metal color will dictate how much tint you will see from the side.
It is worth investigating, and speaking to the on-site gemologist.

I sent the link to some local jewelers and they were saying the usual "dont buy diamonds with fluorescence". I know the blue help diamonds with warmer colors like J. Do you think the diamond looks hazy/ cloudy?

Setting - three stone baguettes with trapzedoids side stones. platinum ring most likely

what is the HCA and how do you find diamonds on the pricescope tool?

shopping for diamonds online take a whole village, so I appreciate all your assistance. The anxiey to buy the best possible stone is killing me...hahha!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent the link to some local jewelers and they were saying the usual "dont buy diamonds with fluorescence". I know the blue help diamonds with warmer colors like J. Do you think the diamond looks hazy/ cloudy?

Setting - three stone baguettes with trapzedoids side stones. platinum ring most likely

what is the HCA and how do you find diamonds on the pricescope tool?

shopping for diamonds online take a whole village, so I appreciate all your assistance. The anxiey to buy the best possible stone is killing me...hahha!!!

HCA is used for round stones, not fancies.
ASET images are helpful with fancies.
Medium blue fluorescence should not negatively impact a J; if anything, it should enhance the brightness in UV environments.
EC’s and other step cuts pick up colors in their environment...A LOT.
If she stands in a room with soft lighting, or cream walls, the stone will pick that up, at any color grade.
It’s just the nature of the beast.

As for shopping on the PS search engine, just go to the top header of your screen and tap on the PS.
It will take you to the home page, where the search engine is.
There, you can punch in your preferences and specs, as well as your budget, and you can search all PS affiliated vendors at once.

ETA: side stones should be in lower colors, as well to prevent obvious color contrast of the center.
I would not go above H/I for the side stones.
White Metal should be fine. You may want to discuss a champagne gold head or prongs in the center with your jeweler, just to blend the color of the stone with the setting. It may help deflect tint, a bit.
Totally your choice. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
that was a wicked fast response. haha

I foound the ASET image on Yadav's website but I dont know how to review it. Able to review or provide some pointers? - https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/emerald-diamond-2.03-carat-j-vvs2-yd9550605

I like the suggestion of of champagne colored prong for the center stone. I may end up doing a solitaire tho, to save cost

Question - are there dealers on PS? Not sure if its against the rules here to solicit a dealer/ jeweler for center stone sales assistance and setting creation. let me know if you have recommendations

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that was a wicked fast response. haha

I foound the ASET image on Yadav's website but I dont know how to review it. Able to review or provide some pointers? - https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/emerald-diamond-2.03-carat-j-vvs2-yd9550605

I like the suggestion of of champagne colored prong for the center stone. I may end up doing a solitaire tho, to save cost

Question - are there dealers on PS? Not sure if its against the rules here to solicit a dealer/ jeweler for center stone sales assistance and setting creation. let me know if you have recommendations

Each of them are available online, off of PS.
You should be able to search the internet to find each vendor on their websites. There, you can contact via phone or email.
I will try to help you examine the ASET.....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link is not found on my browser, when I click on it.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the ASET?

C791D266-7548-47DD-909D-D95237F3EBDE.png

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a rough reference chart to help you understand what to look for.
It’s not the best chart, but you see the difference between poor, above average and excellent performers.
205076E9-ACD3-4274-84E2-14DBAE401282.png

Reactions: caf

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
The link is not found on my browser, when I click on it.

This is the ASET - looking at the chart you sent, not sure where this stone lands. looks more like poor but not sure.

Regarding dealers - I was asking about finding jewelry dealers that can purchase same stones from the wholesalers at a lower price. The stone is available on multiple sites, which leads me to believe a supplier is listing on multiple outlets.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ASET - looking at the chart you sent, not sure where this stone lands. looks more like poor but not sure.

Regarding dealers - I was asking about finding jewelry dealers that can purchase same stones from the wholesalers at a lower price. The stone is available on multiple sites, which leads me to believe a supplier is listing on multiple outlets.

It’s in virtual inventory.
Which means multiple vendors can list it, as they have access to that inventory.

I stumbled upon this on the Yadav website, as well....
This J does not show as much tint in the video as the other 2.03J

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one even better.
If you drop on size, you can go up on color to H.
This is still a relatively large stone. It is under your max budget, and you can still incorporate side stones, If you choose.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Not quite 2.0ct, but looks good!

wow!!! this has been on my list from searching around the net. funny you also found this one. I even got a rarecarat report for this stone.

James Allen options
I color
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/2.01-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-sku-8768986

J Color

Found this 1.91ct J VVSI online

video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQhhze3p1zZ5TCEyf62VCdqqC40Rrinj/view?usp=sharing
GIA cert - https://dnalink.in/Imaged/certificate_Images/5343646984.pdf

Another 1.91ct I VS1

seems like a nice color....

DECISIONS DECISIONS...lol! my deadline is monday to meet Labor Day proposal date

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a rough reference chart to help you understand what to look for.
It’s not the best chart, but you see the difference between poor, above average and excellent performers.
205076E9-ACD3-4274-84E2-14DBAE401282.png

Very helpful!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow!!! this has been on my list from searching around the net. funny you also found this one. I even got a rarecarat report for this stone.

James Allen options
I color
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/2.01-carat-i-color-vs1-clarity-sku-8768986

J Color

Found this 1.91ct J VVSI online

video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQhhze3p1zZ5TCEyf62VCdqqC40Rrinj/view?usp=sharing
GIA cert - https://dnalink.in/Imaged/certificate_Images/5343646984.pdf

Another 1.91ct I VS1

seems like a nice color....

DECISIONS DECISIONS...lol! my deadline is monday to meet Labor Day proposal date

Are you leaning toward any more than the others?
I recommend you choose 3 (max), compare them, and narrow to 1.

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
Very helpful!

yes indeed!!! are you also on the market for engagement rings? hahaha....I have been told to spend my next 48hrs completing purchase of a stone....you all will hate me on here...hahah

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes indeed!!! are you also on the market for engagement rings? hahaha....I have been told to spend my next 48hrs completing purchase of a stone....you all will hate me on here...hahah

We are here to help you.
There is no hate, here.
Happy to help you make your dreams come true, and find the best suited diamond your money will buy for your one true love. ♥️

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
We are here to help you.
There is no hate, here.
Happy to help you make your dreams come true, and find the best suited diamond your money will buy for your one true love. ♥

Thanks!! So I have decided to move higher in color to minimum I, but preference of G & H. The search continues. Bride to be doesnt want hint of yellow and I/J/K have a tendency to show warmth despite fluorescency. all rrecommendations are welcome. Gonna drop in clarity also, SI1 but no visible inclusions

I may need to fly to NY diamond district...haha

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own and love an SI2 clarity graded EC.
It’s 1.07ct G SI2
All of the inclusions are clear and clean.
Even under magnification, it looks beautiful.
With the naked eye, clear inclusions are not very obvious, and performance is not negatively impacted.

Check out the threads:

Dayamond

Rough_Rock
I own and love an SI2 clarity graded EC.
It’s 1.07ct G SI2
All of the inclusions are clear and clean.
Even under magnification, it looks beautiful.
With the naked eye, clear inclusions are not very obvious, and performance is not negatively impacted.

Check out the threads:

really great photos you gat there and informative post.

I was able to view some James Allen options last night and thought these were potentials

2.03 J VVS2 from James Allen

I kinda like this stone but the rarecarat Gemologists were concerned about the depth. I mean alot of the jewelers have recommended worse depths...lol!

Thoughts on this stone?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
really great photos you gat there and informative post.

I was able to view some James Allen options last night and thought these were potentials

2.03 J VVS2 from James Allen

I kinda like this stone but the rarecarat Gemologists were concerned about the depth. I mean alot of the jewelers have recommended worse depths...lol!

Thoughts on this stone?

It is a consideration.
The only hesitation I have is I noticed some facets take a little longer to flash/dim, while moving, but, that wouldn’t stop me from placing it on hold, and examining further.
As for the depth issue, mine is considered slightly deep, compared to “recommended percentages”.
You can see for yourself, the rest of angles and percentages combine with that depth, and it’s an outstanding performer.
Only way to know for sure if the depth negatively impacts this stone’s performance is further examination, using ASET images, videos with different color backgrounds, and naked eye observation.
Key point: if you like this stone, PLACE IT ON HOLD.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results