shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a wide platinum band with vertical baguettes?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn, sachiemay, that looks AWESOME on your hand!!! Very nice! Thanks for the pics! Do you love that it's heavy?

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
Pearaffair, I read your other thread and am happy for you that you're going for it and going to get the ring(s) that you want whether you start smaller then go bigger or just get your holy grail forever ring. My own experience is that I went the route of starting small and spending small to get something that would satisfy me for the time being, but like you said the heart wants what it wants, so finally on a milestone birthday, I decided to get what I really really wanted, an asscher eternity band. Like you, I'm partial to the step cuts. But it took a few years before I decided that. Where I had to compromise a little was not get a full eternity but a 3/4 eternity so it would be more affordable, and that actually worked out better since I don't baby my rings and wear them doing everything. I love your inspiration pics by the way! So I hope you enjoy the journey of finding, trying, entertaining all kinds of ideas, and get The Ring that you want and in platinum too!

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
I absolutely Love that it's heavy! It feels substantial. When I rest it in my hand is when I really feel the weight. On my finger, I know it's there but it doesn't drag my finger down or anything. Lol! The baguettes are roughly 5mm long so the ring is slightly wider bc of the platinum.

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
PS. I adore your moonstone ring!!! I love the stone, shape. EVERYTHING! Moonstone has always been a fave of mine.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearaffair, I read your other thread and am happy for you that you're going for it and going to get the ring(s) that you want whether you start smaller then go bigger or just get your holy grail forever ring. My own experience is that I went the route of starting small and spending small to get something that would satisfy me for the time being, but like you said the heart wants what it wants, so finally on a milestone birthday, I decided to get what I really really wanted, an asscher eternity band. Like you, I'm partial to the step cuts. But it took a few years before I decided that. Where I had to compromise a little was not get a full eternity but a 3/4 eternity so it would be more affordable, and that actually worked out better since I don't baby my rings and wear them doing everything. I love your inspiration pics by the way! So I hope you enjoy the journey of finding, trying, entertaining all kinds of ideas, and get The Ring that you want and in platinum too!

Thanks for the well wishes and for sharing your experience! I think, from advice I've received in the other thread, what I really need to do is try stuff on! A lot! And then think about things and eventually move on it. Sigh. Patience is hard!

PS. I adore your moonstone ring!!! I love the stone, shape. EVERYTHING! Moonstone has always been a fave of mine.

Thank you!!! That is such a sweet thing to take the time to say :)
I love my e-ring, I love how unique it is, how the shape elongates my finger, and how the flashes of blue brighten up my day. It just breaks my heart how delicate it all is and I would be crushed if it broke, so I do not wear it every day. Oh well! It is ok to have treasures in my jewellery box :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearaffair,
Here are a few photos of inspiration/ideas I can share with you. I have tried a few of them on, and the finger coverage is amaze-balls! Granted, the real estate I have from knuckle to knuckle is shorter than yours, but I believe these fall into the range into which you are traveling. Some are priced over USD $2,000, but others are not. I just thought I'd give you some other options that include step-cut stones, but they are set horizontally, rather than vertically....
Best of luck! I can't wait to see what you choose!!! ;-)
CRM

IMG_9257.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_6262.jpg
The bottom ring was an option for my wedding band, but it was too wide, and looked ridiculous on me, with my ER. It's a perfect RHR!!

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Loving the 2nd to last pic! That is a stunner!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving the 2nd to last pic! That is a stunner!
I quite agree, and the detail along both edges of the baguettes is gorgeous! I have such a love for millgrain edging & scroll design on ANY & EVERY piece of jewelry. I am a vintage girl at heart!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These bands are all lovely. You must have long fingers, & I'm jealous! Mine are stubby. I don't need finger lipo cause theyre a size 6, but I hung a weight from my finger would it lenthen it eventually. LOL LOL If you can wear one, go for it.
I like this band, has a lot of potential....The chrisscuts would be pretty sparkly.. Ive tried on a few rings cause I thought I would buy the ring & do an east west bezeled band. Not in the cards right now but I wish someone would buy it, its taunting me. LOL David Klass is reasonable. ;-) The seller might negotiate & wont hurt to ask.
https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/christopher-designs-crisscut-band
Here are what crisscuts looks like if you don't know.
https://www.solitairejewelers.com/products/christopher-designs-1-51ct-center-round-diamond-ring-pl

** I dont have anything to do with this store, but it came up in google & shows a nice NS band.

Judy

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Crisscut! I have never seen one in real life but I like looking at the pics. :) the digital renditions remind me of whale "teeth". You know- whatever it's called that trap the Krill. Maybe not the best example. But I like them. I sometimes wish my fingers were smaller then any size diamond would like massive.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews - those inspiration pics are awesosme!!

I like crisscuts. I've seen some in person and they're kind of trippy! The LT one looks awesome but I'm not looking for yellow gold right now.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews - those inspiration pics are awesosme!!

I like crisscuts. I've seen some in person and they're kind of trippy! The LT one looks awesome but I'm not looking for yellow gold right now.
Pearaffair,
I will keep my eyes out for more! If I see anything I think may fit your specs & your budget, I'll be sure to let you know! :mrgreen:

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
I love that bit of detail with the milgrain! And you could have the sparkle of a round but gives the illusion of a baguette. Genius.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Damn, sachiemay, that looks AWESOME on your hand!!! Very nice! Thanks for the pics! Do you love that it's heavy?
I was going to tag her baguette band for you to see. It is definitely the best baguette band I've ever seen!
Have you considered a double row band? I too have long fingers and wanted tons of sparkle and coverage in a band. I couldn't go with a full eternity because the prongs pulled at my curly hair so badly and I am very hands on active and outdoorsy. I custom designed my ring, but it was a lot more inexpensive than online prices for the same specs.
My setting is very heavy and sturdy as well.
img_20170306_134131.jpg img_20170306_1.jpg IMG_20170626_082826.jpg IMG_20170626_082606.jpg

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to tag her baguette band for you to see. It is definitely the best baguette band I've ever seen!
Have you considered a double row band? I too have long fingers and wanted tons of sparkle and coverage in a band. I couldn't go with a full eternity because the prongs pulled at my curly hair so badly and I am very hands on active and outdoorsy. I custom designed my ring, but it was a lot more inexpensive than online prices for the same specs.
My setting is very heavy and sturdy as well.
img_20170306_134131.jpg img_20170306_1.jpg IMG_20170626_082826.jpg IMG_20170626_082606.jpg

Your timing is perfect... I actually have been widening my search and considering bands very similar to yours! I'm going to make a new hangout thread to get some PS feedback, but I may have found the band for me!!! I'll link here in a minute

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O M G!!! :-o
I LOVE THAT!!!
It's absolutely beautiful & so unusual!!
Pearaffair!!! She's a beauty!!! Check her out!!!
CRM

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@pearaffair Oh lookie! I don't know if you're still looking but this band is half off on Friday and I thought of you.
https://www.rubylane.com/item/1251082-RL-364/Vintage-Platinum-Diamond-Emerald-Baguette-VS1?search=1
So crazy you posted this @Sandeek I too was coming to post a Ruby Lane 3.5 carat baguette ring for @pearaffair! I'm SO stoked for the Ruby Lane sale tomorrow morning!
Check this out:
https://www.rubylane.com/item/480330-G6332/Undulating-3-50ct-Diamond-Eternity-Ring

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0693.JPG Woah those are some supremely nice options!!!!!

The platinum ring posted by sandeek ticks off a lot of boxes!! <3

Two things give me pause though: I'm a size 4.75 or 5 and this is a 7... and also I was thinking to save up for this band (see above).

Do you think it's risky to size down the band sandeek posted?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results