shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a vendor to find or cut a stunning Ideal diamond high up on the Alphabet.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Last October I started my search for a diamond upgrade, knowing that I wanted an Ideal cut diamond on the higher end of the alphabet. I knew I didn't want any tones of brown, grey and the color in the diamond needed to be uniform not splotchy. Looked at 2 MBR and ended up returning them, it wasn't the right shape for me or vendor. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Having a vendor who is Custom focused is a must.
Thanks everyone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want a round? Or did you decide to not get an MRB? High performance diamonds do cut to order.

Edit. Most people dont need a cut to order stone unless the size is rare or unusual. I would go with a super ideal vendor like whiteflash or high performance diamonds

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want a round? Or did you decide to not get an MRB? High performance diamonds do cut to order.

Edit. Most people dont need a cut to order stone unless the size is rare or unusual. I would go with a super ideal vendor like whiteflash or high performance diamonds

Lovedogs decided not to go with MBR. My last sentence should have said I'd like to work with a vendor that is Customer satisfaction focused. The modern version of a Antique cushion was where I was leaning.

Reactions: AV_

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please elaborate on your criteria of wanting a customer satisfaction focused vendor?
What have you experienced that has lacked?
I think knowing that will help in choosing a vendor to recommend.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also....to help clarify for readers....by "higher end of the alphabet" do you mean closer to Z or A? ( of course it would be D, not A but let's not get too.....techie)

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Please elaborate on your criteria of wanting a customer satisfaction focused vendor?
What have you experienced that has lacked?
I think knowing that will help in choosing a vendor to recommend.
The two MRB's were from Brian Gavin's Cape group. The N diamond had a splotchy coloring along with tones of brown which I did not want. This was something I specifically communicated with sales agent, asked point blank and was told it wasn't splotchy and there wasn't any brown tone. The M diamond was pretty, lively unfortunately I realized it was the shape that was throwing me off in addition to the inconsistent coloring of the N diamond. The staff that I dealt with were not helpful, tried rushing the sale, " telling me that there was someone else interested in the N diamond". That really wasn't my concern. I made it clear that I needed to see the diamonds in person. I placed the order making it clear I would either choose one of the diamonds, not both or neither depending on how I like the color. Well how dare I. The diamonds were returned within the allotted time frame and they refused to issue me a credit forcing me to have the credit card company get incolved. It seems that not telling customers that they ( Brian Gavin) can change the terms of sales is how they function. Make sure read all of the terms of sale and all the drop downs too. Just because Blue Nile, Whiteflash, James Allen, Ardimor offer free returns they don't . Add icing on this experience the Sales Supervisor called me a Target/ Walmart shopper and a serial returner because I had the audacity of wanting to see the diamonds first hand to make this decision.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two MRB's were from Brian Gavin's Cape group. The N diamond had a splotchy coloring along with tones of brown which I did not want. This was something I specifically communicated with sales agent, asked point blank and was told it wasn't splotchy and there wasn't any brown tone. The M diamond was pretty, lively unfortunately I realized it was the shape that was throwing me off in addition to the inconsistent coloring of the N diamond. The staff that I dealt with were not helpful, tried rushing the sale, " telling me that there was someone else interested in the N diamond". That really wasn't my concern. I made it clear that I needed to see the diamonds in person. I placed the order making it clear I would either choose one of the diamonds, not both or neither depending on how I like the color. Well how dare I. The diamonds were returned within the allotted time frame and they refused to issue me a credit forcing me to have the credit card company get incolved. It seems that not telling customers that they ( Brian Gavin) can change the terms of sales is how they function. Make sure read all of the terms of sale and all the drop downs too. Just because Blue Nile, Whiteflash, James Allen, Ardimor offer free returns they don't . Add icing on this experience the Sales Supervisor called me a Target/ Walmart shopper and a serial returner because I had the audacity of wanting to see the diamonds first hand to make this decision.

I'm sorry about that experience. However, if you want a WHITE diamond without any yellow/brown/other, then I would avoid anything below G/H color. The cape line is BGD's lower colored stones, so they will always have some warmth/tint.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures of the splotchy color? Just curious to see that.
If you are looking to get a custom cut diamond, I think you’ll agree on a parameter range that it can grade out to be on the lab report or you can opt out of buying. But I don’t know how that works if something doesn’t look right to your eye - like a taste or flavor that isn’t a quantifiable thing that a lab can test for? I dunno?
There’s only a few cutters of new antique cushions/old mines that have been mentioned on PS. Have you looked thru their custom cut policies on their websites?

And out of curiousity, you returned the stones to BG, they received them within their timeframe, and they refused to refund your money? For what reason did they state? And how long was it that made it apparent you had to contact you CC to get involved to get your funds back?

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry about that experience. However, if you want a WHITE diamond without any yellow/brown/other, then I would avoid anything below G/H color. The cape line is BGD's lower colored stones, so they will always have some warmth/tint.

Lovedogs I am looking for a soft yellow tinted diamonds.

Lovedogs I do want a soft buttery colored diamond, not afraid of a little flouro either as longs as it doesn't impact the diamonds clarity.
Instagram has a few vendors that have had some diamonds in this range. As I said I want to work with a vendor that folks on this site are familiar with.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add icing on this experience the Sales Supervisor called me a Target/ Walmart shopper and a serial returner because I had the audacity of wanting to see the diamonds first hand to make this decision.
Strange, I have purchased from BGD many times in the past and they always treated me like a king.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have pictures of the splotchy color? Just curious to see that.
If you are looking to get a custom cut diamond, I think you’ll agree on a parameter range that it can grade out to be on the lab report or you can opt out of buying. But I don’t know how that works if something doesn’t look right to your eye - like a taste or flavor that isn’t a quantifiable thing that a lab can test for? I dunno?
There’s only a few cutters of new antique cushions/old mines that have been mentioned on PS. Have you looked thru their custom cut policies on their websites?

And out of curiousity, you returned the stones to BG, they received them within their timeframe, and they refused to refund your money? For what reason did they state? And how long was it that made it apparent you had to contact you CC to get involved to get your funds back?
They wanted me to pay for the shipping and insurance on the returns. They had ample time before the sale to inform me they would do this, they were well aware that there was a possibility that I might not keep either diamond if the diamond coloring wasn't what I was looking for. Springing this on the customer after the fact is an act of disrespect.
It took me a month and a half to get the credit finalized. Lesley and Emily were aware that we paid our bills of every month. The diamonds were returned and the bill was due nine days later.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs I am looking for a soft yellow tinted diamonds.

Lovedogs I do want a soft buttery colored diamond, not afraid of a little flouro either as longs as it doesn't impact the diamonds clarity.
Instagram has a few vendors that have had some diamonds in this range. As I said I want to work with a vendor that folks on this site are familiar with.

Ok, so you want a lower color, but do not want brown? I just want to make sure I understand what you want so I can try to recommend some vendors.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does their policy not state the customer pays for return shipping and insurance?
I find that to be a common policy and totally acceptable.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does their policy not state the customer pays for return shipping and insurance?
I find that to be a common policy and totally acceptable.

Here is what their website says:

1. If you decide that you would like to return your purchase you will need to request an RMA#. 2. To do so, please log into your order history and request RMA for Return before the end of the 15th day of inspection. 3. You can also request an RMA for Return via e-mail to [email protected] before the end of the 15th day of inspection. 4. We will e-mail you back with a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number which must be written on the outside of the return package. 5. All packages must be returned via United States Postal Service (USPS) Registered/Insured Mail. The insurance amount should be for the amount you paid. 6. The package must be post marked no later than the 16th day after receipt of the product. 7. Once the package is received it will be opened under camera and the contents will be inspected to confirm that the items are in their original, undamaged condition. If you have damaged or mislaid the diamond grading certificate/report, there will be a $200 charge to have it reissued at the lab. 8. Your refund will be issued within 5 - 7 business days from receipt of the return via original form of payment. Original Complimentary FedEx shipping/insurance charges will be deducted from your refund.

To me, this suggests that the buyer is responsible for shipping and insurance, and that the original shipping / insurance charges will be deducted from the total refund amount

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Strange, I have purchased from BGD many times in the past and they always treated me like a king.

Dancing Fire what can I say, I am not the only person who has had a poor experience with BGD. Even if this was the only time this occurred, not being upfront about my desired stone coloring, why would you waste your time, my time knowing I was firm about what I wanted? Especially if there was another customer that was ready to buy that diamond. Had they said you know it does show a brownish tint, that would have been the end of that.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what their website says:

To me, this suggests that the buyer is responsible for shipping and insurance, and that the original shipping / insurance charges will be deducted from the total refund amount

That was not mentioned to me, as I said, had I known this, it would have been something I would have considered.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so you want a lower color, but do not want brown? I just want to make sure I understand what you want so I can try to recommend some vendors.

No brown, no grey.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
To help you can you expand on what you mean by splotchy coloring ?
RBs are not known for even color and all yellow all the time is $$$fancy$$$ not n color.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
To help you can you expand on what you mean by splotchy coloring ?
RBs are not known for even color and all yellow all the time is $$$fancy$$$ not n color.

Karl_K hopefully I'll find a vendor who can help me find the right diamond in the perfect range for me. I have seen several OP who have found very pretty higher colored diamonds.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What carat range? Or MM?
And a new cut antique type cushion, right? Like August vintage, or Canera old mine, or what GemConcepts does?
And you are saying higher color, higher alphabet, but that usually means close to D I believe?
So what color range in the alphabet letters is your sweet spot?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Check out Victor Canera's IG page. So much to drool over!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
What carat range? Or MM?
And a new cut antique type cushion, right? Like August vintage, or Canera old mine, or what GemConcepts does?
And you are saying higher color, higher alphabet, but that usually means close to D I believe?
So what color range in the alphabet letters is your sweet spot?

Nothing above L. Some of the posts showed some O/P, S/T that were very pretty.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing above L. Some of the posts showed some O/P, S/T that were very pretty.
[/QUOTE2.6-2.7 range more chubby rectangular 1.10-1.15 dimension.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
One more: www The company certainly understands light colors [in making outrageous matched suits!] The question is what might be available etc.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call gemConcepts or DistinctiveGem to inquire about a custom cut or see if they might have something coming down the pipeline that fits the bill and your budget.
But the thing is, read their posted terms of sale and returns policy on their website first. Then if you want to, you can try and ask for a deviance in their written policy to match your wants and needs. You’ll want that agreement of their willingness to waive whatever their normal policy is, in writing.
I don’t know how to address seeing brown or grey in a low alphabet stone thats not noted on the report as having a tint.
If the ‘spotty color’ is simply how the body color of the stone is bounced back to your eye via the facets - yoram/diamonds by Lauren had a whole thing going on a while back on some new “old” cut cushions being cut to bounce white light to your eye vs another special old mine cut designed to bounce back the body color. If that’s what you are seeing, like the stone in the link three posts above - I don’t think that’s a stone with splotchy color. It’s body color isn’t zoned at all.

And if you are banking on getting this done and returned so the charge doesn’t roll over on a credit card billing period, you’ll need to make the purchase the day after your billing period rolls over.

Best wishes.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about old world diamonds? I have heard great things about them, though haven't worked with them personally.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about old world diamonds? I have heard great things about them, though haven't worked with them personally.

Great option, if a newly cut stone isn’t wanted. I thought OP wanted that.

Maybe I’m confused.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results