shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a Rose Cut Pear Diamond!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rose-cut pear and a lovely color!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! Trying to get a few more snaps tonight capturing the colors and sparkle.

20190805_212633.jpg
20190805_212702.jpg 20190805_212725.jpg

I can't believe I love rose cuts this much! :kiss2:

DH likes it too! He was playing with it for a bit - there's hope for him yet :lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15 -

I am sooooo jealous! This is gorgeous!

Would you mind if I asked you how this compared the the smaller, D-colored diamond, price-wise? Also - the link to this stone is no longer there; can you pls tell me its ctw?

Thank you - as someone who was eyeing that turtle also, this is going to be fabulous!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15 -

I am sooooo jealous! This is gorgeous!

Would you mind if I asked you how this compared the the smaller, D-colored diamond, price-wise? Also - the link to this stone is no longer there; can you pls tell me its ctw?

Thank you - as someone who was eyeing that turtle also, this is going to be fabulous!

Of course! Mine cosr $935 and is 0.78 ctw with dimensions of 8.2 x 5.6mm. It was described as a J VVS1 but could easily be warmer than that.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Newest CAD!
Screenshot_20190806-172342_Gallery.jpg
Inspo pic for legs, head and tail:
Screenshot_20190802-164403_Chrome.jpg

What do you think? I feel like the side view might be off?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is there anyone in particular I should tag for CAD help? Really want to make sure I get this right :mrgreen2:.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he's really cute. Some designs don't translate well to CADs. My only concern is that his limbs and head should perhaps be a tiny bit more chunky. Is the center stone bezel or prong set? I would probably go with bezel, but it's personal choice.

ETA I think the dimensions on the first CAD were a closer reflection of the turtle on Alex's Instagram. He was a little smaller, meaning his limbs weren't as long - given that the diamond remained the same size. I also preferred that shape to his head. I understand about you wanting him to be more 3D, but I think the overall shape was better.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Noticing big flippers at interesting angles with the body especially while swimming, so proportions are easier to appreciate in the first photo on sand:

WWW_1

WWW_2

WWW_3 (my choice of model)

WWW_4

Happy search this!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Newest CAD!
Screenshot_20190806-172342_Gallery.jpg
Inspo pic for legs, head and tail:
Screenshot_20190802-164403_Chrome.jpg

What do you think? I feel like the side view might be off?

I can't comment on the side view, because I am no good with CADs. But I love the texture of the head, legs, etc of the one you posted

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is already simplified as a small sculpture WWW

over & out

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the flippers look better being more three-dimensional rather than flat. But, I also like how the flippers angled down in the original Park version. It sort of looked like he was walking or swimming.

ETA: I also like the flippers and head better just done in smooth gold without the skin pattern. I don't know why. I guess I just like the simplicity of it.

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough call on the proportions, IMO. Any way you can find cheap trinket turtle charms like you want? I’d think that’d help cement what you do want/don’t want in the final piece?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Check out Honolulu jewelry company turtle collection. They might be able to give some inspiration I love your project!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the feedback!!

- I definitely agree that the first turtle was more similar to Alex's. I decided to ask DK to make the shape of the fins and head more lifelike.
- I think the limbs and head are long enough, but I agree they would look nicer a bit wider. I don't want the neck or the spot where the front legs attach to the shell to be wider. I do want to trim down the area where the neck meets the shell (the traps). I'd also like the front legs to be shifted down a touch, so the prongs are centered on the legs.
- I'm leaning towards prong set with short squatty claw prongs.
- No current plans to do the texture on the skin, but I do agree in looks nice in the inspo pic!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I want to do a turtle, toooooooo!! :lickout: I'll be watching your project with an eagle eye!!

Me too!!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm starting to stress . Here's the newest (3rd CAD):
20190810_080245.jpg

I liked the 2nd one a lot better. I don't know if it's just the head, but I think the current version looks cartoonish!?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm starting to stress . Here's the newest (3rd CAD):
20190810_080245.jpg

I liked the 2nd one a lot better. I don't know if it's just the head, but I think the current version looks cartoonish!?
Don't stress. But I agree this one doesn't work. Now the arms and legs and head are way too big and look like a cartoon.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO after looking back thru this thread, the issue is that the inspo pic you have him had a mic bigger center Stone, so the legs/arms/head/tail were proportioned accordingly. And DK basically took those sizes and put it with your stone, whxuh made it look kind of cartoonish.

jackieblue78

Rough_Rock
Are you going to back the diamond with foil?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IMHO after looking back thru this thread, the issue is that the inspo pic you have him had a mic bigger center Stone, so the legs/arms/head/tail were proportioned accordingly. And DK basically took those sizes and put it with your stone, whxuh made it look kind of cartoonish.

I think that's a good point. I'm going to print out a picture of the second CAD and draw on it to see if i can figure out the proportions before going back to DK.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have DK put a high-polished metal cup under the diamond so you get the foiled look without the high maintenance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results