CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Diana of SinCityFinds can probably source you one. Her prices are very reasonable. And she's very sweet.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Someone on IG has one in a ring. Not sure how much she is asking though. The rose cut is on a ring by itself but then she has another ring on with it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byl6fC4lO4t/

This one is available but over budget. I think it's a beautiful stone though. Such sparkles :kiss2: Any thoughts on the shape? I think the 'tip' of the pear might be more rounded than pointed?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about this one? It’s a bit smaller but they take offers and it comes with GIA.

ETA: I found the original listing at a lower price here and this is the video

However, this might be an even better pick, I love the shape and the stone is in the J range that @Ontheblackrock15 prefers: 0.78 J VVS1. It doesn’t seem to come with GIA but it looks lovely in the video.

Last edited:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What about this one? It’s a bit smaller but they take offers and it comes with GIA.

ETA: I found the original listing at a lower price here and this is the video

However, this might be an even better pick, I love the shape and the stone is in the J range that @Ontheblackrock15 prefers: 0.78 J VVS1. It doesn’t seem to come with GIA but it looks lovely in the video.

I love both of those options!!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for pointing me to that site @SimoneDi. I found another one on the same site that is $160 over budget but also looks like it would work:
https://www.lukhidiamond.com/GIA-IG...7.23-MM-0.68-Ct-L3879?sort=p.price&order=DESC

Or the J from the post above:
https://www.lukhidiamond.com/FANCY-...8-20-MM-0-78-Ct-L6683?sort=p.price&order=DESC

Is there a clear winner in terms of performance between the two? What about shape? Does one pear say 'turtle shell' more than the other one :lol-2:

The new stone is also lovely, I was trying to stay under budget with my suggestions. :D
I haven’t purchased from the site, but they seem to have good reviews and a return policy (although not sure how much return shipping would cost). I would contact them and ask for videos of both stones side-by-side so that you can see which one you prefer.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The new stone is also lovely, I was trying to stay under budget with my suggestions. :D
I haven’t purchased from the site, but they seem to have good reviews and a return policy (although not sure how much return shipping would cost). I would contact them and ask for videos of both stones side-by-side so that you can see which one you prefer.

Definitely appreciate staying in budget! I asked my DH which shape he thought looked more like a turtle shell and pointed out the one was over budget. He's no help and said to get the one I like regardless of the $$$ :lol-2:

I'll ask for the side by side videos! I'm also wondering if I should stay away from the D since my Ering is an L/M color and my studs are J/K. Maybe the D turtle would be too much difference in color?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that J that @SimoneDi pointed out. Nice shape and color and looks to be sparkly.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely appreciate staying in budget! I asked my DH which shape he thought looked more like a turtle shell and pointed out the one was over budget. He's no help and said to get the one I like regardless of the $$$ :lol-2:

I'll ask for the side by side videos! I'm also wondering if I should stay away from the D since my Ering is an L/M color and my studs are J/K. Maybe the D turtle would be too much difference in color?
Haha, good job DH! I wouldn’t necessarily worry about the color difference because to me they are completely different jewels and wouldn’t be seen next to one another. I do like that the D comes with GIA report. The stone also has strong flouro. Perhaps, ask them for a video in the sun as well. I also still like the J, but you need to pick the one that speaks to you the most!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shape of the J more for a turtle shell, but both are gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The “J” is most definitely not J-coloured material by GIA standards - it is far more tinted. I own a number of reputably-graded Js in various shapes and sizes, and I’ve learnt how they compare across various lighting conditions... My guess, just from those photos, would be N-S/T. That may or may not matter to you.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you reached out to Caysie?

She has an eye for rose cuts, and she is 100% honest in terms of opinion on what you’re getting. I bought an uncerted rosie from her a few months ago - she called it N/VS1... GIA called it N/VVS1.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you reached out to Caysie?

She has an eye for rose cuts, and she is 100% honest in terms of opinion on what you’re getting. I bought an uncerted rosie from her a few months ago - she called it N/VS1... GIA called it N/VVS1.

Yes I have! She said she'd check her stock and get back to me.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The “J” is most definitely not J-coloured material by GIA standards - it is far more tinted. I own a number of reputably-graded Js in various shapes and sizes, and I’ve learnt how they compare across various lighting conditions... My guess, just from those photos, would be N-S/T. That may or may not matter to you.

I did have that same thought, but wasn't sure if rose cuts show their color more. My E ring is L/M ish and set in 18k gose gold... I thought if I go with the J, I'd set in rose gold to embrace the warmth and match my ring :twisted2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did have that same thought, but wasn't sure if rose cuts show their color more. My E ring is L/M ish and set in 18k gose gold... I thought if I go with the J, I'd set in rose gold to embrace the warmth and match my ring :twisted2:
The rose cut vendor seems to have GIA graded stones, so perhaps they can submit it for grading if you request that. I am not that familiar with rose cuts but the vendor’s prices seem lower and they have over 1.8k excellent reviews on Etsy as well as positive reviews on eBay. One cannot say the same about other aforementioned vendor that I have personally had the displeasure of working with.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I decided to buy the J!!! :love::love::love:

I realized if I bought it today, I'd get $100 off with ebay coupons, so I quit my hemming and hawing jumped on it!

:appl:
Yay! It seems to be a beautiful stone! Can’t wait for pics once you receive it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Estimated delivery of the stone is 2-3 weeks... In the meantime DK is working on a sketch! I'll definitely post pics and would appreciate feedback on the turtle design!!!

AHHHHHH THIS IS HAPPENING!!! :mrgreen2:
So happy for you!!!!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
First CAD:

Screenshot_20190801-165421_Gmail.jpg

Thoughts/Questions:
- I'd like the turtle's legs and head to be more three dimensional rather than flat on the sides and bottom.
- Should I ask for the legs and head to be more realistically proportioned?
- Should the turtle to have a small tail?
- What kind of prongs, short fat claws?
- How would this hang on a chain? I think I want him angled a bit

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One other question - this is the first time I'm working with someone on a CAD. Should I s send DK the feedback I have now knowing I'll probably have additional requests to send him? Or wait and send most of them at once?

Will I get more suggestions if I create a CAD thread?

Here's my thought as to how it'd hang on the chain:

20190801_195920.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send pictures of examples to DK to help illustrate your thoughts when you can. On both of what you do want and what you don’t.
There’s tons of pics googleable of turtle pendants to use.
I agree on wanting his head, arms and legs to be 3D.
I say yes to a little tail! And askew!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results