shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a natural sapphire under 2k!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, let’s assume I will say “ditto” for all of @ItsMainelyYou ’s replies haha!

For me...seeing them side by side, the window bothers me more than the extinction in the darker stone, but I would say this is exclusively my personal preference based on these two stones. I also like royal blue, but heck I like lotsa colors.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Alrighhht, after looking and looking, I finally decided to buy the original sapphire I was considering.

I realized nothing quite appealed to me like that one. He also let me pay via western union, so it worked.

It will ship next tue. WooHoo!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That's fantastic and I think you're going to love it. That's what it's all about, what speaks to you. It's a beautiful specimen. We'll want many pictures so we can ogle it too!

Reactions: ean
Alrighhht, after looking and looking, I finally decided to buy the original sapphire I was considering.

I realized nothing quite appealed to me like that one. He also let me pay via western union, so it worked.

It will ship next tue. WooHoo!!

Is it this guy?
E701DCE8-C247-406D-84AF-7E6DA0A211E5.jpeg

I'm so glad you were able to find something you love above all others! It's a great choice!

evil_unicorn

Rough_Rock
Hey @ean, just wondering if you’ve received the stone yet and if the transaction went smoothly?

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I haven’t yet. It is stuck in Singapore due to US weather delay. It’s not the seller of Fedex fault though, so I have no complaints. Fingers crossed it will be here next week.

*or Fedex’s fault

Jeesh.

Sapphire is now in California, hopefully it won’t get stuck there long.

Anyway, my sidestones from CJD Sako arrived today! Old european cuts, a hair shy of 5mm. GIA M VS1 and VS2. It’s so nice to not be color sensitive, I can barely see any tint in these in real life. Also, I tried and tried and tried to take good pictures, but this is the best I can do for now. 548E8F77-E737-4178-80D4-6403EE6519C1.jpeg

*or Fedex’s fault

Jeesh.

Sapphire is now in California, hopefully it won’t get stuck there long.

Anyway, my sidestones from CJD Sako arrived today! Old european cuts, a hair shy of 5mm. GIA M VS1 and VS2. It’s so nice to not be color sensitive, I can barely see any tint in these in real life. Also, I tried and tried and tried to take good pictures, but this is the best I can do for now. 548E8F77-E737-4178-80D4-6403EE6519C1.jpeg

They're so bright and well-matched. Can't wait to see them paired with your sapphire!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
20508080-5605-40C9-93D5-EEC4A526078E.jpeg 91DD04ED-4DE5-4A16-8B82-B75A796D3201.jpeg ABC493F0-FCD2-4CCA-94CD-5C251BA25197.jpeg

Here she is!!! I am extremely tired from work, but managed to get quick pictures in this dark and dreary day. I wasn’t prepared for how hard it actually is to take accurate pictures. Phew! The extinction is there, though it doesn’t bother me, and it certainly looks much darker in pictures than what I see in real life. Can’t wait to see it outside when the sun is out.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
20508080-5605-40C9-93D5-EEC4A526078E.jpeg 91DD04ED-4DE5-4A16-8B82-B75A796D3201.jpeg ABC493F0-FCD2-4CCA-94CD-5C251BA25197.jpeg

Here she is!!! I am extremely tired from work, but managed to get quick pictures in this dark and dreary day. I wasn’t prepared for how hard it actually is to take accurate pictures. Phew! The extinction is there, though it doesn’t bother me, and it certainly looks much darker in pictures than what I see in real life. Can’t wait to see it outside when the sun is out.

Oh this is going to be a beauuuutiful ring!!! Love the side stones too!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is going to be a beauuuutiful ring!!! Love the side stones too!

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to seeing it when the sun is out and I certainly can’t wait to get it set. Debating between Ivy and Rose and DK.

joycece

Rough_Rock

Similar to yours but I like the light yellow tint on your side stones better. Warmer color complement the beautiful blue you have there. Are you going to go with yellow gold?

How was your experience with this sapphire seller?

ean

Brilliant_Rock

Similar to yours but I like the light yellow tint on your side stones better. Warmer color complement the beautiful blue you have there. Are you going to go with yellow gold?

How was your experience with this sapphire seller?

I’m debating between WG or unplated WG. I just don’t really wear gold.

I have no complaints. The communication was great and I feel like it was accurate. I know some gemstone sellers tend to over enhance their stones.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look beautiful!! :love:

~~I know you haven’t asked ~~
But I vote unplated white gold.
not the nickel free never needs plating unplated white gold though.
Am not a fan of how it looks.

unless of yourse you have a nickel allergy.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hot damn @ean !
It's a perfect royal! That's what I was hoping this stone would present as. Your suite of stones is going to make a beautiful, beautiful ring. I vote unplated white gold as it has an amazing nuanced color that will play off the oec/sapphire!
More pics!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I will say - unplated WG is warm - I have had it, and loved it because it is almost a champagne color that would look lovely with M colored diamonds. I however discovered a nickel allergy so can't wear it

If you want a cool, silvery looking metal you may not be the happiest with it, but what's nice is you can always rhodium plate it, or have it taken it off

I am also team N/S layout but that is my personal preference and nothing more!

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
@ean - did you end up having to pay customs tax on the stone?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
@ean I'm so happy you found a stone to your liking. I'm on a similar journey. My preference is the east/west orientation. Look forward to seeing your finished ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results