shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a Jyotish quality Yellow Sapphire

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
What type of inclusions are in the 3.65... "a veil" is that similar to silk?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She said because it has silk andit would be destroyed with heating
If you love everything else about the stone and the only thing holding you back is that it doesn’t have an AGL or GIA Report, I would let her know that. Maybe the two of you could work something out as far as the report goes.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I keep hearing that 'all sapphires have inclusions'... and thats obviously not true. Y3a sure, maybe under magnification. But there are eye clean ones. Theres even a 2.80 but very expensive and not the shape i want at eds that is free of inclusions i think even under a loop. Yea they are rare but to say all sapphires have inclusions thats ridiculous. There are plenty of eye clean aka non included sapphires.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Under the loop is a different story. But all gems even IF diamonds or whatever if you magnified at 200% would be included. So we are talking with the most vigorous eye inspecting - non included.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. I noticed why I find DS's cut so strange: the back-tip (whats-the-name?) is missing. Is it normal not to have a tip in the back?

The OP already clarified this, but what you see in the pictures is the crown of the stone (the top). The pavilion (bottom) comes to a point like you would see in a diamond and that part goes down into the crack in the white ring box.

IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1037.JPG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5B68942D-1233-4E09-98CF-AAB5AA2E2478.jpeg A2129FBB-3BA7-4855-9EF7-2794A65D5F42.jpeg
What type of inclusions are in the 3.65... "a veil" is that similar to silk?
This one is definitely not “eye clean”. You can see those “little specs” in the photo, that’s is the rutile silk. It also says “slightly included”. A “veil” is like a cluster of these rutile needles which are in one plane, so as you rotate the stone they can sort of disappear, imagine looking at a piece of paper sideways “edge on” and then can look very noticeable.
If you want a big size yellow sapphire, Diamondseekers is easily the best of them.
This is my big yellow (not for sale) it has a veil, here is a photo that shows it (at the 6 o’clock position) and another on the hand and it’s not noticable.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
The 3.65 not eye clean? Ed says different and i questioned him about the hand photo and he swears on his daughters life it is 100% eye clean. He says those are light reflecting in facets. I thought the 3.65 had some weird looking whiteness in the middle of the gem on his hand photo so I drilled him about it and his response was there is absolutely nothing to be seen it is flawless to the naked eye.. you think otherwise?

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I still feel like I see the thing at 6 oclock in your photo at 9 in the second. Do you mean in Eds first photo you can see the veil or in the hand shot? The first one is 36× magnified

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Btw it says very slightly included which is different from Eds terminology of slightly included or lightly included.

Well anyway thats why I posted here to get second opinions. So you are saying you think Ed is misrepresenting his stone if he swears from the top especially -there is no inclusion to be seen (not even the veil) with regular eyesight?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
No one is saying anything about Ed's responses, they are just offering opinions based on photos since this is the best you can do shopping online. He is also a member here although he hasn't posted recently. Also, I don't think anyone is actively persuading you to buy any stone. You came to Pricescope to ask for ideas and opinions, so people give their opinions. Buy the stone you like more, end of story. The gem that you feel most strongly attracted to is the right stone for you if you believe in astrology, don't you think?

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I'm not saying nor do I think anyone is trying to actively persuade me to buy a stone. In fact I asked people to tell me what stone they thought seemed best. I think the only diagreement I've personally had here is that all sapphires have eye inclusions. I welcome all the other feedback except whatever is rude, kind of like your mis directed comment, which sounds a bit off and frankly, RH positive. Har har

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
If it was real life and I had the two stones in front of me sure- but I'm not able to fully see their nature so no.. the best stone astrologically is the one firstly without eye visible flaws- then the other parameters. And about Eds responses well yes someone is saying something about them. He says the stone is eye clean another says it is not. So I further asked to clarify if this is truely what she meant. My questions were 1000% innocent, but your tone seems off. And the reason it seems RH+ lol- a different species from my own- quite un empathic which is why I believe you mistook my words- not 'hearing' the spirit behind the text. Probably shouldn't have went into all the detail - but it is what it is.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently it’s an astrology thing.

What is a Jyotish gemstone? Truth of Astrological Gemstones

In Simple terms a Jyotish Gemstone or an Astrological Gemstone is a Gem recommended on basis of sacred Astrological principles of Jyotisha to bring in dawn of fame and fortune and accomplishment of desires. But not every Gem is a Jyotish Gemstone.

A Gemstone is a Jyotish Gem only when it excels on all 4C’s-the cut, color, clarity and carat weight and the crystal is of exceptional lustre with a color so fine and closest to its true spectral color that it looks outstanding. Only an untreated Gem like that qualifies to be a Jyotish Gemstone and has the capacity to bring about promised results. It is very improtant to understand various Gemstone meanings.

I wonder if this is supported by actual empirical scientific evidence... lol

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Bron357, just for my eye-sight or monitor check, no criticism, your gem looks more yellowish green to me than yellow? Or do I miss-judge the color? For the OP's spiritual good-luck purposes, purity of color is among the top issues. A strong 2ndary green would completely 'ruin' the gem's effect.

StarNH-, yes, there are opaque cabochons in use for jyotish gems but their purpose is not to bundle light into one point as it is in a transparent gem. The lack of a back-tip in the cushion gem seem's a no-go for me in an astrological gem.

Also, I didn't know the DS's gem is not yet tested, so that would double my no-go for a gem you need to believe in. Having it tested is a hassle, and if a problem comes up, by then Ed's gem might be sold, especially since you have shown it to 1000s of gem buyers now.

If Ed say's something like 'on my daughters health' I'm pretty sure he means it. From his website, you can guess he is a spiritual person, so it is safe to assume he would never play with such an oath. You must have pushed him really hard for such a statement. Is he still answering your emails? I would take your mistrust personally at such a point but perhaps Ed has learned to be patient with new-comers.

Finally, and then I will step out here, are you sure this all is not more about you having problems with decision making or trust issues?

Perhaps, the yellow sapphire was prescribed to make you more decisive or overcome mistrust or such?

That would be quite an irony! You want to change something in yourself with a specific gem but that something hinders you to buy the gem in the first place! Typical universe teaching.

A nice spiritual catch22, and this forum, with all respect, does provide you with even more contradicting opinions and reasoning, while most here probably don't even believe in gem-astrology.

You can go on discussing here for the next half year, until some gems under consideration are sold, or new ones arrive, and then you can start from zero, and never get your gem. Because, in the end, it is you who needs to have faith.

Over and out!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron357, just for my eye-sight or monitor check, no criticism, your gem looks more yellowish green to me than yellow? Or do I miss-judge the color? For the OP's spiritual good-luck purposes, purity of color is among the top issues. A strong 2ndary green would completely 'ruin' the gem's effect.

StarNH-, yes, there are opaque cabochons in use for jyotish gems but their purpose is not to bundle light into one point as it is in a transparent gem. The lack of a back-tip in the cushion gem seem's a no-go for me in an astrological gem.

Also, I didn't know the DS's gem is not yet tested, so that would double my no-go for a gem you need to believe in. Having it tested is a hassle, and if a problem comes up, by then Ed's gem might be sold, especially since you have shown it to 1000s of gem buyers now.

If Ed say's something like 'on my daughters health' I'm pretty sure he means it. From his website, you can guess he is a spiritual person, so it is safe to assume he would never play with such an oath. You must have pushed him really hard for such a statement. Is he still answering your emails? I would take your mistrust personally at such a point but perhaps Ed has learned to be patient with new-comers.

Finally, and then I will step out here, are you sure this all is not more about you having problems with decision making or trust issues?

Perhaps, the yellow sapphire was prescribed to make you more decisive or overcome mistrust or such?

That would be quite an irony! You want to change something in yourself with a specific gem but that something hinders you to buy the gem in the first place! Typical universe teaching.

A nice spiritual catch22, and this forum, with all respect, does provide you with even more contradicting opinions and reasoning, while most here probably don't even believe in gem-astrology.

You can go on discussing here for the next half year, until some gems under consideration are sold, or new ones arrive, and then you can start from zero, and never get your gem. Because, in the end, it is you who needs to have faith.

Over and out!
Just an iPhone photo at night. This is daylight. F9D3C9EF-7950-4479-BD5D-71DBEEB889CA.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My final 5 cents is, if neither gem “speaks” to you, neither is the right gem.
I respect your cultural desire for a Jyotish yellow sapphire but I also think that there has to be a personal connection or a resonance with the gem you seek and you shouldn’t settle for anything else.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lack of a back-tip in the cushion gem seem's a no-go for me in an astrological gem.
Perhaps the 3rd time (or is it the 4th time) will be the charm. The cushion sapphire is not lacking "a back-tip" (culet) -- had the pavilion been lopped off, it would look very different looking down into the stone from the top than this:
JeffWhite yellow antique cushion cut sapphire.jpg
Rather, as previously explained, the remaining photos in diamondseeker's LoupeTroop listing show the sapphire with its pavilion nestled down into the batting of the gem box; the second pic is a side shot (still "face-up", i.e., with the pavilion down) showing the girdle, crown, and table.
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...ique-cushion-sapphire-cut-by-jeff-white;22216

@StarRHnegative , I have no idea why Anne111 was so impatient with you in her post #46 earlier this morning. But I'm sorry for that. You posted for the first time just yesterday, and for most of us (including those who are not buying a colored gem for the first time, as you are) $4500 - 6800 is not pocket change spent without considered deliberation.

I personally prefer ds's yellow sapphire, and the Earth's Treasury one, as I think they are livelier, more "engaging" stones that draw my eye into each of them (and the oval's "bow tie" -- not at all uncommon in ovals -- is distracting for me; many people, however, wouldn't mind that bow tie). But I'm not you, the would-be purchaser :))

Like @Bron357 , I'm thinking it seems neither stone is "speaking" to you. So I too will encourage you to keep exploring possibilities.

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen this site? They appear to specialize in what you are looking for:
https://www.planetarygems.com/yellowsapphirepage.htm
It sounds promising (altho' the web site looks like something out of the early 80's), but here are some examples of why Planetary Gems has gained little favor here on the CS forum:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/planetary-gems-dreadful-customer-service.206595/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/planetary-gems-experiences.189786/

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock

Over and out!

Lol nope.. not about confidence. I simply am a Saggitarius Rising with Jupiter placed in its own sign, in its own house and am trying to take my life to the next level plus who doesn't want more luck, wealth and the overall benefic energy of jupiter.

Ed seems like a nice guy.. but it also seems reasonable for someone to question someone before bank wiring $6000 to them. Especially since I've never heard of him before.
You're right about many seeing that stone by now.. better act fast. Bahaha. Na.. I'm not worried. If I lose it, another shall come. I do feel drawn to it but I also doubt specifically because I dont like all those bubbles in it. But I guess if it's eye clean they wouldn't matter.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
After reviews I'm staying clear of planetary gems and Jay Boyles astrologicalgems.... the only one ive considered is gemstone universe but mehh the cuts all look really off and their reviews are filled with 1 review profiles that just seem fake!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reviews I'm staying clear of planetary gems and Jay Boyles astrologicalgems.... the only one ive considered is gemstone universe but mehh the cuts all look really off and their reviews are filled with 1 review profiles that just seem fake!

I am extremely dubious about Astrology and most things along those lines.

On that basis, I would say that if you want to buy a nice stone, by all means buy a nice stone, but don't pay any extra for any 'magical' properties that it may (or, more likely, may not) have.

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
I am extremely dubious about Astrology and most things along those lines.

On that basis, I would say that if you want to buy a nice stone, by all means buy a nice stone, but don't pay any extra for any 'magical' properties that it may (or, more likely, may not) have.

Astrology is absolutely real - anyone in the occult world can confirm it - not to mention a detailed analysis of Vedic can tell you all about your life.
I started really understanding once I found out my Ascendant and the KRS youtube astrology channel by Rajiel (think thats his name) spoke on my rising sign.. specifically saying your dad was most likely in the oil industry and a contract maker. You probably moved when you were young and you are always preaching. I was like wtf.. My dad is the vice president of an oil company- and he writes, overlooks and completes the paper contracts. I moved when I was two and ya I do preach all the time and additionally hahah in the last year I have been rediscovering my Nordic Germanic roots,**edited by moderator, no racist comments allowed**. Something mentioned in his video under Saggitarius Ascendant.

And the more you look into the planetary aspects.. the deeper it goes.

You not believing in it sounds more about.. you not understanding it. What are you refering to - the newspaper horoscope ? Hahaha ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
Probably get flamed for the last post by blinded souls but ok.. that fire won't touch me.

Look into what Dashas are. When mine changed in 1989 I moved from Scotland to the US. Another time it changed in 2007 a huge different era of my life began- moving to college.. and in 2012 the month I entered into my Venus era I met the girl I married (two months after meeting).

Yea for someone of doubt.. these things will mean nothing. Dive into Vedic astrology.. and you will see.. bahahaha 8-)

StarRHnegative

Rough_Rock
On the note of stones.. they all have magical properties.

It's the ones that have flaws that will cause negative effects in your life. Or if the wrong type is touching your skin.

For instance if I wore a diamond with Venus in the 12th house of losses- id lose all things of venus - they'd slip away into the realm of the 12th so I should not strengthen venus. Even with a flawless gem.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Question:

AGL says „ No gemological evidence of heat“

Is this certified unheated or that they could not find an evidence of heat treatment?

For me it is not the same.

For me it is in combination with the comment a „ we don’t know exactly“

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question:
AGL says „ No gemological evidence of heat“
Is this certified unheated or that they could not find an evidence of heat treatment?
For me it is not the same.
Are there reputable independent labs that "certify" such? AGL is not alone in this; neither GIA nor GRS, for example, will "certify" a sapphire is unheated; a GIA sapphire report will state No indications of heating, e.g.,
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6183829983&s=1530036456734
and GRS employs the same kind of language, No indication of thermal treatment -- see Sample Sapphire Report (2nd from left in 1st row) on this page:
http://gemresearch.ch/gemstone-reports/

Similarly, I've not seen a report from a lab I'd trust that certifies a colored gem's origin; maybe I've missed something?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results