shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a glorious OEC or OMC.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
This community helped me source/create my beautiful pink sapphire engagement ring. Which has been lost for some time and needs replacing. :cry2: Story of woe Here.

I took a peek at this LGD forum, how things have changed in the past 6 or so years! I'm wondering whether I should just pivot to a glorious OEC or OMC instead of the sapphire that is proving hard to find. I've searched the recommended vendors including labgrowndiamonds.com (waiting for some videos from them) and many, many others. I'm not finding much. Is reaching out to Alex Park my best bet for an OEC/OMC? What types of requirements should I have of these?

I know very little about them but just know they are GLORIOUS. Can someone please help? Budget for the stone is probably about $4K max. Was hoping for something at or bigger than 2.5 carats (is this possible?). My fingers are not dainty. Your help is greatly appreciated! I feel really out of my element here.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree with @Mooshi , but I have had luck finding a few at adiamor and ritani. Try searching for cushions with a culet and/or with a smaller table (under 58). That will increase your chances of finding one. I do however think that you have to order one to see IRL to judge the stone. The pictures/videos help a lot, but these stones really need to be evaluated in person. Also beware that some elongated cushions are cut really flat, so make sure to have a look at the side view to avoid getting a windowy pancake.
I have just now recently ordered one through adiamor and crossing my fingers it will be a nice stone.

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Mooshi has an OMC for your consideration, and @jaqjaqjaq has a transitional that used to be mine selling on loupe troop as well. Not sure how you feel about transitionals but its gorgeous and i loved it! I just wanted a 5 carat Old European Cut, so i had one custom cut because they're hard to find!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-hpht-lab-grown-diamond-gia-certified.282305/

Thank you for the mention :) I do have a glorious transitional cut currently on LT, a round 2.72cts ( right around 9mm)

To weigh in, it truly is like finding a needle in the haystack but not impossible ;-)

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
They're definitely like finding a needle in a haystack I've found. I'm selling one right now on loupetroop, it's a 2.7 omc and half your budget :)

Oh my gosh your stone is beautiful! And what FIRE!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
Agree with @Mooshi , but I have had luck finding a few at adiamor and ritani. Try searching for cushions with a culet and/or with a smaller table (under 58). That will increase your chances of finding one. I do however think that you have to order one to see IRL to judge the stone. The pictures/videos help a lot, but these stones really need to be evaluated in person. Also beware that some elongated cushions are cut really flat, so make sure to have a look at the side view to avoid getting a windowy pancake.
I have just now recently ordered one through adiamor and crossing my fingers it will be a nice stone.

Thanks for this advice will search those two websites. And keep these tips in mind. Would love to see your stone when it arrives. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results