Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Ruby 3-stone

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Save them for something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dvj

Shiny_Rock
Finally set my pair of jedi spinels, in some 14k YG CvB Spring Gulch double halo earring charms :mrgreen2:
CvB Spinel SG Huggies 1.jpg

They arrived at FedEx today and I raced over so I could put them on before I had to go out to pick up the kids from school lol. So of course as I am walking, I'm trying to subtly take selfies down the street.

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 2.jpg

Seriously only 1 out of like 15 were actually focused, so tried again when I got home.

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 4.jpg

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 3.jpg

They just glow like crazy, and my phone camera can't do it justice at all.

So the only red stones left to go are the single oval spinel and the cushion + OEC ring. I'll probably send off the cushion and diamonds in January, to let my wallet recover a bit lol. I was talking to Anoop from Jewels by Jogani last week at the NY Antique Jewelry Show, and I might want to get another spinel 5-stone made at some point (he had an amazing 5-stone Burmese ruby ring on display that was wayyyy out of budget), but we'll see!

Beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally set my pair of jedi spinels, in some 14k YG CvB Spring Gulch double halo earring charms :mrgreen2:
CvB Spinel SG Huggies 1.jpg

They arrived at FedEx today and I raced over so I could put them on before I had to go out to pick up the kids from school lol. So of course as I am walking, I'm trying to subtly take selfies down the street.

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 2.jpg

Seriously only 1 out of like 15 were actually focused, so tried again when I got home.

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 4.jpg

CvB Spinel SG Huggies 3.jpg

They just glow like crazy, and my phone camera can't do it justice at all.

So the only red stones left to go are the single oval spinel and the cushion + OEC ring. I'll probably send off the cushion and diamonds in January, to let my wallet recover a bit lol. I was talking to Anoop from Jewels by Jogani last week at the NY Antique Jewelry Show, and I might want to get another spinel 5-stone made at some point (he had an amazing 5-stone Burmese ruby ring on display that was wayyyy out of budget), but we'll see!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely and look great on you! Congrats!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Feb 2024 update:
I sent off some more stones to CvB to be set, including my cushion red spinel. She's going to be set E-W in a 5-stone Legacy setting along with 4 ~4.7mm OECs. I received the CADs last week:
Spinel Legacy 1.jpg

Spinel Legacy 2.jpg

The short edge of the cushion is about 4.85mm so it should match up nicely with the OECs, and I decided to go with the split prong shoulder since I don't have any rings with that design feature. I don't have a timeline for when it will be finished but I'm guessing by April :)

And in other exciting news.... even though I told myself I was on ban island for the month of December AND I have too many red stones, I saw a graduated suite of 5 red spinels (4.46ct total) from Dolly that I just couldn't resist :P2 We rationalized that it would be my Valentine's Day gift, so therefore I wasn't really spending for 2023!

Red Spinels 2.png

I had seen a Jogani ruby 5-stone while he was at the NY Antique Jewelry show in October and wanted to recreate something similar. Dolly's bench has already cast it and the stones should hopefully be set this week!

Inspo photo:
Jogani Ruby 5 Stone.jpg

And a preview of the setting:
Dolly Spinel 5 Stone.jpg

I loooove the finger coverage and think the stones will look sublime in the YG.

So yes, I have 2 5-stone red spinel rings in the works right now and can't wait to wear both of them at the same time lol

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The all red spinel 5 stone arrived today. Maximum finger coverage is an understatement lol. I'm pretty happy overall with the way the setting came out!

Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 1.jpg

Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 2.jpg

Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 3.jpg

It's beautiful, how does it feel comfort wise? I really want to do something similar but I hate the finger feel of rubbing.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful, how does it feel comfort wise? I really want to do something similar but I hate the finger feel of rubbing.

I have been wearing it on my ring finger, and if I align the largest stone to the middle of my finger, the sides do rub on the middle + pinky finger. If I turn it to the side a little bit, the end stones will sit next to the middle and above the pinky so the metal is not as noticeable. Wearing it on the middle finger would probably the best, since it would sit on top with less finger obstruction. I've got some other chunky rings though, so while it may not bother me, it might not feel great for you.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I have been wearing it on my ring finger, and if I align the largest stone to the middle of my finger, the sides do rub on the middle + pinky finger. If I turn it to the side a little bit, the end stones will sit next to the middle and above the pinky so the metal is not as noticeable. Wearing it on the middle finger would probably the best, since it would sit on top with less finger obstruction. I've got some other chunky rings though, so while it may not bother me, it might not feel great for you.

Thank you, I've obsessed over Jogani's ruby semi collet rings forever and I love the look- it's always good to know 'real world' wear testing.
I'm jealous you have your own!
Then again, I covet your avatar band super hard too, so it's not a new feeling for me:lol::love:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I have been wearing the 5-stone ring all weekend, and I just love the chunkiness of everything. Went on a walk yesterday morning and course had to take copious amounts of pictures in the sun to capture that glow.

Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 4.jpg

Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 5.jpg

And here is me trying to make a cool pose that casually includes my hand in the picture (total fail).
Chasiu Spinel 5 Stone 6.jpg

I was in a fairly quiet residential area, but had to keep making sure no other people or cars passing by as I was snapping photos with my hand in all sorts of weird positions. I probably looked pretty weird standing at corners waiting for people to walk by, pretending to be texting lol.

Unfortunately, I'll need to send the ring back temporarily because one of the end spinels has a small abrasion on a crown facet. I thought I could live with it but it just stands out more in the sunlight :( Crossing my fingers that everything turns out ok.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I like the 5 stone versions, esp. the last one with the samll stones on the end. But judging from your earrings, which are TO DIE FOR, whatever you do wil be sublime.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Look what arrived yesterday from CvB :appl:This spinel in yellow gold looks so deliciously red, and I love how bright it + the OECs look. The cushion spinel is set E-W and is actually 0.2mm wider than the OECs, but oddly enough it looks slightly smaller than the diamonds when you look at it head on (almost like an elongated bowtie?). I think it's a mix of the diamonds' light return + the gold prongs are maybe slightly more pronounced on the outer stones. Darned optical illusions lol

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 1.jpg

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 2.jpg

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 3.jpg

With this last piece, I have set all of my loose red stones except for one smallish oval, but I'm thinking maybe save it for my daughter. I've got one more colored stone piece in the works with CvB (emerald + diamond pear Toi et Moi), and then I have to send myself to ban island for a looong time I think.

Anyway, here is a final shot with all of the red pieces from this thread :mrgreen2:

Red Family.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Look what arrived yesterday from CvB :appl:This spinel in yellow gold looks so deliciously red, and I love how bright it + the OECs look. The cushion spinel is set E-W and is actually 0.2mm wider than the OECs, but oddly enough it looks slightly smaller than the diamonds when you look at it head on (almost like an elongated bowtie?). I think it's a mix of the diamonds' light return + the gold prongs are maybe slightly more pronounced on the outer stones. Darned optical illusions lol

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 1.jpg

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 2.jpg

Red Spinel OEC CvB Legacy 3.jpg

With this last piece, I have set all of my loose red stones except for one smallish oval, but I'm thinking maybe save it for my daughter. I've got one more colored stone piece in the works with CvB (emerald + diamond pear Toi et Moi), and then I have to send myself to ban island for a looong time I think.

Anyway, here is a final shot with all of the red pieces from this thread :mrgreen2:

Red Family.jpg

You're right, highly irregular! There's only one fix.
You need to send it to me:love:

Another beauty, look at that collection! The toi et moi will be spectacular as well, can't wait to see that one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results