shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide which one!

gb2510

Rough_Rock
Specs of four diamonds attached

If all four are roughly same price- which would you choose?
Based on the GIA report- do these look like they'd be nice diamonds?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2195188290.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • 6285736003.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • 1295072194.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 2166907360.pdf
    656.7 KB · Views: 43

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2195188290 - No. Crown too low.
1295072194, 6285736003, 166907360 - No. Uncomplimentary angles.

None of these are within the parameters that PS recommends. Can you post your budget and folks can suggest some better options?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, I wouldn't choose any of them based on the reports.

gb2510

Rough_Rock
I’m pretty much limited to these. I tried to find something in their vault that was as close to ideal proportions as possible. Will the crown being too low make a big difference? I know I can find a better diamond through the popular PS vendors but given those four, for the typical person would they pass an eye test as a beautiful stone?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty much limited to these. I tried to find something in their vault that was as close to ideal proportions as possible. Will the crown being too low make a big difference? I know I can find a better diamond through the popular PS vendors but given those four, for the typical person would they pass an eye test as a beautiful stone?

I would strongly encourage you to consider some of the popular PS vendors. They are trusted by us super-picky diamond people for good reason.

gb2510

Rough_Rock
Not a trust issue with your opinions. The local jeweler I’ve chosen to work with doesn’t work with customer supplied diamonds.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Not a trust issue with your opinions. The local jeweler I’ve chosen to work with doesn’t work with customer supplied diamonds.

Are you open to working with a different vendor? If not, why have you chosen this jeweler? The diamonds he is recommending are cut too deep and may have light leakage under the table.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you open to working with a different vendor? If not, why have you chosen this jeweler? The diamonds he is recommending are cut too deep and may have light leakage under the table.

Exactly. I worry about jewelers who are recommending stones like this, because they aren't in the specs we would typically recommend.

gb2510

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I feel the same way but it's a trusted person through a connection, and I really like the setting. They are very small operation (2 people) and work with a trusted supplier. I know I can get better diamonds, but for the average person do you think this will still look good based on the specs provided?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the replies. I feel the same way but it's a trusted person through a connection, and I really like the setting. They are very small operation (2 people) and work with a trusted supplier. I know I can get better diamonds, but for the average person do you think this will still look good based on the specs provided?

I feel like I can't really answer that question. We don't have any of the usual images we ask for (ASET/IS) to assess light performance, and the specs aren't recommended. So I honestly have no idea how it will look in person, but I know I don't recommend buying any of them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend of a friend deal usually don't end up with a good deal . :bigsmile:

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock

Those diamonds placed next to a well cut diamond (doesn't have to be super ideal H&A)... I do believe the average person would be able to tell the difference. If you want a diamond that is bright and sparkles, do not sacrifice cut. Your trusted jeweler either does not know what a well cut diamond is or maybe they do; either way they are no longer a trusted jeweler. IMO.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of these are stones we can recommend. The low-crown will show darkness when you look at it at a normal wearer viewing distance. All the others have poor angles and the wearer will find, over time, that the stone looks bad in various lighting. All of them have clouds on the table and additional clouds in the notes. On a SI1, that is often a kiss of death IMHO. Think of clouds as concentrations of tiny little crystals or imperfections held in the crystal of the diamond. Those crystals will scatter the light entering the diamond leading it to look...well...cloudy or hazy. That light that is scattered internally is also lost to the observer. So, the diamond looks dimmer.

If you must pursue one of these, the only one with angles in the ballpark is 6285736003. But, I would only accept looking at it in person if they did not require any money down and would let me reject it. The problem is that the stone needs to be carefully reviewed for impact from the clouds. Given that this jeweler recommended these 4 stones, I have a hard time seeing how they can properly guide you.

Are you the intended wearer? Can you post a picture of the setting? If we can find something close or the same, you'd have much better diamond options.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or we pick a PS vetted stone from virtual inventory (which any jeweler can buy) and you tell him that’s the one you want and how much you can buy it for without him. See if he’ll get it for you. The bad news with that method, is he will then charge you 4x extra for the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results