shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on anniversary ring

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have my heart set on getting an Octavia for our upcoming 10th anniversary in January 2020. A pricescope member (I forgot her name....sorry...) told me to contact Yoram which I did and I thankful for the introduction. He’s the best guy, so patient and very knowledgeable.

Please help me decide on how to set the Octavia:
1. Solitaire - simple, dainty 2 mm with invisible prong or claw prong.
2. Flank the Octavia with a vintage asscher on each side to make it a three-stone ring then have it sit flush next to a 5-stone vintage asscher.
3. Solitaire the Octavia then have it sit flush next to a 7-stone vintage asscher.

What do you think? Would you please help me decide? What would you do?

Any suggestions are very welcome...

Many many thanks...

-joelly

Reactions: AV_

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chiming in to say that Octavia cuts are unique, I would be hesitant to match it next to asschers, even vintage asschers. I think it would make for a muddled look. Sorry no real ideas for you here.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Solitaire, no other asschers around it

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask Yoram for some pictures.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
French cut halo? These are baguettes eith an Asscher but the idea is here.
046bb8069fd147d61188da42dca521fb.jpg

Wow this is great

Solitaire, no other asschers around it

This is what I have in mind also.

Chiming in to say that Octavia cuts are unique, I would be hesitant to match it next to asschers, even vintage asschers. I think it would make for a muddled look. Sorry no real ideas for you here.

That’s what I thought so too. A stone so unique I just don’t want to bother it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Solitaire to allow the Octavia to shine. It's a gorgeous cut and I definitely wouldn't want to muddle it with other cuts. IMO. I also love a tension setting for this stone. But perhaps that is too masculine a setting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Solitaire to allow the Octavia to shine. It's a gorgeous cut and I definitely wouldn't want to muddle it with other cuts. IMO. I also love a tension setting for this stone. But perhaps that is too masculine a setting.
Nooooo, that would be amazing!!!! Haha but I am very biased

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto... solitare or a sholdt half bezel.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The Octavia is all but a step cut round & very distinctive... - no reason to miss-match asschers www, IHMO.

Working with a diamond cutter allows things nothing else does: the French frames for two minute FVYs look so very nice next to the asscher bottom up (I'd go for this as shown...) - but the much smaller stones have a different look in their relatively heavy button settings than yours will (the same picture with the metal frames less than half their thickness).

Then, this comes to mind re. prongs & broad corner facets - www ... & r6981 too www - perhaps with a pair of these things for sides www ?

rambling

-

YF can read minds at times & it was rough www !

Last edited:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
The Octavia is all but a step cut round & very distinctive... - no reason to miss-match asschers www, IHMO.

Working with a diamond cutter allows things nothing else does: the French frames for two minute FVYs look so very nice next to the asscher bottom up (I'd go for this as shown...) - but the much smaller stones have a different look in their relatively heavy button settings than yours will (the same picture with the metal frames less than half their thickness).

Then, this comes to mind re. prongs & broad corner facets - www ... & r6981 too www - perhaps with a pair of these things for sides www ?

rambling

-

YF can read minds at times & it was rough www !

You’re right. This combo will be a miss-match. I see now that it will take away the thunder of Octavia.

I still need a diamond band (maybe a 5-stone) to accompany the Octavia solitaire. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks pricescopers. Love you all.

-joelly

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@joelly I would do longer baguettes E-W - perhaps even those crazy ones with rounded ends YF makes. Or his French cuts.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@joelly I would do longer baguettes E-W - perhaps even those crazy ones with rounded ends YF makes. Or his French cuts.

You mean for the diamond band? I meant to wear it together with the solitaire or separately sometimes.
Confused but also happy to finally getting an Octavia.

-joelly

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You mean for the diamond band? I meant to wear it together with the solitaire or separately sometimes.

Yes.

Quite a few long ovals appear in YF posts in OTT layouts www... I am not sure if he thought them for bands at all, but the possibility is there, I think.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Yes.

Quite a few long ovals appear in YF posts in OTT layouts www... I am not sure if he thought them for bands at all, but the possibility is there, I think.

This is very intriguing indeed. It’s an elongated cushions kind-of-cut. Lemme ask him. Thanks AV!!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suggest you get your Octavia then try on different bands with it before trying to decide what band to go with it.
You can even buy some "cheap" bands with different cuts to see how they look with the Octavia.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I suggest you get your Octavia then try on different bands with it before trying to decide what band to go with it.
You can even buy some "cheap" bands with different cuts to see how they look with the Octavia.

Hubby suggested the same thing. That’ll be the fun part he said trying on different bands with different stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is your best bet. The Octavia is so unique that you don't want to try to decide now without seeing it in person, imho.

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Any update on setting the Octavia???

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
It's a gorgeous stone. Looking forward to seeing whatever it is you do with it. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results