shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide! Diamond key pendant - more or fewer diamonds?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(that seems like a dumb Q for a diamond community)

So, my wife is a new realtor. She's turning 40 this summer, so I've been trying to think up what to get her. She's not really into jewelry, but does wear a fake diamond necklace from berricle almost every day. I thought it would be cute to get her one of those Tiffany key-heart necklaces with diamonds in yellow gold (it looks good with her skin) - but that doesn't exist. They only have white or rose gold in that style. I reached out to Whiteflash about a custom necklace and was quoted two prices - one for diamonds only on the heart, and one with diamonds all over the key. All diamonds would be ACAs, so I feel like this is an even more special gift than ordering a standard necklace from T&C.

So, thoughts on whether to go with more ACAs or fewer? The pendant won't be a blatant copy, I'll share the CAD when I'm that far along. Or, if you can think of another cute gift idea, I'm all ears (well, eyes....)! Thank you!

keyheart2.jpg keyheart.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a jeweler I was going to say diamond, diamonds, and more diamonds.

However, I agree with ceg, I really like it with diamonds only on the heart, especially in yellow. so the key will contrast with the diamonds in the heart and be more dazzling.

Wink

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the second as it shows off the key shape more elegant.
I also find it a more classy look as it beautifully balances the diamonds and the polished metal

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one with more diamonds.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another vote for diamonds only on the heart. Very pretty.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I'd never say that, but in this case:
Fewer diamonds

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one with the diamonds on the heart only for the reasons many already shared. Shows off the shape of the key best. What a lovely and thoughtful and clever gift for a new realtor. Love it.:love:
Happy 40th to your wife and congrats on her new career. Please come back with neck shots.:appl:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Agreeing with the crowd, for all the aforementioned reasons. Diamonds on heart only!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fewer diamonds for sure . What a sweet gift!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for all you input! I'm leaning towards fewer diamonds myself. YAY!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a most fabulous idea and a wonderful gift.
Like others, I’m surprised that I prefer the key with the LESS diamonds (am I really saying this).
Your wife will love this thoughtful and beautiful gift!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...what an excellent gift for a realtor...I prefer the fewer stones also!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one really accentuated the key shape. The diamonds on the heart only, for me.

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
Another vote for fewer diamonds! This will look awesome in YG!

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Fewer. That looks so timeless and classy!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As I was reading I thought for sure I was going to say, “All diamonds, all day!” But then I saw the pics and sure enough, the one with diamonds on the heart only stands out and looks much better. Learned something new about myself today. Don’t tell my husband. :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one is more pleasing to my eyes.

DK :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only in the heart!

aimeemom

Rough_Rock
Premium
I agree, the one with diamonds only on the heart! I had the all diamond tiffany version, in platinum, and i end up selling it....it was way too blingy for me, and it was way too dressy for everyday wear. I love the idea of the second one in yellow gold, that will be a truly versatile piece. Such a thoughtful gift too, shes a lucky lady!! =)2

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blasphemous but I agree with so many others in liking the one with the diamonds on the heart only!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds on heart only. The key shape is more elegant that way.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say diamonds n the hearnonly but I would have them add a couple burnished in diamonds on the part of the key that extends from the straight stem. It would kind of tie it all together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results