shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide between 2 stones!!!!

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
I'm very close to picking my perfect upgrade stone at Blue Nile.

I posted this earlier but I mixed up the HCA images. Here are the correct images with the correct diamonds.

My priorities are cut, carat, clarity and color. But I would have to say even more important than size is SPARKLE!

My budget is around 12K. My current diamond is 0.91 VS2 Triple Excellent H color. I have a 4.5 finger size. I am trying to choose between the following two.

1) A fellow PS pointed me to this stunning diamond which I put on hold (1.69 - H VS1): https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12944265
The HCA Report looks good and there is something about this diamond that speaks to me.

1603233527522.png

2) Here is another one I came across (1.62 - H VVS2): https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD14437662

1603170785383.png

I've requested an ASET on both but I'm leaning towards the 1.69 - something about it says its the one.

All your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I like the second one. The first one has a depth of 62.8% so you’re paying for weight that you won’t see. But if you love it then go for it :)

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think you should get the one that speaks to you.

avalovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert but logically-thinking, I would also go with @Eeveepenny and pick the 2nd one - because it seems to have a better measurements, and it is the same size 7.52mm face up so not really different plus a few extra $$ more you get better clarity.

But feelings is also important because at the end of the day, it's yours. I just wonder what that is like, how you can tell, what about it that speaks to you... I've never had that feeling with diamond shopping yet. :)

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert but logically-thinking, I would also go with @Eeveepenny and pick the 2nd one - because it seems to have a better measurements, and it is the same size 7.52mm face up so not really different plus a few extra $$ more you get better clarity.

But feelings is also important because at the end of the day, it's yours. I just wonder what that is like, how you can tell, what about it that speaks to you... I've never had that feeling with diamond shopping yet. :)

Lol - "how you can tell, what about it that speaks to you". I don't know actually it wowed me when I first saw it. But my main goal is sparkly bling...I'm leaning toward option 2!!!

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
I like the second one. The first one has a depth of 62.8% so you’re paying for weight that you won’t see. But if you love it then go for it :)

Good point!

avalovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Lol - "how you can tell, what about it that speaks to you". I don't know actually it wowed me when I first saw it. But my main goal is sparkly bling...I'm leaning toward option 2!!!

Hehe, I just thought maybe some detail about it... I actually picked a stone with a single crystal a little off-center the table, just coz I thought it looks like me (with a mole on one side of my face)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results