shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide! 1.9/H/S1/Excellent

HamPorter

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Hoping you could give me some feedback on this one. I've been doing my diligence on this side and elsewhere for the last couple weeks for a ~2 Carat/H/S1/Excellent - budget for stone was ~$20K. Jeweler forwarded me along this stone today.

Depth: 62.4%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35 degrees
Pavillion Angle: 40.8 degrees

HCA = 1.6 - Excellent

Per GIA Report:
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Clarify Characteristics Cloud, Twinning Wisp

Video - https://vimeo.com/181963750

Price: ~$17K

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated

_38167.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What does it say on the GIA report under "Comments"?

HamPorter

Rough_Rock
Comments: Additional twinning wisps, additional clouds and surface graining are not shown.

Also, if it is useful the setting with be a micro pave (~1.8mm).

HamPorter

Rough_Rock
Re: Help me decide! 1.9/H/SI1/Excellent

For the heck of it here are the other options at the moment (no videos or pictures yet). I should note that out of the 3 he came back and suggested the 1.90 stone. I still would love to hear comments if you all think differently.

Stone 2
2.05/H/SI1/Excellent - List price: ~$18K
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 55%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6

HCA = .8

Girdle:
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Fluorescence = Faint
Clarity Characteristics: Crystal, Feather, Pinpoint
Comments: Internal graining not shown. Surface graining is not shown

Stone 3
2.0/H/SI1/Excellent - List Price: $18K
Depth: 60.1%
Table: 60%
Crown Angle: 33
Pavilion Angle: 41

HCA = 1.4

Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Fluorescence = Faint
Clarity Characteristics (Assuming reason for dismissing???: Feather, Twinning Wisp, Crystal Knot, Cavity, Indented Natural
Clarity Comments: Additional twinning wisps, pinpoints and surface graining not shown

twoofive.jpg

twoh.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HamPorter|1473357222|4074405 said:
Comments: Additional twinning wisps, additional clouds and surface graining are not shown.

Also, if it is useful the setting with be a micro pave (~1.8mm).
There is always a concern in an Si with grade-setting inclusions (those listed first on keys to symbols) like twinning wisps and clouds, that light performance could be compromised. This is made more likely with comments such as those you listed. Stones like this can sometimes have a slightly 'sleepy' quality to them. That is, they may lack a crisp transparency. In the video there may be some slight evidence of this. It can be a subtle effect that might not be noticed except by an experienced eye.

It's always a good idea to get an independent expert opinion while you are within your return window.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the dimensions of the three, in mm?

Can you not get pics of the other two stones at all? Or you just don't have them yet?

The 1.9 to me (not an expert) in that pic and video looks like it could be a little hazy-ish.

It might be nice to see a video of it directly next to the second stone. Of note, I like a smaller table. They both have one, but I'd be curious how stone 1 performs compared to stone 2 (meaning if it stil looks hazy)

HamPorter

Rough_Rock
Hold the press! I've thrown a few more stones into the mix (some V1/VS2's) that are a little smaller. Question for you all though - how can I best judge diamond light performance without any IdealScope/ASET images. I've been rejecting based on HCA score, but don't want to get stuck with a poor performer. The jeweler uses "Sarine Profile" which does provide a "Sparkle Grade", but not sure how accurate/reliable that is. AHH so overwhelmed with information and choices. HELP!

For Ringo (incase one of these does turn out to measure up OK):

Stone 1: 7.87 - 7.90 x 4.92
Stone 2: 8.15 - 8.16 x 5.04mm
Stone 3: 8.12 - 8.16 x 4.90 mm

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you tied into that particular jeweller?

You have a healthy budget that can afford a superideal with that price.
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3265545.htm

Or close to superideal:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.82-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1925494 nice as VS2 clarity
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.82-carat-h-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1925505

those diamonds have very similar diameter to your first one as they have a lower depth percentage. My favourite is the ACA stone from WF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results