shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me compare these two diamonds

stalpa

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm new but I've been lurking for a long time and I thank you for this incredibly helpful community.
I've finally decided to propose to my girlfriend and I'm looking for a diamond in the 1ct range.
I've decided to buy from CBI and I'm sure all their diamonds are very nice, but not being able to see them in real life (I live abroad) I need help comparing two options and make sense of the various images/angles.

These are the two stones I'm considering:
1.01 H VVS2
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10624

1.13 I VS2

At this moment I don't want to consider price/color/clarity but only the more technical stuff (angles and images).
For example the Light Performance Map in the two grading reports is very different: in the "hearts" image the 1.01 border is all red, while the 1.13 is more greenish.
Also the angles are a slightly different and the first diamond has a larger table.

What do you think? Which one would you choose? Am I obsessing over nothing like I think?

Thank you very much

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It’s normal to have these kinds of questions when trying to pick out the perfect diamond. Having said that you can be sure they will both be incredible! The proportions are great on both stones and within the tightest parameters and the pavillion image on both stones exhibits how precisely they were cut with even hearts, no clefts, etc.

I found it helpful to read this article on the AGS report images. While it doesn’t anwer your question specifically it does explain why the computer generated ASET image doesn’t always look like the diamond in question.

I do see the difference you’re pointing out on the perimeters and I wonder if @Wink or @Winks_Elf could explain it here so we all understand. Otherwise I would reach out to Melissa or Wink through the HPD website and you come back and let us know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do I think? I think you are over-analyzing.

You can ask HPD to compare/contrast the stones. They may be able to tell you something.

I would go with the larger "I" colored stone (unless HPD told me something that would change my mind).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do I think? I think you are over-analyzing.

You can ask HPD to compare/contrast the stones. They may be able to tell you something.

I would go with the larger "I" colored stone (unless HPD told me something that would change my mind).

Same

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I think unless you are one of those people who have angles you really prefer (I know we have a few on here) that both of these in practice will look pretty similar and both will be lovely

I'd focus more on the color difference as that may well matter more in real life.

stalpa

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the inputs. I really was over-analyzing.

I've decided to go with the larger I2 stone, I'm already in touch with HP and they are helping me with everything.

I will post some pics and opinions when I receive the ring!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the inputs. I really was over-analyzing.

I've decided to go with the larger I2 stone, I'm already in touch with HP and they are helping me with everything.

I will post some pics and opinions when I receive the ring!

That’s great! You’re both going to love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results