shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me chose which halo for my 3.15 marquise!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My husband's response when I showed him the comparison photo of my diamond on the left, and the size it would be in the halo.... "What Super Bowl did you win? The Super Bowl of husbands I guess" LOL he thinks he is so funny. In any case, thought you would enjoy my foolishness. Amy and David get unlimited gold stars for patience in dealing with me.

halosize.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! A length over 23 mm 8-)
Well, it's good to take your time with Amy and David to weigh all the options to get it right (ie non scratchy, but also in proportion to your elegant hand) this time around.

I love that inspiration setting.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I saw this ring on 1stdibs and thought of you. The center stone has a similar size and elongated presence. I think even doing a single halo in a similar bezel set design like the inner halo of this ring could be spectacular. I also like the slightly larger stones east and west that could lead into the shank. What a fun stone!

_33510.jpg

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I would love to set east west but the stone is wider than my finger :( wah!

JulieKae

Rough_Rock
I really like 4 and 5, 4 is cleaner and 5 is more "vintage" feeling.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you must halo and go north - south, then #4 gets my vote. But (and forgive me if this was already mentioned) is going east/west out of the question? While I love your MQ, having it bump my knuckles would drive me bonkers! (first world diamond problems :lol: )

ETA - just saw your comment re:east/west.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, now I am all read up ... So are you reconsidering the halo altogether? What about a nice, thin bezel, and if you're looking for extra sparkle, adding it to the ring shoulders? That might help keep the N/S length reasonable?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am thinking a thinner bezel with small spaced out gypsy set stones and a 3mm band.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I meant to post a link along with the 3 carat center diamond picture I posted above. I love east west settings as well but in my post above I was actually referencing what appear to be slightly larger kite shape sapphires east/west or left/right of center versus the other trillion stones surrounding the ring. I thought that was a nice touch to this ring. At any rate, I can't wait to see what you do!

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/cocktail-rings/1920s-art-deco-sapphire-diamond-platinum-cocktail-ring/id-j_660602/

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1440291773|3917862 said:
I am thinking a thinner bezel with small spaced out gypsy set stones and a 3mm band.

I think that would be lovely!

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
Wow - your ring is going to be a stunner!!!! Just out of curiousity - are you going to sell your current setting?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sonyawp|1440429545|3918512 said:
Wow - your ring is going to be a stunner!!!! Just out of curiousity - are you going to sell your current setting?

Sonyawp are you interested in buying it? If so I can sell it to you otherwise I am going to trade and pay the difference. Let me know :)

Sonyawp

Rough_Rock
You have no idea how interested I am. :)

However, I don't have a diamond just yet so it might not be the best idea to get the setting first. But I just wondered because I definitely want to drool over the setting for a while so if it was going to be hanging around at JBG or somewhere - I was going to go visit. Lol.

Either way - it was stunning before and will be stunning when you finish. Love, love, love Marquise diamonds.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It will be with David Klass who made it and I doubt he will melt it down. I could tell him you are interested if you want. Just so you know, the setting would likely need a 4.5ish carat marquise 17.7x7.5mm...mine just happens to be a spread cut :razz:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
After lots of back and forth and beaucoups de patience on Amy and David's part, here is the final CAD that is being cast. Thought you all would like to see :)

28099__3_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1440795951|3920492 said:
After lots of back and forth and beaucoups de patience on Amy and David's part, here is the final CAD that is being cast. Thought you all would like to see :)

And you wanted so many melee? I thought you wanted da larger gap between pave. But I'm not saying its bad, just not what I expected ::)

Can't wait to see the end result.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yah we decided to bling it up :) since they are gypsy set it won't look as busy as prongs. Can't wait!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good, can't wait to see what it looks like.

I know you didn't ask for feedback, but what about making the bezel around the marquise slimmer? Looks thick, but maybe you want it that way. Just thinking if it were thinner the north-south length could be shortened a bit.

Can't wait for pics!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lol feedback always welcome! I asked about it and she said it was not as thick as it looks and will virtually disappear once they file it down. I am cool with the length now that it is under 22mm. At least I think.... we will see!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!

Awaiting the grand finale.....lol!! :sun:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realized you are resetting your lovely stone. Can't wait to see it!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lots of back and forth but here is the finished design that is going to be cast!

28099__4_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1441580920|3924447 said:
lots of back and forth but here is the finished design that is going to be cast!

Oh awesome. This is exactly the direction I thought you were going, so I'm glad to see this!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too...I think it's going to look cool! I'll be waiting for pictures!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes the wax mold of the previous cad was Victoria Beckham huge. Like total eclipse of the hand lol! I am really really excited about this!!!! Satin finish in yellow gold.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, this looks so right!! I cannot wait to see it finished! Every time I see your thread bumped up I get excited to see if you've posted the grand finale, lol.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
2 and 5 make me ridiculously happy! Those are gorgeous designs, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them!

Edit: See you have CADS, it looks wonderful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The CADs look great! Looking forward to seeing more of your new project sometime soon! :appl:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just because I know you are all curious, here was the wax mold of the previous design. Unwieldily. Amy's willingness to make changes never ceases to amaze me. I love that she is dedicated to making it exactly how I want it to be. I am *hoping* it should be made this week so maybe I will have it by the end of the week? Fingers crossed! And then brace yourself for crazy show and tell photos :dance:

20150901_083830.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Now thats perfect glad you went for the spaced diamonds not in the dark ages now

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results