shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose!

TinyRick

Rough_Rock
I have been researching for some time now but am still overwhelmed by all of the choices and parameters to be familiar with :wall: :boohoo: . My budget for the stone is less than 7k. Closer to 6 would be most ideal. I really like a particular Ritani setting so I have narrowed it down to Ritani and Whiteflash. These are the diamonds I am considering, any input would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3724045.htm#

https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/compare?builder=ring&diamonds=D-059SNQ,D-05J70N,D-0PVFNH,D-F0991F

Thank you for your help! I am open to others as well as long as they are close to the price range :think:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TinyRick,

Would you consider any of these stones instead?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3619317.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3461749.htm#

I would really suggest whiteflash in this case because in addition to offering 100% upgrade on the stone, they will also give you 50% for the setting, which is pretty unheard of in upgrade policies. If that's not material to you then you can disregard but in this case I think that offers you a lot of value.

TinyRick

Rough_Rock
Hi KB1, thank you for the response. I would prefer to use White Flash as well. The biggest thing that attracted me to using Ritani was it seems there prices are better, but from what I can see that is deceptive as well. The stones you posted are very different than what I have been searching for. Is moving up a grade in the cut worth dropping that much in color and clarity?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
TinyRick|1473796162|4075989 said:
Hi KB1, thank you for the response. I would prefer to use White Flash as well. The biggest thing that attracted me to using Ritani was it seems there prices are better, but from what I can see that is deceptive as well. The stones you posted are very different than what I have been searching for. Is moving up a grade in the cut worth dropping that much in color and clarity?

It can be. A superideal diamond will look larger than a poorer cut stone, and part of what you're paying for is experienced eyes who have already looked over the diamond and are assuring you that it is good (the best of the best, or close to it) that may not be important to you, but since you're making a substantial investment, it's worth considering.

Superideals tend to show whiter as well, so you may be able to drop down to I without an issue. Still, I posted an H to be safe.

Ritani's prices may be a little bit lower, but generally you're talking about a couple hundred dollars, in exchange for a much more generous upgrade policy and someone else doing the legwork on the stone quality.

Clarity is another issue - but there are MANY people here with eye-clean SI1 stones who have recognized the savings from not paying for clarity you can't see anyway. The one I posted has a crystal, and it's not visible in any of the photos that I could see. Whiteflash could tell you for sure, but white inclusions in a white stone are generally hard to see.

TinyRick

Rough_Rock
KB1 - thank you for all of your input. I have narrowed it down to 2 White Flash diamonds. Both are essentially the same size and price (1ct), and are the same clarity. The primary difference is color (H vs I) and cut (Expert vs ACA). Any input would be very helpful.

1 - Expert Selection H

es1.jpg

es2.jpg

es3.jpg

2 - Cut Above I

aca1.jpg

aca2.jpg

aca3.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would take the expert selection h.

I don't personally love I color and the expert selection stones are great. Same upgrade policy applies so I would take the higher color in this case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results