shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose!! ACA from WF or True Heart from JA??

Fiestababy

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I've heard so much great things about ACA from WF in this forum that I finally decided to take a look at their website. They have 1 diamond that fits all the specs I'm looking for and I'm hoping you guys can help me choose the better diamond of the 2.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.34-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1917065

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3642155.htm#

I initially had my mind set on the JA diamond until I looked into WF. Please help me find the better stone!!

Thanks!
Jason

edit: Also note that WF have a ring setting that I think will be perfect for my fiancee and is more affordable than the one i'm looking at on JA. This will help offset the cost difference.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm biased, I have ACA's . Both look beautiful. What is the price difference?
Edited to say I see you found a setting that will make it even. Go with WF, better customer service in the long run. I have purchased from both.

Fiestababy

Rough_Rock
AprilBaby|1470939478|4064839 said:
I'm biased, I have ACA's . Both look beautiful. What is the price difference?

JA total cost = $11,751.05

WF total cost = $12,610.97

Difference - ~$860

Not sure if the ACA WF diamond is worth the difference. I'm aware of the better upgrade option with WF but I don't think we'll utilize that service.

Thanks!

Q

Queenie60

I would go with the Whiteflash stone. The price difference is small over the many years she will be wearing it. And you won't regret the WF diamond, especially for an engagement ring. It will definitely have that "wow" factor that you want in an er. And you never know if you will exercise the upgrade policy - things change over time. Good luck and please post photos. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would go with the Whiteflash ACA. it is going to be a fabulous diamond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this instance, I too would pick the WF stone!! It's going to be a stunner for sure!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno, both diamonds have inclusions in the center. The JA stone looks not eye-clean to me with two inclusions center/near-center and one of them darkish colored. And, the WF stone also has something right in the center.

Any chance you can look a bit longer and find cleaner stones?

Or, perhaps both vendors have assured you to your satisfaction that the diamonds are eye-clean to your preference? (For me, I want eye-clean from 6" away top and sides, but your/other people's definition may vary.)

Fiestababy

Rough_Rock
marymm|1470948322|4064897 said:
Yanno, both diamonds have inclusions in the center. The JA stone looks not eye-clean to me with two inclusions center/near-center and one of them darkish colored. And, the WF stone also has something right in the center.

Any chance you can look a bit longer and find cleaner stones?

Or, perhaps both vendors have assured you to your satisfaction that the diamonds are eye-clean to your preference? (For me, I want eye-clean from 6" away top and sides, but your/other people's definition may vary.)

Hi Mary! Thank you for your suggestions and recommendations. I did reach out to both vendors. WF pulled out the diamond and inspected the diamond from both top and sides from 6" distance under normal office lighting. She reassured me that the diamond is eye clean. JA couldn't pull the diamond because it was somewhere else but also assured me that it's eye clean from 8"-10" distance.

How often does diamonds in my specs (1.3ct, ACA, G, VS2, $10k-$11k) with no inclusions in the center show up in the market? Not sure if it's common or rare to find such a diamond.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think both would be beautiful diamonds and probably not much between them visually. I would go with ACA mainly for the upgrade policy. Good luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results