shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a lab grown diamond please!

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for quite some time and have finally narrowed down my search for a lab grown diamond that will hopefully be perfect for my soon-to-be wife.

These are the characteristic minimums that interest us:

Carat 1.87-2.5 max. Minimum VVS2 clarity. Minimum F colour. Minimum Excellent cut. Ideal table 54 to 57%. Ideal depth 59 to 62.6%. Round.

Trying to keep our limit to 1,500 for the loose diamond alone (okay if we go over a bit if the diamond worth it of course)

Indifferent about CVD vs HPHT and other post-treatments.

Here are links to the diamonds I have narrowed down to:

Diamond 1: https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...utm_medium=stonealgo_organic&utm_campaign=lab

Diamond 2: https://www.stonealgo.com/diamond-details/IGI-number-LG597387735

Diamond 3: https://www.rockher.com/apps/diamon...onealgo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=stonealgo

Diamond 4: https://www.rockher.com/apps/diamon...onealgo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=stonealgo

I plan to purchase the loose diamond separately and then go into my local jewellery store to get it reappraised by a professional during the free return period and also have them provide a setting for our engagement ring.

Any help and feedback is greatly appreciated!

any separate suggestions are also welcome! Thank you all in advance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third one is the most promising of the bunch, but I do see some graining.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response Kim! I have been searching and have found others as well. It is so tough to narrow it down, if you have another other suggestions that I did not list I am also open to that.

I have been speaking to representatives, using HCA to narrow it down and also cutScore from stoneAlgo but I know that all of this is not enough which is why I am reaching out to some people who would know much more than myself!

I have found these suggestions and am trying to follow them as closely as possible:
  • Total depth between 59 – 61.8%.

• Table diameter between 53 – 58%.

• Crown angle between 34.3 – 35 degrees.

• Pavilion angle between 40.6 – 40.9 degrees.

• Lower girdle facet length between 75 - 80%.

• Girdle between 0.7% thin to slightly thick.

• Culet: GIA "none” or AGS "pointed” (same thing).

• Polish of AGS Ideal or GIA Excellent.

• Symmetry of AGS Ideal or GIA Excellent.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, rzimbakov!
What's your budget cap for just the loose diamond?

As far as proportions and angles, here are my recommendations.

Table width: 53 – 56%.
Crown angle: 34 – 35
Pavilion angle: 40.6 – 40.8
Lowers: 75 - 80%

[Edit]
Nevermind...I see that you stated a cap of about $1500.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Kim N need your eyes...
Here's a 2.5x in the E-F color VS1+ HPHT with the IGI Hearts and Arrows designation for under $1500.
40.7/35.3/56 combo
Thoughts?

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Kim N need your eyes...
Here's a 2.5x in the E-F color VS1+ HPHT with the IGI Hearts and Arrows designation for under $1500.
40.7/35.3/56 combo
Thoughts?

Thanks for the warm welcome! That is a beautiful ring, where did you find it? Oh I see the IG # I will look it up! Thank you!

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Kim N need your eyes...
40.7/35.3/56 combo
Thoughts?

It looks fantastic in this video. Great find!

Sorry I tried looking it up, I was unable to with the number found in the link, can someone please direct me I tried both GIA and IGI searches for
But was unable to find the diamond! Thanks in advance

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I tried looking it up, I was unable to with the number found in the link, can someone please direct me I tried both GIA and IGI searches for

But was unable to find the diamond! Thanks in advance

Let me know when you are on the forum and I will post the link...I don't want an anonymous lurker to snatch it away before you've had a chance to look everything over.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Yes I am! I am just preparing to tell you I am ready so when you send the link I can quickly compare all!

Thank you for your patience

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Yes I am! I am just preparing to tell you I am ready so when you send the link I can quickly compare all!

Thank you for your patience

Here you go! Ask to place it on hold/reserve ASAP

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Here you go! Ask to place it on hold/reserve ASAP

I have asked them via WhatsApp to do so, hopefully that is the best way

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
I absolutely will, you have no idea how grateful I am!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely will, you have no idea how grateful I am!

It's my pleasure and I hope this diamond turns out to be exactly what you've been desiring...looking forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions once you get it

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz I have sad news. My diamond was lost in the customs process, they are trying to send me a replacement but I don't believe I will go through with it. It is not as nice of a cut. You have so helpful before, I will now continue looking for one that meets my needs.

Here is the diamond that they recommended as replacement:

I'm very disappointed in this result, I was set on that diamond but on to the next one I suppose!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz I have sad news. My diamond was lost in the customs process, they are trying to send me a replacement but I don't believe I will go through with it. It is not as nice of a cut. You have so helpful before, I will now continue looking for one that meets my needs.

Here is the diamond that they recommended as replacement:

I'm very disappointed in this result, I was set on that diamond but on to the next one I suppose!

Did they send you two different options?
The diamond in the report is different than the diamond in the video.

Report number is LG602339427 for a 2.55 D VS1.

Diamond in the video bears video report number LG600380073 for a 2.55 E VVS2.

...not that it matters, because both have proportions and angles that I wouldn't recommend.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
Did they send you two different options?
The diamond in the report is different than the diamond in the video.

Report number is LG602339427 for a 2.55 D VS1.

Diamond in the video bears video report number LG600380073 for a 2.55 E VVS2.

...not that it matters, because both have proportions and angles that I wouldn't recommend.

I just forwarded what Susan from LGD had sent to me via email.
Strange that it is not referring to the same diamond, but thank you for pointing that out.

I might have found an alternative if you and @Kim N could be of any assistance.

This is the new diamond:

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just forwarded what Susan from LGD had sent to me via email.
Strange that it is not referring to the same diamond, but thank you for pointing that out.

I might have found an alternative if you and @Kim N could be of any assistance.

This is the new diamond:

It's a pretty good diamond, but it seems to be a downgrade in many respects from the one that was lost.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
See if any of these jump out at you and if LGD would be willing to work with you on price.
Maybe ask to see if they'll put 3-4 on hold so that they can verify availability with their supplier(s).

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to agree with you Kim! I have been hard at work trying to find suitable alternatives since sending this one. I have found some. Please let me know your opinion on these:
1:https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=598359449
2:https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=600353618
3:https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=559293799
4:https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=598373982

Thank you again for all your help!

None of them look amazing to my eyes. Take a look at this one.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz I have asked Susan from LGD if there is any wiggle room on the price as I see many of yours are within the 2000 range.

While I wait, I believe I have found another that might be worth a look if they are very concerned about the exact price.

@Kim N This does look like a wonderful diamond you sent. I am leaning more toward it being hearts and arrows for the symbolism but I do trust both of your eyes much more than my amateur skills haha.

Thank you to both of you once again for all your help!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz I have asked Susan from LGD if there is any wiggle room on the price as I see many of yours are within the 2000 range.

While I wait, I believe I have found another that might be worth a look if they are very concerned about the exact price.

@Kim N This does look like a wonderful diamond you sent. I am leaning more toward it being hearts and arrows for the symbolism but I do trust both of your eyes much more than my amateur skills haha.

Thank you to both of you once again for all your help!

This one you've just posted looks very good, better than the earlier set of four. It does look noticeably more tinted than the E that I posted, though.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
This one you've just posted looks very good, better than the earlier set of four. It does look noticeably more tinted than the E that I posted, though.

if the colour is the main concern on that one, here is another:

they would need to price match the one above though as it is an outrageous price on their website.

Edit: did not like the other I had sent. The inclusion was easily visible in the video

Last edited:

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock

Also Kim if it is not too much trouble, I would love your opinion on the ones that DejaWiz has sent as well!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also Kim if it is not too much trouble, I would love your opinion on the ones that DejaWiz has sent as well!

The Dreamstone seems not as precisely cut as some of the other options.

I like 7471723401 and 6471713426 from DejaWiz's list as well.

rzimbakov

Rough_Rock
The Dreamstone seems not as precisely cut as some of the other options.

I like 7471723401 and 6471713426 from DejaWiz's list as well.

Thanks for that! I will see what LGD says and get back to you both.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results