shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a 6 prong setting

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I can see why you wouldn't be totally happy with it. Feels like maybe some of the problems are due to your stone size vs the size they show In the images of the setting. But if they couldn't make it look like the images, they should have been clear about that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) prong size is too thick compared to what I have posted previously
2) offset of the diamond - prongs covering 4 out of 8 arrows. Should I request diamond reposition if I can so that prongs can cover only south and north arrows as the default website images?
Can WF do claws on this setting? I'd like thinner prongs. I wanna see more diamond than thick prongs.

You can request WF to reposition the arrows but it may cover the diamond inscription #s on its girdle.

Alisa

Rough_Rock
71B6D744-E95B-4460-A8B7-4E5426844CB8.jpeg BC0090F1-103D-4CB3-8D19-8F8815815F08.jpeg 52701C80-9406-4F08-BF31-24AB88445B2E.jpeg DE59331E-8ACE-48AE-A17B-1FF6378DBE54.jpeg Hi, I tried to take some more photos of my ring to help you out. The prongs on mine also look maybe a bit thicker than on the example photo you posted from whiteflash. However they look more delicate and claw like to me in person than they appear in the photos I’m posting. (My diamond is 1.47 and I wear size 4.5 for reference)

As far as the prongs covering some of the arrows - I really can’t tell by looking at my ring or taking an iPhone photo. I’m sure I thought about this when I first got it, but I don’t remember! All I see is sparkle when I look at it now!

Regarding that part of prongs on the side near the cutlet- this area on my ring is super tiny and not at all noticeable, I think it looks ok in your photos and similar on my ring? Interestingly, my ring does not have that hole on the bottom! I have never had a problem cleaning it- I use dawn and baby toothbrush or ultrasonic.

Hope this is helpful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
71B6D744-E95B-4460-A8B7-4E5426844CB8.jpeg BC0090F1-103D-4CB3-8D19-8F8815815F08.jpeg 52701C80-9406-4F08-BF31-24AB88445B2E.jpeg DE59331E-8ACE-48AE-A17B-1FF6378DBE54.jpeg Hi, I tried to take some more photos of my ring to help you out. The prongs on mine also look maybe a bit thicker than on the example photo you posted from whiteflash. However they look more delicate and claw like to me in person than they appear in the photos I’m posting. (My diamond is 1.47 and I wear size 4.5 for reference)

As far as the prongs covering some of the arrows - I really can’t tell by looking at my ring or taking an iPhone photo. I’m sure I thought about this when I first got it, but I don’t remember! All I see is sparkle when I look at it now!

Regarding that part of prongs on the side near the cutlet- this area on my ring is super tiny and not at all noticeable, I think it looks ok in your photos and similar on my ring? Interestingly, my ring does not have that hole on the bottom! I have never had a problem cleaning it- I use dawn and baby toothbrush or ultrasonic.

Hope this is helpful!
This is exactly what OPs ring should look like, IMHO. It's perfect!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prongs could be thinned out a bit, but those are the classic Tiffany tab prongs... The positioning of the diamond's arrows looks right to me - a smaller stone is going to have more covered than a larger one. I really think a lot of the dissimilarities to the other ring has to do with difference in diamond sizes. The rings will never look just alike unless the stones are closer in size.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks thicker and chunkier than the model. Also not as swoopy. Very puzzling. I hope they can fix it for you.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks thicker and chunkier than the model. Also not as swoopy. Very puzzling. I hope they can fix it for you.

I don't think you can get swoop just the same as a larger stone... the space just isn't there for wider curves, KWIM?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. But it's also the shoulders/shank that don't quite look the same as the model IMO.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@dr_chill ,
Just wanted to let you know that we are aware of your concerns and we will be taking a close look at the situation on Monday. You should hear back by end of day (tomorrow).
Thank you for your patience!

dr_chill

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the support and your opinions and @Alisa for providing those photos.

I was a bit too affected when I first saw the images, still I cannot accept this setting as it is right now. Too much difference to the original. I am glad I am not the only one seeing this.

I am well aware my stone size is 0.6carat, twice smaller than the example photos, but there is no disclaimer that I should be aware design might change with smaller diamonds. I wouldn’t have picked the Elegant design then, maybe I would have gone for four prongs.

I might agree on the diamond offset, something I didn’t take into consideration and probably something I would hardly see, but I would like to see the diamond with delicate claw prongs first.

@msop04 Classic Tiffany prongs are tab, but this is not a Classic Tiffany ring. I would understand if I get those images having picked Vatche U113 design , but this was not my choice. The Elegant prongs’ shoulders form a delicate upside down V letter towards the diamond face-up area ( /\ ) and have the claw finish , but I cannot see this here. Also the shank - I understand it won’t get the wide shank due to the diamond size, but the current doesn’t seem quite correct - like the diamond sits higher than the examples I provided.

Thank you, @Texas Leaguer ! Hope we can fix that, sorry if I sound harsh, I don’t mean it in any way. Of course those are just very close shots of the setting, but I would like to avoid sending it back and forth. Also please first notify me before taking any actions, I look forward to your replies.

Last edited:

BMI

Shiny_Rock
but the current doesn’t seem quite correct - like the diamond sits higher than the examples I provided.

I think it looks higher to you because the prong sides are more vertical and less spread out due to the size of your stone. It looks to me like your stone is on the minimum end of the recommended size range for this head. If they lower your stone in the head it will swoop out a bit more which might be more pleasing to you. Or using a head that is designed for a smaller stone could give you the look you want but I don't know if that is possible with this setting.

Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the support and your opinions and @Alisa for providing those photos.

I was a bit too affected when I first saw the images, still I cannot accept this setting as it is right now. Too much difference to the original. I am glad I am not the only one seeing this.

I am well aware my stone size is 0.6carat, twice smaller than the example photos, but there is no disclaimer that I should be aware design might change with smaller diamonds. I wouldn’t have picked the Elegant design then, maybe I would have gone for four prongs.

I might agree on the diamond offset, something I didn’t take into consideration and probably something I would hardly see, but I would like to see the diamond with delicate claw prongs first.

@msop04 Classic Tiffany prongs are tab, but this is not a Classic Tiffany ring. I would understand if I get those images having picked Vatche U113 design , but this was not my choice. The Elegant prongs’ shoulders form a delicate upside down V letter towards the diamond face-up area ( /\ ) and have the claw finish , but I cannot see this here. Also the shank - I understand it won’t get the wide shank due to the diamond size, but the current doesn’t seem quite correct - like the diamond sits higher than the examples I provided.

Thank you, @Texas Leaguer ! Hope we can fix that, sorry if I sound harsh, I don’t mean it in any way. Of course those are just very close shots of the setting, but I would like to avoid sending it back and forth. Also please first notify me before taking any actions, I look forward to your replies.
@dr_chill ,
We are going to build you a new ring. I agree with you that your ring does not look like what you reasonably imagined it would, through no fault of your own or lack of due dilligence!

While the prong tips would be an easy tune up (making them more delicate and claw-like), one of the design issues is the more vertical posture of the prongs on the smaller size stone. I believe we can fix that in the CAD design to allow the sub carat stones to have the same prong posture as the larger ones.

Please give us the rest of the week to get this done for you. If that timing is a problem let us know and we may take a different approach.

I am sorry for your inconvenience and your disappointment with the initial design. We appreciate your patience while we get this right. It may be that the new variation of the CAD will become a standard in our production of this style for sub-carat stones, thereby helping us to better serve others in the future.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
It may be that the new variation of the CAD will become a standard in our production of this style for sub-carat stones, thereby helping us to better serve others in the future.
I think this is an excellent plan!

dr_chill

Rough_Rock
@Texas Leaguer , sorry to disturb you over the weekend and that I am using the thread for such a notification, but can you please check my last e-mail (sent on Thursday).
I guess you are regularly visiting the forum and you will see this message.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Texas Leaguer , sorry to disturb you over the weekend and that I am using the thread for such a notification, but can you please check my last e-mail (sent on Thursday).
I guess you are regularly visiting the forum and you will see this message.
@dr_chill ,
Yes, I got your email on Thursday. Please see your email for response.
Thanks!

dr_chill

Rough_Rock
Despite my rant few weeks ago I feel that constructive criticism always has a positive impact or at least in the case of Whiteflash. That’s why I want to share the end of the drama with some pictures and brief explanation and I wanted to post here as soon as I get the ring in hands.

I stumbled across many threads here asking questions and advices on e-rings, diamonds etc. but in more than 50% of the cases once the purchase was made the author didn’t make the effort to post pictures and help others decide. So here - big thanks to the girls that shared their Elegant Tiffany images.

I want to thank Bryan ( @Texas Leaguer) for taking the matter personally and all Whiteflash consultants that helped me in the decision making process, especially Magen! Despite being in Eastern Europe and having to pay 23% VAT - Customs charges I feel that my experience with Whiteflash was amazing and I would definitely recommend them to friends. That extra price was well worth it! Even the mere fact that they didn’t have my country listed as shipping option they still agreed to send the ring and that decision for exception took only 30 minutes.

I talked so much for Whiteflash and their superb service , that I forgot to express my excitement when I opened the package - that diamond is BIG! It's HUGE. Trust me when I opened the box I thought there might be a mistake. And that e-ring is so gorgeous that I was on the edge of going home and proposing as soon as I enter. I am really happy I didn't go with anything above that carat, it's just perfect!

So here is how despite the first failed attempt my ring turned out. I think you can definitely notice the difference if you go back and check the first ring. Thank you Whiteflash for going that extra mile!

Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_side2.jpg Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_ttr2.jpg
Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_top-2.jpg Semi-Custom-Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_g.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg

Attachments

• Semi-Custom-Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_g.jpg
    Semi-Custom-Elegant-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-in-18k-White-Gold-by-Whiteflash_55545_49364_g.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image.png
    image.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.png
    image.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous. Congratulations! Please make a post on SMTB thread and also post in the Under 1ct Diamonds thread. Petite diamonds have such a beautiful aesthetic that deserves to be celebrated.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
It looks gorgeous! Congratulations!!:appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! The setting is perfect this time, totally wonderful!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dr. Chill for sharing your journey and all of the photos. Your ring is magnificent. I’m loving the delicate and graceful beauty of your setting: your persistence and constructive communication has paid off. Thank you to White Flash for having expectional customer service, OP you’ve been in good hands. Your beautiful diamond has a fantastic setting and looks terrific! Best wishes for a beautiful proposal.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful @dr_chill !! Congratulations!
I hope you come back with hand shots!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!! Can't wait to see hand shots!!

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Love the setting! The “new” version is % perfection! Beautiful ring!! She will love it!!

FWIW- I put my rings in a mrs.box (classic double) when I’m at work. I wear gloves all day and the constant on/off of gloves is so hard on prongs, even platinum. I looked into the necklace option but was nervous that the chain would get tangled in the cord that holds my loupes (special glasses worn during procedures) and create an issue. I do have a different work setting then the OR. My office there are 5 total people that work there and my private office is literally right next door to my two ops. Also my 10lb toy schnauzer comes with me and stays in my office with a baby gate at the office entrance. So, he’s like my ring’s guard dog. I realize that your future wife will not have this same setup, however I just thought I throw out this as an option to consider until she finds what will work for her☺️Here’s a link to the box: https://themrsbox.com/collections/classic-double

dr_chill

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words! I will post hand shots as soon as possible!
Tonight I showed the ring to my sister and she was so excited and took the ring out of the box, but by grabbing the head, touching the diamond with her fingers.

Although she washed her hands beforehand, I am a bit annoyed that she took it out of the box this way, didn't expect she is going to take it out. When I received it even I resisted the temptation to touch and inspect in order not to leave any stains. I know WF did a good cleaning before sending it and wanted to keep it that way.

I know it is a stupid question , but should I be worried that the diamond/setting might be stained by that few seconds finger touch, do I need to clean it or just don't overthink and allow my girlfriend to do the cleaning once she gets it. :)

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Just gorgeous! Whiteflash customer service really came through for you. Would you post the stats here, just color, carats. Beautiful ring.

A little oil from a hand on the diamond won’t harm anything. Just give it a gentle, thorough wipe with a lint fee cloth, and it’s ready to seal the deal.

dr_chill

Rough_Rock
@Ss52 , thank you for the suggestion.

Not really sure how would a lint free cloth translate to my native language and my understanding in general, but would that be microfibre or no? Maybe is it safe to use glasses cleaner cloth for example (without any liquids) - would that be lint free?

Sorry , just don’t want to make more harm. Probably I will leave it as it is. Anyway those won’t be the only fingers the diamond will feel. I imagine all her friends checking it out and even she when she gets it.

Diamond: Round, 0.607ct ACA, F, VS1
Ring: Elegant Tiffany setting in 18K White Gold with Palladium alloy (another request that I made and they were happy to do it with Palladium). No other modifications done.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results