shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Link for J/K color 1ct thread???

Did anyone happen to bookmark the link for the thread about examples of k colored diamonds? I know there was the thread but I can't find it anymore...

Any assistance will be appreciated!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
HI, @ShiningShimmeringSplendid welcome. Our search is having hiccups due to the upgrade but I can share my j pictures, only it is .85. The old cut is an I. The gold solitaire is J

20191005_131911.jpg 20191003_150409.jpg Screenshot_20191003-144555_Gallery.jpg

Pictures depend on your monitor, but from the top, it looks white (to me) but from the side, the slightest tint of color. It reminds me of diluted gingerale. My stone has strong fluorescence, so outside it looks very white, even blue-ish.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
side picture

Attachments

• 20191007_185529.jpg
    20191007_185529.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 56
Thank you for posting your rings @moneymeister ! Is your J in a two tone setting (white head and gold band)? ...or is it just my monitor?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting your rings @moneymeister ! Is your J in a two tone setting (white head and gold band)? ...or is it just my monitor?
Nice catch. It's the Ritani knife-edge yellow gold, but the head is either white gold or platinum. i dont see it listed on the website, but it's white something.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh, maybe I just searched wrong? This time the threads and search worked.

I think a J will be beautiful in any metal.

Off-topic, but I always use Google for my PS thread & image searches, and just precede whatever I am searching for with the word (no quotes) “pricescope".

I am hopeful the recent forum updates yield a better search engine/tool; if not, Google is great when I use it as described above. Also great because you can click the ‘images’ tab on Google and see just pics related to what you are searching for. For example, I wanted to see pricescope rings with bezels, and I get all the pics AND links! :dance:

0307BF59-DB58-4CCB-8025-484146BE93EC.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Off-topic, but I always use Google for my PS thread & image searches, and just precede whatever I am searching for with the word (no quotes) “pricescope".

I am hopeful the recent forum updates yield a better search engine/tool; if not, Google is great when I use it as described above. Also great because you can click the ‘images’ tab on Google and see just pics related to what you are searching for. For example, I wanted to see pricescope rings with bezels, and I get all the pics AND links! :dance:

Oh excellent tip! I think on-topic too.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also frequently use Google. For more effective searches here and elsewhere.....boolean operators.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to remember is you really cannot tell color by looking on a computer screen. Viewing it in person is the best and most accurate way to see your color preferences and of course within each color grade there is a range (high/med/low) so each individual stone even with the same color grade can vary.

And to add to the chorus I also do google searches vs PS searches. It is easier to find threads that way in many cases.

Here is my GIA J.

bubbalahandthesand.png

bubbalahandoceanandsky.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
One thing to remember is you really cannot tell color by looking on a computer screen. Viewing it in person is the best and most accurate way to see your color preferences and of course within each color grade there is a range (high/med/low) so each individual stone even with the same color grade can vary.

And to add to the chorus I also do google searches vs PS searches. It is easier to find threads that way in many cases.

Here is my GIA J.

bubbalahandthesand.png

bubbalahandoceanandsky.png

Hubba Hubba Missy, she's so beautiful!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it was addressed earlier but keep in mind top views of diamonds show the least amount of color. On super ideals and other well cut stones even the top views can appear very white because the cut is superb and you are getting edge to edge light performance thereby creating a great top view that may not be representative of a certain color grade per lab standards.

Color is graded from the side of the stone and is where you will see the tint, or at least majority of it.

Alas keep in mind looking at a diamond loose may have a slightly different effect than in a setting as some settings cover more of the pavilion (sides) of the stone and may not allow as large of an area to see tint; therefore, kind of hiding or masking the "severity" of it.

Huh, maybe I just searched wrong? This time the threads and search worked.

I think a J will be beautiful in any metal.
@moneymeister, no, I think the search indexing is completed because now when I searched using the exact same terms I was looking for before, it's working again and I'm not getting the errors that I was earlier.

Thank you for the tip @the_mother_thing ! That was the alternative I was hoping someone would suggest...I knew it was something like that but I couldn't remember how :wall:

I also frequently use Google. For more effective searches here and elsewhere.....boolean operators.

@sledge , I will remember it's boolean operators lol ...I was searching for wildcards...not the same thing:naughty:

@missy, your ring is gorgeous!!! Thank you for the example

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge , I will remember it's boolean operators lol ...I was searching for wildcards...not the same thing:naughty:

Haha, funny how certain names are memorable.

Unfortunately it works on many levels. My wife says Bangkok and my inner 15 year old takes over and I laugh each time.

These oddities is what makes life interesting, at least in my experience.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might add I'm impressed you know wild cards. Many programs have them. I still use it on windows search.

*.png or whatever your poison is for the win!

At work one of the wildcards is $whatevername and you can do full or partial strings.

I might add I'm impressed you know wild cards. Many programs have them. I still use it on windows search.

*.png or whatever your poison is for the win!

At work one of the wildcards is $whatevername and you can do full or partial strings.

I tend to use it more for search within word documents for search and replace of a range of characters/digits into the correct formatting and removing the odd paragraph marks/line breaks....I may or may not be a fiend for properly formatting documents....

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
18D1064C-BDFF-4831-A0CB-D63AC6A37192.jpeg

K
SF
Ex/Ex/Ex

Not perfect per PS ideal standards but I love it! This stone is a chameleon and changes all the time. There are times it shows fire, other times bright white and even blue. Of course at times I see some tint but due to SF, that’s few and far between.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18D1064C-BDFF-4831-A0CB-D63AC6A37192.jpeg

K
SF
Ex/Ex/Ex

Not perfect per PS ideal standards but I love it! This stone is a chameleon and changes all the time. There are times it shows fire, other times bright white and even blue. Of course at times I see some tint but due to SF, that’s few and far between.

Looks great. Thanks for sharing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results