shape
carat
color
clarity

Help interpreting ASET/idealscope images

wael1470

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I received the attached pictures for a diamond that I am interested in but I am not very confident interpreting the ASET and idealscope images myself. What's your assessment of the light performance based on these images and why (I'd like to improve my knowledge).
jkm1065507__1_.jpg
jkm1065507__5_.jpg
jkm1065507__4_.jpg
Thanks!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks really nice, there's one area of leak at 2:30 o'clock but really depends on price and what you're looking for. The crown angle maybe a little low? What are the specs of the diamond?

wael1470

Rough_Rock
I noticed the spot at 2.30, anything else I should worry about? The angle is 34.5 and the proportions in general seem near perfect. It has an ideal cut according to the AGS 2D, a HCA score of xxxvg and gets straight 1A's in the AGA tool. What about the center spot, is it too dark?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There's nothing to worry about the green circle in the middle. Green does indicate reduced light return but that is quite normal in diamonds and that circle is the table reflection. This circle is typically green in diamonds with pavilion < 40.7.

I think it's a great find. The leak is only in a small part of the diamond and probably not going to be noticeable in real life unless you are very eagle eyed and know exactly what you're looking for. Overall the diamond should be nice and bright. What is the table%?

wael1470

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your feedback gm89uk. To answer your question, the table is 58 and the pavilion is 40.8.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If it is GIA certificate then a pavilion of 40.7 would get rounded to 40.8. Looks like a great choice if the price is right

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results