shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I'm lost in the land of re-setting!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here it is. :) It's perfect - in every single way. I can't photograph diamonds for the life of me, but you get the general idea. Suffice to say, in real life, it sparkles like mad. It's also very comfortable to wear.

I think it's fab. :) And Victor Canera? Worth every penny.

20171003_102740_resized.jpg 20171003_102645_resized.jpg 20171003_104100_resized.jpg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow oh wow!!! Simply stunning!!!!!!! Victor totally nailed the proportions and that ring just flows together effortlessly. Congratulations! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!! Congratulations @mrs-b So happy that it worked out well with Victor and that you love your ring. It is so amazing, smooth, fluid, just wonderful. Can’t wait to see more pics.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - so glad that you love it!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you like how it looks from various angles?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are talons, not claws! Stunning!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love: Ahhhh I'm so happy for you @mrs-b !!!!! It's so beautiful, elegant, chic, smooth - everything about it is just *right*! We never say no to a zillion more pics!! :P2

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Glad it worked out as you wanted!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies! It was a pleasure to share this journey with you! Thank you for all your help. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I went back and forth and back and forth and was still a bit lost as to how to proceed...and then I saw...this:

Halo solitaire_a.jpg

It all got dead easy after that. I'm doing this with my new 3.4ct round. I love this halo! And I've never had one before. I'll be doing rhodium plating on the head, so that it's whitewhiteWHITE! And I want to do a satin brushed shank. The ring will have 4 double prongs, as per the photo, and I'll have a nice tilt angle on the halo to soften the overall look. I like the comfort fit band, but I *might* add a detailed milgrain edge to it. Not sure as yet.

So. Thoughts? I think it's just so clean and soft looking...but I could be wrong - so opinions are appreciated!

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I saw thisntimg on IG yesterday and I loved it! I think jay having a delicate halo for your new amazing ACA will be lovely! It will give you a nice size boost while still keeping the ACA center of attention. Also, I love baton finished YG, so I think that the shank will look lovely! DK has a great WG palladium mix that stays white white, so I might ask for that one for the head if I were you :) so exciting!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a great choice. The different color shank will really set off the center, and the halo is so softly delicate and pretty yet still packs a punch. I also love the thought of a satin finish on the band... it’s icing on the cake!

I know nothing about palladium and rhodium so I can’t comment on those aspects.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just a few more. :) I should probably be posting these in SMTB, so pls forgive me if exactly the same ones are posted there as well!

20171003_102528_resized.jpg 20171003_103129_resized.jpg 20171003_104219_resized.jpg

Gorgeous! i love the fact you used chilies lol

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow... that will be freakin' STUNNING, @mrs-b!! The contrast of the YG and white diamond/metal is soooo dreamy, soft, and feminine -- especially with a satin finish shank. Holy crap, I can't wait to see this ring!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!! That inspiration ring is stunning!! :love: Don’t you love it when it becomes smack ya up side of the head clear?! Will you have DK make it?
Edit: was typing when Simone aswered that question!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is an AMAZING idea and I love the unique tweaks you will be putting on it!!! :love::love: :appl::appl:I think you will be ecstatic!!! Isn't is funny how when you see something *perfect* you're just ready to pull the trigger? Interesting how our hesitation and minds work intertwined with doubt we may not think we have but do.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh!!!! I need to get on IG more often!! ...makes me feel good that he's doing my OEC setting. ;-) *wink wink*

Ah this is so exciting! I am very much looking forward to seeing your setting as well!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be beautiful no doubt! I hope you will have another type of stone to reset in it when you do your next upgrade though - too pretty a setting to waste!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi @msop04 @MissGotRocks @KKJohnson @Bonfire @ac117 @ILikeShiny -

Thanks, ladies! I feel very comfortable having DK do this, and I agree with you all that this will be a nice, delicate setting for my 3.4ct stone. I think this will take some weeks, as I only use the DKJ uber bench, and he's slow but meticulous.
I'll post photos when they arrive! Thank you for your support! :wavey:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I went back and forth and back and forth and was still a bit lost as to how to proceed...and then I saw...this:
It all got dead easy after that. I'm doing this with my new 3.4ct round. I love this halo! ...
So. Thoughts? I think it's just so clean and soft looking...but I could be wrong - so opinions are appreciated!

When you mentioned the 12-stone halo earlier on, I had started doodling, and made the backside into a modern simple construction I have loved since first seeing one at AoP - that is to say, exactly what you have chosen now !

Cartier had a similar object among their higher end engagement rings some years back, so I tried theirs & could attest that the the model feels great - there is a little playful movement of the ring, since its contact with the finger is exactly like a simple band's (no structure orients the ring head-up, but the weight of the stone tends to align the thing right nonetheless - like Humpty ,-) ), IHMO a happy play, not unlike the roll of the Trinity is !

2c

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're going to rhodium plate the head bs just doing platinum?

Are you doing a plain shank halo or exactly that design down to the keyhole gallery?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're going to rhodium plate the head bs just doing platinum?

Are you doing a plain shank halo or exactly that design down to the keyhole gallery?

Hi @Niel :wavey:

For the head, I'll do it in platinum for the weight, then rhodium plate for whiteness. I'm not a huge fan of the grey tone of platinum, so this should scratch that itch.

Re the gallery, to be honest, I cant quite make out what's going on down there in the photo, so I thought I'd just talk to DKJ about it. I have a meeting with Amy tomorrow and we'll go over all my projects. I'm hoping to receive my cluster pendant, and I might also be receiving a small solitaire I had made. We'll talk about the design for my new diamond and I'll nail a few things down.

If I really love this ring when it's made, I might not pull it apart and upgrade when I turn 60. My DH and I have been talking about a warm colored stone - M color range - in a very well cut round brilliant pattern - around the 6+ct mark, bezel set in rose gold, and that might be the path we ultimately take. But that will depend on how this one turns out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense. The detail in the gallery is a little keyhole. The overall gallery is a bit flat. It reminds me of a verragio setting. I do love a plain shank halo, tough.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Halo solitaire_a.jpg

It all got dead easy after that. I'm doing this with my new 3.4ct round. I love this halo! And I've never had one before. I'll be doing rhodium plating on the head, so that it's whitewhiteWHITE! And I want to do a satin brushed shank. The ring will have 4 double prongs, as per the photo, and I'll have a nice tilt angle on the halo to soften the overall look. I like the comfort fit band, but I *might* add a detailed milgrain edge to it. Not sure as yet.

I loved this ring when I saw it on DK's instagram the other day so I say, great choice! I also love the white head and YG shank and I am a fan of the satin finish. No one has addressed the milgrain edge. I'm not sure about that but if you do get that done they can always remove it so why not try? Please keep us posted.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense. The detail in the gallery is a little keyhole. The overall gallery is a bit flat. It reminds me of a verragio setting. I do love a plain shank halo, tough.

OH! That's a keyhole? I thought it was a shadow! Got it!

No - I won't be doing that sort of gallery. I'd actually like something finer and *perhaps* more detailed. I'm open to any suggestions, if you can think of something particularly elegant, and would appreciate the help!

ETA There will be no diamonds in the basket or the shanks. I don't like that much tizz on me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved this ring when I saw it on DK's instagram the other day so I say, great choice! I also love the white head and YG shank and I am a fan of the satin finish. No one has addressed the milgrain edge. I'm not sure about that but if you do get that done they can always remove it so why not try? Please keep us posted.

It's gorgeous, isn't it? :)

The milgrain is going to be a little surprise and will, I think, really tie it all together and give this ring a unique twist. Fingers crossed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results