shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I need to un-buy a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 1:04:11 PM
Author: icekid
Eeeeek... 3K sounds quite high for what I think is a cast, stock type of setting?? I know platinum is up, but still. 3K could get a nice mid-level type of designer ring.

Well, once you factor in the 7% sales tax, it''s more like $2800, but who''s counting? Platinum prices have gone through the roof. I calculated the rise in both gold and platinum to be 40% over the past 5 years, so I figured it''s a wash either way. I pretty much decided on the apparent advantages of platinum.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:07:03 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Do you think it is more beautiful that the one you had ordered before? Just curious.

I don''t remember too much about the other diamond, but i''ll be able to compare them both side by side tomorrow.

From my initial look at the WF diamond, though, it''s very very very very symmetric, the H&A patterns are perfect, and it''s an SI1 but I couldn''t see a single flaw underneath the H&A viewer.

I remember the local diamond had a flaw in one of the hearts, but that''s all I can remember right now.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:11:56 PM
Author: zaijian

Date: 4/1/2008 3:07:03 PM
Do you think it is more beautiful that the one you had ordered before? Just curious.

I don''t remember too much about the other diamond, but i''ll be able to compare them both side by side tomorrow.

From my initial look at the WF diamond, though, it''s very very very very symmetric, the H&A patterns are perfect, and it''s an SI1 but I couldn''t see a single flaw underneath the H&A viewer.

I remember the local diamond had a flaw in one of the hearts, but that''s all I can remember right now.
Does it *sparkle*? My own WF stone arrives tomorrow so I am being selfish in my line of questioning...
2.gif

DD

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:41:08 PM
Does it *sparkle*? My own WF stone arrives tomorrow so I am being selfish in my line of questioning...
2.gif

It does, but not as much as I would have thought, but that probably has to do with the crappy fluorescent lighting I have in my office. I''ll look at it in the bathroom when I get home, that should have great lighting.

Hope I don''t drop it in the sink.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 4:11:05 PM

Date: 4/1/2008 3:41:08 PM
2.gif

It does, but not as much as I would have thought, but that probably has to do with the crappy fluorescent lighting I have in my office. I''ll look at it in the bathroom when I get home, that should have great lighting.

Hope I don''t drop it in the sink.
Close the drain please.
2.gif

And sometimes we hear so much about these stones, we expect fireworks to shoot up as soon as we open the box. lol Wait until you get it in many lighting situations before judging too much. Bathroom lighting can be good, along with spot lighting in resturants/bars, elevators, very high set fluorescent lighting such as in grocery stores, Home Dept, and outside, etc.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Ok, got home, went into the kitchen, turned all the lights on, and played with my diamond on the kitchen table. DEFINITELY sparkles. Wish I had a decent camera!

Can''t wait to get it on the ring.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Walk away from the 6% only if you can''t convince her to give it back to her. Even after the eating 6% you''ll still end up spending less on the other, nicer stone than if you go with the first.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 7:20:10 PM
Ok, got home, went into the kitchen, turned all the lights on, and played with my diamond on the kitchen table. DEFINITELY sparkles. Wish I had a decent camera!

Can''t wait to get it on the ring.
36.gif

Just wait, it gets better.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I wouldn''t pay her more than $30-50 for the fee it costs to work with some vendors to pull in stones for you...all of this other stuff is BS and I would walk out of there and I wouldn''t buy the setting either.

-If the re-stocking fee wasn''t told to you or in writing when you first purchased the stone, then you aren''t obligated to pay it. 3 days is waaaay to short to view a diamond and decide whether to keep it or not. She is swindling you to not take a FULL return at 4 days. All of the hardship sob-stories she is telling you is unprofessional and totally unreasonable. None of it should matter since it''s her job to do those things for you. You don''t owe her anything because of it and you shouldn''t feel guilty about it.

-The setting price is slightly too high even in platinum, and frankly at this point I wouldn''t trust her to do anything for you. I would take my money elsewhere and purchase the setting somewhere else. Ingwer is a popular brand and many ps vendors could get a hold of the setting for you.

-If she still wants you to pay the 6% as a re-stocking fee I would threaten to report her to the BBB since she didn''t put this upfront in her terms!!! Arg, I''m upset just reading this thread at this woman!!!

zaijian

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s anything intentional or malicious on her part, rather I think it''s more naivety. She''s just not used to dealing with informed customers who expect an obscene level of quality and a modicum of customer service - her usual clientele probably consists of rich uninformed buyers whose only experience is limited to jewelry stores, and who are overwhelmed by her lower prices and are confounded by the internet.

Still, I''ll pay her higher prices right now just to have it all ready on time.

I''m definitely going to be a lot more savvy next time I buy expensive jewelry (but never another engagement ring!) :)

zaijian

Rough_Rock
1%@^!@#!%#!@!#$!@#$(O&$%$@

Everything was fine, the ring looked fine (even though I had read reports about shoddy Ingwer craftsmanship), I paid more than I wanted to, but was eager to put it all behind and get on with getting everything together.

Took it to Jared, where the tell me the MOUNTING IS THE WRONG EFFIN SIZE.

Got a 2nd opinion at Helzberg, same thing.

Now I''m going to take the ring back and demand a FULL REFUND.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 12:07:55 PM
1%@^!@#!%#!@!#$!@#$(O&$%$@

Everything was fine, the ring looked fine (even though I had read reports about shoddy Ingwer craftsmanship), I paid more than I wanted to, but was eager to put it all behind and get on with getting everything together.

Took it to Jared, where the tell me the MOUNTING IS THE WRONG EFFIN SIZE.

Got a 2nd opinion at Helzberg, same thing.

Now I''m going to take the ring back and demand a FULL REFUND.
Nothing I can say really, other than...

*hugs*

x x x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results