shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring RAGE (help me find a new ring asap)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
This follows the saga here.

Basically, my incompetent independent local jeweler got me the wrong size mounting, or her supplier did. Either way, I need a new mounting, and I need it asap. This pic of the one I currently have is attached.

I want something similar, but in stock (or at least can be gotten very quickly) at a reputable dealer, and that can get everything back to me by next friday. Tall order, I know. Whiteflash would probably be best, since that''s where I got the center stone.

I''m currently considering the WF Rhapsody, or this richard landi from GOG.

If anybody else can help me find something, that''d be very much appreciated!

ingwer_ple1040d.jpg

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!! I''d murder them! Yes please try WF and see what they can do. I''m in the process of ordering something custom right now and I can''t believe how fast they said they would be.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think your best bet would be to try whiteflash first. They have lots of nice, stock options. Plus they will assume responsibility for setting the stone. If worst comes to worst, you could consider a very inexpensive tiffany in gold and then let her select the setting after the proposal.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you had to go through that experience!

The GOG ring looks very similar to the picture you posted. I think the WF setting is also very nice.

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Going for that vintage look, I would seriously concider the WF Sarah''s Surprise:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Sarah-s-Surprise_1185.htm

It looks beautiful and has some of the elements that you are looking for. You are really being put through the ringer for this diamond! I am so sorry. Have you concidered putting the stone in a simple WF tiffany-style solitaire for the proposal and then let your sweetie take her time with a re-set?

Good Luck!

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Thanks all - I''m probably going to do the placeholder ring thing with a simple tiffany, and then pick out a ring with her, that is unless I can find something similar available today.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
oh no!! yeah, i''d murder, too! i know my fiance got my ring at jamesallen.com and had a really great experience with them, so they might also be worth looking into. their prices are also really good, and they''re fast. both of the ones you''ve found so far are lovely! best of luck to ya!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry you've had such a trial with this quest. Once the proposal is done and the ring is chosen and on her finger it will all fade away. Keep the faith!!

Oh, and you'd better get every penny back from that woman!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
The Richard Landi is very similar to the one you posted and is lovely but I worry about coordinating the shipping and setting in time. If that''s what you know she wants, I''d see if you can get that setting or do as others have recommended and have Helzberg set it in a Tiffany style solitaire for the proposal and let your sweetie choose her dream setting when things aren''t so rushed. Poor you! Just remember, it''s all in the name of luv.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
My incompetent independent local jeweler TELLS ME IT''S UNRETURNABLE because it''s been sized, yada yada yada, they won''t take returns. She won''t give me their number and let me talk to them directly.

Can someone find me a direct number for Leo Ingwer, I need to give them a piece of my mind.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I read your other thread, and I have to say: this is probably a blessing in disguise. From the sound of it, I wouldn't trust your local jeweler to make a peanut butter sandwich, let alone set a stone or take care of you if there were problems in the future; plus, the $3K for it was a bit steep, IMHO. Still, super annoying on top of even more annoying!

I think you can get an extremely beautiful either custom or lower-end designer setting for what you'd planned on spending for the setting, and perhaps your fiancee will be thrilled to be in on the setting choice, who knows :) Good luck!

ETA: I didn't see your above post. YIKES!! That so sucks... I'd be furious at this point.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
*Puts on Consumer Rights hat*

If you ordered a mount for a particular sized diamond, and the mount you have been given is the wrong size - then it is NOT unreturnable!!!

Anything you buy has to be fit for its purpose - and this ring mount is not fit for the purpose you bought it for (namely for setting a diamond of xxx carat weight).

You purchased the ring from your jeweller and it is HER responsibility to return it.

If you paid by credit card you should have some comeback through the card company.

I am sooo sorry you are going through all of this.

x x x

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard Landi would cost you upwards up 6K in platinum. So I'd try WF first. NEXT FRIDAY huh?

I would also call Pearlmans to see if they have anything IN STOCK that would work for you, they have lovely stuff. They can just send it to WF and WF can set it for you if you get your stone back to them ASAP. Otherwise I totally second the TEMP setting idea.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:18:36 PM
Author: zaijian
My incompetent independent local jeweler TELLS ME IT''S UNRETURNABLE because it''s been sized, yada yada yada, they won''t take returns. She won''t give me their number and let me talk to them directly.

Can someone find me a direct number for Leo Ingwer, I need to give them a piece of my mind.

If you have paid with a credit card, dispute it. ESPECIALLY if you have it in writing what she was SUPPOSED to get you. Let her deal with the CC company. It will teach her a lesson.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:25:31 PM
Author: Cleo
*Puts on Consumer Rights hat*

If you ordered a mount for a particular sized diamond, and the mount you have been given is the wrong size - then it is NOT unreturnable!!!

Anything you buy has to be fit for its purpose - and this ring mount is not fit for the purpose you bought it for (namely for setting a diamond of xxx carat weight).

You purchased the ring from your jeweller and it is HER responsibility to return it.

If you paid by credit card you should have some comeback through the card company.

I am sooo sorry you are going through all of this.

x x x
Ditto this point! She is steamrolling you, time to get mad... and it is time to get the stone set by WF into as simple solitaire and then let your lady pick a setting that she loves with you. It will be very romantic to do it together!

DD

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:40:43 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 4/2/2008 1:18:36 PM

If you have paid with a credit card, dispute it. ESPECIALLY if you have it in writing what she was SUPPOSED to get you. Let her deal with the CC company. It will teach her a lesson.
Excellent idea Gypsy! Boy oh boy, I''m glad you aren''t dealing with this woman ever again, she is a terrible business person.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If all else fails. SERIOUSLY bring suit against her in small claims court. If you have documentation that she ordered the wrong thing... SUE HER.

Not saying that as a lawyer... not a lawyer on this site.. just a consumer... and after reading this one, an enraged consumer on your behalf.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 1:42:39 PM
If all else fails. SERIOUSLY bring suit against her in small claims court. If you have documentation that she ordered the wrong thing... SUE HER.

Not saying that as a lawyer... not a lawyer on this site.. just a consumer... and after reading this one, an enraged consumer on your behalf.
Ditto again! And I am never a lawyer...

DD

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, great point about the CC, I forgot about that.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Report!

Managed to find a direct number for Leo Ingwer, called them up, and managed to explain to them the problem (even though they don't usually deal directly with the customers). They confirmed that the model I ordered should be able to fit the diamond I had. If there's a problem, most likely they somehow grabbed the wrong size ring.

Took it back to my jeweler, and we went together to her usual smith at a non-chain store to check it out, they said that it shouldn't be a problem, and that it'll be $40 and they'll have it done by next Tuesday. I originally had Jared and Helzberg take a look at it and they told me it was too small, so I'm hoping it's the case that they're just not as competent as the non-chain store.

This is all her fault in the first place, because she initially refused to let me use her smith when I told her I got a diamond from somewhere else.

Needless to say, even though things seem to have worked out, I will never do business with her again, and I will do my best to get people to not go through her. Not because she's a bad person, far from it, because she's a great person, but she's a horrible businessperson. She didn't tell me about the 3-day policy for the diamond (let alone even try to return it the 4th day), she wouldn't even consider returning an unused ring back to the factory, she kept insulting my choice of diamond (and by extension, my personal judgment). She touts herself as superior to a jewelry store, and she is on price, but in every other way relating to customer service, she completely fails.

Side note #1, I sent an email to Ingwer about it, and Todd Ingwer personally emailed me back and asked if he could help. That speaks well of their customer service.

Side note #2, apparently my price of $3100 after tax for the ring isn't too bad, as GOG quoted me $3240 (but I didn't mention I was a PS member, perhaps that would have shaved off a couple of points).

Side note #3, Celina Vargas of WF was very helpful and informative for helping me come up with solutions. I will definitely take my future business to them.

Thanks to everybody for their advice and support - I will post handshots as soon as I get them! (In a couple of weeks)

zaijian

Rough_Rock

I confirmed that she ordered the right thing, if anything is wrong then it would be that Ingwer sent the wrong ring.

And I think small claims court has a $500 limit? I''m a bit beyond that at the moment :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 2:56:29 PM

I confirmed that she ordered the right thing, if anything is wrong then it would be that Ingwer sent the wrong ring.

And I think small claims court has a $500 limit? I''m a bit beyond that at the moment :)
$5000 or $10000 in most states

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going there now.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results