shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I need to un-buy a diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
So, i''m in a bit of a pickle. I''ve been working with a local jeweler (a friend of a friend), who has helped me pick out a ring and a diamond - but this was unfortunately before I found pricescope.

Here''s the diamond she picked for me:
1.03ct G SI1
cert: EGL (israel?) #285302xxxx (cert notes "8 Hearts & Arrows" and "Tolkowsky Ideal Cut")
meas: 6.40-6.35x4.02
depth: 63.1%
table: 57.0%
Crown: 15%
Pavilion: 43%
HCA: 1.4

Price: $5850 + s&h + tax = $6273.36

It looked ok, but then again I had nothing to judge it against; I had no experience whatsoever. She kept reassuring me it was a good deal and that it was a fantabulous diamond. I looked in the H&A viewer, saw the arrows, saw the hearts, and that was good enough for me at that time.

Needless to say, after I asked around here, I found out that it wasn''t really all that great - especially when comparing prices! So I did my research, and found a nice diamond from WF:
1.060 I SI 1 ACA from Whiteflash
meas: 6.54-6.56x4.02
depth: 61.3%
table: 56.5%
crown: 34.7
pavilion: 40.6
HCA: 0.8 (ex/ex/ex/vg)

Pricescope price: $5287

I ordered it and it should be in tomorrow. While I have yet to see a perfectly cut diamond, based on everything i''ve read here, I have little doubt that the WF diamond will outshine the other.

The problem is, that my local diamond is no longer returnable - my jeweler is a bit of a go-getter, and went ahead and paid for the diamond in full even though I had only put down a meager 6% down on it. Then I informed her of my decision to go with another diamond 4 days after she had bought it, when the seller''s return policy is only 3 days.

So for now, it looks like either her or I are stuck with the diamond. I am confident that the WF diamond will be superior - but I can return it within 10 days, whereas I can''t return the other one (at least as far as I know).

Let me make it clear that I want to do what''s best for everybody here, and would like to maintain good relations with my jeweler - she''s a fine lady but a bit behind the times (not up with all the latest internet developments). It''s going to be interesting explaining how I found a much better diamond for a much better price.

At one point, while she was trying to sell me on the diamond, she mentioned that "I better buy it or she will!" which I could definitely use against her, but I don''t want to do that. I think she could sell it eventually, but right now she really needs the money she paid for it, because her finances are tight due to her husband dying suddenly a couple of weeks ago.

So what are my options here, for getting rid of the other diamond?

Here''s what I can think of so far:

1) I''m sure the original seller (some NY diamond broker) will take the diamond back, but at a reduced price (probably 70%). This may be my last option, as I''m trying not to waste money.

2) I can give her what she paid for the diamond with the stipulation that she does her best to sell it to someone else, and that when she does, or when she is financially more stable, that she pays me back.

3) Try and sell it myself? I''m more likely to waste my time and get seriously screwed here.

4) I hit egl international''s site, to try and look up the certification - and using the cert number and the carat weight, the system couldn''t find it. I even tried every possibility between 1.20 and 1.39 with no luck. I wonder if that means the cert is invalid somehow and that would be grounds for a return?

Does anybody have any suggestions? I''m meeting her tomorrow morning after I hit the Fedex station to pick up the WF diamond, so quick responses would be very appreciated! I''ll be up for a little while longer, and in the early AM.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I hear your pain! I just have one quick observation.. if her finances are so tight as you said - why did she up and pay for a stone in full before you had given her the cash?

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Options 1 and 3 might be the best. I would really really try to return diamond. Trying to sell it would be hard and I doubt you will get the money you paid for. Sorry no great earth-shattering advise here.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
She''s a "go-getter" personality - very headstrong and will go ahead and do things because she''s so sure. She works by referral only, and trusts her clients a lot. She''s a sweet gal and not really worried about non-paying customers. I''m probably her worst one yet :/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless you said order it, her fault, her problem, get your money back and be done with it.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness. I don't have any experience with this but I hope it works out for you and that someone with more expertise in this regard chimes in with some sagely advice.

I will say that for something as important as an engagement ring, a three day return period is pretty absurd. If you haven't even paid for the stone in full, and you haven't taken receipt of the diamond, how could that three-day period have begun??? I know she's presented you with a very sad story, but a legitimate jeweler should have a stable enough relationship with his or her vendor to be able to return the stone given your change of heart. I'm just not buying the whole notion that it's not returnable to her vendor, and I'm really not lovin' the mystery surrounding the missing cert. Sounds smelly to me and I don't think you should be stuck with ANY of HER problems. I would do everything I could to terminate this transaction before it goes any further. Please don't let her guilt you into this purchase
38.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely do not give her a loan.

This is/was business. If she has interest in keeping you a happy customer she should make this problem go away. As a customer you have an edge there.

Just tell her the truth and you want to return.

If she doesn''t than walk away from the 6%.

You won''t like looking at that stone everyday knowing what you know.

Perhaps offer to purchase another item you had your eye on? Put it on layaway.

If she is a good business person, she will understand and try to make you happy eventhough you are 1 day late on her policy.

Nothing personal but her stone isn''t as good as WF and tha''s that.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Some salient points:

1) she never told me about any return policy or examination period regarding the diamond.

2) After examining the diamond, I told her it looked ok, and that I would probably go with it. (I then spent the next 4 days studying on PS).

3) I also ordered the setting through her and it arrived this morning.

4) She claims to have a really good relationship with all her vendors, so I will try and have her prove it by seeing if they will take the diamond back.

5) She is a friend of a friend, and someone that I would like to keep as a friend, so I don''t want to have this go real sour.

cara

Ideal_Rock
If you only told her you would "probably" go for it, then it is her problem.

If you actually agreed to buy it, and there was no return period or policy mentioned as part of the agreement, then you should complete the transaction and deal with the fallout of your buyer''s remorse.

Hope the supplier can take back the stone or have her consign it (ie. pay her an additional fee to sell it to someone else, after you pay for the stone.)

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 12:53:49 AM
Author: zaijian
Some salient points:

1) she never told me about any return policy or examination period regarding the diamond.

2) After examining the diamond, I told her it looked ok, and that I would probably go with it. (I then spent the next 4 days studying on PS).

3) I also ordered the setting through her and it arrived this morning.

4) She claims to have a really good relationship with all her vendors, so I will try and have her prove it by seeing if they will take the diamond back.

5) She is a friend of a friend, and someone that I would like to keep as a friend, so I don''t want to have this go real sour.
Alright then, she''ll be making money on the sale of the setting and perhaps she can even set your WF stone for you. Would it be reasonable to ask her to let you compare the two stones when the WF stone arrives and let her accept your final decision then?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I will be honest with you - you are too nice! I used to be the same way and I got done over all the time. This is business, and we are talking A LOT of money! Don''t be suckered into buying this stone! She should not have ordered it in and paid for it without a firm deal.

It sounds like she uses this approach as a tool to sell her wares. She will be able to palm it off to some other unsuspecting buyer.

Walk away having lost your 6%, but you end up with a stunning stone from Whiteflash. If she is a business woman she will make some money selling you a setting. Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* sigh* I was worried about this happening when you first posted about this diamond, but I would choose to walk away from the deal whichever way you can with the least loss to yourself.

Splinter

Shiny_Rock
If the dealer ordered before receiving your full confirmation it''s her problem. I don''t really see that you should be left out of pocket for her over-eagerness. As has been said, she is still making a profit by selling you the setting. She will also be more easily able to rectify the mistake (through relationships with the suppliers, contacts within the industry, etc) than you will. If the diamond is as good as she says, then it should be easy for her to sell, right?

Viewing this as a business transaction doesn''t mean you can''t be a nice person. You can be perfectly civil and polite, but at the end of the day this was her mistake. If she is a professional she will take care of this.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear :) *hugs*

You have received some excellent advice here - and there seems to be no real reason why you should be left out of pocket, as far as I can see.

Do you have the first diamond already in your possession? If so, was it agreed that you were to have the diamond for appraisal, or was the jeweller under the impression that the sale was complete (pending your final payment).

I assume that you put down 6% as a ''deposit'' to hold, or reserve, the diamond and that you did not at any point agree to the purchase of the stone. If this is the case, then it is the jeweller who took the decision to purchase the stone, without any pre-agreed sale in place.

Even though you have paid a deposit, you are not obliged to complete the purchase of the stone if you have not given your assurance that you will.

You say that you have told the jeweller already that you no longer wish to buy this diamond. You haven''t mentioned what she said, so, what was her response to you?

I would say that as you have not paid for the diamond as yet, this does weigh heavily in your favour.

If I were you, and if the diamond is in your possession, I would return it immediately so that the jeweller can contact her supplier asap and try to arrange to return it to them. You can apologise for the inconvenience, and explain that there must have been some misunderstanding and that you did not actually agree to purchase the stone (you only said that you ''probably'' would). You can also let her know that if she is unable to return the diamond that you are willing to sacrifice your % deposit.

I am sure that she would prefer not to have to return the diamond (and therefore lose the sale) - but in this instance you really must stand up for yourself, no matter how nice the lady is. At the end of the day, this is YOUR hard earned money we are talking about and an engagement ring that YOU need to be delighted with. You should not accept either losing your money, nor having to settle for a lesser quality diamond. As far as the deposit goes, well, you''ll probably just have to chalk that down to experience.

I accept that she is a friend of a friend, but there is no reason to fall out over this. You can be polite, but firm. Remember, friend of a friend or not, this is still a business transaction and this is YOUR money and engagement ring at stake. As long as you are friendly and sympathetic, you should still be able to return the diamond with no loss of face or friendship.

x x x

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:33:28 AM
Author: honey22
I will be honest with you - you are too nice! I used to be the same way and I got done over all the time. This is business, and we are talking A LOT of money! Don''t be suckered into buying this stone! She should not have ordered it in and paid for it without a firm deal.

It sounds like she uses this approach as a tool to sell her wares. She will be able to palm it off to some other unsuspecting buyer.

Walk away having lost your 6%, but you end up with a stunning stone from Whiteflash. If she is a business woman she will make some money selling you a setting. Good luck!
DITTO!!! Eat the 6% and count it as part of the cost of your new diamond. Don''t be so *nice*...This is business for her and she wouldn''t be in it if she was such a sad sap as you make her out to be. You aren''t responsible for her financial decisions and since you haven''t given her all the money you can walk away. Heck, she should give you the 6% back, but if you won''t ask for YOUR money then just let her keep it.

I think she is blowing you a big old baloon full of hot air about the return policy and all that jazz. "If you don''t buy it I will"... these are stock jewelers lines. Doesn''t mean she isn''t a wondeful person, just means she is in sales! Just return the diamond, you didn''t hurt her puppy or anything so stop feeling guilty.

DD

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Just got off the phone with her, I convinced her to get on the phone with her supplier and see what she can work out. She still has the diamond, I never took ownership of it since I haven't paid her in full yet. But I did initial a receipt she had written up for me, so that's my mistake there.

She said that there will "probably" be a restocking fee of "$300, maybe even $350", but that doesn't really scare me as much as it seems she thinks it would.

So, optimal solution is that her supplier takes the diamond back for no-to-minimal fee, I pay off the rest of my ring and we go our merry ways, probably never to see each other again. She said, "I've never had a customer quite like you", and I don't think she meant that in a good way :/ I keep stating that I'll make sure she's well compensated for her time and effort, and that I will make sure she is not financially burdened in any way (yes, I am going above and beyond the call of duty here, and I have no problem with that), but she seems to take my rejection of her diamond personally. I think that's just a function of her personality.

Before this started going downhill, she was happy with me paying her the remaining $8k next week, but now she sounds like she wants me to pay off the ring ASAP and GTHO of her office. I'll also now have to find a jeweler who can mount the stone and get it back to me by next Friday.

To be fair, a lot of the blunders were made on my part as well
-not understanding the examination period / restocking policy (she has none, other than her supplier's, of which she never informed me), and therefore contacting her outside the supplier's 3-day examination period
-waiting until AFTER she had gotten the diamond in before I started researching
-too many overly-enthusiastic responses when I should have been very deliberate and cautious
-not having enough cash on hand to pay in a timely fashion(darn balance transfers take FOREVER)

When I didn't know anything, I needed her. I trusted her advice and knowledge, that should would be able to get me a great diamond at a fair price. And to her point of view, that's exactly what she did. The problem is, that because of PS and the wide range of knowledge one can get by putting in a few hours on the internet, she is obsolete once the customer knows anything. She's not internet savvy, she couldn't configure her spam filter to stop rejecting my emails with links in them, she's behind the times. Probably puts her on par with the local mall jewelry stores (except she does have nice prices in comparison) in terms of overall knowledge, but that's still light-years behind what you can find on PS.

She'll probably never do business with me again, but that's ok, as I really don't need her anymore. The only thing I'm really worried about is a bad reputation for me, my friend who referred me, and any future friends that he refers. But I guess I can just point them to PS :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 8:56:46 AM
Just got off the phone with her, I convinced her to get on the phone with her supplier and see what she can work out. She still has the diamond, I never took ownership of it since I haven''t paid her in full yet. But I did initial a receipt she had written up for me, so that''s my mistake there.

She said that there will ''probably'' be a restocking fee of ''$300, maybe even $350'', but that doesn''t really scare me as much as it seems she thinks it would.

So, optimal solution is that her supplier takes the diamond back for no-to-minimal fee, I pay off the rest of my ring and we go our merry ways, probably never to see each other again. She said, ''I''ve never had a customer quite like you'', and I don''t think she meant that in a good way :/ I keep stating that I''ll make sure she''s well compensated for her time and effort, and that I will make sure she is not financially burdened in any way (yes, I am going above and beyond the call of duty here, and I have no problem with that), but she seems to take my rejection of her diamond personally. I think that''s just a function of her personality.

Before this started going downhill, she was happy with me paying her the remaining $8k next week, but now she sounds like she wants me to pay off the ring ASAP and GTHO of her office. I''ll also now have to find a jeweler who can mount the stone and get it back to me by next Friday.

-not understanding the examination period / restocking policy (she has none, other than her supplier''s, of which she never informed me), and therefore contacting her outside the supplier''s 3-day examination period
-too many overly-enthusiastic responses when I should have been very deliberate and cautious
-not having enough cash on hand to pay in a timely fashion(darn balance transfers take FOREVER)

When I didn''t know anything, I needed her. I trusted her advice and knowledge, that should would be able to get me a great diamond at a fair price. And to her point of view, that''s exactly what she did. The problem is, that because of PS and the wide range of knowledge one can get by putting in a few hours on the internet, she is obsolete once the customer knows anything. She''s not internet savvy, she couldn''t configure her spam filter to stop rejecting my emails with links in them, she''s behind the times. Probably puts her on par with the local mall jewelry stores (except she does have nice prices in comparison) in terms of overall knowledge, but that''s still light-years behind what you can find on PS.

She''ll probably never do business with me again, but that''s ok, as I really don''t need her anymore. The only thing I''m really worried about is a bad reputation for me, my friend who referred me, and any future friends that he refers. But I guess I can just point them to PS :)
I hope it all works out in your financial favor. From my perspective, none of the issues you listed as being your "blunders" make you at all responsibile for her business practices or for giving her $8000. Don''t feel guilty.

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
You really are being way too nice... have you forgotten that you have already paid that deposit? So regardless of whether or not you buy, she''s making 350 bucks in PURE profit? Why are you offering to pay another 350 on top of that? (which I guarantee will just go into her pocket too at this point). Don''t lose sight of that initial deposit you paid....

I fully understand the niceness thing, I''m the same way...but if you can that ''easily'' throw away 700 bucks, why were you limiting yourself to a 1 carat stone? ;-)

I would agree with everyone else here about it being fishy that the cert isn''t registering and the return period is THAT small for a b2b buy. That''s pretty insane and a little scary.

I''d walk away, the woman just made over 350 bucks in pure profit, she''ll be alright

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
just walk away. tell her you arent comfortable buying the stone under the circumstances. no re-stocking fee. you werent told of any terms in advance.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 8:56:46 AM
Just got off the phone with her, I convinced her to get on the phone with her supplier and see what she can work out. She still has the diamond, I never took ownership of it since I haven''t paid her in full yet. But I did initial a receipt she had written up for me, so that''s my mistake there.

She said that there will ''probably'' be a restocking fee of ''$300, maybe even $350'', but that doesn''t really scare me as much as it seems she thinks it would.

So, optimal solution is that her supplier takes the diamond back for no-to-minimal fee, I pay off the rest of my ring and we go our merry ways, probably never to see each other again. She said, ''I''ve never had a customer quite like you'', and I don''t think she meant that in a good way :/ I keep stating that I''ll make sure she''s well compensated for her time and effort, and that I will make sure she is not financially burdened in any way (yes, I am going above and beyond the call of duty here, and I have no problem with that), but she seems to take my rejection of her diamond personally. I think that''s just a function of her personality.

Before this started going downhill, she was happy with me paying her the remaining $8k next week, but now she sounds like she wants me to pay off the ring ASAP and GTHO of her office. I''ll also now have to find a jeweler who can mount the stone and get it back to me by next Friday.

-not understanding the examination period / restocking policy (she has none, other than her supplier''s, of which she never informed me), and therefore contacting her outside the supplier''s 3-day examination period

When I didn''t know anything, I needed her. I trusted her advice and knowledge, that should would be able to get me a great diamond at a fair price. And to her point of view, that''s exactly what she did. The problem is, that because of PS and the wide range of knowledge one can get by putting in a few hours on the internet, she is obsolete once the customer knows anything. She''s not internet savvy, she couldn''t configure her spam filter to stop rejecting my emails with links in them, she''s behind the times. Probably puts her on par with the local mall jewelry stores (except she does have nice prices in comparison) in terms of overall knowledge, but that''s still light-years behind what you can find on PS.

She''ll probably never do business with me again, but that''s ok, as I really don''t need her anymore. The only thing I''m really worried about is a bad reputation for me, my friend who referred me, and any future friends that he refers. But I guess I can just point them to PS :)
Honestly, I think you''re giving her less credit than she deserves - I would hazard a guess from the sounds of it that (I''m sorry) but she has you hook, line and sinker..
She''s got you feeling sorry for her, feeling guilty for nothing that was truely your fault, and offering to over compensate her when there''s absolutely no need for this.
She may not be internet savvy, but it sounds like it to me that she is definately sales savvy! You mentioned she''s been in business for awhile - these jewellers that insist on not getting with the times and bamboozling unsuspecting consumers with these old lines like "if you don''t buy it i will"....sheesh...
20.gif

Sorry i totally feel for your circumstance and I am not being critical of you, i just feel the overwhelming response here has been consistent, and there''s no need for you to be drawn in any longer. You know better now, thanks to PS
1.gif

I hope you can have it resolved quickly and painlessly - if what it takes is that you have to go elsewhere from now on, so be it - from the sounds of her sudden change in attitude and comments toward you. she really doesn''t value your patronage too much anyway.
Good luck, pls keep ur informed!
5.gif

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 10:03:21 AM
Author: Freakazoid
You really are being way too nice... have you forgotten that you have already paid that deposit? So regardless of whether or not you buy, she''s making 350 bucks in PURE profit? Why are you offering to pay another 350 on top of that? (which I guarantee will just go into her pocket too at this point). Don''t lose sight of that initial deposit you paid....

Don''t worry, my $365 deposit will go towards whatever restocking fee there is.

I fully understand the niceness thing, I''m the same way...but if you can that ''easily'' throw away 700 bucks, why were you limiting yourself to a 1 carat stone? ;-)

What''s sad is, that after all is said and done i''m looking at a $400 savings. But I''m getting a superior diamond that I feel very confident in, with a great lifetime upgrade policy.

I would agree with everyone else here about it being fishy that the cert isn''t registering and the return period is THAT small for a b2b buy. That''s pretty insane and a little scary.

I beginning to wonder if she is more of a go-between for the customer and the vendor. Sure, she gets reseller pricing and charges markedly less than a mall jewelry store, but she offers none of the services that you would expect from an actual, final-point-of-sale kind of business. It seems to me as if the vendors see her in the context of a repeat customer rather than in a true b2b relationship.

zaijian

Rough_Rock
The more I think about it, the less inclined I am to give her anything for the restock fee.

She said the diamond supplier she dealt with has a 3-day examination/return policy.

I checked all the chains in my area, as well as the online places that PSers go to, and here''s their unconditional return periods:
Helzberg, 60 days
Jared, 30 days
James Free, 30 days
Ashcroft & Oak, 30 days

USA Certed Diamonds, 7 days
ERD, 14 days
Union Diamond, 30 days
Pearlman''s Jewelers, 30 days
Knox Jewelers, 90 days
Dimend Scaasi, 30 days
Tiffany, 30 days
James Allen, 30 days
Blue Nile, 30 days
White Flash, 10 days

Where the heck does she get off telling me that her supplier''s return policy is 3 days, and on top of that, not implementing her own return policy in the first place? I contact her 4 days after seeing the diamond (which is 5 days after she received it, and 6 days after I put down a deposit) and tell her that I don''t want it. She tells me that she can''t return it, she''s already paid the supplier in full, and that I have to buy it.

I''m beginning to sincerely doubt that there''s a 3-day return policy with her supplier, as that seems to be way below industry standards. Since I contacted her within 4 days of seeing it / 5 days after her receiving it, and she''s only just now calling them about it (8 days after her receiving it), I believe I should be fully protected from having to pay any fee other than perhaps S&H.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 11:27:28 AM
The more I think about it, the less inclined I am to give her anything for the restock fee.

She said the diamond supplier she dealt with has a 3-day examination/return policy.

I checked all the chains in my area, as well as the online places that PSers go to, and here''s their unconditional return periods:
I''m glad you''re starting to get a little angry! I was reading through this thread and thinking nooooooooooo, you''re being WAY TOO NICE. I think this lady is not being quite honest with you re: restocking/return. And if she has such ridiculous policies in the first place, you need to be made aware. It always breaks my heart a little when people find pricescope after already making a mistake, but I think this can still work out for you fortunately. Don''t let the jeweler be the only one with a say in this situation; be strong!
1.gif

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your support and advice, I just got off the phone with her.

It sounds like she didn't call her diamond broker, she's just going off what they've told her a couple months ago, and that is, 3 day return policy and that's it. I told her she should stop using them because I'm getting better diamonds cheaper and with a reasonable return policy. So she's going to keep the diamond (and therefore no restocking fee), because she still believes highly in it, but she's not going to charge me for it, she'll just take ownership of it until she sells it. She seemed to think that I thought it was a horrible diamond and that I thought she was lying about it, but I reassured her that it's undoubtedly a good diamond, but it wasn't perfect like the ACAs - I just told her flat out that I had found a somewhat better diamond for cheaper and I had to do it.

She then tacked on an arbitrary fee that I didn't quite follow the source of but it had to do with her cutting me a package deal on the ring and diamond. On a side note, is $3000 for this Leo Ingwer setting a fair deal?

Then she came up with a number that was lower than what I was prepared to pay, so I went ahead and tacked on another $90 to help keep things amicable. (I know, I know, I'm being too nice to her). I did give her a piece of my mind though, regarding customer service policies (she keeps trumpeting the fact that she can undercut the stores, but it also means she has none of the amenities), and reasonable return policies (stop using that damned supplier).

Anyways, I'll pay out and pick up the ring tomorrow. I'll post pics if I can, before I get it mounted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 12:13:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 4/1/2008 12:09:36 PM

On a side note, is $3000 for this Leo Ingwer setting a fair deal?

is that whitegold or plat?

just saw in your other thread that the setting is platinum. honestly, the price is high to me for what it is but the rising plat. prices that could have something to do with it. if you are buying local that will explain some of the mark up as well. i noticed on the like they say the suggested retail price is 5K. no way that setting is worth 5K IMO, but 3K is an ok price. since you''re in a hurry though you really don''t have time to pursue anything else at this point right?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 12:43:08 PM

just saw in your other thread that the setting is platinum. honestly, the price is high to me for what it is but the rising plat. prices that could have something to do with it. if you are buying local that will explain some of the mark up as well. i noticed on the like they say the suggested retail price is 5K. no way that setting is worth 5K IMO, but 3K is an ok price. since you''re in a hurry though you really don''t have time to pursue anything else at this point right?
Eeeeek... 3K sounds quite high for what I think is a cast, stock type of setting?? I know platinum is up, but still. 3K could get a nice mid-level type of designer ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 1:04:11 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 4/1/2008 12:43:08 PM

Eeeeek... 3K sounds quite high for what I think is a cast, stock type of setting?? I know platinum is up, but still. 3K could get a nice mid-level type of designer ring.

true, but i think he''s under a time crunch and he''s not going to have the time pursue those options
40.gif

zaijian

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 1:26:14 PM
true, but i think he''s under a time crunch and he''s not going to have the time pursue those options
40.gif
Yah, it''s my fault for thinking I could get everything taken care of in under a month. :)

Ah well, I''m prepared to face the consequences. I have the stone now, I''ll have the mounting tomorrow, and i''m calling around about setting it and most places seem to be able to get it done in under a week.

If I can find a good camera, I''ll post pics, but unfortunately my girlfriend is the one with a nice camera.

So far I gotta say I like it, and WF''s little care package is pretty nifty.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 3:02:54 PM

Date: 4/1/2008 1:26:14 PM
40.gif
Yah, it''s my fault for thinking I could get everything taken care of in under a month. :)

Ah well, I''m prepared to face the consequences. I have the stone now, I''ll have the mounting tomorrow, and i''m calling around about setting it and most places seem to be able to get it done in under a week.

If I can find a good camera, I''ll post pics, but unfortunately my girlfriend is the one with a nice camera.

So far I gotta say I like it, and WF''s little care package is pretty nifty.
Do you think it is more beautiful that the one you had ordered before? Just curious.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results