shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!! I broke my diamond!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you should just keep the temporary setting
emwink.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,looks like you found a beauty.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its great! I guess it''s growing on you?

laney

Brilliant_Rock
a little..
2.gif

The longer I spend with it, the better...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow those pictures are just amazing Laney.

I hope you learn to love this one.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
For a replacement, you couldn''t have done better!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
An upgrade out of an unfortunate incident, I say it is a silver lining! Are you going to set it exactly the same way or make a change to accomodate the new look from it being bigger?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH LANEY!!! I LOVE IT!
30.gif

You done good, girl! REEEEAL good!
31.gif

Lynn

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you must be blinded with love by now!
10.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Great replacement!! I can''t imagine how stressful it was to go through all of that, but in the end it really seems to have worked itself out!!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, yes, it does seem to have worked itself out. I didn't realize how much I was attached to the first stone though..
8.gif

But the new one is doing well so far
2.gif

I will put the new stone back into my setting. However, I will send it back to Tacori as the stone is bigger - and won't fit into the current head.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Laney! I am so happy that this unfortunate event had a beautiful and huge ending. The new stone looks absolutely fabulous!!
30.gif
10.gif

I hope you wear this one safely and enjoy the new beauty! I can''t wait to see how it looks in your Tacori! It looks so huge!!! Did they say how long it will take for the diamond to get set?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, congratulations! The replacement stone is awesome! Isn''t it wonderful that you were able to get a bigger stone? There are some people that will never trade their original stone in for sentimental reasons - sounds like you might have been one of those. However, with the unfortunate turn of events, you had no choice. The silver lining to the cloud is that you got a bigger stone and it really is stunning. Because of the size difference, you really aren''t comparing apples to apples so therefore the stones will always look different. Better in some respects, maybe not as good in others. We all know too that if you could have gotten the same size, same color, same stats, same everything they still would look different in some way. That''s the nature of the beast . . . dealing with something made in nature and not by man.

I think it is just beautiful and just as you loved the first stone, you will come to love this stone as well. Sounds like you and hubby put alot of time and thought into the choice. In that respect, it develops a story all its own.

You take wonderful pictures - wish I could get some that good! Let us know how long you anticipate the resetting to take - I''m sure you must be anxious to get it!

jamie1963

Rough_Rock
I''m just a lurker, but your original engagement ring size was BEAUTIFUL!!! It looked gorgeous on your hand. If you''re not IN LOVE with the 2 ct...don''t get it. I think sometimes there is such a pressure here (Priscope) to get THE biggest stone with sacrificing some clarity and color. I understand you do that (I did that), but to me the 1.5 ct was perfect for your hand and finger!!! You wouldn''t be asking these questions if you weren''t sure...and I think your original e-ring was beautiful!!! Diamond shrinkage will STILL set in with a 2 ct...even if you don''t love it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The new stone looks wonderful--I am sure it will be devine in your original mount!

cheers--Sharon

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yummy! I would be wearing it around the house too!

Vegas

Rough_Rock
Laney, I am so sorry!!!

Your ring is the reason that I myself received a Rosebud! My fiance saw your ring on Pscope and thought it was the most gorgeous ring he had ever seen, and so he copied you, haha. My center stone is smaller than yours, but you were his inspiration for the Tacori Rosebud!

I am terribly sorry, but I am glad that you have calmed down somewhat. Keep your head up and know that all will be okay!

(((HUGS TO LANEY)))

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Laney, did you send it to Tacori. I noticed one person said that if your not totally happy, don''t get the larger stone, and get a 1.50 with better specs, not really sure why they posted that. Are you happy with the 2.00 in the Tacori setting. The website for Tacori for the Rosebud setting recommends the 1.00 to 1.50, it didn''t recommend up to 2.00 for the Rosebud, do you think the 2.00 will overpower the matching band. I''m not sure because i never tried on 2.00 with my ring. I would just double double check to make sure you like how big it is with that setting that''s all. Don''t get me wrong, 2.00 is great, but mabye that Koala setting looks better with a 2.00, you know i had that one too. Actually the Koala in my opinion looks better with 1.50 to 2.00
because of the thickness in the ering and wring. You could always buy the thicker Tacori matching band if you felt the 2.00 overpowered the wring. Expensive however to do that.
Anyway, listening and learning here I think it''s almost better to go down in size to get the best cut,clarity, etc.. so it sparkles more, but not seeing yours i don''t know. I just saw the SI and I knew that i didn''t want to go to that clarity for the Tacori setting , also remember all the diamonds in the Tacori are VS1 I believe.
You might have sent it out and decided, I just wanted to add this just in case.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you Laney.
36.gif
I know you were attached to your original stone, but you will become attached to this one with time too. I hope Tacori is able to adjust your setting to fit the new stone. Keep us posted.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the setting was sent back to Tacori this week to get it made for the larger stone. Actually - hubby thought stone looked smaller in the setting - once I started wearing the wedding band - and the new stone will look better. Diamond shrinkage for hubby - that''s got to be a first! Tacori said no problem with re-sizing the head and it''s only a very small fee.

Thank you all for the kind words.

I have been wearing the new stone (in an old platinum solitare setting) for the last two weeks and the stone has definately grown on me - and we''re keeping it. My first "reaction" post was just that - a first reaction to switching to this stone. I can''t see the color any longer and it''s just as sparkely. However -it''s sparkely in different ways and different times than my old stone.

I still have to wait a week or so for my setting to get back so that I''ll finally have my rings back.. so I''ll post pics then. .. .. waiting..waiting...
3.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hey laney!

yay! the waiting is what will get ya! I had tacori switch out the rosebud head on mine way back when when i upgraded from the 1.07 to 1.5 and you would not have known anything was changed, it was exactly the same looking. also fwiw I think the H will look great in your setting! ive never had an F to compare to, but right now in my rosebud I have a 1.52 H and its next to 2 .33 F or G side stones (whatever Tacori uses) which being larger than the standard rosebud side stones I was concerned from the side there would be a color difference between the two and my center but nothing. they all look the same. and the H looks great.

im glad you are starting to love your stone. i bet once you get it in the setting and see how gorgeous and huge and sparkly it is you wont even recall how the other (smaller) stone looked!

2.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hey punchnpie

Thanks - I your message to me before regarding the head switch was comforting. I get worried when I read about Tacori trouble, but hopefully the head change is routine enough that there won''t be any issues.

I did play around with the stone in the setting before I sent it - with all the platinum and stones - it looked completely fine. It''s nice to know that you''ve seen the H color too - and think it''s fine. I have to keep telling myself that absolutely no one looks at that stuff but me.. and I think I''ll like the new proportion of the 2ct stone.
31.gif

waiting...waiting.. ::drumming fingers on desk ::

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s how I''m wearing it now.. with the Tacori band and a platinum solitare setting...

picwithtacoriband.jpg

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Actually - today I''m wearing it with what my husband calls my "Stunt Double" - which is a channel set CZ ring from banana republic (lol!) I got this when I was considering which bands I liked. I wear it - my Tacori setting 3 sided ring scratches the platinum (not really.. but it feels like it) - so I wear this too..

picwithstuntdoublenry.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow....that really is some stone!
18.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
lol!

It''s because the picture is gigantic! Wouldn''t it be nice if that was "actual size"?
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it practically covers your whole finger!!
23.gif

very nice
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
laney,
i''m really love your new stone. it''s going to look fabulous in your tacori setting. looks pretty good with you cz band too
3.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh laney, it''s a gorgeous stone and looks beautiful on your hand--even in the temp setting!! I''m so glad you''re finally getting accustomed to it and I''m sure you''ll grow to love it even more once it''s in the Tacori setting. Congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring in the temp setting with your Tacori band, it looks great! Love that solitaire eternity look. Sometimes I wish I could go more simple like that, I''d be tempted to get the next upgrade in a solitaire for a while just for fun. Ideas Ideas! I love that you get to wear a different style for a while as you wait!

What size ring finger again? It looks monstrous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results