shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for MissyDebby: This sapphire from Gemfix?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm having my midlife crisis and Leon is my Ferrari! THIS IS TOO FUNNY!

I'm gonna be the first to admit this, but I'm insane. I wasn't even in the market, and just decided to check out some prices and got reeled back in.

OMG - I thought it was just me. I can't stop looking either!

So, I'll live thru your project, what stones are you salivating over now? I wanna drool some more! LOL

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet said:
missydebby said:
OK, my good people of colored stones. Here's what I've narrowed things down if I go for this style ring and I need your direction.

This Leon Mege:

Leon%20Mege%20green%20garnet%203%20stone,%20cf.jpg

If I don't go for the painfully expensive option of a greenish/yellow or chameleon diamond which do you think is better and why?
1.30 ish green oval Chrysoberyl with .40-.50 AVround side stones
1.30 ish oval Tsavorite garnet with a .40 -.50 AVround side stones

The Leon pictured above is my ring. To give you an idea of dimensions, the center stone is about an 8x6 oval and the side stones are about 4x3 ovals. The ring is size 7 1/4.

Kismet!!!! Wow, so beautiful. Thanks for chiming in. I just found your threads for this and it's just stunning. I didn't even realize it was a demantoid, and I just started looking at those, except in round. Question: how do you feel like the demantoid wears? I'd be careful, but I'd pretty much be wearing this on a daily basis. But I'd love your opinion.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OK Folks.... what's your opinion on this?
I have all of these stones on hold:

Sidestones would be: .28 H August Vintage Rounds (4 x 2)
28%20H%20AVC%20$787,%20cf.jpg

And this stone is from Gemline: a .59 round demantoid garnet (5 x 3)
59%20Russian%20Demantoid,%20cf.jpg

In a version of this ring:
Leon%20Mege%20green%20garnet%203%20stone,%20cf.jpg

Does anyone have any photoshopping skills

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful inspiration ring MissDebby, I adore that ring.

The demantoid will be firey but I'd imagine a lighter shade than Kismet's stone.

Togive you an idea what 1mm difference in size looks like here's a photo of 2 garnets (4.6mm, 4.7mm) and a lavender spinel (5.5mm).

IMG_1168 (800x600).jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A demantoid falls into the green garnet family so it should always be worn with care (not an everyday wear stone). Also, depending on the size and colour, it is usually more expensive than tsavorites. Demantoids also usually shift to a more olive colour indoors (but not all do this). The yellowish green demantoids also tend to show more fire than those with a straight green hue.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't wear a demantoid every day as it's one of the softer garnets.

With those stone dimensions your ring would be more straight across than curvy.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems said:
Beautiful inspiration ring MissDebby, I adore that ring.

The demantoid will be firey but I'd imagine a lighter shade than Kismet's stone.

Togive you an idea what 1mm difference in size looks like here's a photo of 2 garnets (4.6mm, 4.7mm) and a lavender spinel (5.5mm).

Thanks so much! I think they are too similar in size for me. This really helped! :wavey:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet said:

Thanks so much Kismet... really needed tho hear that. I'm gonna go in a different direction than demantoid, I think. Thanks again :))

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
missydebby said:
Kismet said:

Thanks so much Kismet... really needed tho hear that. I'm gonna go in a different direction than demantoid, I think. Thanks again :))

You're welcome MissDebby. Demantoid garnets are beautiful, you can always buy it for another project. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results