shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a vintage curb link bracelet?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for either a vintage or antique curb link bracelet, prefer 14kt or above, to use as part of a project.

I was hoping to spend under $500 and so far I've only found really one option that I like.

I plan on essentially dismantling a ring I have and making it into a bracelet similar to another one I have. I have tried to sell the ring without any luck and so I was going to convert it into basically the same concept as the picture below, because I will wear that. Yellow or white gold is fine, but it's probably going to end up being yellow with the age I'm looking for.

I'm including a picture of the completed piece that I have for reference, but I'm looking for a chunkier link. Not something thin or fine.

image_3c0becda-fadb-46c4-8851-49be540cf03f_1296x.jpg

Any ideas? Tia!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a lot of Victorian curb link bracelets that are nice and chunky, but none with those grooves. Does it have to have that texturing?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I see a lot of Victorian curb link bracelets that are nice and chunky, but none with those grooves. Does it have to have that texturing?

No, it does not. If you see any, if you wouldn't mind posting links I would be grateful! I searched for curb, muff chain, and all kinds of other options and I didn't really get much in my budget. I have some flexibility on price too, it was more aspirational.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
This is the ring I want to make the decorative center on the bracelet. Probably set east-west . IMG_20200614_114110.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the ring I want to make the decorative center on the bracelet. Probably set east-west . IMG_20200614_114110.jpg

Pretty! I'll let you know when I come across them. What length do you need?

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Antique chains are hot right now and going well over gold weight for them. I’ve been looking, you best bet is eBay or pawn shop

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat how do you like this one? It’s a little over budget, but everything else around $500 is 9K gold.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you aren't in a hurry, I would keep an eye on this site and/or reach out and let him know what you're looking for. The bracelet pictured sold for $425 11.4 grams, 14k, 6mm.

I actually know him because he used to come into a pawn shop I would frequent when I had an Etsy store to buy stuff for his store. Nice guy.

IMG_8773.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elizat how do you like this one? It’s a little over budget, but everything else around $500 is 9K gold.

This one is a potential! I like the clasp as well.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts on this one?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you aren't in a hurry, I would keep an eye on this site and/or reach out and let him know what you're looking for. The bracelet pictured sold for $425 11.4 grams, 14k, 6mm.

I actually know him because he used to come into a pawn shop I would frequent when I had an Etsy store to buy stuff for his store. Nice guy.

IMG_8773.jpg

That is a good lead- thanks!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if you are still looking for one but I found this one;

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I do have two curb link bracelets in yellow gold. But I think that a gold vintage watch band would be more style appropriate and these two are in white gold. Depending on your wrist size either of these could work. For me, with a larger wrist, they don’t quite fit so are just sitting. C8FB41F1-BEC1-49F8-8832-E714DDA3151E.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I do have two curb link bracelets in yellow gold. But I think that a gold vintage watch band would be more style appropriate and these two are in white gold. Depending on your wrist size either of these could work. For me, with a larger wrist, they don’t quite fit so are just sitting.

^^ Very cool idea!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results