carat
color
clarity

Help Finding a Sparkly Stackable Wedding Band

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how I’ll usually wear it, stacked between my wedding band and e-ring:
597187B9-D263-4377-882B-BB1B5BBCD8B3.jpeg BA1D0438-8E7B-4E55-836C-29B290985E6B.jpeg F5A09C69-861F-4207-90D3-E9177EB83031.jpeg
Please excuse the ginormous table reflection in the second pic. LOL!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My LOGR band arrived yesterday and I’m very happy with it! Here are a few pics. Please excuse my horrible office lighting and equally horrible photography skills! :lol:

Hanging out on my lil elephant ring holder:
A896493B-1D93-44C0-8FCC-5DE4ECE4689B.jpeg 2D16F592-FB80-4CC1-AAB8-72C0D4B21E3C.jpeg

Hand shots:
835CE580-5EC5-443B-9220-9D015F08D26F.jpeg CCD4495A-C283-4B7E-BED5-C4870B32AFDB.jpeg

The diamonds are bright and white. No quality issues with them whatsoever! The bezels all look to be very secure and the milgraining looks nice. I was worried about the thickness of the band, but I shouldn’t have been. It’s nice and thin. Perfect for stacking! :))

Omg love. Gorgeous bands. You’re combining my favorite things in life. Bling and animals. :love:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg love. Gorgeous bands. You’re combining my favorite things in life. Bling and animals. :love:

So THAT'S why we get along so well! Those are my favorite things in life, too! :mrgreen2:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
In actuality, a half size isn't that big of a deal when the band is worn below the e-ring. In fact, sometimes these inexpensive bands are lower in height than the e-ring shank, and it looks better for them to be a little larger to sit at the same height. I have rings size 5.5, 5.75, and 6 that I wear on my left ring finger. So I do think it would be less trouble to size it at a 6, personally, but since I have not seen those rings in person or tried them on with your ring, I can't say for sure.
@diamondseeker2006 then maybe I will order it at 5.5 and then have sizing beads added for my left hand. My engagement ring size is 4.75 - do you think that’s too big of a difference?

My LOGR band arrived yesterday and I’m very happy with it! Here are a few pics. Please excuse my horrible office lighting and equally horrible photography skills! :lol:

Hanging out on my lil elephant ring holder:
A896493B-1D93-44C0-8FCC-5DE4ECE4689B.jpeg 2D16F592-FB80-4CC1-AAB8-72C0D4B21E3C.jpeg

Hand shots:
835CE580-5EC5-443B-9220-9D015F08D26F.jpeg CCD4495A-C283-4B7E-BED5-C4870B32AFDB.jpeg

The diamonds are bright and white. No quality issues with them whatsoever! The bezels all look to be very secure and the milgraining looks nice. I was worried about the thickness of the band, but I shouldn’t have been. It’s nice and thin. Perfect for stacking! :))
The new band looks perfect with your set !!! @Irishgrrrl

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW all bands in my stack are varying sizes. I wear a 3.75 but the bands are 4.25- 5.5 stacking requires more leeway. :)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be a downer here but I tried to have all my stackers fit left and right ring fingers and it was a fail for me. My left finger is a 6.25 -6.5 and my left is a 7. My rings would spin horribly on the left and were too tight when stacked on the right. I now decide which hand a ring will be for when I purchase it. I have paid a lot for resizing, beads, etc. :(2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the e-ring somewhat loose at 4.75? Because it needs a little room to add multiple bands. So if it is the right size WITH bands, then I'd probably want a 5 for the band. If they don't sell quarter sizes, that then rules out 5.25. I'm not sure about going with a 5.5. I would do as ceg says, order for the hand you plan to wear it on. And honestly, I might not order anything until you decide on your permanent setting. Then get a really nice one. Do you have any wedding bands now that you can wear with this ring for the time being?

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 yes the most rational choice is to wait until I have an idea for a permanent setting, but I probably won’t reset for another year. I also might switch to platinum so it’s hard to get something that would work with my two toned YG ring and later on with platinum. The new setting will likely be more intricate and vintage inspired.

I’m actually super pregnant (due within the next week!) and my new ring, which I had made into a size 5, fits perfectly. My original set was 4.75 and also fit perfectly. I should just wait until a couple of months after the baby comes and see what size my fingers will be then (some people say that sometimes your fingers don’t return to their original size!!!).

I don’t have any other bands- I lost my wedding band along with my original e-ring but I stupidly did not insure it.

@ceg and @Resonance.Of.Life
It sounds like YMMV with stacking. Maybe I’ll wait until I can go to a jewelry store and try on some stackers in different sizes along with my ring.

I guess I’ll just keep window shopping until then!

The ring just looks so lonely without a band, and it feels weird not to wear it with a band after 9 years of wearing a set every single day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, well, you are about to be so busy that about the last thing you will be thinking about is a wedding band! Although, with a new baby, I'd prefer to be wearing one if I went out! It would be great if you could just find something really cheap for the time being, even a plain gold band! I'll look around quick.

Please come back and announce the arrival of your baby!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/531944021/thin-2-mm-wide-wheat-pattern-hand

https://www.etsy.com/listing/518131068/thin-art-deco-flower-style-engraved?ref=shop_home_active_40

Lots of others from the seller above.

This is really pretty, I think! Comes in 2mm, 2.5mm, and 3mm. Saving some of these ideas for myself!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/534350...d wedding band yellow gold&ref=sr_gallery-1-2

There are just tons of bands on Etsy. I seriously wouldn't buy a diamond band now, but plain or engraved would look good with your current ring, and there are many at $300 and under!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/190482... wedding band yellow gold&ref=sr_gallery-1-22

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 those are some really good finds! I’ll add them to my ever expanding list of options. I started reading some online reviews of LOGR and Seller of Jewels and they are definitely mixed especially when it comes to durability of pave. Your recos would be a safer bet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think it is important to go for quality in diamond pieces. I have held back on buying any new ones since I don't even have my own stone in it's final setting yet!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 those are some really good finds! I’ll add them to my ever expanding list of options. I started reading some online reviews of LOGR and Seller of Jewels and they are definitely mixed especially when it comes to durability of pave. Your recos would be a safer bet.

Their pave can be hit or miss. I have a morganite ring from LOGR and I did lose one pave stone, which my local jeweler was easily able to replace. He checked the rest of the stones when he did that and said everything looked fine. I feel like that’s just a risk you take with a pave setting, especially if it’s a ring that you’ll be wearing often. Pave is a bit high-maintenance and needs to be babied! LOL!

As far as the quality of their bezel settings like the band I recently got, I’ve heard nothing one way or the other. Mine looks pretty secure, but I do plan to insure it just in case. :))

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Their pave can be hit or miss. I have a morganite ring from LOGR and I did lose one pave stone, which my local jeweler was easily able to replace. He checked the rest of the stones when he did that and said everything looked fine. I feel like that’s just a risk you take with a pave setting, especially if it’s a ring that you’ll be wearing often. Pave is a bit high-maintenance and needs to be babied! LOL!

As far as the quality of their bezel settings like the band I recently got, I’ve heard nothing one way or the other. Mine looks pretty secure, but I do plan to insure it just in case. :))
@Irishgrrrl Your band is gorgeous and I think that a bezel setting would hold up much better! The ones that I was looking at are prong set for the most part.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m reviving this thread because I ended up taking advantage of the James Allen Mother’s Day sale and ordered a couple of bands. Which one do you prefer? One is a milgrain bezeled round eternity band and the other is a 9 stone shared prong band (.5 ctw) The nine stone is a lot sparklier but the bezel band has more of a vintage feel.
9D390D07-93C4-4FDE-9A02-6631A5AAE0ED.jpeg 17645BB1-7075-4279-8E19-ED35241DA7C8.jpeg 21E97B4A-1259-43F9-A5D4-01A03D1ACE22.jpeg 24B744B6-E6DA-458E-A7C4-9C51C5894F8E.jpeg

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One more photo with the bezel band (meant to post two of each but accidentally posted three of of the nine stone band)
05751607-B184-4424-B5A5-F24E41E06E39.jpeg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh the bezel band looks dreamy. They're both nice, but bezel has me swooning with your e-ring

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the bezel and ering combo but love the shared prong, twist band and ering combo too. So I think they’re both perfect!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife I love the style of the bezel but the 9 stone single prong (not double prong- sorry for the confusion) is just so much sparklier! It’s interedting because the circles are the same size in both rings, but one is all diamond... I just worry that the single prong nine stone looks a bit 80s?

@foxinsox I think that in photos especially they look so similar— makes it harder to pick between them—I wish I could keep both!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, I don't think the band looks 80s. It's not like:

80s.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the bezel band, but if the diamonds aren't that sparkly, I'd keep looking. When it's the right one, you'll know.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the link @Laila619 I think I’ll keep the nine stone band. I like how the yellow gold blends into my skin tone and the diamonds look like they are floating on the finger. The bezel band is beautiful but it seemed distracting to me, maybe because it’s milgrained es and my E-ring is smooth and simple. The nine stone is also substantial enough to sit on its own and its comfortable to wear. I worry that I will bang up the bezel band since it’s an eternity and I’ll lose some of the diamonds.

I just need confirmation that I’m not crazy picking the 9 stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results