shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding a Sparkly Stackable Wedding Band

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I recently received a 2.06 carat I color AVR (OEC style cut) and I had it set in a two-tone yellow gold Stuller crown setting. This setting is meant to be temporary, though I will likely have it for at least a year. I would love to get a sparkly wedding band to go with it that I could later use with the new setting or transition to my right hand as part of a stack if it doesn't work with the eventual reset. The reset might be in platinum, but I don't mind mixing metals. I would like to find a delicate 3/4 eternity band in yg that can be resized 1/2 a size later on (since my right hand ring finger is a bit bigger than my left hand finger). I would either get a simple pave band, or otherwise something with a vintage feel. One concern is the fact that my ring is an old-style cut in an I color and the bands mostly contain high color full cut rounds. The ring that I currently have narrows down to 1.5mm at the top, so I think that the band needs to be 2mm or less. My ring size is 4.75-5 My budget for this is $500.00 (or less). I have found some contenders on Etsy, but I just don't know what the quality would be like, and I am super overwhelmed with the options. I would love some help finding affordable bands!

Here is an Iphone photo of the current setting (ignore the scratches on my hand--for some reason, I decided to prune some thorny bushes without gloves that day!):
IMG_2470.jpg

Eventually I would love a stack with mixed metals like the ones below (these are all photos from PS that I kept in a folder and I don't remember who they belonged to-- except for the last one, from @stonewell):
stack 1.jpg stack 2.jpg stack 3.jpeg stonewell stack.JPG

This one (in 14k YG) is a favorite but not in the budget:
https://idjewelry.com/0-57-ct-ladies-ring-14k-white-gold-diamond-stackable-lr4380w44jj-igcd.html

This micro pave band seems like a great price, and simple enough that it could go with everything. The seller is based in NY (which is convenient for me), has good Etsy reviews and offers a lifetime warranty and repairs. She said that she could do a version that was 1.8mm for the same price, which might be a better match for the skinny band on my ring:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/258216903/20mm-34-way-eternity-f-vs2-056ct-micro

This other Etsy seller has a LOT of really pretty options, though they are based in CA, so not as convenient. I found him when I was ogling @stonewell 's beautiful stack! All the options below are available in YG
This could be interesting, though only half eternity:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/197544403/14k-rose-gold-diamond-infinity-band?ref=shop_home_active_47

I like this one- comes in 1.5mm and 2.0mm (not sure which width would look best):
https://www.etsy.com/listing/197548859/14k-rose-gold-diamond-antique-style-art

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197537...ond-antique-style-art?ref=shop_home_active_80

A couple of other ideas:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/251936321/14k-yellow-gold-art-deco-diamond-band?ref=shop_home_active_90

https://www.etsy.com/listing/398336675/14k-white-gold-art-deco-antique-style?ref=shop_home_active_66

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @prbaglady!! :wavey: I *love* your AVR... it’s absolutely divine!

Exciting to hear you’re shopping for your stack! I know David isn’t conveniently close to you, but he’s pretty good about shipping things quickly. I’ve taken him up on shipping my purchase when I can’t find the time to visit his shop.

Alternatively, I’ve also worked with IDJ and highly recommend them if you want a vendor in NYC. Just let Shulamit or Yukietel know your budget and see what they can do - I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

I’m not familiar with Aby, but IIRC, I’ve seen some threads here with mixed reviews on customized pieces.

About pave color, if you’re keeping it at 2mm or less, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Especially if you plan to mix metals in the stack. My MRB is a K and all the diamond bands I’ve purchased have F/G or G/H color. The picture you posted above show my milgrain band that is F/G. I’m certain the metal color plays a role, so if you’re planning for a white gold, I’d opt for G/H.

Good luck on your bands, I hope you’ll post lots of pics when you get your stack!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@prbaglady your favorite-but-not-in-budget one (the first one you posted) might still be an option if your budget can stretch a bit! I’m having a very similar band made by LOGR in 18k YG. It should be here tomorrow, provided that DHL isn’t scared of a lil snow. ;)2

I had Stephan make a morganite and diamond RHR with upgraded melee for me a couple years ago and he did a fantastic job! So with this band, I asked for an upgrade to 18k YG (instead of 14k which is what he would normally do) as well as the upgraded diamonds. Here’s a link to the custom listing he put up for me:
https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/c...k-yellow-gold-milgrain?variant=11086238679083

And here’s one he did for another client in 14k with the upgraded diamonds:
https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...-14k-yellow-gold-milgrain?variant=33513461766

I would recommend requesting upgraded diamonds, because I’ve heard that the quality of LOGR’s standard melee can be spotty. But I’ve never heard anyone complain about his upgraded diamonds. The ones in my morganite ring are very nice!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Exciting to hear you’re shopping for your stack! I know David isn’t conveniently close to you, but he’s pretty good about shipping things quickly. I’ve taken him up on shipping my purchase when I can’t find the time to visit his shop.

Alternatively, I’ve also worked with IDJ and highly recommend them if you want a vendor in NYC. Just let Shulamit or Yukietel know your budget and see what they can do - I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

I’m not familiar with Aby, but IIRC, I’ve seen some threads here with mixed reviews on customized pieces.

About pave color, if you’re keeping it at 2mm or less, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Especially if you plan to mix metals in the stack. My MRB is a K and all the diamond bands I’ve purchased have F/G or G/H color. The picture you posted above show my milgrain band that is F/G. I’m certain the metal color plays a role, so if you’re planning for a white gold, I’d opt for G/H.

Good luck on your bands, I hope you’ll post lots of pics when you get your stack!

I LOVE your rings, stonewell and prbaglady! May I ask where you got your settings? They're lovely! :geek2:

@stonewell Are your prongs rose gold?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prbaglady your favorite-but-not-in-budget one (the first one you posted) might still be an option if your budget can stretch a bit! I’m having a very similar band made by LOGR in 18k YG. It should be here tomorrow, provided that DHL isn’t scared of a lil snow. ;)2

I had Stephan make a morganite and diamond RHR with upgraded melee for me a couple years ago and he did a fantastic job! So with this band, I asked for an upgrade to 18k YG (instead of 14k which is what he would normally do) as well as the upgraded diamonds. Here’s a link to the custom listing he put up for me:
https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/c...k-yellow-gold-milgrain?variant=11086238679083

https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...-14k-yellow-gold-milgrain?variant=33513461766

I would recommend requesting upgraded diamonds, because I’ve heard that the quality of LOGR’s standard melee can be spotty. But I’ve never heard anyone complain about his upgraded diamonds. The ones in my morganite ring are very nice!

I can’t wait to see your new LOGR band. Please, post a lot of pictures!

I have also a marquis and dot band from him with upgraded diamonds, and I love it. You can see it on the third picture posted by OP with the RG bubble band.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have also a marquis and dot band from him with upgraded diamonds, and I love it. You can see it on the third picture posted by OP with the RG bubble band.

Ahhh, I love that marquise dot band! That’s high on my wish list! And I’ll definitely post lots of pics. Here’s hoping it actually arrives today like it’s supposed to! LOL!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant to add I’ll be really interested to hear what you end up with! I’m in the market for a thin diamond yg band too- but I’m slightly worried about how these hold up in real life.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your responses! They have been super helpful so far.

Hi @stonewell - thank you for responding! What did you think of the quality of David’s work when compared to IDJ? I will probably pick one of these vendors and order a couple of bands to compare in person. Do you know if your band from David can be resized?

@Irishgrrrl thank you for pointing me to LOGR! At first I was skeptical because the website says that the rings are made in China but then I went down the PS rabbit hole and read a bunch of post about them and they seem to produce decent work. Im going to send them the links to the custom bands you posted and see what their pricing would be with upgraded diamonds.

I LOVE your rings, stonewell and prbaglady! May I ask where you got your settings? They're lovely! :geek2:
@TweetyBird23 my setting is a stock setting by Stuller (#122004) - mine is two toned with a white gold head and yellow gold band. I had the jewelrer do claw prongs on it and also pinch the shank ever so slightly near the top. It’s really delicate in person and has a vintage feel with the crown head. I plan to change it out eventually, but only because I feel like the AVR needs a more intricate setting to soften it up — it feels so severe sitting on its own like this. I

@dkata I love that marquis band but I couldn’t find it on his website. Is it a custom one? Do you mind telling me how much they charge for it?

I meant to add I’ll be really interested to hear what you end up with! I’m in the market for a thin diamond yg band too- but I’m slightly worried about how these hold up in real life.
@Snowdrop13 I will definitely report back and post photos once I get my band. I know how scary it is to buy these things sight unseen online.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi @stonewell - thank you for responding! What did you think of the quality of David’s work when compared to IDJ? I will probably pick one of these vendors and order a couple of bands to compare in person. Do you know if your band from David can be resized?

@Irishgrrrl thank you for pointing me to LOGR! At first I was skeptical because the website says that the rings are made in China but then I went down the PS rabbit hole and read a bunch of post about them and they seem to produce decent work. Im going to send them the links to the custom bands you posted and see what their pricing would be with upgraded diamonds.

@TweetyBird23 my setting is a stock setting by Stuller (#122004) - mine is two toned with a white gold head and yellow gold band. I had the jewelrer do claw prongs on it and also pinch the shank ever so slightly near the top. It’s really delicate in person and has a vintage feel with the crown head. I plan to change it out eventually, but only because I feel like the AVR needs a more intricate setting to soften it up — it feels so severe sitting on its own like this. I

@dkata I love that marquis band but I couldn’t find it on his website. Is it a custom one? Do you mind telling me how much they charge for it?

@Snowdrop13 I will definitely report back and post photos once I get my band. I know how scary it is to buy these things sight unseen online.

I think this is the marquise band from LOGR (and @dkata, please correct me if I'm wrong):

With milgrain - https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...marquise-round-diamonds-eternity-wedding-ring

Without milgrain - https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...ternity-anniversary-ring-14k-white-gold-bezel

Again, just to be safe, I'd ask for the upgraded diamonds if you order either of those. But they are gorgeous and I think I need one in my life ASAP! :love:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, I have ordered this one:
https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/c...eternity-anniversary-ring-14k-white-gold-vs-2

I upgraded only to VS diamonds, but if you want to use it as a wedding band, I would also upgrade to VVS.

I’ve just compared the 2 rings once more. Mine has 0.32 tcw., and the one you linked has 0.45 tcw.

Ohhhh, yours has two rounds in the marquise-shaped spaces! From your pics, they looked like actual marquise-shaped stones! Beautiful either way! :love:

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I too, have been looking for a wedding band and have been looking at LOGR for awhile. Have you decided which one you are going to order?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's a lovely setting, prbaglady!

Last edited:

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think this is the marquise band from LOGR (and @dkata, please correct me if I'm wrong):

With milgrain - https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...marquise-round-diamonds-eternity-wedding-ring

Without milgrain - https://www.thelordofgemrings.com/p...ternity-anniversary-ring-14k-white-gold-bezel

Again, just to be safe, I'd ask for the upgraded diamonds if you order either of those. But they are gorgeous and I think I need one in my life ASAP! :love:

I too, have been looking for a wedding band and have been looking at LOGR for awhile. Have you decided which one you are going to order?

@Bfelix the marquise and dot band that @Irishgrrrl posted is a top contender. I will probably order this version (with marquise stones instead of two rounds in the marquise sections), but first I need to ask for a listing that has upgraded diamonds and also is not complete eternity and has a sizing spacer. Hopefully they will do that. I want to be able to size up 1/2 of size in case this becomes a right hand ring. I like this setting because it's bezel set and hopefully the diamonds will be less likely to fall out.

I want to order two bands to try out, since they are all returnable. I am trying to see if LOGR has a 1.8mm 3/4 yg pave eternity band listed but I can't seem to find one, so I will contact them since they can likely make something like this.

I also really like the YG band at the bottom of this stack. Does any one know where it came from?
stack 2.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would strongly suggest contacting IDJ as well and seeing what they might be able to offer. They sometimes have great bands on budget in stock.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@stonewell Are your prongs rose gold?

Thanks, @TweetyBird23! I've been following your thread and am waiting with bated breath to see your new ring!

The setting is the Modern Tulip from James Allen:

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...dern-tulip-diamond-engagement-ring-item-50763

So, the prongs are also in rose gold. I love it, however, I am also in love with mixed rose gold shank and white gold/platinum prong styles, such as yours. I so wish there was a way to swap settings depending on one's mood - I'd pay a premium for that! lol

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I've been pleased with the bands from David. The metal work is good quality and solid, which is nice for the price point. None of my rings have lost any melee nor have any had issues with the melee being inconsistent or "off" from what was advertised. The band you showed above is actually a full eternity, so it wasn't sizable. He had one made to my size within a week. I have had other bands sized by him - if they're sizable, he has his onsite bench do so; if not, he will have the appropriate size made.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been pleased with the bands from David. The metal work is good quality and solid, which is nice for the price point. None of my rings have lost any melee nor have any had issues with the melee being inconsistent or "off" from what was advertised. The band you showed above is actually a full eternity, so it wasn't sizable. He had one made to my size within a week. I have had other bands sized by him - if they're sizable, he has his onsite bench do so; if not, he will have the appropriate size made.

@stonewell Awesome! Good to hear that they have proven to be durable. I need to see if they would create versions of the bands that I am interested in with a small sizing bar so that they can be resized.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, Yssie is correct-- It is the SS Sadie in rose gold :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bfelix the marquise and dot band that @Irishgrrrl posted is a top contender. I will probably order this version (with marquise stones instead of two rounds in the marquise sections), but first I need to ask for a listing that has upgraded diamonds and also is not complete eternity and has a sizing spacer. Hopefully they will do that. I want to be able to size up 1/2 of size in case this becomes a right hand ring. I like this setting because it's bezel set and hopefully the diamonds will be less likely to fall out.

I want to order two bands to try out, since they are all returnable. I am trying to see if LOGR has a 1.8mm 3/4 yg pave eternity band listed but I can't seem to find one, so I will contact them since they can likely make something like this.

It says returns of custom orders will deduct $30 from the refund which is a pretty good deal. Usually custom orders are not refundable. But have you priced replacing the two rounds with one marquise yet? Because I think you'll be well over your price range if you do that. Just the upgrade in diamond quality and change to 18k (if you need that) will likely put you over budget.

I really don't recommend sizing rings like this, because it can result in loosened stones. I've had it happen and my stones were only on the top of the band. I'd choose band style that you know you'll end up wearing with a new e-ring setting.

@Irishgrrrl I'd love to see pictures of your band with the upgrades and hear your opinion on the milgrain quality, etc!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 interesting to know that resizing could be problematic even if it’s not a full eternity and there’s a sizing bar. The difference between both hands is 1/2 size. Maybe I just size these for the right hand (5.25) and insert something in the band to make them slightly smaller for the left hand (4.75)? Does something like that exist?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 interesting to know that resizing could be problematic even if it’s not a full eternity and there’s a sizing bar. The difference between both hands is 1/2 size. Maybe I just size these for the right hand (5.25) and insert something in the band to make them slightly smaller for the left hand (4.75)? Does something like that exist?

There are several options that might work. I usually size my rings up by a half a size and add sizing beads and have found that super comfortable and very effective. My fingers tend to swell and increase in size dramatically in the heat and shrink quite a bit in the cold. Sizing beads work best for me.

sizingbeadsoecclusterandfrancesca.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In actuality, a half size isn't that big of a deal when the band is worn below the e-ring. In fact, sometimes these inexpensive bands are lower in height than the e-ring shank, and it looks better for them to be a little larger to sit at the same height. I have rings size 5.5, 5.75, and 6 that I wear on my left ring finger. So I do think it would be less trouble to size it at a 6, personally, but since I have not seen those rings in person or tried them on with your ring, I can't say for sure.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My LOGR band arrived yesterday and I’m very happy with it! Here are a few pics. Please excuse my horrible office lighting and equally horrible photography skills! :lol:

Hanging out on my lil elephant ring holder:
A896493B-1D93-44C0-8FCC-5DE4ECE4689B.jpeg 2D16F592-FB80-4CC1-AAB8-72C0D4B21E3C.jpeg

Hand shots:
835CE580-5EC5-443B-9220-9D015F08D26F.jpeg CCD4495A-C283-4B7E-BED5-C4870B32AFDB.jpeg

The diamonds are bright and white. No quality issues with them whatsoever! The bezels all look to be very secure and the milgraining looks nice. I was worried about the thickness of the band, but I shouldn’t have been. It’s nice and thin. Perfect for stacking! :))

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stacked with my wedding band:
F5F5A701-5DA4-400C-8F6C-3E1A5A87A491.jpeg EA7B445A-548E-4093-9B32-C33EE4ADC3E9.jpeg

And stacked with my wedding band and Bev K band:
5A7785BE-C8A3-46BE-9F13-A95A9B21ED22.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results