shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding a Diamond from James Allen

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all your feedback. I also cannot stop thinking about the diamond in @flyingpig 's first post. Picture and report of that one are below. Would you all pick #2 that everyone is mentioning above or the one here below (not knowing the IS image)?
1617859534374.png
1617859534139.png

It comes down to the price, carat, color and clarity of each. All options here are good.

It is irresponsible of me to recommend a stone without the IS. Having that said, I like F's appearance. I mentioned the crown could be a tad steep and it is indeed 35.5/40.6. From what I can see, it is a good 35.5/40.6 with minimal leakage. I would personally buy it. But that does not mean you should buy a diamond without the IS/ASET.

tulnev

Rough_Rock
I pulled the trigger on the stone that didn't have the IS image o_O. I just couldn't get over how nice its arrows look, its brightness, and how much it sparkles in the video in comparison to the other choices, in addition to the good price and higher color. After all that education on PS, I feel a little guilty that I bought a stone without the IS image, but I had to go with my gut haha. I know I could buy an IS to confirm in person, but I figure if it looks good enough to the eye, I'll be satisfied. Thank you everyone for your advice, especially @flyingpig for your recommendation and comments.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
That's great congrats on your purchase! Make sure you come back when you get it and post pics to show it off.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pulled the trigger on the stone that didn't have the IS image o_O. I just couldn't get over how nice its arrows look, its brightness, and how much it sparkles in the video in comparison to the other choices, in addition to the good price and higher color. After all that education on PS, I feel a little guilty that I bought a stone without the IS image, but I had to go with my gut haha. I know I could buy an IS to confirm in person, but I figure if it looks good enough to the eye, I'll be satisfied. Thank you everyone for your advice, especially @flyingpig for your recommendation and comments.

JA offers free return shipping if you happen to not like the stone.

Roll up a piece of red paper and you have a IS scope.

tulnev

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I'm back to show it off! My fiancé and I love it. The two videos are showing direct sunlight (fire) and shade (brilliance) illumination. Out of curiosity and for fun, I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the diamond performance / cut. I will not be offended if you are critical, so please be honest.

@flyingpig This is the stone you first suggested.

IMG_1301.jpg
IMG_1523.jpg IMG_1430.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It performs well as expected. The size works well with the setting, too.

I was like "that is a big crown"; gorgeous. And I realized it is a 35.5/40.6.

Good craftmanship on this one

tulnev

Rough_Rock
Lastly, I made the DIY ideal / ASET scope mentioned by @flyingpig and took images. I think my DIY version doesn't reflect as much colored light as the official one, so the diamond is dark relative to the background illumination. Hence, the image quality isn't the best. Some improvement can be recovered with post image processing, but I didn't want to upload edited photos. It certainly looks better with the human eye. I see slight hints of light leakage but I'm still satisfied with light performance overall. Thanks to everyone who participated in this post and @jp201845 for reminding me to post the final results!

diy-ideal-aset-scope-jpg.834614

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Attachments

• Diy ideal aset scope.jpg
    Diy ideal aset scope.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 29
Congratulations on your guys' engagement! The whole ring looks amazing. Soooo sparkly! And the DIY ideal/ASET scope is so cool!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lastly, I made the DIY ideal / ASET scope mentioned by @flyingpig and took images. I think my DIY version doesn't reflect as much colored light as the official one, so the diamond is dark relative to the background illumination. Hence, the image quality isn't the best. Some improvement can be recovered with post image processing, but I didn't want to upload edited photos. It certainly looks better with the human eye. I see slight hints of light leakage but I'm still satisfied with light performance overall. Thanks to everyone who participated in this post and @jp201845 for reminding me to post the final results!

diy-ideal-aset-scope-jpg.834614

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Kewl.

Although expected, I am relieved to see a good ASET image.

Still 95~100.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results