shape
carat
color
clarity

Help evaluate a 7.5 carat stone

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Finally back with photos of the final mounted stone! Custom setting took significantly longer than anticipated.

Thank you all so much for all your help through this process. You all have invaluable insights within the industry and are incredibly gracious to share it with others.
DE40D76B-7448-40B7-A73A-510D8F587DE0.jpeg
Had to get my good dress :love: looks fabulous.

laviejenrose

Rough_Rock
Hi diamond loving friends! I’m back again as we’re now on the hunt for an eternity band to pair with this ring.

Curious if you all have any suggestions on how to go about matching color remotely? We can’t seem to find what we’re looking for within a reasonable range locally.

Ideally searching for .75-1 ct ovals - main kicker is trying to match the color as my stone has some fluorescence to it.

We saw someone locally who said it’s impossible to find L color in this size but I have an existing band that seems to be darker in color at .3 cts.

Thanks in advance for all your insight!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ok, #1 we need some more pics!

#2 I would contact someone like IDJ to make you a custom band. Your solitaire has faint fluoro if I recall correctly so I would worry about getting stones with fluoro.

laviejenrose

Rough_Rock
Ok, #1 we need some more pics!

#2 I would contact someone like IDJ to make you a custom band. Your solitaire has faint fluoro if I recall correctly so I would worry about getting stones with fluoro.

I don’t believe IDJ sells to private individuals, only to the trade.

Any other suggestions??

More photos to come!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I don’t believe IDJ sells to private individuals, only to the trade.

Any other suggestions??

More photos to come!!

Look forward to the pics!

Also, IDJ is a retailer. They definitely sell directly to consumers. A lot of PSers have bought from them.

laviejenrose

Rough_Rock
IDJ international located in Chicago?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
ID Jewelry is in New York. Most people work with Yetukiel. I haven’t bought from them personally because I buy old cuts-but I have heard good things.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
headlight, thank you for asking what I was wondering myself.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe so. Probably.
I just remember a thread "Show me your under one ct. diamonds" that ran for like 15 years. I absolutely loved it, I saw some of the most beautiful rings ever.
I'm a fossil, I know.

that thread is still updated you can go dawn over them there- no reason to try and shame this person for such an outstanding diamond.

23345C16-2428-44FB-9CBC-012B6C1937C8.gif 72E95A64-0639-4B43-BF05-2964FA5524BB.gif 2D47FB0E-8734-4203-8FFB-866ED5C597A4.gif

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Yowsers, Niel, I was just asking a question, certainly not shaming anyone. Actually echoing another poster who asked.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
:wavey:@laviejenrose I hope we haven't scared you off!

Many of us (me) would love to see more pics of your gorgeous ring. Also, keep us posted on your eternity band search, too. I hope ID Jewelry can help you.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Because they can and god bless them for it.

I don’t understand all the hate??? I merely asked a question.

Why the assumption I had a negative element to my inquiry? I do not know what that would be, or why.

Honestly, it is pretty offensive, rude, and hurtful toward me to make these comments; that goes the same for those of you that supported the reply post, especially PSers who, for reasons I don’t know, always have it out for me any chance they can get.

OP’s desire for a stone of that magnitude in size was merely intriguing to me.

To say “because they can” is a rude response as I didn’t ask you, I asked OP… and they did, so obviously they can.

I also didn’t understand the “God bless them” reference?… perhaps you meant something along the lines of “good for them”, “excited for them”, “happy for them”??? Not sure what God has to do with this purchase… with the exception of saying God did bless them by guiding them to this website so there could be such a magnificent and happy ending.

This November will be my 20th anniversary as a member in good standing on this forum… Being anything short of thrilled for someone so happy about their purchase is not in my nature. Additionally, I am a Graduate Gemologist so the fact they found their way to this forum and received so much valuable assistance for a diamond of fine quality is a total “feel good” for me.

No negative intent in my post to OP.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
headlight has answered this more eloquently than I can but I would like to say it's disturbing that my question was interpreted as trying to elicit a wrong or unflattering reply from OP. Nothing is farther from the truth - the chance to ask someone who has the good fortune to choose a 7.5 ct natural diamond about their process is rare. I've never seen such a diamond other than on a celebrity's hand. If she bought it because it looks spectacular - and it does - that's great. If she bought it because she wanted something bigger than her SIL wears, - you go girl! There's no wrong answer. I'd just love to know more and I hope OP continues to post her photos and stories.

OP, we're not usually this contentious.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
headlight has answered this more eloquently than I can but I would like to say it's disturbing that my question was interpreted as trying to elicit a wrong or unflattering reply from OP. Nothing is farther from the truth - the chance to ask someone who has the good fortune to choose a 7.5 ct natural diamond about their process is rare. I've never seen such a diamond other than on a celebrity's hand. If she bought it because it looks spectacular - and it does - that's great. If she bought it because she wanted something bigger than her SIL wears, - you go girl! There's no wrong answer. I'd just love to know more and I hope OP continues to post her photos and stories.

OP, we're not usually this contentious.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@headlight and @Ibrakeforpossums thanks for expounding on your initial enquiries. From the virtual sidelines, the questions did seem a bit strange and judgy for this thread-but you have both clarified your positions.

This thread is a PS success story to me. OP initially posted a questionable I 2 clarity stone. With the help of PSers, she found a gorgeous stone that she has been enjoying for almost six months.

As for the questions you both posed, perhaps you could start a separate thread? The topic could make for an interesting conversation on it's own. There seem to be dozens (I haven't counted-this is a guessimate) of Psers that own 4+ carat stones that could chime in on subject matter.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I'm here for all size diamonds! :love:

Same!

Maybe so. Probably.
I just remember a thread "Show me your under one ct. diamonds" that ran for like 15 years. I absolutely loved it, I saw some of the most beautiful rings ever.
I'm a fossil, I know.

Yeah that’s where the majority of my collection is! :) There’s also a 0.5 and under thread. Maybe we need a 0.05 and under thread?

I do agree that if you peruse SMTB from the early days, you see a lot more modest stones.

Anyway…

Hi diamond loving friends! I’m back again as we’re now on the hunt for an eternity band to pair with this ring.

Curious if you all have any suggestions on how to go about matching color remotely? We can’t seem to find what we’re looking for within a reasonable range locally.

Ideally searching for .75-1 ct ovals - main kicker is trying to match the color as my stone has some fluorescence to it.

We saw someone locally who said it’s impossible to find L color in this size but I have an existing band that seems to be darker in color at .3 cts.

Thanks in advance for all your insight!

Weird thought but have you considered rose cut ovals?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Many of my favorite pieces show up on oncrutchesrightnow. You have some really lovely things that resonate with me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results