shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP design my 3 stone w/MRB

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@Lookinagain TY so much for sharing @stonewell’s gorgeous wrap! I reached out to David and he currently has my ering. :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain TY so much for sharing @stonewell’s gorgeous wrap! I reached out to David and he currently has my ering. :kiss2:

Glad that I could be of help. Can't wait to see how it turns out so make sure to post lots of photos!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I was just sent this. I think I’d be happy with the 4.5mm. Thoughts?
My center stone for reference is 1.02 (mm 6.60 -6.59)
I want a balanced ring but no metal showing. Just a row of bling. :kiss2:

IMG_9163.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I need to ask why it says two tone with gold and plat.

Also, do you think I should send my ering back
to DK & request softer prongs? He did not design my original ering. He’s working on an enhancer for me.

Last edited:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s a couple of pics of my Ering.
Ering was purchased in my hometown.
IMG_0692.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_1535.jpeg IMG_1535.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 13

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like the head of your solitaire? It is a stock peg head. You are going through all this trouble I wonder if you want to consider having DK make you a more elegant head for your soli at the same time he makes the wrap. If you like its look ignore me.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Do you like the head of your solitaire? It is a stock peg head. You are going through all this trouble I wonder if you want to consider having DK make you a more elegant head for your soli at the same time he makes the wrap. If you like its look ignore me.

What do you suggest? Would I need a new setting or just a new head?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a balanced ring but no metal showing. Just a row of bling.
Does this mean you don’t want to see any of the shank, looking down at your hand?
if that’s so - I think you will, as the CAD looks to be now.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Does this mean you don’t want to see any of the shank, looking down at your hand?
if that’s so - I think you will, as the CAD looks to be now.

Correct. I prefer not to see any parts of the shank if possible. My ctr is 1.00 carat so that may not be possible?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct. I prefer not to see any parts of the shank if possible. My ctr is 1.00 carat so that may not be possible?

Unless you are set on a center to sides size ratio aesthetic
Fooling around with the sides size and also the angle they are set at, might get you there. Or closer to.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Unless you are set on a center to sides size ratio aesthetic
Fooling around with the sides size and also the angle they are set at, might get you there. Or closer to.

Are you saying the sides size may need to be a bit larger and angled?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less angle on the sidestones will give you more coverage on top down view. Limitations, but applicable.

If you want to see less shank from top down view - yes increasing your sidestone diameter will help achieve that.

Are you saying the sides size may need to be a bit larger and angled?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually just the head of the ring can be replaced and in my experience it isn’t super pricey. You could talk to your contact at DK about it. Here’s an example from his IG of a head that might be able to be added to your shank. See how the lines of the head are more fluid and graceful?

IMG_1711.jpeg

Another. I chose these randomly. You’d have to talk to them to see what’s possible and if it’s even worth it.

IMG_1713.jpeg

As to your question about not seeing metal you should talk to DK about it. But as it is now I see a lot of metal from the top down. You likely need 6mm sides to cover the whole finger with a 1ct center. 5.5mm at least.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Will a 6 prong head make my center appear smaller? That’s why I went with 4 prong. Thoughts?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will a 6 prong head make my center appear smaller? That’s why I went with 4 prong. Thoughts?

Six prong generally makes the diamond appear rounder where the four prong can sometimes make it look square. Six prong’s won’t make your center look smaller unless they are big, overwhelming prongs.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondsR4eVR I think that you should get whatever you think your end goal look is, rather than piecemeal...because you may not be truly or completely satsified with the outcome. I would definitely take advantage of the fact that DK already has your ring, if you can stretch the budget a bit now, you will probably much happier in the end! Trust me, some of us have learned the hard way going through various re-sets, upgrades, etc.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
DK already sent my Ering back. He just kept it for a day to scan it. He was so efficient and quick mailing it back to me. We’ve been emailing back n forth. But I’m going to take this time off from work and enjoy the holidays and my family. And in the new year really think about what I want. You’re right @TruLuv858, if I’ve gone this far might as well go a little further. I want to love the enhancer so it looks like it’s part of my Ering. And in doing so I may need to change the setting on my solitaire.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK already sent my Ering back. He just kept it for a day to scan it. He was so efficient and quick mailing it back to me. We’ve been emailing back n forth. But I’m going to take this time off from work and enjoy the holidays and my family. And in the new year really think about what I want. You’re right @TruLuv858, if I’ve gone this far might as well go a little further. I want to love the enhancer so it looks like it’s part of my Ering. And in doing so I may need to change the setting on my solitaire.

Exactly. Get WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. Don't settle for something you only partially want.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can stretch then absolutely get what a new soli rather than just a head!

And if you are getting a new setting anyway, as a three stone wearer might I suggest you also consider just getting a new three stone ring and not a wrap? Once you get used tot the added bling factor it’s impossible to go back to a lonely solitaire unless your main diamond is HUGE. I suspect you will just want to wear the three stone all the time in which case a three stone mounting allows more design flexibility and also it is easier to wear and pair with bands.

Maybe you can buy a “fun ring” of czs on eBay in the three stone proportions you are envisioning and wear it around the house and alternate with your solitaire to see how you feel about the two looks? Will give you a sense of whether you would miss the soli.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can stretch then absolutely get what a new soli rather than just a head!

And if you are getting a new setting anyway, as a three stone wearer might I suggest you also consider just getting a new three stone ring and not a wrap? Once you get used tot the added bling factor it’s impossible to go back to a lonely solitaire unless your main diamond is HUGE. I suspect you will just want to wear the three stone all the time in which case a three stone mounting allows more design flexibility and also it is easier to wear and pair with bands.

Maybe you can buy a “fun ring” of czs on eBay in the three stone proportions you are envisioning and wear it around the house and alternate with your solitaire to see how you feel about the two looks? Will give you a sense of whether you would miss the soli.

Well, I'll give another view of this. The wrap gives versatility. So you can wear it as a soli and then stack it with a few bands if you want, or wear it as a three stone. And as you said in your first post, your fiance would not be thrilled with you trading up your original ER stone which is why I assume you want to keep it, otherwise you'd go larger there. So I would vote for a new setting for your ER stone that matches the setting of the wrap. Gives you a bit more versatility and keeps your fiance happy. If you don't think your original ACA stones are large enough to give you what you want, perhaps see if you could trade those up for a bit larger (not much larger) if within your budget.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year!

I thought about a traditional 3 stone ring but I must say, I love my soli. It’s a really nice diamond! And DSS has settled for me by staying away from this amazing forum bc boy oh boy our members here have gorgeous stones/rings and I love admiring all of them. With all that said, I still love the idea of an enhancer. The idea is so cool to me and maybe one day purchase a 1c sapphire soli and wear the enhancer with that too. Endless yummy ideas!

Anyway, I have decided to ask for bigger sides bc I don’t want to see the shank. Also, I don’t think my sides need to be 6mm. I have a CZ Berricle 3 stone ring that’s 2ctw with a 1c center. On my finger I don’t see the sides of the ring at all- only stones.

Anyway, recent image from DK:

“If I bring the stones up to 5mm and also change the main ring I can get the ring shanks hidden more.”

DK 94588-QUAD-4.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask DK to send you a wax/plastic of the wrap (I am assuming you are keeping the same setting on your soli and maybe just tweaking the prongs?) Or of the set, if you're resetting the soli, so you can put it all together and know for sure.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@Lookinagain I’m think keeping the platinum ring- concerned my ring will appear warmer with a yg band- but asked for a new head so it’s a more cohesive look with the enhancer. Was that right? I never had jewelry custom made before and the last thing I want is to be disappointed.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the costs of again shipping back and forth and the cost of replacing the head on your ring
Unless there’s sentimental value - I’d ask for a quote for a new solitaire looking the way you want it to look. That will remove question of cohesiveness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results