shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP design my 3 stone w/MRB

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you know I have a 1.02 (mm 6.60 -6.59) K GIA Triple X solitaire set in platinum. I miss having a bigger stone, but I’m okay with not going too big...for now. I was planning on upgrading my stone, but I know my fiancé would not love that idea. That’s not to say I’ll never do it. With that said, I do have ACA studs that I love and wear them everyday. I think they are .46 & .47 (I need to find the mm’s). I can look for that thread since this wonderful community helped pick them out. Anyway, I did take some photos with all three stones together in the thread title DSS. My future husband liked the look even tho he is not at all moved by material possessions. When he said, that will be a lot of bling I knew I would love the new ring!

Since I will have to save enough bling funds for a new center stone (I want an ideal cut stone from a preferred PS vendor), a 3 stone ring is more tangible at the moment plus I already have 3 MRBs.

Now to my question: who would you use to make such a ring? WF, David Klass, IDJ...? I have no idea where to begin.

I also don’t know what style basket I prefer. I do know I am not a fan of a lot of metal (prongs) showing. Also, do I go straight across or more of an angled look? If possible I’d like the center stone to still have presence if that makes sense. Will the center stone look smaller? I’d like to maximize it -not minimize the center stone.

I love so many 3 stone rings here that I know I can’t go wrong asking you all.

Thank you so much! If you read this much I really appreciate it.

I’ll share pictures of what I like design wise.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Favorite of mine...it is a 6 prong though. I would ask for a picture of one with a similar size stone to yours.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Favorite of mine...it is a 6 prong though. I would ask for a picture of one with a similar size stone to yours.

You just inspired me to call WF. It’s always such a pleasurable experience to talk to them. So nice and accommodating. So I love the ring you posted. I always appreciate your insight. The setting comes with .25 I was told. That size looks lovely and I know I’ll like the ring a lot. I asked if they can send me a picture with similar stats to my studs and ER. Now do I use stock setting diamonds or go for more bling & use my studs?! :bigsmile:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I would use different sides and not your studs - you’ll be left without anything for your ears then! I love the lines of the basket in your inspiration pic m.

I know! I’ll miss them. Brittney is sending me pics of a similar center stone as mine with similar size side stones (say that real fast haha), as my studs.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just inspired me to call WF. It’s always such a pleasurable experience to talk to them. So nice and accommodating. So I love the ring you posted. I always appreciate your insight. The setting comes with .25 I was told. That size looks lovely and I know I’ll like the ring a lot. I asked if they can send me a picture with similar stats to my studs and ER. Now do I use stock setting diamonds or go for more bling & use my studs?! :bigsmile:

Hmmm, my mom has a 3 stone that is .5 1.0 .5. It's a whole lot of bling for her tiny finger. I kind of prefer smaller sides to let the
center shine a little more maybe like .33ish? Please post the pics when you get them. I'm sure they will help you decide. I'll be glad
to throw in my 2 cents!:)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, my mom has a 3 stone that is .5 1.0 .5. It's a whole lot of bling for her tiny finger. I kind of prefer smaller sides to let the
center shine a little more maybe like .33ish? Please post the pics when you get them. I'm sure they will help you decide. I'll be glad
to throw in my 2 cents!:)

I’d love to see a picture of her ring if you have one. I’m pretty average ring size and don’t have skinny fingers. I’m 5.75 but I may go up to a 6 with new ring.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Brittany from WF sent me the following photos. She couldn’t find anything with my exact sizes but I’m sure this will be pretty dang close. The sides below are .80ctw with a 1 carat center. 9CB59873-7F3A-4F42-878C-FFAEA91D24B3.jpeg 3E88023D-7B74-4DD5-9ECA-B42277CA43EE.jpeg FA021CBF-4FD7-49C8-A138-93362868468B.jpeg E6DF4523-FE54-43A6-81A5-91EEB66AFC02.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could do .25, .33, or even .5 sides. I don't have a picture with your exact size diamond, but here is a 1.25 ct center with .33 sides just to give you an idea. I wouldn't use your WF studs. Keep those as studs and you can upgrade them later, if you ever want to.

3stone.1.25center.33sides.jpg

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
I just got my 3 stone ring reset and center upgrade. I went with DKJ. My old set had too much metal and my main goal was to have a whole lot less. We have the same ring size -center is .92ct (6.22mm) and sides are .31 ct each. 48285A41-4930-44AF-9036-88A1A0C8F099.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my 3 stone ring reset and center upgrade. I went with DKJ. My old set had too much metal and my main goal was to have a whole lot less. We have the same ring size -center is .91ct (6.22mm) and sides are .31 ct each. 48285A41-4930-44AF-9036-88A1A0C8F099.jpeg

That looks great! Can you share more pics please? How did you contact DKJ? Via Etsy?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think you could do .25, .33, or even .5 sides. I don't have a picture with your exact size diamond, but here is a 1.25 ct center with .33 sides just to give you an idea. I wouldn't use your WF studs. Keep those as studs and you can upgrade them later, if you ever want to.

3stone.1.25center.33sides.jpg

I know! I’m thinking of buying the setting with side stones and not using my WF stones.

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
That looks great! Can you share more pics please? How did you contact DKJ? Via Etsy?

Thank you! I love it so much! DSS is already setting in but I’m going to enjoy this. I had a .67 center before this upgrade. The center is K color ACA but the sides are not. They’re actually a few colors apart (I and J I believe). The center looks cloudy on his glamour photos and they’re not at all in real life. :)
A6644EE7-A3E2-4463-8190-592CA151DC6D.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love it so much! DSS is already setting in but I’m going to enjoy this. I had a .67 center before this upgrade. The center is K color ACA but the sides are not. They’re actually a few colors apart (I and J I believe). The center looks cloudy on his glamour photos and they’re not at all in real life. :)
A6644EE7-A3E2-4463-8190-592CA151DC6D.jpeg
The more rings I see from David Klass the more I become a fan. It’s a beautiful well designed ring and looks great on you! DSS is a real PITA isn’t it?! Lol

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
While on IG tonight I was able to check out Caysie’s work. I’m loving the Felicity and the Karissa. The only thing I would change about the Karissa -if I could -would be the edging on the band. I prefer smooth bands. 766A937E-9FEC-4D2A-A4C0-45D63ED2D544.png

Attachments

• 87C7BDB2-C1B5-4EA8-B2CD-6E718DC31E6D.jpeg
    87C7BDB2-C1B5-4EA8-B2CD-6E718DC31E6D.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 13

itskcc

Rough_Rock
I worked with Caysie at CVB for my solitaire to 3-stone project and she was able to customize everything. I took elements from several different rings and she was able to work her magic. Have fun with your project!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sourced my stones though Alex and he was able to create the setting I envisioned. I do love the ones from Caysie. They are beautiful. Her settings were outside of my price range because I had just purchased the stones. I have loved my rings made by Caysie. I actually really like the three stone setting Alex made. We went back and forth until we were on the same page. He was kind and generous with his time.

I really wanted a 3 stone in a crown setting. The setting just blends in and the stones shine. I usually go with more detailed designs but I wanted it to be classic and just for the diamonds to shine.

20201207_170017.jpg 20201207_170017.jpg 20201207_170026.jpg 20201207_170043.jpg 20201207_170357.jpg 20201207_102243.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sourced my stones though Alex and he was able to create the setting I envisioned. I do love the ones from Caysie. They are beautiful. Her settings were outside of my price range because I had just purchased the stones. I have loved my rings made by Caysie. I actually really like the three stone setting Alex made. We went back and forth until we were on the same page. He was kind and generous with his time.

I really wanted a 3 stone in a crown setting. The setting just blends in and the stones shine. I usually go with more detailed designs but I wanted it to be classic and just for the diamonds to shine.

20201207_170017.jpg 20201207_170017.jpg 20201207_170026.jpg 20201207_170043.jpg 20201207_170357.jpg 20201207_102243.jpg

it is beautiful. period.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! That’s one gorgeous ring! I’ve always admired Alex’s work.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quote from WF and waiting for David and Yukeitel to get back to me. I have texted with Caysie earlier in the week as well.

With Victor I would have to buy stones in order for them to do the work.

A part of me knows that I will LOVE a 3 stone, but I’m still considering going bigger. I’m getting wishy washy so think I need to pause for a moment that way I don’t spend money unnecessarily and wish I went bigger first as others suggested originally.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I 100% agree with your last paragraph. One thing I have learned from being here a very long time is that many people change rings multiple times because they are trying to get closer to what they really want, but the temporary fix isn't it and a lot of money is wasted. If you have thoughts of upgrading your center stone, I would not do a 3 stone now. That setting and the side stones probably wouldn't even work with a larger center stone. The setting definitely wouldn't. You don't know what color that stone will be. Save your money. Get the main stone upgraded. Then after that, if you still desire a 3 stone, you can then save for the sides and the reset.

When I came to PS I was looking for an anniversary upgrade diamond. I went through two ideal cut rounds before I settled on the AVR in my avatar picture. I set that in my former solitaire setting (new head) since I didn't know what kind of setting I wanted. That was 7 years ago! I still don't have one setting that I am in love with enough to justify spending the money. I do not want to reset more than once! So since I can enjoy my diamond as it is, I just don't worry about it until I find something I just have to have! I have thought a lot about a three stone myself, but I am concerned about the bling factor with an 8.4mm center.

I also think you need to decide on the style setting you want before contacting vendors. I think you only need to contact one. Here are my recommendations when that time comes. If you want a trellis setting and superideal cuts, go with Whiteflash for stones and setting. If you want one of Caysie's beautiful 3 stone settings, then use her for the setting and get your stones from a superideal vendor. I have several pieces from her and they are gorgeous. Victor makes some beautiful 3 stone rings, and if you can find the stones you want from him and like his setting styles, that would be outstanding, as well. Then I'd use David Klass for any other style. He's made many different styles and his prices are reasonable. You just may need to get feedback here on the CADs to be sure they are right.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I 100% agree with your last paragraph. One thing I have learned from being here a very long time is that many people change rings multiple times because they are trying to get closer to what they really want, but the temporary fix isn't it and a lot of money is wasted. If you have thoughts of upgrading your center stone, I would not do a 3 stone now. That setting and the side stones probably wouldn't even work with a larger center stone. The setting definitely wouldn't. You don't know what color that stone will be. Save your money. Get the main stone upgraded. Then after that, if you still desire a 3 stone, you can then save for the sides and the reset.

When I came to PS I was looking for an anniversary upgrade diamond. I went through two ideal cut rounds before I settled on the AVR in my avatar picture. I set that in my former solitaire setting (new head) since I didn't know what kind of setting I wanted. That was 7 years ago! I still don't have one setting that I am in love with enough to justify spending the money. I do not want to reset more than once! So since I can enjoy my diamond as it is, I just don't worry about it until I find something I just have to have! I have thought a lot about a three stone myself, but I am concerned about the bling factor with an 8.4mm center.

I also think you need to decide on the style setting you want before contacting vendors. I think you only need to contact one. Here are my recommendations when that time comes. If you want a trellis setting and superideal cuts, go with Whiteflash for stones and setting. If you want one of Caysie's beautiful 3 stone settings, then use her for the setting and get your stones from a superideal vendor. I have several pieces from her and they are gorgeous. Victor makes some beautiful 3 stone rings, and if you can find the stones you want from him and like his setting styles, that would be outstanding, as well. Then I'd use David Klass for any other style. He's made many different styles and his prices are reasonable. You just may need to get feedback here on the CADs to be sure they are right.

Well said. As always thank you for your wonderful insight!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!
I’m resuscitating an old thread and I hope you don’t mind. I’ve had my ering for a few years now and while I would love a larger center I no longer really think about it as much as I did. With that said, I have a milestone birthday coming up in the summer and while DSS finally settled the dream of getting a three stone ring has not.

I know we discussed getting .50 sides with my 1.02 center but I also like the idea of .30 on each side like you have suggested as well. My ring size is a chubby finger 5.75.

1) How can I get the most finger coverage where you don’t see any metal? 2) Also, can I get the side stones on a slanted look instead of straight across? 3) Perhaps center stone slightly elevated? Would that look nice? 4) or get a “jacket” with the two side stones to not fully commit to a 3 stone ring.
I have a bunch of thoughts in my head but sadly no photos.

Thanks for your input!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for the larger side stones for the BLING BLING look. I have owned both styles and while I really love the .33xt sides with my current 1.89xt center, for a 1ct center I really think you will love the bigger sides. It is also a very “married” look and the proportions Tiffany uses in their rings. It will make you very happy!

The small details you are talking about will be already considered in the design you choose… all the rings you included pictures of in this thread have lovely proportions and wrap beautifully around your finger. Choose a vendor you want to work with and go from there!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
or get a “jacket” with the two side stones to not fully commit to a 3 stone ring.

DK made a solitaire with a two stone wrap for a PSer. It turned out beautifully. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is. I don't think you posted a photo of your solitaire, so this might not work, but it's a great solution if it does.

Last edited:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Go for the larger side stones for the BLING BLING look. I have owned both styles and while I really love the .33xt sides with my current 1.89xt center, for a 1ct center I really think you will love the bigger sides. It is also a very “married” look and the proportions Tiffany uses in their rings. It will make you very happy!

The small details you are talking about will be already considered in the design you choose… all the rings you included pictures of in this thread have lovely proportions and wrap beautifully around your finger. Choose a vendor you want to work with and go from there!

Going with the bigger sides was definitely my first choice especially bc I thought you’d see less metal that way. I prefer no metal visible if at all possible. Im headed to Tiffany’s site now. Thx for your input!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
DK made a solitaire with a two stone wrap for a PSer. It turned out beautifully. I'll see if I can find the post.

Here it is. I don't think you posted a photo of your solitaire, so this might not work, but it's a great solution if it does.

I’d love to see that post. Thx

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think I’ve ever seen that thread before. Thx sooo much for sharing it.

What a beautiful set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results