shape
carat
color
clarity

Help buying small studs

da119

Rough_Rock
I’m looking for .5-.6 ctw studs and got in touch with ID jewelry. They told me that for .5 ctw, their natural earth-mined diamonds are non-certified but they will be providing a free appraisal signed by the in-house GIA Gemologist. I mentioned pricescope and they also said that Yekutiel will hand-select the diamonds to make sure I get the best sparkle. (And they do have an upgrade policy if I keep the receipt).

All of that sounded good to me, and I asked about the price for .6ctw. They replied that they don't have a .60ctw but they have this pair of .50ctw in stock and ready to ship.

Do you think these were hand selected? Or pre-set? How do they look from this pic and how can I tell anything about the quality of the diamonds? What questions should I ask?

I know these are small but it’s a lot of money for me- they will be my only pair and I really need them to be cut well and sparkle.

Thank you!!

79479B28-DCD6-4BC4-B373-DF38E99293B7.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Please check White Flash -

You are sure to find a beautifully cut pair of studs.

da119

Rough_Rock
Thanks, @Queenie60 . I was thinking I could get more bang for my buck at IDJ, and so many people here on pricescope recommend them. I think I will need to save a little more money to get the size I want from whiteflash.

So- the pair pictured don’t look great to you?

Please check White Flash -

You are sure to find a beautifully cut pair of studs.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's tricky to tell from one pic alone. You will definitely get more bang for your buck at IDJ vs. Whiteflash. I would personally be most comfortable with Yeukitiel hand picking stones vs. ones that are premade because he has a great eye. So if I were you, I would wait for the .6tcw that you originally asked for and make sure he pics them.

da119

Rough_Rock
Thanks, @lovedogs . They did say he would hand pick stones, but then came back with this pair (so I don’t think that he did). I guess I’ll ask again that he pick the stones and see what they say. I don’t want to end up with less sparkle just because I am an inexperienced buyer...

It's tricky to tell from one pic alone. You will definitely get more bang for your buck at IDJ vs. Whiteflash. I would personally be most comfortable with Yeukitiel hand picking stones vs. ones that are premade because he has a great eye. So if I were you, I would wait for the .6tcw that you originally asked for and make sure he pics them.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely ask for ones he specifically picked. Throughout my purchase experience with IDJ I always asked what does Yeukitiel think, has he chimed in, is the the absolute best price you can give me, etc? Don’t Be shy! They are used to lots of haggling. And confirm he has examined the diamonds. If need be, ask to speak with him. He’s a nice guy and no one will be offended if you want his personal assurances.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your dollar will stretch more at IDJ. If you want stones with a grading report, Brian Gavin Diamonds has sales from time to time on their small stones. I'd get on live chat & see what they could do for you even if there isn't a sale going on. :) Plus, they can get Stuller settings which might be a bit cheaper than their advertised settings.

da119

Rough_Rock
She says they were hand selected by Yekutiel. Should I ask for more info on the diamonds or just go with it? Nervous about pulling the trigger

elizat

Ideal_Rock
She says they were hand selected by Yekutiel. Should I ask for more info on the diamonds or just go with it? Nervous about pulling the trigger

I would purchase if they are what you want size wise, color and budget.

If you are open to lab grown, Lightbox sells very nicely cut 1 ctw for $1000. They are on sale at Bloomingdale's for less.

P

Petalouda

Perhaps you can go to Whiteflash’s website and see prices when you go down in color. I notice the the studs you posted are F color. You can go down to J/K and it hides color well. You may be able to get something in the G-H-I range for the same price. Good luck!

da119

Rough_Rock
The lowest cost whiteflash I can do would be around $1000 and their rep told me it would be for diamonds like this. Yekutiel can do closer to $600 for the pair above. Which would you all do? C0275403-C8A9-4D6B-A720-783C345894F5.jpeg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Da119, $600 vs. $1000 is a big difference and of course a lot of money to save. I have always felt that diamonds fall into the age old axion.....you get what you pay for”. Therefore, there must be a big difference between the two pairs. Good luck finding what you want.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I bought 1.00 tcw or .50 each from ID Jewelry I am thriilled with them. My BFF also bought 2.00 tcw studs from ID jewelry also from their stock and is totally thrilled. great vendor

QUOTE="da119, post: 4741507, member: 81132"]
I’m looking for .5-.6 ctw studs and got in touch with ID jewelry. They told me that for .5 ctw, their natural earth-mined diamonds are non-certified but they will be providing a free appraisal signed by the in-house GIA Gemologist. I mentioned pricescope and they also said that Yekutiel will hand-select the diamonds to make sure I get the best sparkle. (And they do have an upgrade policy if I keep the receipt).

All of that sounded good to me, and I asked about the price for .6ctw. They replied that they don't have a .60ctw but they have this pair of .50ctw in stock and ready to ship.

Do you think these were hand selected? Or pre-set? How do they look from this pic and how can I tell anything about the quality of the diamonds? What questions should I ask?

I know these are small but it’s a lot of money for me- they will be my only pair and I really need them to be cut well and sparkle.

Thank you!!

79479B28-DCD6-4BC4-B373-DF38E99293B7.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Your dollar will stretch more at IDJ. If you want stones with a grading report, Brian Gavin Diamonds has sales from time to time on their small stones. I'd get on live chat & see what they could do for you even if there isn't a sale going on. :) Plus, they can get Stuller settings which might be a bit cheaper than their advertised settings.

Also I always start my conversation with Yakutal Price Scope Quality :)

da119

Rough_Rock
Thanks. @WillyDiamond, you are probably right. Maybe I’ll ask IDJ for some more info about the cut. I am torn between wanting to buy them now with the money I have and wanting to get the best that I can. Also not sure how much of a difference I will see...

Da119, $600 vs. $1000 is a big difference and of course a lot of money to save. I have always felt that diamonds fall into the age old axion.....you get what you pay for”. Therefore, there must be a big difference between the two pairs. Good luck finding what you want.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. @WillyDiamond, you are probably right. Maybe I’ll ask IDJ for some more info about the cut. I am torn between wanting to buy them now with the money I have and wanting to get the best that I can. Also not sure how much of a difference I will see...

I don't think you will see a difference in stones that size to justify the cost difference.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elizat, you bring up a good point given the size, so the OP may get a good bang for the buck at IDJ.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
They are good. "Eggs" I love IDjewelry

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look so pretty with your ring! Enjoy them in good health!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful. I’m so glad you went for it!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
If I update my studs I plan to talk to IDJ as well. So many people have had a great experience! Beautiful studs - enjoy!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
AA34FDA8-1A33-4AFA-A429-D7CCADE1EF57.jpeg My first 91A1558F-2764-485B-BD29-592B56018AE9.jpeg ever diamond studs. I love them. Feeling grateful to have a little sparkle in my day in these crazy times.

Wow so lovely....any chance we can see ear shots??:D

da119

Rough_Rock
If I update my studs I plan to talk to IDJ as well. So many people have had a great experience! Beautiful studs - enjoy!!

I was so surprised how they were able to do this for me in my budget

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job! They are beautiful. Happy sparkling to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results