color
clarity

Help! AGS 1.77ct is this a good buy?

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
bcr83|1450300932|3962403 said:
Texas Leaguer|1450299007|3962385 said:
Unfortunately the various issues you are experiencing are common drawbacks of buying from virtual inventories. Since he doesn't own it and hasn't even seen it, the merchant cannot make any representations beyond the information they are able to obtain from their supplier. Nor can they even guarantee delivery. The upside is that virtual offerings are often less expensive than in-stock diamonds that have been pre-vetted, imaged etc.

It sounds like you are patient and not too upset about stones that are unavailable. It is most frustrating when you find one that seems to tick all the boxes after methodically researching it, only to find out it is unavailable. If you stay the course you will probably find what you are looking for. Also factor into your decision any value added and assurance policies that your merchant may offer.

Hi Texas leaguer,

Yeah I think what is making it difficult is firstly the supplier is saying the asets(above) for the 1.5 may not actually be for that stone as the owner has said he has not supplied asets (apparently)

White flash also mentioned that the 1.7 had a knot in the pavilion which could potentially develop into a cavity and just to be aware of that.

Really all I'm asking for is to be supplied with imagery so I can share with you guys online however the suppliers immediate discredit anyone on the forum. I'm not too fussed on that, I'll let the images do the talking however I am considering to cease dealing with this trader if they are flat out telling me they won't supply (or even attempt to obtain) asets or ideal scope images..

I believe it takes out a lot of the "what if's" out of virtual inventory purchasing and should be something a serious and credible trader should work with.

I am open to anyone else's suggestions on this issue and ways to proceed.

Thank you for all the input it has been very valuable.

I agree with Texas Leaguer about the knot on the pavilion - should be fine

bcr83

Rough_Rock
Sorry ADN, not to good with this quote reply function!

I had a feeling it still may be on the market as I checked another supplier.. I also thought of this too some Traders would be doing huge volumes and may see this as a time wasting exercise etc...

Not sure if you can make contact with your suppliers on this stone to see if they're willing to do the images as the supplier has openly told me it's not for sale.. If you can and your willing to sell me the stone then that's fine, I found it listed in many sites in HK & China as well as New York.

Price was as of early this morning total $21,800 AUD

Thanks

bcr83

Rough_Rock
:angel:

Whoops not a problem please disregard!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am just catching up and I hope you can get more info on the 1.7 SI1 and it all comes to a great end. Hoping you find a vendor that is helpful and can provide more info. Come back and tell us... ok, mostly me, what you end up with :bigsmile: with lots of photos.

bcr83

Rough_Rock
Diamondbug|1450366963|3962651 said:
Well I am just catching up and I hope you can get more info on the 1.7 SI1 and it all comes to a great end. Hoping you find a vendor that is helpful and can provide more info. Come back and tell us... ok, mostly me, what you end up with :bigsmile: with lots of photos.

Haha of course, still deciding on the old 1.5 (and trying to obtain images) and then based on price toss up between that or this 1.7..

Thanks for your help and observation on the stones, definitely helps in decision making process!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A reminder, trade may not give advice on stones at all on the forum and may not ask for users to contact them outside the forum. It's expressly against our policies. Please take a moment and re-read them for trade members who might need a refresher.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
If the vendor is lying to you about the availability and is sending you wrong ASETs then you need to find another one. They clearly don't have your best interests in mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results