shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Royal baby ...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She had really bad morning sickness, so that's another reason why I'm pretty sure it's a girl. Of course it's just an old wives' tale, but supposedly girls cause terrible morning sickness much more often than boys.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1374516862|3487796 said:
She had really bad morning sickness, so that's another reason why I'm pretty sure it's a girl. Of course it's just an old wives' tale, but supposedly girls cause terrible morning sickness much more often than boys.

Of everyone I know who has had absolutely wretched first trimester sickness (one to the point of throwing up at work until she had to duck into ED for fluids!), every single one had a girl. I am sure there are counter examples, but within my friends/family, the old wives' tale holds true.

Thought I could stay up for the monumental news, but it's 2:30 am and I NEED sleep. I just read somewhere that if the baby is born between 10:30 pm - 8 am, the news will not be released until 9 am. I have a feeling it will be released exactly as I nod off. :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1374517892|3487811 said:

Of everyone I know who has had absolutely wretched first trimester sickness (one to the point of throwing up at work until she had to duck into ED for fluids!), every single one had a girl. I am sure there are counter examples, but within my friends/family, the old wives' tale holds true.

Yeah, and all my friends who had baby boys (including me) felt great and didn't have an ounce of nausea or sickness. I wonder if there really is some truth to this. Female fetuses supposedly produce higher levels of hCG so perhaps that's it.

Get some rest, Ginger!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
This is a tad off topic, but how soon do the, um, baby parts form?
I thought it was later in the pregnancy?

If that's the case, how can the gender be determined by how the mommy feels? Especially since morning sickness starts fairly early in the pregnancy?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old wives' tales. I personally know at least 2 or 3 people who were admitted to the ER for horrible MS and had boys.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1374512943|3487756 said:
madelise|1374512326|3487750 said:
I love the royalty. Wish we had an official royal family for the US. I've never heard anyone else say they don't like the idea of a royal family..

I hope they give her a middle name of Diana

I liked Diana, she was so un-stuffy and really made an effort to introduce her sons to normal life. I've heard other people say that they wish the baby had the middle name of Diana, for a girl. However, I don't think the royals would allow that. The royal family needs positive PR, and think how embarrassing it would be for Charles and Camilla if the baby's middle name was Diana. And they are senior to Kate and William, being the next King and Queen. It's important for the royals that a positive image is maintained, so I don't think they would allow Diana to be a part of the name, seeing as the whole episode was so embarrassing and then tragic.

But Diana was William's mother so PR be damned, if he wants his future daughter to have the middle name be Diana, it shouldn't be a matter of if being "allowed". Their child, their choice, royalty be damned.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Feb03Bride|1374518519|3487821 said:
Smith1942|1374512943|3487756 said:
madelise|1374512326|3487750 said:
I love the royalty. Wish we had an official royal family for the US. I've never heard anyone else say they don't like the idea of a royal family..

I hope they give her a middle name of Diana

I liked Diana, she was so un-stuffy and really made an effort to introduce her sons to normal life. I've heard other people say that they wish the baby had the middle name of Diana, for a girl. However, I don't think the royals would allow that. The royal family needs positive PR, and think how embarrassing it would be for Charles and Camilla if the baby's middle name was Diana. And they are senior to Kate and William, being the next King and Queen. It's important for the royals that a positive image is maintained, so I don't think they would allow Diana to be a part of the name, seeing as the whole episode was so embarrassing and then tragic.

But Diana was William's mother so PR be damned, if he wants his future daughter to have the middle name be Diana, it shouldn't be a matter of if being "allowed". Their child, their choice, royalty be damned.

Aha, well that's the thing about having a royal baby - what the queen says, ultimately, goes. Fergie wanted to name her first daughter Annabelle but the queen said it was too yuppy. Both her daughters are named after historical princesses. And it's enshrined in an ancient law that the mothers of princes and princesses of the realm do not have the same maternal rights to their children as ordinary mothers. Diana was very frightened that her children would be taken away from her upon divorce thanks to this law. Of course, it would never have happened because there'd have been an outcry, but still...when you are giving birth to a prince or princess, the baby is not yours to name and educate the way you see fit in quite the way it is for ordinary parents. The queen must be consulted and if she wanted to veto Diana as a name, she absolutely could. She's the boss! The queen also told Kate not to start a family before all the events of 2012 were over, otherwise Kate said that they would have started a family together immediately after their wedding having been together so long. And William and Kate objected to being a duke and duchess, saying it made them feel ancient - they wanted to be known as prince and princess, but traditionally a dukedom is bestowed upon marriage and the queen had the final say on their title.

It must be great having all those riches when marrying into the royal family, but you do have to sell your soul a bit.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1374516303|3487788 said:
Why do I suspect it's so no one will photograph her looking even the slightest bit fatter than a stick insect?

Oh, no! Surely no-one could be that vain?? I go a bit stir-crazy if I stay inside for a couple of days, let alone six whole weeks!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1374518392|3487819 said:
Old wives' tales. I personally know at least 2 or 3 people who were admitted to the ER for horrible MS and had boys.

Yep. My aunt had zero morning sickness and had a healthy baby girl.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
IT'S A BOY! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

:shock:

What? :shock: I could have sworn it would be a girl . . .

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1374521175|3487855 said:
Why do I suspect it's so no one will photograph her looking even the slightest bit fatter than a stick insect?

Oh, no! Surely no-one could be that vain?? I go a bit stir-crazy if I stay inside for a couple of days, let alone six whole weeks!

Oh, I'm sure she can. She is constantly photographed as looking flawless and royals carefully control which photographs get in the press. But still, the only way to have complete control is to not go out at all.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
A big boy! 8lbs 6 oz :shock:

No wonder she wasn't gadding about....

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
So much for the morning sickness theory! :lol:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1374521762|3487864 said:

Oh, I'm sure she can. She is constantly photographed as looking flawless and royals carefully control which photographs get in the press. But still, the only way to have complete control is to not go out at all.

Kim Kardashian, the biggest fame wh*re of all, hasn't been seen since she gave birth to North. If she can do it, anyone can. :D

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1374521843|3487867 said:
So much for the morning sickness theory! :lol:

My older daughter had morning sickness during her entire pregnancy, and ended up with a boy, so, yes!

Never mind, not sure that was much clearer.... :rolleyes:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to change the way the succession worked after all....

Deb
:saint:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, a baby boy!!!! How wonderful! :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith, I hear ya on the yuckiness of royalty in 2013.
Plus, if you go back to the beginning of a royal bloodlines you'll find violence was used to 'become' royal.
It's not like a king descended from the sky and everyone worshiped him immediately.
The first person of a royal bloodline was not royal when born.
Royalty was made up and agreed with, an ugly, selfish, land, money, and power grab.

But, if each person should earn their wealth, the govmnt would have to confiscate wealth at death so nobody inherits anything from their parents.
Frankly I'd be fine with that, but I have no kids so I don't have DNA influencing my brain.

That said, I do like the show and fantasy of royalty.
I realize my perspective is a paradox, or just plain old hypocrisy.
Oh well.

I was hoping the baby would be a girl.
I'm sick of powerful men screwing up the world.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm shocked it's a boy. I'm not sure why I'm in complete shock because there was a 50/50 chance of it happening, but I'm stunned. I've been thinking girl this whole time. A girl named Charlotte to be exact. :bigsmile: I was wrong on so many accounts.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am shocked, too - I was sure he would be a she.

Regardless, I am glad all is well. Congratulations to the whole Commonwealth on the birth of their future king. :))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Feb03Bride|1374521865|3487868 said:
rosetta|1374521762|3487864 said:

Kim Kardashian, the biggest fame wh*re of all, hasn't been seen since she gave birth to North. If she can do it, anyone can. :D

yes but she was also nearing young killer whale size towards the end there. I bet her body is hurting right now from going through so much change.

And FWIW I didn't keep down a single meal for 35weeks with my son. My daughter was a breeze- no MS at all. I put little to no faith in old wives tales.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It must be great having all those riches when marrying into the royal family, but you do have to sell your soul a bit.

A life of great privilege as well as great sacrifice.

I look upon the wealth of the Royals as belonging to the nation. It's part of history and heritage.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
It's a boy! Well, damn. I was hoping for a girl. I'm glad the primogeniture laws are being changed, but a girl would have really sealed the deal.

Oh well, it's not the first time I've been disappointed with a penis.

I'm glad all are healthy. Mazel tov.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

I had morning sickness for 7 months and produced a bouncing baby boy.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The people I knew who had the worst morning sickness had boys. My mother said she felt worse when pregnant with boys than when she had me. So who knows.

Now who is going to place bets on the (boy) baby name?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as the usefulness of the monarchy, etc, when I was in Scotland it was sensibly explained that in the US, the president had to fulfill dual roles of both being a productive member of the government, but also be a figurehead/public figure/photograph well, while in Great Britain as the monarchy fulfilled the role of figurehead and doing the rounds of public appearances, the prime minister could better focus on doing their actual job. Having our president fulfill both jobs makes it less likely to get someone elected that can do BOTH jobs well.
At the time it made sense to me.

Plus, my daughter is really into princesses right now, and I'm glad to say to her there are actually real prince and princesses around.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1374592806|3488489 said:

I had morning sickness for 7 months and produced a bouncing baby boy.

One of my very closest friends, and the mother of my godson, had a similar pregnancy. I don't remember if it was 7, 8, or 9 months of nausea...although I bet she would...since it was not my pregnancy. But it was her second pregnancy and it was a doozy! You have my sympathy, Amber!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

whosurdaddy

Rough_Rock
I almost cried when I heard the royal baby was born. So happy for them. :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two daughters, no morning sickness with either.
I also carried in the front, which according to all my coworkers, meant a boy.

I find the royal family and interesting holdover from history. Well, that's probably not the correct way to say it, but it's how I generally think of it. It's also good to see when they support causes or charities. I'm sure an organization is very happy when it finds itself with the support of one of the royals.

I wish them well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results