shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Kitty Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Diamond fan:

Two HK pictures featured in the June InStyle magazine: one a diamond ring with a pink sapphire bow in hair, and the other a diamond pendant also with colored sapphires, pink bow in hair and pink necklace, and yellow sapphire crown on head. SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both advertized at Neiman''s.....

No doubt your pendant was admired by those of all ages!!!

cheers--Sharon

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I love this pendant!! Diamondfan, I wish my husband was like yours... I have been dropping hints for a while...

Even though I haven''t seen this pendant in person, it is a pitty that KLS would skimp on the chain... Oh well, just gives us ladies another excuse to purchase more jewelry!!!
27.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 11:01:55 PM
Author: Snooper
I love this pendant!! Diamondfan, I wish my husband was like yours... I have been dropping hints for a while...

Even though I haven''t seen this pendant in person, it is a pitty that KLS would skimp on the chain... Oh well, just gives us ladies another excuse to purchase more jewelry!!!
27.gif
I flat out TOLD him to get it...enough with hinting! He even went to look at it and did not get it immediately because he could not believe I liked it! (He said, it is like nothing I would ever think you would pick! Just goes to show) I do love it, and mine did come with an 18K chain, thankfully. This necklace cost a lot for what it was and to give a sterling chain was low, even for Kimora (who I think is nasty, I am sorry but I do...she has some nice stuff though!!) The chain was just too long so I am shortening it and wearing it now on a chain with little bezel set diamonds. It looks great. I love this chain and wear a lot of things with it, so til the other one comes back I will deal with it on this. I really love the crown and the that it is the princess kitty, I just think it is too cute...

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I have the one that retails for $995 -- got it a year ago.
The chain is 18k white gold.
The workmanship on it is total quality -- that backside of the kitty is actually really beautiful.
I love it!

NMJ5452_mn.jpg

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Diamondfan: I went back to Neiman''s and showed them the chain that came with my pendant and they were really apologetic and replaced it with a white gold chain, with the KLS logo id tag on the clasp. What they didn''t understand was that my chain wasn''t from the Kimora Lee Simmons line. It was a random sterling silver necklace on my pendant.

Please don''t flog me but I bought a fake Diamond by the Yard necklace and I love it. It''s a white gold chain with 14 bezel set cz''s and it looks adorable with the pendant. Very girlie.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no issues with cz''s! I just would not want someone to give me cz''s and pass them off...I am glad they replaced the chain. the website definitely shows a ball chain and they say it is sterling, but I like the cable chain in 18K with the little HK charm on it. Much better. I pick mine up tomorrow...so I am excited, though I like mine on the bezel set diamond chain too. My chain has the stones set very close together and I love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY8927_mp.jpg

Well, if this isn''t the cats pj''s........from NM website

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMJ5457_mp.jpg
too much fun, really

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMY8440_mp.jpg

this is the one I saw in the JUne "InStyle" mag; again from NM website....aodrable!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love those pendants....they are sooo cute!!!
2.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like those chains. I guess I am strange but it seems like you could wear them with something more casual.

I have a charm bracelet that I just got but haven''t worn yet. I will try to post some pics later.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 1:48:53 AM
Author: diamondfan
Mara, if you go to neimanmarcus.com and then put Hello Kitty in the search...go to jewelry...it is a necklace, I think it is the Hello Kitty Princess necklace...

Roppongi...did you get the pink or yellow crown? I got the pink. Where did you get that chain? I have a really pretty short chain that has bezel set small diamonds in platinum...I put different things on it, so maybe I could use that. Kaleigh suggested a local place to look for a chain, I a thinking 18K white gold, maybe a similar looking with the balls or something. I just cannot imagine for the price that the chain is not gold. I LOVE THAT SILLY necklace. I seriously wanted it, I am 40 years old and I feel a bit silly but I love it! Kaleigh, I will wear it when we meet!

Diamondfan,
I felt the same way as you. I am 42 and I love them too. I wanted to get the charm bracelet for my daughter until I saw the prices. So I got it for me instead.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read Kimora Lee Simmons (Baby Phat designer) makes the HK line of jewelry for NM. True? Curious - how big is the pendant from bail to bottom?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 7:19:36 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I read Kimora Lee Simmons (Baby Phat designer) makes the HK line of jewelry for NM. True? Curious - how big is the pendant from bail to bottom?
HI:

True. Don''t know about the size tho......

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it true, and I dislike her intensely and hate to think I am feathering her nest (like she needs it!) BUT I love it and had to have it. It is quite sizable, actually, there are smaller and larger, this one is in the middle...(I am like Goldilocks...I usually like the one that is just right!)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I am now officially LUSTING after the HK pendant!! The other day I went to NM and tried on the one Headlight posted above, and fell in love....that doesn''t happen often with me, believe it or not. It is soooo cute, dainty, yet very blingy. I also tried on the one DF has (larger one with pink sapphire crown) and although it''s gorgeous, it is $$$$$$ and seems a little big on me. I tend to wear smallish pendants.

I''m thinking I might drop a hint to DH that this would make a PERFECT 5th anniversary gft.
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I will hope he gets it for you! There were three sizes, one was WAY big and one seemed a bit small, so I opted for the midling one. I have to say I get a lot of comments and compliments (and I am sure some people are thinking why is that grown woman wearing HELLO KITTY for God''s sake...BUT I DO NOT CARE! It is fun, nothing more, and I think it makes a great conversation piece too. And, if it is still around when the time comes, I will give it my granddaughter God willing I have one!!!! (I collectied it over 30 years ago in California so it seems to have some staying power!) GOOD LUCK!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 12:26:07 AM
Oh, I will hope he gets it for you! There were three sizes, one was WAY big and one seemed a bit small, so I opted for the midling one. I have to say I get a lot of comments and compliments (and I am sure some people are thinking why is that grown woman wearing HELLO KITTY for God''s sake...BUT I DO NOT CARE! It is fun, nothing more, and I think it makes a great conversation piece too. And, if it is still around when the time comes, I will give it my granddaughter God willing I have one!!!! (I collectied it over 30 years ago in California so it seems to have some staying power!) GOOD LUCK!
Thanks, DF. I agree that HK has staying power and isn''t going anywhere. It''s as hot now with little girls as it was when I was a kid.
9.gif
So you collected HK too? I used to BEG my mom to go into the Sanrio shop every time we were at the mall so that I could try to wheedle some HK stickers or some pencils out of her. Hehe. My faves were the pencil cases and cute little erasers. I also loved Little Twin Stars, another Sanrio character (I think they discontinued them though, sigh). I wonder where my HK collection is now...probably long gone.
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved the little notepads and teeny pencils that a very small hand could hold. I collected it obsessively (like I do all things, you should see my Tupperware collection!) and we would trade and stuff, because certain things were less common and harder to get. I had tons of it. I think I remember the other thing you are talking about. I thought it was sooo cute, but then I would never want to TOUCH it. Sort of like those toy collectors who FREAK if you open the box...I just liked to take it out of my drawer and stare at it all and put it back...seems lame now!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. I was an OCD collector, too! I would obsessively buy and then squirrel away all my little HK things....usually writing utensil/stationery or stickers, and then basically just hoard them and just look at them for my own enjoyment. I never traded my HK things, though. I couldn''t bear to part with them. I did have a HUGE sticker collection though (non-HK) and I used to trade those on an almost daily basis with my little girlfriends. I wish I knew where that was now.

All this is bringing back happy memories of being a little kid, footloose and fancy-free!
9.gif
I wanna be 8 again!!!! Welp, I guess the only way to re-live my childhood is to convince DH that I NEEEED that HK necklace!!!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 12:54:09 AM
Author: KristyDarling
LOL. I was an OCD collector, too! I would obsessively buy and then squirrel away all my little HK things....usually writing utensil/stationery or stickers, and then basically just hoard them and just look at them for my own enjoyment. I never traded my HK things, though. I couldn''t bear to part with them. I did have a HUGE sticker collection though (non-HK) and I used to trade those on an almost daily basis with my little girlfriends. I wish I knew where that was now.

All this is bringing back happy memories of being a little kid, footloose and fancy-free!
9.gif
I wanna be 8 again!!!! Welp, I guess the only way to re-live my childhood is to convince DH that I NEEEED that HK necklace!!!
9.gif

What worked for me was the "It reminds me of when I was little and it makes me smile!" You have to understand, I got my ring within this year, and then had my son''s bar mitzvah and he got me a gorgeous diamond cuff and diamond hoops that have nice sized stones, and I do get little things here and there too, so it is not like I was missing out and really did not expect much.. Plus Mother''s day is not a biggie to him, thinks it is more contrived and not a sincere holiday, like be nice to your mom today even if you are not nice all the rest of the year type thing...(his deal, not mine totally)...so I really thought I was shootiing blanks about getting it. But truly, I saw it, and my love for it overcame my feelings for Kimora Lee...who, by the way, has a make up line now at Sephora...moguldom is on her mind for sure!) I like the crown, but the bows are cute too!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when you got the necklace for Mother's Day and how touched you were by the gift.
1.gif
Your DH has got to be one of the sweetest hubbies in the world. DH is riding on the wave of "I got you the 3-stone ring so I'm exempt from any further major purchases for the foreseeable future." Reasonable enough since we don't want to break the bank and his firm isn't doing so hot this year. I was definitely spoiled beyond all expectations by the gift of my Leon ring. But I can't help that I'm growing deeper in love (lust?) with this HK pendant! Must. Stop. Greedy. Jewelry-Coveting. Too bad it's by Kimora, who I still think looks like a drag queen...and is a total JLo wannabe. She might have been stunning as a teenager when Russell first started dating her (gross) but the woman is only 30 for Pete's sakes and is clearly way past her prime. Kind of odd for a model.

Anyway, back on topic. There is a reason why HK has ageless appeal...she's just so darn CUTE! Judging from what I know about you, DF, I'm *positive* that the necklace looks PERFECT on you. Hip, current, yet also classic and blingy.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am blushing, thanks! And if I must be honest, I basically TOLD him to get it. (Told him I am not buying his view of the Mother''s day holiday and that his view DOES NOT exempt him from giving a gift to the mother of his three sons!!! Model some good stuff for those boys is my motto!) But seriously, when I got my ring I got the same speech..."I have points in the plus column big time and you are done for a long time!" I ignored it. He now wants a gold rolex and when I went with him to decide yellow or rose gold and what face, I asked the sales guy to show me the rose gold in the mid size and said, just conversationally you understand, that I thought the watch was really pretty and liked the color on my skin. DH says, You are done. You have all the watches you need." Later in the car I said, Why would you say that in front of the guy? I am not asking for nor am I expecting it, but sheesh! And NEED has nothing to do with anything bling related, really, though I do feel the NEED sometimes...

I will hope and pray you get her...you are a sweet and geniune lady and if it makes you smile I hope you can have it on your neck soon!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, DF! I hope I get it someday, too. I admire your chutzpah in basically TELLING your DH what he''ll be getting you for Mom''s Day. LOL! But you have, what -- 12 to 13 more years of mothering experience than I do, so I get it. Hehe.

I''m already scheming about what I''m going to ask for (beg, really) for our 5th anniversary coming up in September, which is also 3 days before my birthday. Problem is, I''m torn between wanting an HK necklace and an asscher eternity ring, or antique asscher or EC RHR of some sort. But then again, since DH''s firm isn''t having a good year, I''ll have to keep it simple, so maybe the HK necklace will win out. Or maybe DH will nix that idea as well and want to keep it even simpler than that. Who knows!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was SO in love with HK stuff when I was a kid, and my parents wouldn't buy me a single thing. NOTHING. Not even a notepad or pencil. I used to play with it when I went to friends' houses and would be so crazy jealous. To this day I have never owned anything HK and I still have little-kid resentment about it! (That and the easy bake oven I never got...)
2.gif
Come to think of it, that ran in my family....my sister wanted a snoopy snow cone machine and my parents wouldn't buy that either...she bought herself one in COLLEGE. I think all us kids in the family have toy issues now. LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
KD, sometimes I treat dh like one of my boys...I am not ASKING YOU (to clean your room, to stop playing computer) I am TELLING YOU. Same idea!

Firegoddess, FYI Easy bake was yuck! A light bulb cooking a cake? But I know the feeling...We all wanted the Barbie Dream House or the whatever it was toy of the moment! You go get yourself one...you will feel better (but DO NOT EAT THE CAKE it is nasty)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 2:30:56 PM
Firegoddess, FYI Easy bake was yuck! A light bulb cooking a cake? But I know the feeling...We all wanted the Barbie Dream House or the whatever it was toy of the moment! You go get yourself one...you will feel better (but DO NOT EAT THE CAKE it is nasty)
That''s what my mom said. LOL.
2.gif
Why have a lightbulb make a cake when you can make one in the real oven? hehehe. If I''m going to make myself feel better about being deprived as a child, I''d rather start with a HK pendant.
31.gif
The Barbie dream house was another one...my other sister wanted that and didn''t get it...till 8 years later when she was too ''old'' to play with it. LOL.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DiamondFan: Since I am not using the HK chain, my salesperson told me that I could exchange it for the sterling silver link bracelet. It''s kind of cute, take a look and let me know what you think. The only thing that I cannot stand about sterling silver is that it tarnishes.

Roppongi

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol FG...i had the easy bake oven and the snoopy snow cone (MY FAVE!!!) thanks to good ole grandma. she kept them at her house and i wanted to go over all the time and play with them. i only made fake cakes though. hehee.

i also LOVED hello kitty when i was young and had all sorts of the original hello kitty stuff, and also little twin stars...remember them?!?!! i still love hello kitty, though i don''t buy anything for myself, i just buy stuff for my sister who loves it too...though now that she is 15 i kind of feel like i should be tapering that off, damn!!!
39.gif
how else will i get my hello kitty fix?!?!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Mara....that''s easy. The way that you get your HK fix is to meet me at Neiman Marcus in the City or Palo Alto and we buy you something from the KLS line.

:)))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results