shape
carat
color
clarity

heirloom: where to buy. Tiffany, Graff, HW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Since you do not seem as focused as you originally were, I think you might keep looking for such a special purchase. Both rings are pretty but I have seen some that were more interesting. Have you tried Edith Weber? Also, you might see if Sotheby''s or Christie''s are having jewlery sales soon. They often have outstanding estate pieces.

Both houses have experts who will advise you of quality and anything else you need to know to make an informed purchase, particularly since it is really the design and workmanship you are buying and not just a single stone. They are very particular in what they accept in their fine and magnificent jewelry sales and they get outstanding one of a kind pieces. They both usually have jewelry sales just before Mothers Day.

Many dealers buy their better pieces at thes two houses. Good luck whatever you decide.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 11:15:04 PM
Author: solange
Since you do not seem as focused as you originally were, I think you might keep looking for such a special purchase. Both rings are pretty but I have seen some that were more interesting. Have you tried Edith Weber? Also, you might see if Sotheby''s or Christie''s are having jewlery sales soon. They often have outstanding estate pieces.

Both houses have experts who will advise you of quality and anything else you need to know to make an informed purchase, particularly since it is really the design and workmanship you are buying and not just a single stone. They are very particular in what they accept in their fine and magnificent jewelry sales and they get outstanding one of a kind pieces. They both usually have jewelry sales just before Mothers Day.

Many dealers buy their better pieces at thes two houses. Good luck whatever you decide.
emcrook.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Ana--what do you think? Of course no one has seen the T & CO band which is quite something

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you need to go with your gut. You have seen it, tried it on and love it?? If you''re not sold on it, keep looking. But from your earlier posts, it seemed that you were smitten.
2.gif
Just my take on it.

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s so frustrating not seeing a picture of this beauty!

But from your description, the multicolored band from Tiff''s sounds so unique and special (it actually is if there are only a couple of them in the US!), I''d probably stick with my first impulse and go for that one.

Those bands above are fabulous, but to me not obviously "signature" pieces..

1.gif
widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2006 12:25:00 AM
Author: windowshopper
Ana--what do you think? Of course no one has seen the T & CO band which is quite something

No trace of the Tiffany one online... right?

For me it would be an easy pic because I like toned-down modernistic styles and colored stones... Very easy indeed. Besides, to have one done like that, it would take hunting down some fine sapphires and have them custom cut -
emcrook.gif
as you say. It isn''t even a matter of ''name'' anymore.

Of course both are very beautiful. Maybe knowing the price tag would finally awake the bargain hunter in me, but please don''t tell!
28.gif

Neither needs the signature to show they are special
9.gif
Not that it hurts ...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2006 12:37:39 AM
Author: widget

But from your description, the multicolored band from Tiff's sounds so unique and special....

... and definitely frustrating w/o something to look at!

Geez, now I'm starting to see inlays of colored stones infront...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish you could post a pic of this band. It''s one of 2 in the US?? Talk about a needle in the haystack, must be fabulous. You really have my attention now!!!
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2006 12:56:31 AM
Author: kaleigh

needle in the haystack

Well, such designs are just about as rare as the folks with the right disposition to pay for them - which probably means quite rare!
2.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 12:56:31 AM
Author: kaleigh
I wish you could post a pic of this band. It''s one of 2 in the US?? Talk about a needle in the haystack, must be fabulous. You really have my attention now!!!
31.gif
hi guys sorry i wasnt feeling well last night at all terrible allergies and thus my typical headaches this time of year.

The Tiffany band is deco derived. In the NYC store they had one ring (size 6) plus a pair earrings (fugly). Wide platinum band about 1/2" wide). Outer edge of band (looking down) has a row of 1 or 1.5 pointers then a bit of trianglular open space in between the spots where the "design" meets the outer row: these circles of sapphires, emeralds and diamonds. Sort of floral in feeling. The earrings are like the ring cut in two wide curving "huggies" of the same design. Two wide for earrings IMO. The salesperson searched and said he found one more in the US in a 7. I normally wear a 6/12 and the 7 was a tad lose but that way i can wear it on either hand....then again with rings of this cost maybe they say there are so few to get people thinking they are special

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
The two bands you posted are very, very pretty. I love the design of the diamond one! But if they did not really sing to you, perhaps it''s better to wait until something really does. Oh, I wish I could see a pick of the TCO one!

I wish you well,

Bridget

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I did see what I believe is the ring you are describing, either in Tiffany''s or in a photo. I know I thought it was drop dead gorgeous and if there are now only two in the U.S. it is also, unlike many other Tiffany pieces, unique.
It sticks in my mind somewhere. The two from Fred Leighton are lovely but I love colored stones in this kind of band. I did not give it a lot of attention because my fingers cannot accommodate a band that wide but it sounds like the way to go since it was your first love. Is there any chance that Tiffany''s will send you a photo? Or I may have seen it in an add. Perhaps you can ask them if there is a photo of the ring anywhere.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i am working on begging a photo--keep you posted

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome, cant wait : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 11:09:22 AM
i am working on begging a photo--keep you posted
36.gif
36.gif
we love pictures!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is.

Is there a penalty for preferring either of the Leighton rings about 50 times over?

newcolor.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
really you like the leighton''s better? why? i am kind of over this one..........maybe a bit prissy now that time has passed

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2006 9:25:59 PM
really you like the leighton''s better? why? i am kind of over this one..........maybe a bit prissy now that time has passed

Maybe ... beacouse I can name 2-3 designers doing similar styles (with lots of ''followup'') while that is not the case for the other two rings.
38.gif

... your initial description made me think (and dream of!) a certain type of invisible setting using calibrated colored stones used in high quality Deco jewelry. Not sure what I was thinking - the Tiffany name and the sense of rarity just brought that idea up. And the object is something else.

Nothing ''objective'' about it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
hmmmmmmmmmm back to the drawing board

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I really think it''s gorgeous. I haven''t seen anything like it and you said the workmanship was second to none. But, if you are having doubts then I''d say to wait or keep looking. But I love it. Just enought color mixed in with the diamonds to stand out as unique but not full color that I''d probably tire of..

widget

Ideal_Rock
hmmm....interesting!

Like ana, I was thinking of something different. The hazards of not seeing pictures and letting our imaginations run wild!
1.gif

I guess I was imagining something more random, or almost "tutti-frutti-ish" in the colored stone/diamond arrangement..

I can't tell from the picture...are the colored stones faceted or are they little cabochons? I'd probably really love it if it were the latter.

But don't listen to us! We haven't seen it in real life! If you love it, go for it! I certainly don't think it's "prissy"!

widget

ETA: Now I'm worried that we discouraged you! Mrssalvo is right. It is indeed gorgeous!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
the colored stones are faceted............it is gorgeous but also somehow a little sterile?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Sterile? Not at all!

For some unknown reason (my imagination run amok, I guess) I was thinking of something less "orderly"...stones of random shapes and sizes scattered between an orderly "frame" of tiny diamonds on the out side edges. You (and most people) probably wouldn't like what I was imagining, anyway!
9.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s fab, but you are the one that has seen it. It seems like you are not sold on it, at least that''s what I''m getting from your posts. Take your time, what if it wasn''t available, the last two were sold. Then how would you feel?? Only you know the answer to that!!
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I think it''s very pretty, but I would choose that all diamond band with the square cut diamonds over this one. Maybe not if I saw it in person, but who can tell!

I think that if you didn''t fall absolutely in love with it, then pass. Kaleigh is right, if you were told that they were both sold, would you feel very disappointed??

Let us know what you choose!

I wish you well,

Bridget

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i actually the the sapphire one best................but the sapphires could be a tad better

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous band! But I second kaleigh... if you''re not sold on any of them, move on! If you''re going to drop a good sum of cash, you should LOVE it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 11:52:56 PM
i actually the the sapphire one best................but the sapphires could be a tad better

I agree with the rest WS. sounds like none of them are "exactly" what you are really wanting. I would wait until you find it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
good advice folks. think i found what i am looking for keep you posted

widget

Ideal_Rock
. think i found what i am looking for keep you posted
Goody!!! Can''t wait to see!

Slightly OT: I WISH WISH WISH Fred Leighton put up their wares on their website. I almost fainted when I visited their store in Las Vegas! I couldn''t believe their inventory!!!

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results