shape
carat
color
clarity

heirloom: where to buy. Tiffany, Graff, HW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
wait til you see these........................

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
darn cant get the picture to load--

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 8:44:44 AM
Author: solange

..... the older unique, custom designed pieces that Cartier, Van Cleef, Tiffany and Harry Winston were known for. Their

Ok. agreed about that. Memorable design is not as much of a replaceable commodity as standard RBC 2cts.

And there is almost always a recognizable name attached.
12.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 8:11:23 AM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 4/20/2006 1:30:24 AM
Author: valeria101

Every time I a signed engagement ring priced a hair above the cost ...
good point Anna--maybe it wasn't after all. OR is it really only a hair more?

Well... I don't have a database to back the statement, only the personal impression from many examples. And at hand, there came one example. The stamp of the setting must have prevented the ring to be scrapped and the stone thrown back in the anonymous diamond pool. It is obviously a great baguette & round ring and would take a bit of looking around to obtain comparably nice work. But... the current tag comes quite close to what the diamond would cost nonetheless (42-47k, listed here). I wonder if this is not the case with signed 'stone jewelry' (wherever the main attraction of the piece is a large stone and its intrinsic value rather than the make of the piece). When the said stones are truly rare or straight irreplaceable themselves, the point is moot... of course. It is hard enough work to find anything of the sort outside respectable jewelry stores, and the exercise seems very akin to freelancing into a new career as precious stones buyer , rather than glamorous shopping.
38.gif
IMO, at least, and it should be a rather 'personal' way of seeing things - otherwise there would be no engagement rings sold by Arpels and Cartier
9.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
help--fred leighton sent me a photo that i want to post and it wont let me load it says something wrong with my file

widget

Ideal_Rock
ooooh I want to see it!!!
3.gif

Does it need to be changed to jpeg? Does it need to have its title changed? Size?

Maybe you could email it to someone else and they can try to post it..

widget

ETA: Or most obviously, maybe Irina can post it for you...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s belle''s tips for loading pictures

link

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Pricescope' (someone is online on the admin account right now) might help with this. Otherwise, send it to me.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
how do we email eachother anymore?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
windowshopper, you have to contact pricescope and then email it to them.

Do you have a mac or a pc? if you have a mac, i''ll have to double check but belle''s tips might need slight adjustments
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 9:48:04 PM
how do we email eachother anymore?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Ana to the rescue. I want to see this!!!!
39.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
okay--tried on the T & co ring today. Loved but maybe not enough..............Graff was rude rude rude and I wanst impressed with their selection. Fred Leighton has a zillion things. Sapphire ring is set in matte slightly blackened 18k white gold and the other is plat........diamonds

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Graff was rude, that stinks. How were they rude, what did they say?? I have only been there once.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:06:29 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yay, Ana to the rescue. I want to see this!!!!
39.gif

me too..

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif

DVCR.JPG

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
there were several people working in there doing nothing and i said i called earlier....looking for a band of square cut diamonds and yellow diamonds....tried to keep convincing me that 2 18k yellow gold bands with yellow rounds were perfect and they had them in stock even though the two they gave me were two different sizes...thoroughly annoying

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you are SOOOOOOOOO the best--what do you think? maybe less distinctive than the T & co but maybe wont get sick of (one not both)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both of them but I think the top diamond one would be my pick..they are both spectacular though..

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what you have seen at T&C ... there are plenty of nondescript styles on the list. The two rings in the picture are anything but.

The sapphire band is a dizzying sight!
3.gif
Even if I didn't know from your post that the setting is blackened gold - a good old favorite.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:19:55 PM
you are SOOOOOOOOO the best--what do you think?
I''d take either one in a heartbeat...I''m assuming that the sapphire band is brighter in real life? LOVE the square ECs in the diamond band!!
30.gif

WS....where do you live that you can visit T&C, Graff, and FL in one outing???
23.gif

widget

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:28:22 PM
Author: widget

Date: 4/20/2006 10:19:55 PM
you are SOOOOOOOOO the best--what do you think?
I''d take either one in a heartbeat...I''m assuming that the sapphire band is brighter in real life? LOVE the square ECs in the diamond band!!
30.gif

WS....where do you live that you can visit T&C, Graff, and FL in one outing???
23.gif

widget
manhattan baby

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two different looks, both are amazing. Guess my pick would be the diamond band, it''s awesome. The sapphire one is very pretty, but I''d get bored of it in the long run, JMHO.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:30:56 PM

manhattan baby
Lucky girl!!!

I''d probably pick the sapph band...although I admit it''s SO simple that probably only a gemstone nut like me would appreciate those perfectly matched EC sapphires!
23.gif
30.gif

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2006 10:39:49 PM

I''d probably pick the sapph band...although I admit it''s SO simple ...

... besides, the style doesn''t look as nice with diamonds, does it
2.gif
LINK

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:33:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
Two different looks, both are amazing. Guess my pick would be the diamond band, it''s awesome. The sapphire one is very pretty, but I''d get bored of it in the long run, JMHO.
the diamond band is quite something....guess i was looking for something more colorful for the other hand. the sapphire almost seemed slightly funky on...heavy solid. they actually looked pretty great together on my mile long fingers

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2006 10:39:49 PM

Date: 4/20/2006 10:30:56 PM

manhattan baby
Lucky girl!!!

I''d probably pick the sapph band...although I admit it''s SO simple that probably only a gemstone nut like me would appreciate those perfectly matched EC sapphires!
23.gif
30.gif

widget
so far you are the only sapphire voter--they are very blue and velvety--not so intense as i might like though but i know the material for smaller stones is not often the best

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance a version of the diamond ring with some color thrown in might be found?

Thinking of David Kodner's place ... maybe...

Your picture doen't quite show the weightiness of the sapphire band - the similar diamond ring does, somewhat
38.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
probably they would custom make it anyway i wnat but the diamond band is so elegant as is............the sapphire band is very heavy/chunky on the hand but in a pleasing way

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results