shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom stacking! ... (problem solved)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I love the way it looks with your wedding set. Enjoy!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am glad you were able to solve the problem
2.gif

The new band is gorgeous and fits in with the rest of your VC collection.
Congratulations and I just love it
41.gif

OMG !!!!

30.gif

I absolutely love it.... it is stunning...

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
Woo Hoooo LiB, what a stunning trio
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love the bamboo band, it has
a lovely flourish to it (have had
my covetous eye on it!!)

Great way to construct a ruby
wedding set, too. *Drool*

BTW am working on wearing off
the antique finish on the 958
(have even thought about committing
a crime with a US cleaner
3.gif
2.gif
)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I just love everything from VC! Your new ring is beautiful! I love all of your lovelies!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your new ring LIB and it looks wonderful with your set!!!
36.gif
36.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
LIB--what a gorgeous stack. Remember, when you run out of space on the Left, you still have more on the right...and then four more fingers...and toes... :D

kimiko

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice indeed! I love the contrast of the white and yellow!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments Julesbeth, chiquitapet, Bliss, Diamondseeker2006, MMMD, BrownEyedCountryGirl, Miranda, Catmom, and Tacori E-ring. Sorry I could get back to this thread faster!

StephensBride - Oh yes, I'm totally enjoying the yumminess! BTW, who is that sweet face you have in your avatar? Look at those pigtails ... I swear she looks just like me when I was a wee thing!

Angeline - Hey you! How have you been? Thanks about my new band! What is this I hear about you and a hypothetical 4ct round? I'm not as sly as you
25.gif
... you'll have all rock(s), whereas I'll have all metal
2.gif

bling addict - Thanks! I have always admired your screen name. Perhaps I should change my name to VC addict
31.gif
. I seriously do have a jewelry habit ... although I have so much fun and I guess it could be worse. Glad I could share with ya all the way in Australia
2.gif

krisvrn - Why thank you so much! It feels really cool to own something that can be described as elegant
16.gif

akmiss - Yes, I'm so glad I was able to solve the problem and I only got the band because it was completely practical, hehe
17.gif
. Thank you about my ring and my collection; I will entertain Lyra's request and post a family shot soon!

thekinglives - Oh my
6.gif
3.gif
! I hadn't thought about my new band buddying up with my ruby ring for a colorful wedding set. I REALLY like the way you think
31.gif
! I'll leave a note for you in the VC thread about the finish on your 958
25.gif
. This version of 920 happens to have a bright finish, no antiquing.

Kimikocat - Oooh yeah, plenty of space still left! And ya know, I think Larry did mention he made some toe rings in the 70s ...
10.gif

Diamond*Dana - I have never worn yellow gold by itself because it tends makes my skin look gray
14.gif
. Thankfully the contrasting mix of plat and yg is a solution I like very much!

Here is a family shot, just the rings:

LIB-VCstack-alltogether00123.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love every single combo you posted - not matchy-matchy but they go so well together. And the bird pics are so artistic! Are you in the arts professionally? 'cuz you definitely have an eye for composition!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you're so sweet blingergrrl. Yeah, options are goooood
3.gif
. LOL, I'm not in the arts professionally. For now I'm a biologist by training, but still and artist at heart! Would love to become a letterpresser someday...that could perhaps put my comp skills to good use!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
10.gif
30.gif

Oh LIB--your VC collection is STUNNING! I love the group shot. Your photography is lovely--I always enjoy looking at your shots. I LOVE the new band, and what a wonderful solution to your chill problem.
31.gif

30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that''s a solution I can get behind! Wow, I LOVE your new band! It looks fantastic with all of your rings! I think you''re going to have to change your screen name to VC Queen...or maybe VC Addict!
3.gif
Your collection is seriously amazing! You''re making me desperate for a VC band at the least!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much coatimundi ! Oh yeah ... now I'm totally happy when I'm chillin'
2.gif
. Nah, my pics are nothing compared to yours ... you're so creative and you actually have diamonds to show off
3.gif

Thing2of2, maybe I'm just a bit partial
16.gif
.... but I think you should try a VC band. They're fun to wear and tons of fun to play with! I was watching my dear friend's daughter and I ran both of my bands like wheels over a clump of play-doh. It made a really neat impression
37.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Love that band! The Van Craeynest styles remind me of the 1970''s fascination with all things Victorian/Edwardian. They have a very ''heirloom'' look that I really like.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 7:27:51 PM
Author: HollyS
Love that band! The Van Craeynest styles remind me of the 1970's fascination with all things Victorian/Edwardian. They have a very 'heirloom' look that I really like.
I enjoy the look too! Lots of websites describe the Van Craeynest bangles as 'heirloom wedding bands'. I definitely think that description very accurately describes the look of them, although when I originally entitled this thread, I had in mind the concept of an heirloom as something old being newly cultivated (as in heirloom roses, or even heirloom tomatoes, yum!). I especially enjoy the fact that this actual ring dates back so far (perhaps a century or more), and is still being made today. I believe VC mentioned he only started making that ring himself in the 70's; very keen observation HollyS!

I think this picture looks like it might have been taken in the 70's too! Another on some tail feathers
4.gif
:

LIB-VCstack 205.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
LIB, the new band is lovely and looks great with your set... you are getting some beautiful VC pieces lately... yummy!
30.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm old enough to have contemplated marriage in '79, and actually been engaged with an unusual YG set that was oddly old fashioned while being 'different' than the norm. I remember being very fond of what they called 'antiquing' which was a way of etching or carving a design that was then blackened to simulate age. I wasn't as fond of diamonds then as I am now; one of my HS teachers had a w-band of 'antiqued' YG set with oval garnets all the way around. I adored her ring.

I was amazed that both my sisters had WG sets in the 70's with a very traditional look. YG was the 'in' thing then; and the Victorian look reigned supreme.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 5:18:26 PM
Author: poshpepper
LIB, the new band is lovely and looks great with your set... you are getting some beautiful VC pieces lately... yummy!
30.gif

Thank you so much Poshpepper! I must apologize for not replying to your post in my earrings thread too. You are always so sweet and I
30.gif
love
30.gif
what you're doing with the avatars lately
2.gif

Date: 5/30/2008 5:23:28 PM
Author: HollyS

Well, I'm old enough to have contemplated marriage in '79, and actually been engaged with an unusual YG set that was oddly old fashioned while being 'different' than the norm. I remember being very fond of what they called 'antiquing' which was a way of etching or carving a design that was then blackened to simulate age. I wasn't as fond of diamonds then as I am now; one of my HS teachers had a w-band of 'antiqued' YG set with oval garnets all the way around. I adored her ring.

I was amazed that both my sisters had WG sets in the 70's with a very traditional look. YG was the 'in' thing then; and the Victorian look reigned supreme.
Well HollyS, I try and think of style as a timeless thing, so I feel like age isn't that big of a deal. Although I am turning 26 this year and all of my 30 year-old plus friends tell me it's a landslide from 25 to 30 [
6.gif
] . I'm definitely into the victorian look of certain pieces, especially the ones from VC. I like that the designs tend towards intricaty and are fascinating, which is probably why I'm enjoying this new band so much
16.gif

My victorian style dream would be the ring in the lower left corner of this picture, although I would love to own any/all of these someday
4.gif
:

VC_visit_LIB-trio.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT LOVE!!!!
face23.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
LiB, I know this is kind of late but I love your latest VC ring. Sigh.... their work is so magical.

One day...

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
The yg band is both so modern and yet vintage, love it!

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
it is so beautiful. I really also love your ruby ring.
3.gif

planet_jp

Rough_Rock
LIB - I LOVE your ruby ring - there''s just something about it that thrills me every time I see it. How does your new band look with it?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thank you all so much Skippy123, Angeline, Swimmer, gummybear (gosh I love that name!), and planet_jp !

Sorry I've been a stranger. I happen to like the band with my ruby ring
4.gif
:

LIB_YGrings043.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
It''s not as fun alone...

LIB_YGrings 044.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
But I do wear them together like this on my right hand
3.gif
:

LIB_YGrings 055.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
...and these are for Gummybear, Planet_jp, and all those who love rubies ... it's a small but fire-y one:

LIB_YGrings 088.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
... and I think the rings together would make a sweet and unique wedding set :

LIB_YGrings 082.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results