shape
carat
color
clarity

Heartfelt thanks to Whiteflash!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock

Finally, I’ve come down to earth and managed to think about writing my story about how the piece of bling arrived on my finger. Sorry it''s taken me 7 weeks since returning from vacation! I was so dazzled by bling!!!

I would like to pass on my sincerest thanks to both John and Denise at Whiteflash. If it wasn’t for them, then I am sure my fiancé and I wouldn’t have managed to sort out the bling on my finger during our recent trip to the States. Also, thanks to Pricescopers who gave comments on a diamond I decided not to buy in the end, we waited and got the right one. Thanks also to all Pricescopers who have input so much information and advice on Pricescope, which helped us make a wonderful decision.

As some of you may recall, my fiancé and I work in Saudi Arabia and planned to head to the States on vacation for 5 weeks (throughout July and early August). We were anticipating difficulty in finding the right diamond and setting during the timeframes we had available to us, ie 2 days in Seattle before we traveled through Washington, Idaho and Wyoming (which was a 2,500 mile round trip) and then just a further 2 days in Seattle before heading off on a trip to Mexico and Texas. To top it all the diamond industry was having a vacation during the first 2 weeks of July!

The morning after arriving in Seattle, we headed off to Bellevue and checked out three diamonds which my sweetheart and I had chosen to look at on approval from three Pricescope vendors. The three contenders were a 1.60ct, 1.70ct and a 1.78ct, all within the D-F color range and VS2 clarity with the best possible cut, within the price range of $15,000 to $20,000. We would have considered SI1 had we had more time to pick and choose, but with our timeframe, we couldn’t afford to take the risk of it not being totally eye clean (to us).

Tom (the Gemologist) at Elliott Gem Labs in Bellevue was extremely helpful and although he was of the opinion that all three diamonds were of exceptional quality, I think we were all totally mesmerised by the intense whiteness and sparkle of the 1.60ct, D, VS2 stone that, although slightly smaller than we had wanted, really stood out from the crowd. Tom’s initial reaction to the stone was WOW. I would have liked the 1.78ct F VS2 as it was slightly larger in size, but the price difference of $5,000 was rather too much for my practical mind to accept, plus it didn’t quite have that crisp intense icy white that was displayed by the smaller D color stone. The 1.70ct was beautiful, but lacked the intenseness of the other two. Tom, the appraiser, stated that he was surprised that the 1.60ct was the cheapest of the bunch as, in his opinion, it was exceptional. The whiteness and sparkle did it for us and we decided to go with that stone from Whiteflash (chosen from their Expert Selection). Although it was the smallest stone, just knowing we can upgrade later if it becomes an issue is a winner for us.

That same day (and the following day) we checked around a whole heap of jewelers to see what type of setting I would like. We visited EE Robbins in Bellevue and Brant (the Manager) was incredibly helpful. I liked a shared prong setting with diamonds most of the way round the band, which cost approx $2,500 plus taxes for a band with 2 pointer diamonds round it (G color stones). We then checked out Tiffany’s and again liked a 2.8 pointer shared prong band, but at $4,500 + taxes for the wedding band, it seemed rather expensive. We then got in touch with Denise at Whiteflash to discuss whether they were able to provide something comparable. Sure enough, Whiteflash could come up with a similar style. We chose to go with a matching wedding band too.

The engagement ring setting is platinum with E-F color 3 pointer ACA melee and cost $1750 (a substantial saving compared to similar settings in stores, but with higher quality and color diamonds) and a wedding band with E-F color 3 pointer ACA melee at $1550 (again a substantial saving). We chose 3 pointer ACA melee diamonds because we wanted bling rather than too much metal overpowering the small diamonds. Denise recommended a spacing bar in case the rings needed resizing at a later date, I’m glad I heeded this advise because I notice that I do whack the bottom of the ring a little more than any other part of the ring, even when just grabbing a cup of tea (I’m left handed). If I did anything differently today, then I would probably opt for diamonds just 50 percent round the band, just so that none of them could ever get bashed around the palm area of my hand, but it’s not a criticism, I ADORE my rings.

A big concern I had was that I wanted the two rings to sit flush. Denise advised me that this was not going to be possible with a larger (1.60ct) diamond, there would actually be a slight gap. We were a little worried about this but decided to go ahead as Whiteflash could make up the rings in 7 days, which we thought was fantastic, especially with our totally unreasonable timeframe. Personally, I have to admit that the pictures Denise sent me of the V shaped style of prongs didn’t really appeal to me, but my fiancé really liked them, so I decided to go with it.

On July 15th my rings were delivered to Elliot Gem Labs in Bellevue. We headed over there to collect them. I was very apprehensive about opening the boxes, I seriously had the jitters. However, when we did, I was totally and utterly dumfounded. Every reservation I had about buying from Whiteflash totally disappeared. The rings were the most gorgeous rings I have ever set eyes on. The sparkle, the quality, the total look, was amazing. I tried both rings on straight away and any concern I had about the rings not sitting flush, evaporated. They sat flush enough for my liking, the tiny gap was a non-issue. Unfortunately Tom Elliott was not available to appraise the rings (he was on vacation), so we had to find another appraiser, so that we could take the rings with us on our trip to Mexico (where we officially became engaged). We rang Deborah Wieditz of Sterling Gemological Services in Everett, who (thankfully) managed to fit us in for an appraisal so we could insure the rings before we flew to Mexico on the 17th. Deborah’s reaction at both my rings was that they were fantastic quality and she was very impressed to see that the ACA melee was in fact top quality and E-F color (totally colorless like the center stone). She was very impressed with the overall quality of the settings and diamonds.

All in all my engagement and wedding band came to just over $19,000, but it was money well spent and we feel we used the right vendor. Already we are planning on buying a matching eternity band from Whiteflash during our next trip to the States (next year).
Before I forget, specs…
1.6 carat
D color
VS2
Depth – 60.4
Table – 55
Crown Angle – 34.6
Pavilion Angle – 40.8
Girdle – thin faceted
Polish – Excellent
Symmetry – Excellent
Culet – Pointed
Fluorescence – None
Measurements – 7.61–7.62 x 4.60
HCA Score = 1.2

THANK YOU once again John and Denise at Whiteflash. You made our diamond buying experience a dream come true. You will always receive our highest recommendation. I can’t wait to wear the matching wedding band on November 1st, when we get married in Bahrain and then take an hour''s flight to Dubai for 10 days honeymoon at the Madinat Jumeirah resort. My heartfelt thanks to you both.

MinimouseJuly05.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
More pics which Whiteflash took before sending to me...

MinimouseB-05.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story and I imagine the nicest part of the job for the vendors
36.gif
Research pays, you did a great job and found a fantastic stone, congratulations
35.gif
30.gif
That diamond and the ring MEGA YUMMY!
30.gif
30.gif
Couldn't be better, just gorgeous!!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
and finally...

MinimouseC-05.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei,
I''m still on Cloud 9. Whiteflash made our dream come true and we were so worried as we had so little time to sort rings out. However, I think we did really good, thanks to the help of Pricescopers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not surprised MM - I am still emptying the drool bucket
31.gif
ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!! You did more than good, FANTASTIC more like!!!! It is so wonderful when it comes right!!! Many congrats to you both, watch for eyestrain ogling that beauty!!!!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
one of my favorite all time styles. congrats!!!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! They are gorgeous!! And definitely one of the most popular styles here on PS!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous set. Congratulations!

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous and stunning ring! It is so very beatiful.

I''m so glad that you had such a great experience with WhiteFlash!

They really are wonderful!

Congratulations!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Those rings are simply gorgeous. You guys did a great job picking them out, and WF (as usual) did a great job making your vision a reality in a tight timeframe. I would love to see hand pics if you could? Congrats and best wishes on your engagement. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Shay

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!! How beautiful! We want hand shots!!!! More pics are mandatory here.

It''s great to hear how impressed the appraisers were with your ring. Great job again Whiteflash!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Check out those arrows! Just lovely!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MiniMouse, I love your new rings!!!! That is a great story, congratulations!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful rings!!!! Happy Engagement!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Those rings are beautiful!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You''ve got a gorgeous ring.
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
It is amazing what pricescope vendors will do for their clients! - Given your time frame.
The value and quality with these vendors is also amazing.
I''m constantly impressed.

You''ve got a gorgeous set Mini. Good work!
Congratulations!
Go blind some people
2.gif

Scintillating...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that ring is stunning!! That stone looks very crisp...I love the specs on it too, very sweet. Your stone diameter is just like mine..yum! hehe.

I like the small space between the rings, wonder if it will save the rings from scratching on each other too much??

HAND SHOTS? Come on that can''t be it??

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are gorgeous!
30.gif

I love the size of your center stone and it''s a D too...WOW!
36.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set!!
And YEA HANDSHOTS!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Your rings are gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!!!

~P.S I can''t wait to see hand pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, simply stunning... adding my voice to the HANDSHOTS choir!!
36.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh MY- how beautiful.

Such a classic set. I love it.
Enjoy- what an excellent choice.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! what a gorgeous ring!!!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words. We really thought we were going to have a tough time working out my ring with such a short timeframe to work within. We were so glad we chose Whiteflash. Denise (poor lady) was run ragged with me trying to keep in touch via e-mail just as I was leaving Saudi Arabia for vacation. She phoned me while I was frantically trying to finish packing half an hour before I was supposed to leave, then we communicated via e-mails from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Airport lounge and then at Heathrow, so that we could decide which diamond to send along to the appraiser for my arrival in Seattle. It was a manic time, but Denise and John certainly came up trumps.

Although I chose a D stone, I don''t know if we would have done had we had plenty of time to look at different options (I was certainly very tempted to look at a 2ct J color SI1). Our problem was that we didn''t have time to check out whether we were color sensitive or not. We really had to err on the side of certainty due to time constraints. We went for colorless in the end, purely for our own peace of mind, as we didn''t have the time to change diamonds if we weren''t happy with say, a lower grade color. I know it cost us more for what is probably a minimal difference in look, but we didn''t really have time on our hands. I guess working in Saudi Arabia gave us the advantage that a couple of thousand dollars extra, wasn''t really as important as saving on time (which believe you me is so precious when you only return to the States once a year). You folks are seriously lucky in the US!

I absolutely adore my rings and love to look at other rings that are posted on Pricescope. I started out wanting a 3 stone ring - first with round diamonds, then princess cut. Then I wanted a cushion center stone, then an Asscher, however, now I''ve got my RB ring, I''m incredibly happy and know I made the right choice. I feel like a pig in mud!

Thanks everybody, if it wasn''t for you, then I know I wouldn''t have my dream rings. You''re all the best
36.gif

Oh, I forgot... fingershots? Well, none at the moment, but I''ll do my best this weekend (the Saudi weekend is Thursday and Friday). I''ve had my hand trapped in the scanner, hoping for pics that ''would do'' for now, but the darn thing isn''t working (won''t save anything to jpeg). IT people are due out tomorrow morning to fix it.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
Congrats!!
emotion-19.gif

Beautiful!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
perfection! can''t wait for those hand pics....even if they are from a scanner!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results