shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart ring ideas...

I actually decided to leave it as is! The gap is so very tiny to the eye when I have the ring on my hand. The more I look at it, it actually looks intentional to me, like it was meant to follow the flow of the open metal work of the scallops on the sides. After thinking it over, I didn’t want to ship the ring back and forth, have the center stone unset and reset, just to fill the tiny gap. I think I was just expecting it to be one way, but once the surprise wore off, everything is fantastic and I love the ring!
Thanks for asking :))and sorry to derail your thread for a moment!
I’m so excited for you to have this ring in the works!! It‘s going to be incredibly gorgeous!! :love:

Well you know I felt the ring was already perfection, so I'm glad to hear that! I think sometimes we're also extra critical of a piece when we first receive it (just out of heightened anxiety), and then we settle into the piece and appreciate its own unique personality. Wear that beauty in good health and happiness!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well you know I felt the ring was already perfection, so I'm glad to hear that! I think sometimes we're also extra critical of a piece when we first receive it (just out of heightened anxiety), and then we settle into the piece and appreciate its own unique personality. Wear that beauty in good health and happiness!!

Thank you!! :)

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missed out on the design phase but it will look amazing!

I agree with being very intentional about where the colors are placed. For a RBC or step-cut, the eye/brain automatically "completes" the silhouette of the center stone but for a fancy shape like a heart, you want to be careful not to obscure it.

I think it's going to be great and will sparkle like mad!

Missed out on the design phase but it will look amazing!

I agree with being very intentional about where the colors are placed. For a RBC or step-cut, the eye/brain automatically "completes" the silhouette of the center stone but for a fancy shape like a heart, you want to be careful not to obscure it.

I think it's going to be great and will sparkle like mad!

Where have you been, sir? We missed you! :wavey:

Agreed... this is why I made the stone at the cleft a bit smaller than the rest (trying to exaggerate the shape). Hopefully it pays off, because, as of now, it's antagonizing my OCD. :roll:

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
For options 5 if you would like to go ombré colors here is an example I created with ombré blue sapphires. The shades are from lighter blue to royal blue. I used at least 10 different shades to create this halo.
I believe if you use diamond melees it will be more difficult to get the color shades and saturations to be ombré.
89058667-3B7E-4567-AC7F-288036F3A3DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 0098783B-02D9-4589-B8E6-91DC925C1184.png
    0098783B-02D9-4589-B8E6-91DC925C1184.png
    571.8 KB · Views: 20
For options 5 if you would like to go ombré colors here is an example I created with ombré blue sapphires. The shades are from lighter blue to royal blue. I used at least 10 different shades to create this halo.
I believe if you use diamond melees it will be more difficult to get the color shades and saturations to be ombré.
89058667-3B7E-4567-AC7F-288036F3A3DB.jpeg

This is STUNNING (as are all of your creations)!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed... this is why I made the stone at the cleft a bit smaller than the rest (trying to exaggerate the shape). Hopefully it pays off, because, as of now, it's antagonizing my OCD. :roll:

It will be awesome and I can't wait to see it!

I have been away and will be away for a bit -- initially fun travel but then a tragic injury to a close family member (not our immediate family) has thrown us all for a loop.

I hope I don't miss the debut but will try to check in. Or maybe I'll find that I need the distraction here. I love your creativity, your "eye" for color and top gems, and your perfectionism. But then again, you'll never wear it so who are we kidding? :cool2:

But then again, you'll never wear it so who are we kidding? :cool2:

First, lol.

I have been away and will be away for a bit -- initially fun travel but then a tragic injury to a close family member (not our immediate family) has thrown us all for a loop.

Second, oh dear. I won't pry, as I'm sure you'll share as you see fit. But I'll be thinking of you and your family, and hoping for the best possible outcome. :pray: Sending healing thoughts, gentle hugs, and positive energy!

First of all love the look of the FCDs! I think I might have a different opinion about the arrangements, if yellow is the color that will pop the most I would have it in a way that outline the shape of the whole project best, i.e with it on the bottom point of the heart (as in the second combination). But that’s just what I think without visualization of the real thing, I could be wrong:D

Once I actually started playing with the stones in person, I found that you were right about the yellow needing to be at the point. It just looks right to my eyes, so I've switched everything back. And I might also use a 2mm at the cleft (rather than the 1.6mm). We'll see how it goes! Hopefully we'll have a CAD in the next couple of weeks. :dance: Anyway, thanks for pointing it out!

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to threadjack Autumn, but may I ask where you source your fcds from? I'm thinking to do a pink halo around my tiny lil paraiba, but have absolutely no idea where the ballpark price for pink diamond melees are.... TIA!

Sorry to threadjack Autumn, but may I ask where you source your fcds from? I'm thinking to do a pink halo around my tiny lil paraiba, but have absolutely no idea where the ballpark price for pink diamond melees are.... TIA!

Oh awesome! Yes, I purchased them from Langerman (they're in Antwerp). Ask for Laura. :mrgreen2:

[email protected]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results