carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, glad you left before Ian came through. Is your dad okay? Sounds like a good idea to head out when you did but wow what a long trip home. I understand these things. Did Liam bring home chicken? That sounds wonderful. I've got a roast in the crock pot and potatoes baking the oven. Wish Marty would get home from the gym.

That's funny you took extra suitcases with you so you were prepared to bring extra things home. The car worked out well.

Yay for having some orders to pack up.

I do have the website up and running. It sure doesn't have as much on it as before, but it works. Cyber crime is nuts! I don't have the mindset to be dishonest.

Ooh that is very exciting news on the job front. I am so excited for you! And 12 days until bonus. Awesome!

No word on the biopsy, the doctor's office called yesterday and wanted to know if I'd had the biopsy yet so they scheduled me a follow up appointment next Thursday. So I have to wait a week now. Phooey.

I slept in this morning. It was great. I haven't slept that well for weeks. Probably my new stars / moo Cuddl duds PJ's that fit me were why. Ha!

Marty's brother had a seizure today. His sister caught him and his is in the hospital, incubated and still seizing. Doesn't sound good at all. Marty is lost about what to do. His sister is there and a wreck. I think he just hung on for the family vacation, they say people do that. Pretty awful all the way around.

I had a 25% off coupon for Penneys so I picked up seven items for an average of $15 a piece. I got a few warm tops, sweatshirts and one pair of pants. I have to go back and get a larger size on two of them and return one of them. I've lost two of the four pounds I gained on vacation - I'm sure it was wine weight not from food.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy bonus day kids! Money is In The Account!!!

Curby, keep me posted on what the doc says. I'm sure you'll hear today. I'm afraid to get on the scale as I've been a bit bad lately. Maybe I'll give it another few days... Is Marty thinking of making plans to go to his brother? I'm glad you got the website back up and running. How is Mini Me 2 coming BTW?

I think today needs to be a day of cleaning up around this place! Suitcases emptied, laundry done, an attempt at a closet clean out, and much much more! I also need to wear the pair of jeans around the house that I bought and see if they grow as the day goes on. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews until after I got them, but they were expensive enough that if they do get bigger and bigger I will take them back to the outlet store here.

Alright, off to work on some things!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Welllllll... I didn't get nearly as much done yesterday as I'd planned. Is that any surprise?! But in a burst of late evening motivation I washed up a bunch of glasses that are ready for to be photographed, so that's good.

Tonight is a friend's birthday and he's all hot to trot over deep dish pizza. We just had it last week for Liam's birthday, but I guess I'll be doing it again. These Chicago people just looooooove their deep dish!

Fall seems to have arrived. Personally I love it -- October is usually my favorite month! Days cool enough to wear jeans and a sweater are just fine with me!

Official offer came in from Big Bank #1 yesterday. I went back to them with a bunch of questions to buy a little time to see if Big Bank #2 comes through, but if push comes to shove I'll take the offer from #1 unless their answers to my questions come back differently than I expect. The biggest sticking point is they consider themselves an in-office company, although every person I've talked to there says it's manager discretion. I am not committing to five days in an office downtown, but I will do three since that's what I used to do at my current company anyway. I also want assurance they have no problem with my Etsy store or my real estate business, which could be potential issues as they are both outside activities that produce compensation. I guess we'll see. The good news is I did get a raise in both base and bonus at my current place so if I end up staying at least I'll get paid more to do it!

Alright, off to get this show on the road early!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you spend your bonus yet? Sweet! Good plan to push back with questions with bank #1 to buy time to wait on bank #2. That's great you got a raise at the current job in case you end up staying there. Decisions, decisions.

Sadly, I won't hear from the doctor, they called and scheduled an appointment for Oct 6, but my BIL passed away tonight so who knows when or if I'm headed to Virginia. Marty flew out there this morning.

The revised website looks pretty simple, but it works. It covers the newsletter, links, info and contact info.

Did the jeans grow on you? I hate clothes like that. Speaking of clothes, I picked up several things from Kohl's today so I'm good for awhile now.

Did you enjoy some deep dish pizza? I tend to prefer thin, crispy crust. I've been hungry for pizza, I might make some mini ones up tomorrow and freeze all but one of them.

Mini me has been mostly ignored lately. I best get busy on that This part time job keeps me busy. I did finish the book I started on vacation.

We are having fall like weather too. Chilly and rain. I picked up quite a few sweaters and sweatshirts plus a few pairs of pants.

I dropped Marty off at the local airport at about 5:30 this morning. I didn't sleep well either. I'll probably crash by 9 pm.

I completely spaced out getting the October newsletter done to post for the astronomy club so I knocked that out this afternoon.

Marty did call for a few minutes. He had no idea the family was waiting for everyone to get there before removing his incubator and tubes. He said he never wants to go through that again. I feel bad for him and his family.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I'm so sorry to hear about Marty's brother. Please give him a big hug for me.

I think it's "good news" that the doc scheduled your appointment a ways out. If they were really worried I imagine they'd get you in right away. The jeans did indeed grow on me. There is an outlet mall with that store that I could swing by on my way back from downtown later... but I'll likely save it for another day. The deep dish last night was good, but I at wayyyyy to much of it. I'm with you though -- thin and crispy is definitely my preference!

Yesterday I got pics taken for a dozen listing and they are all queued up so I can post a couple a day this week. My sales this past few weeks have been slow and I've only got one set of candle holders to pack up as of now, but maybe some other orders will come in today. And one of the boxes I scheduled for a pick-up by USPS has never shown up on tracking, although the other one that was picked up at the same time was delivered several days go. I really really hope it pops up tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to go to the local post office later in the week and see if they can tell me what's going on. Ugh.

Better get going, have to get in the shower and find something to wear for today. I'm not sure what the weather will be so I have to plan for everything!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks - I will give Marty a hug when I see him. I'm okay unless I talk to him. Still don't know details on anything or when / if I'm heading that way.

Darn those growing jeans. Good plan to return them. Glad to pizza was good. Funny on crusts - I like thick crusts okay as leftover cold pizza but not so much the thin and crusty.

I wish it was good news about the appointment versus my biopsy, but they scheduled the follow up appointment before they were expecting to get the results. I know - or hoping anyway - this is probably my imagination, but each day I notice more and more little things in my neck and throat. I'm drinking water and it seems like it's hard to swallow. When he scheduled the ultrasound after finding the lump, he asked - do you have difficulty swallowoing and does your throat hurt? I said no. My constant dry throat I attributed it to allergies. Am I looking too closely or it's things I am used to so don't notice anymore? I also logged in to their lame patient portal and couldn't find a damn thing. I see when my follow up appointment is scheduled. I'm worried I'll have to fly out east for the funeral and then need to reschedule my appointment. I just want to know!

I checked out the new stuff on your site last night. Wow, 18 pages. I was thinking your basement got to be stacked to the roof with everything you have in inventory. You have some cool stuff. I hope that other package shows up in tracking soon. I still have one pair of Snoopy PJ's out there in deliveryland somewhere.

I was in bed by 9:30 last night and slept until about 7 this morning. I had an extra blanket on and woke up too hot about 2 am. I cranked on our furnace because it's rather chilly this week.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kid!

Just a quickie as I've got a slew of stuff happening this morning. Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done!) as I really am sure if there was something urgent your doc would have scooted you right in. The basement is indeed stacked high... as is the dining room... and a part of the family room... and... and... AND! I told Liam if I take a new job I want to build in a week off to just work on listings!!!

Alright, training, then calls, then more training, then more calls. Off I go!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, so are you saying the collection for your shop might wind up as an episode of Hoarders? Ha Ha. Good idea to take a week off and organize and list everything between jobs. Good luck making a decision on that!

Have fun training all day. I have a haircut on tap for today and of course work.

They still don't know when the funeral is scheduled, I really, really don't want to fly out there but I want to go to the funeral. I generally fly first class since I have nervous bladder and a bad knee. Looks like those seats are already full. Ugh. I don't relish leaving my car in the local parking lot at the airport but will do so if I have to, I could drive the pickup there but me parking that sucker is another thing. And I know it will coincide with my doctor's appointment. I'm full of angst and worry. Breathe, I have to do that as a stress relief rather than stress eat. Ha Ha.

I was bored out of my tiny mind yesterday. I even watched some football which I haven't done since I quit my old job that was heavily involved in sports.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, Liam and I joke all the time about the hoarders film crew showing up at the front door, peeking in, and then the sound of wheels screeching as they rush about out of the driveway in fear! I'm jealous of your haircut. I'm not sure how much longer I have to grow mine to have the requisite length to cut it for the donation, but it's taking For.Ev.Er. Stress breathing instead of stress eating -- ha! I'm all for stress DRINKING! Any luck with finding a seat yet?

Yesterday I did a whole lotta nothing, although two people did come into my office and complain about the company and tell me they are going to look for a new job. One lady in finance was disappointed with the raise given across the board to everyone with a certain title, which was allegedly benchmarked based on an industry survey. Well she HAD the industry survey, which is published, and called their bluff and said she wanted what the survey actually said. They were like, alright, we will bump up your salary to what the survey indicates, but next year we will reduce your bonus by that amount. So net net she's at zero $$$ gained, she's now p!ssed off, and the d!ckishness of the whole thing makes management look bad. Talk about a no win situation. My boss is also raving mad because he didn't get the MD title, which I have to say he sorely deserves. There are A LOT of politics going on right now and if he came into my office any day and said he's leaving I wouldn't be surprised one single bit. Frankly I think he should. Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear back from the Big Bank on my questions from last week, I'm losing hope on the second Big Bank being able to get their act together in time, and I told the regional bank sure, I'll talk to the COO again, just so I have something live should I decide it doesn't matter WHERE I work as long as I don't work HERE.

Ugh, I hate to start the day in a bad mood! I'm going to talk myself into an attitude adjustment in the shower and have a smile on my face when I step off the elevator in my office!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too funny the hoarders would run away after peering in the window. Could happen. Good luck getting your hair long enough. How many more inches does it have to grow? My hair grows really fast. Right now I'm keeping it kind of level with the bottom of my chin. Still can't see my earrings, but I know they are there.

Guess I'm not going to the funeral. It's Friday - sadly that's Marty's birthday - and my appointment is Thursday. I think it would have created some problems logistically there too. Marty's folks are in a hotel and Marty is staying with his sister in her RV. Not sure her RV could take three people for a few days. He also didn't rent a car as his sister is hauling him around and they pick up Marty's parents. I feel awful I won't be there but am relieved I won't have to get late reservations. Marty said he is looking for tickets to come home Sunday.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of people will be exiting your current company. I believe, it's a justifiable exit. Hurry up Big Bank offers for Dee! Did you get out the of the shower with an attitude adjustment? I'm not doing well on that this week.

I woke up about 2 am again and watched the ceiling for a few hours. Finally went back to sleep about the time to get up. I need to add that to my list for the doctor on Thursday.

I worked about 6 hours today. It's chilly here and rained a bit. I am picking up a friend of mine and her dad to go out to supper. He's be dying to have a ride in my car. His wife is meeting us at the restaurant after work so will take them home with her. It's a Mexican food restaurant - well because it's not only Taco Tuesday but Taco day. Who knew?

I had a grapefruit and toast for breakfast and a banana, 1/2 of a PB sandwich and a piece of cheese for lunch. Saving calories / room for chips, salsa and a taco.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I sent the Hoarders team your direction. Be sure to record their reaction when they peak in the windows. Ha Ha. Then again, our back bedroom has so much stuff in it, I bet it sunk the foundation a few inches already.

Marty must have hit the brink today. He sent me a text at 4 pm saying he hasn't been this drunk in a long time. Almost four hours later his sister sent me a text that he is really drunk and hiding in the bathroom. He's going to feel like crap tomorrow. Poor guy. I am sure he's been trying to take care of everyone else. I did mention to him that I found drinking was the LAST thing I should do after my parents died. Each to their own, though.

I've been making a list of questions and of my psychosomatic symptoms to take with me to the doctor tomorrow. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I wasn't retired for 7 1/2 hours today. Then I lifted. I screamed like a girl when I walked in to my gym in the basement and saw a big, snarling bug on the floor in there. I am sure it was so big it could bark. Marty's putter took care of it. Then I dropped a one pound weight on my toe. Luckily it was only one pound.

Now, I am goofing off and watching TV.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the big snarling bug! I accidentally dropped the spinner thing to a tape dispenser in the trash bag last night and when I looked in to retrieve it there was a spider. The whole bag, spinner and all, promptly got tied up tight and taken out to the garbage. And then I had to McGyver a new solution so I can still get tape off the role, ha ha. Poor Marty... I can't even imagine. And yes, it sounds like there's a hangover in his future. Let me know what the doc says tomorrow.

This morning I got up early to have a call with a recruiter at a large investment firm. Everything was going fine until she got to the part about SEVENTY FIVE DIRECT REPORTS. I was like... "'scuse me? I SURELY misheard you... ?" No, I heard right. SEVENTY FVCKING FIVE. Yeah... NO. I don't think so!

The rest of the day just evaporated. I took pics for some listings, had two work calls, went to the post office to drop off packages and find out what was going on with my missing package (the manager there was absolutely useless), and to the grocery store to get stuff for the roast I'm putting in the crockpot tomorrow.

In the morning I'm doing the super early thing for an estate sale. It's a private one rather than run by one of the professional companies so who knows what prices will be like, but I'm hoping for the best!

I need to decide what to do with Ross. Still waffling between shiny bezel and matte bezel. Your input will be required!

Off to bed so I can spring up at the break of dawn and go buy some MORE glass!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am with you throwing things out along with those evil, biting, snarling spiders. Flying bugs startle me and I always jump. Hence the bath I took in wine at the beach house. You can always buy another tape dispenser.

Marty did not feel bad today. He said he really didn't drink that much but hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. I guess they are all going out for supper tonight.

What? You don't want 75 - count 'em - 75 direct reports? I hated having five. Good call to run away from that one.

Has the missing package shown up yet? I remember that other one finally showed up and was delivered okay. Hope this one is the same.

How did your crockpot roast turn out today? I went to Perkins after the doctor and had their burger, fries and pie meal. I brought home a piece of apple pie for supper. Picked up my drugs to keep my BP down. I definitely have white coat syndrome and took my BP before I went to the doctor. It was once again pegged. Luckily, I tracked it for about 2 1/2 weeks and wrote it down. He was thrilled with that - he asked if he could keep it in my file to document he didn't need to council me on my BP. My numbers were fine other than the one before I headed out today.

Without seeing Ross with shiny or matte bezel, I'm guessing I'd prefer matte just because it is a darker color. Of course, I might change my mind when I see pictures.

Did you find wonderful and affordably priced treasures at the private estate sale today?

I did talk to Marty for awhile after I left the doctor's office today. He was describing how awful it was after they removed the incubator and equipment. I told him just give me a teddy bear and leave me alone. Ironically, I once again signed papers at the doctor for no heroics if I have one foot on a bar of soap and another one on a banana peel. No thanks!

After I ate and stopped at Walgreen's I came home and decided I'm done working for the day. Ha!

I have googled everything on my results report. The spot could still be cancerous but probably only pre-cancerous at worst. I am sure I'll have to get it surgically removed either way because it is so big and I am definitely feeling it pressing on my throat. Naturally, I consulted Dr. Google about that. I already have a big scar on my neck, why not have two? They can go in through the ear or mouth but I'd rather just make it easy as possible. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I didn't even ask about the other nodules I have on the left side of the thyroid. I imagine I'll need occasional checkups or ultrasounds to keep an eye on them. The knot in my stomach has subsided anyway.

Laters!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm super relived about the medical results, and I think once you get the second set of analysis things will look even better! I hear ya on the no heroics. Once I get one foot on that banana peel, please, someone give me a nice swift shove! I'm glad -- and surprised -- that Marty didn't have a hang over today. No word on the missing package and I am swiftly losing hope. I did file a claim online, but I'm pretty sure it's gonnnnnnnne...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops -- didn't mean to hit the button yet!

Anyway, I read your post to say you ate supper at Walgreens. I was like... How does that work? She just went to the candy aisle and started opening peanut butter cups and popping them in her mouth? :lol: And then I reread it. Now I understand, LOL.

The estate sale this morning was a sh!t show. I got there super early and the usual crowd arrived shortly after. Well the lady who runs the company came a bit after that and b!tched at everyone because someone had been there the day before and was peeking in the tents. That had nothing to do with those of us who were standing around this morning though... ? Long story short, I did get in and buy a bunch of stuff at an amazing price, although someone did snag four of my wine glasses off the table that was reserved for me and then later claimed it wasn't my table, even though my NAME was one it. Ironically when I was checking out the lady in charge told me she knew exactly who that was and she had forgotten a vase she'd paid $60 for. Karma, baby, karma! And remember when I was all verklempt over the only thing I wish I'd never sold? Wellllllllll... today I found two of them, in two different colors!!! And now I'm thinking, do I really even want this? They are pretty valuable and, more importantly, I don't know where I'd even PUT the stupid thing. But I'm not going to make a hasty decision on these sets and then regret it AGAIN.

Tonight I need to wash up a slew of stuff so I can get on the picture taking wagon early tomorrow. Mid-afternoon I have a zoom with the COO of the regional bank where I'm going to turn down the job for a second time. It's looking more and more like I'm staying put. Ugh.

Alright, off to clean up the crockpot (finally put that roast in!) and then wash some glasses. Another exciting night here at The North Estate!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

I survived another day of hard core listing! Now I need to do some serious washing so I'm ready to hit it hard tomorrow. Liam also stopped at a church rummage sale and brought me home another box of glass. Do you see how this is all a giant snowball?!? :lol:

Had another call with the regional bank today. The COO flat out told me he "didn't want to lose me" so he's trying to get appointments set so I can talk with the head of sales and the bank president next week (hopefully). I have a renewed good feeling about this. But not counting any unhatched chickens!

Liam and the ferals just pulled into the driveway. Party's over...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday I took a bunch of pictures and *planned* on washing stuff for today in the evening... but I just didn't have it in me. As a matter of fact, I was upstairs IN BED before eight. Yes, really! Then Liam scared the living he!! out of me a couple of hours later. I was dead asleep with earplugs in and he woke up to ask if I wanted to come and see Jupiter through the telescope that YF had out in the yard. It took me a while to go back to sleep (of course) and this morning I didn't get up until after seven. Apparently I was worn out!

I washed up some glasses, packed up two orders, and swung by a couple of estate sales on my way back from running the boxes to the post office. While I was out I had four sales, all of them pretty big, so now I'm banished to the basement in a sea of bubble wrap and boxes. Liam and the ferals are at a laser tab birthday party in the suburbs so no idea when they'll be home. I'm currently taking a break to have some preosecco and a dinner of cheese and crackers and a peanut butter keto bar.

As you can see, the excitement ABOUNDS here at The North Estate!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Wow, I am behind in our daily blog.

Dee Jay, LOL to someone give me a shove when I'm on the banana peel. Yep, my sentiments exactly.

I hope to hear the results of the second tests early this week but we'll see. Either way, that sucker needs cut out. I met a friend for lunch today and we talked for about two hours and I started getting so hoarse I was losing my voice. No way am I telling Marty that - he'd take advantage of that for sure. Ha Ha.

LMAO at eating my supper of PB cups at Walgreens. That is kind of what I did today - not PB but I sure ate food that I normally don't. I had two homemade biscuits for breakfast, half of a individual pan pizza for lunch, a glass of wine and some warm chocolate chip cookie that wasn't warm but we still ate it. Supper was popcorn and a piece of candy. I'll have a food hangover tomorrow.

Wow, that estate sale sounds like a sh*t show. Ha Ha to karma baby - love that when someone gets a visit from good old karma. Nice you found two of those things you wanted. Now you can decide what to do with them.

Interesting the bank wants to acquire your services. Money talks - are you listening bank? I am sure you'll figure out exactly what you want to do and it's not like you can't change your mind some other day. Good luck making a decision.

I do see how the glass collection quickly snowballs. Keeps you out of the bars at night and washing dishes.

You did go to bed early. When I try that I am staring at the ceiling at about 2 am.

So the YF has a telescope? Sweet. Did you go see Jupiter? What telescope does he have? I will text you a link to some of my "stuff" online on my astronomy club website. Glad you slept in. I was up before 6 am today.

The excitement does abound at the North Estate. Sweet. I'll have to go see your new listings.

After my appointment Thursday I kind of goofed off the rest of the day. I went out for lunch, did some shopping and just watched TV the rest of the day.

Yesterday, a good friend of mine decided to work from here so she could keep me company. We played cards in between her calls or my articles. I ordered in lunch for us and she stayed here until about 4 pm.

This morning I went grocery shopping, ran the Curbymobile through the car wash, topped off the gas tank and cruised through the park to see the lovely fall leaves on trees. I met a friend for lunch and then had some articles to proof for tomorrow. My sister stopped by with some artificial flowers, dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls for us as condolences gifts for Marty's brother. I did try one of her dinner rolls but ran the pan of heavily frosted cinnamon rolls across the street to a family with several kids. Marty rarely eats sweets and I shouldn't eat them and I am not a fan of frosting.

I hadn't told either sisters about my thyroid so I let the one who stopped by know so naturally I had to call the other one and let her know. I refrained from telling them because the one would freak out and the other one would give me the Spanish Inquisition about it. Oh well.

Tonight I wanted Maverick again complete with a big bowl of popcorn. I had to proof one more article and will get ready for bed soon.

Tomorrow I have lifting on the agenda and picking Marty up at the local airport about 9. I think I'll make up a sign that say "Putz" to hold up as he's coming in the airport. Ha. I do crack myself up. I sent him a meme today of his killer rabbit and a bear that said "We're glad your coming home tomorrow, Marcy is high maintenance". He said his sister is really having survival guilt and keeps saying she could have done more. I worry about her since she lives alone and travels around in a RV. There isn't a thing anyone could have done to change the outcome of lung cancer. I think I'll kind of bug her to come stay here for a while.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm glad Marty is coming home today because I'm sure the killer rabbit and the bears are tired of you by now! :cheeky: Good call on giving away the frosted cinnamon buns... although I would have had to try at least one before I headed across the street with the pan! YF tried to take a pic of Jupiter, but it was with his phone through the telescope so it's not very clear. I can see the planet and four moons though, which is quite cool. Yes, if you send me a link to the blog I'll share it with him -- I think he'd LOVE it! He's actually has an interesting array of things he likes, like geography and astronomy. Maybe he'll grow up to do well in college and then comes out with a useful job! The other one... no hope there... LOL.

Last night I was just finishing up packing the four big orders when Liam and the ferals got back. I told him I need to have an "administrative day" because I've got listing pictures and drafts backed up about twenty deep and I need to sort it all out before I lose track. Hate to do that though because taking pics can only be done on the days I'm here and at limited times due to the sun moving, so we'll see. Maybe I'll just do photos of the stuff I have on the counter right now and then start on that sort of thing. Also super happy I'm off tomorrow too!

YF needs some wood dowels, a hot glue gun and some cardboard for a school project. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get "volunteered" for a trip to the craft store so maybe I'll pick up a few fun props while I'm there. No idea what this project is BTW I guess I'll see it as it unfolds!

OK, off to show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure the killer rabbits and bears are sick of me by now. They "complain" to Marty all the time how mean I am to them.

That's great you could see the planet and four moons. You'll have to catch Saturn too; the rings are neat to see. I will wait until my IT guy gets home and renews that darn certificate before I send you the links to stuff. Nice to hear the YF is interested in some things; I hope he continues exploring things like that. I got a D in geology in college. Once I got in to astronomy though, I sure wish I'd gone to class more than a few times that semester. Oh well, what I learned post college was interesting.

Did you get a lot accomplished today? How was the trip to the craft store?

Speaking of crafts, I remade the floral arrangement my sister brought us this morning. She had 7 large roses in it with baby's breathe and it was too big for the entryway table or bottom of the fireplace. I thought the flowers were too tall as well, so I pulled everything out and trimmed about 3-4 inches off the bottom, put it all back together with the marbles and left 2 of the roses out. Then trying to decide what to do with them, I finally put one on each side the flag I have in a case from my dad's funeral. Looks perfect with it. Knowing that sister, she'd be irritated I threw them out.

I did some laundry including washing our bed sheets and the tablecloth. I worked about 3 1/2 hours and even grilled myself a little steak for lunch.

Last night I did watch Maverick (again) and had popcorn for supper.

Marty is on his way to Denver right now. He bought wifi so we are chatting. I told him I got so hoarse yesterday I lost my voice for a while. He wants me to invite my friend over to visit before he gets home. What a brat!

I considered running my rings to the mall to turn in for sizing but that sounded like too much work. It is nice out today though. I have maybe 4 rings from Kays and 2 from another mall jeweler that I can get sized. I really need to get my rings to that store in Denver but the interstate is such a travesty between here and there now. Too much traffic and tons of construction. My car doesn't go very fast either.

Speaking of my car, did I tell you I can't get is serviced until November 30? WTH? I found this funny. I keep getting emails saying that the time to join the lawsuit / settlement for the emissions deal with Audi and Porsche will be closing soon. It says this is confidential - so how do they know if I filled out the forms yet or not? Like I told Marty, I'm not filing a complaint - I didn't buy my Macan for fuel efficiency.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy holiday Monday kids! (Of course that doesn't apply to those of us who are RETIRED -- yes I mean YOU! :tongue:)

Curby, is Marty happy to be home now? Good idea to rework the floral arrangement. The trip to the craft store started with a trip to the hardware store (Liam's brain child, not mine) and THEN ended up with a second trip to the craft store. Why, oh why, don't the men just listen to us in the beginning?! Anyway, YF got his project done and he's pretty happy with how it turned out. I managed a little cleaning up and other stuff that didn't involve taking pictures yesterday, and I think I'll do the same today. LOL on not buying a Macan for fuel efficiency -- whenever I go in for the annual $625 oil change and Liam balks I remind him no one ever bought a 911 to save money!

It's only 6:30 and I've been up for ages. The big dog was disturbed by something in the yard last night so he's been woofing off and on since two. I'm ready to strangle him. And of course Liam slept right though all of it.

One of my goals for the day is to take BR for a ride. I though about it yesterday afternoon, but it was pretty late by then and the deer would have started coming out so it didn't seem like such a good idea. I also need to keep going down the cleaning up / organizing path, although there is one listing I do want to get pics done for so I can store all those pieces downstairs.

I'm honing in on a design for Ross, but I'll need your input. I'll send pics via text and we can discuss! In the middle of the night I also started looking at opals (again), but I really think I'd need to see the stone in person. No idea where that could happen though, unless I luck into one at the next gem show in December. Hmmm...

Might as well get in the shower because I'm obviously not going back to sleep at this point!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, not only am I #retirednot - there is no such thing as a holiday with this job. I worked 7 1/2 hours today.

Glad you enjoyed a holiday. Marty kind of took one today too. Poor guy is drained. He got my email working but wasn't the happiest person trying to fix it. I am sure I was a bundle of joy after my parents died. NOT.

Guys don't listen to us because they don't believe we know what we are talking about. You'd think they'd learn, but they don't. Glad YF got his project done. I think our website is working again but I'll check it again tomorrow before I send you those links.

So true, no one ever bought a Porsche to save money. I am not looking forward to the 20,000 mile maintenance. I was considering calling around to the Denver Porsche dealers to see if I can get my car serviced before November 30, but they probably cost more and I hate that traffic. However, I could get my rings dropped off that way too.

As for the saving money comment - that is exactly what I said when we went to Pebble Beach. We ended up renting the large BMW SUV just because the car we rented couldn't hold Marty's golf clubs. I said "well we didn't come to Pebble Beach to save money".

Oh no to the dog barking most of the night. Sounds like my neighbors. I can't sleep through it either.

Did you take BR for a ride today? I took the Curbymobile out as well. Picked up Marty's prescription at Walgreen's. Wow, what a line too. I figured it was my payment for how long it took him to fix my email. Then I went to two dry cleaners to drop off Marty's jacket and tie to get cleaned and pressed and both of them are gone. I guess I haven't had to drop off anything for a while. I'll have to find another one in town.

I will watch for pictures of Ross. I like opals and pearls, but I'd never wear them. I am easily entertained - I want something that sparkles. Are you thinking regular (white opal), black opal? Do tell.

I was up before 6 today as well. Marty did go to the gym bright and early. He said he's out of sort getting back in to a routine. His plane landed about 9:15 last night. He had a very rough week.

I worked most of the day other than running errands. I grilled some steaks for us for lunch and made mashed potatoes and a salad. I didn't eat all of it so had an instant replay with leftovers for supper.

The radiologist called to schedule appointments for a mammogram and bone density test. I didn't request them and don't know why my doctor ordered them, but decided they are both not a bad idea and I may as well since I am sure I'll be closing in on reaching my deductible for the year so why not?

I keep hoping to hear about test results #2 but nothing yet.

I did work on mini me #2 last night. I've ignored it a lot lately.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, LOL on NOT being retired! I didddddd take BR for a ride... and came home to a bit of a disaster. While I was out cruising around the long rack along one side of the closet came down, yanking all of the brackets out of the wall as it went. Ugh. So I put the clothes on the bed, which meant we got to sleep on the couches last night (Liam in the living room, me in the family room). I was up from about two to four... and then my alarm went off at five. Double ugh. I'm so tired right now I could crawl under my desk and take a nap. Any word on results #2? How's Marty doing?

Nothing exciting here, just working. That part where if I don't show up at the office then the pay doesn't show up in my bank account is kind of a bummer.

Back to the grindstone...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, nice to take BR for a spin. Vroom Vroom. Holy crap the mess you came home to though. Doesn't sound fun or a pleasant way to sleep. You had a very short night. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

Darn that pesky have to show up to work so you can get paid.

Marty is still pretty frazzled and worn out. I texted his sister quite a bit today as well. I worry about her since she lives by herself.

I was up before 6 today. I did work until 4:30. Remember one of the reasons I bought this new laptop was because I crashed out of their website and lost about 90 minutes of editing? Well, guess what? It happened again and it's obviously their site not my laptop. Ssh, I won't tell Marty. Aak. I decided 7.5 hours was enough for today.

I did venture out to pick up lunch for us at Culver's. I didn't even notice their flavor of the day. What's up with that? Wind is kicking up now and it looks stormy out west here. Some ghosts are out on the deck having a blast in the rocking chairs.

I picked up some chicken tenders at Culver's for supper. I will make myself a bowl of fruit to go with them, followed up by some ice cream.

No word yet from the doctor. I logged in last night their lame health portal. His notes from my visit last week are pure fiction. WTH? I told Marty he must get paid by medicare or something counseling us old people on health and well being. I thought of asking about it when he does contact me about the test results but I guess I don't want to tick him off at this point. I definitely want to find a different doctor down the road.

I'm wearing my ruby halo ring today. You know, my mini me version of yours.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I can't believe your new laptop is doing the thing your old one did! Technology really sucks sometimes. I spend an alarming amount of money at Culvers, especially if I'm getting food for all four of us. Any word from the doc yet? And agreed on patient portals being lousy. I remember looking at mine one time and I couldn't decide if it means I was A-OK or going to be dead by sundown!

Yesterday was meh. My boss is riding me about the annual review and I just simply CAN NOT motivate myself. Of course I WILL get it done... but not any time soon... The COO's assistant at the regional bank is (hopefully) going to reach out today so I can have some final in-person interviews. C'mon lady, hurry up!

I spent a good part of the evening looking at 3-D printers online. I'm pretty sure that's what #1 and #2 and I are going to get dad for x-mas. Leaving a techno moron like me to do the deciding is probably a bad idea... but here we are LOL.

Alright, off to run to the salon to get some shampoo and then have a little lunch. And THEN... The. Annual. Review!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it was the company's website / server than locked up, not my computer. Lucky for me. I did get the new monitor today. It is bigger and I spent well over an hour getting it set up brightness and contrast wise. It's close to what I want anyway.

I agree, Culver's isn't cheap and prices certainly went up. Of course, seems like everything costs more. Phooey. But some of those flavors of the day are pretty tasty.

No word from the doctor but I googled how long that other test takes and it could be 3-5 weeks. WTH? I also saw comments it can give false positives on cancer. Double WTH? I logged in to our insurance and see the doctor charged me a higher fee than normal for the medicare wellness check. Really, that's not the appointment I scheduled. I feel like he noticed I am on medicare plus insurance and decided to pad the bill. And i hear you on thinking based on the doctor's notes I'm history.

You'll do that annual review when you are darned good and ready. So there! Did you hear from the COO for a final in person interview?

Did you find a 3D printer? How fun.

I got up about 6 today and feel like I was a hamster on a wheel all day. I did brown the ribs before I stuck them in the crock pot. Thanks for the tip - they seemed to come out better this time. I didn't get showered and dressed until well after 8 but have no idea why it took me so long, Then ran to the store about 9 to get some things. Worked until about 12:30 and finished cooking lunch. About then the new monitors showed up. Marty got mine set up and installed but it was really washed out so I spent lots of time adjusting it. I think it's better. It is definitely a bit larger and sharper than what I had.

I worked until almost 6 then and had to lift. Supper was a bowl of fruit, a cheese stick and a PB sandwich. Then I worked some more.

My sister-in-laws and niece picked up my BIL's ashes today. Marty told me his wife, kids and my SIL are all getting jewelry made with some of his ashes. I'm like "ewe" no way in hell. Don't expect me to do that.

Oh well,
Guess I'll venture off to bed.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, when I kick the bucket please feel free to NOT get any jewelry made with my ashes! :o You are working more than I am LOL. Maybe my boss should hire YOU to do the annual review! :lol: WTH indeed -- both on the length of time for results and the charges from your doctor. That's why our medical system in this county is so screwed up; because people do stupid sh!t like this! Seriously, just charge what it really is and then folks wouldn't have to go back and forth and get all those reductions and everything else. When you and I are in charge of the universe we'll fix this!

Yesterday I did get some work done... but not until pretty late in the day. And I've already done a few this morning, sitting here on the couch with my coffee. So we'll call that progress.

Today Liam and I need to go to the closet store and see what we can do about the disaster upstairs. There's a local place that has closet stuff, but I think we're ultimately going to end up at The Container Store down in one of the local suburbs. Frankly though I don't care WHERE we go as long as this problem gets solved.

I've got zooms set up with the head of sales and the division president tomorrow and the COO and I are going to get together when he's downtown next Monday/Tuesday, so maybe this will finally move along. Then again, maybe they won't make an offer I'm happy accepting and I'll just keep doing what I do. I guess we'll see!

Better get upstairs and take a shower. I want to go through some more clothes and sort them out for the Salvation Army since I'll be right over there anyway when we go to the closet store. It's always an adventure here...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will definitely NOT get jewelry made when you kick the bucket - make sure no one does the same when I kick the bucket. Gross!

Deal, that when we rule the universe we will fix the stupid things that continue to go on and on. Some of this stuff you can't make up!

I did work 8 hours today and could have worked more. But decided that was enough. We have a busy project that will keep me occupied for sometime. I think they are hiring temp workers to do it though. I did quit for an hour for lunch today.

Did you and Liam find what you wanted to fix the closet? That sounds like a chore.

I will be anxious to see how the meetings and potential offer work out. Such excitement.

Good idea to donate some clothes. I need to make another stack as well. Yes, some clothes are getting too big already.

I made tacos for lunch today. Worked and even started some laundry. Tomorrow is Friday yay!

Any estate sales or auctions tomorrow?

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, you are the incredible shrinking woman! Do you have an end point in mind or you're just going to see where things settle? As I've mentioned, I HAD an end point in mind (and I'm there) but would love to go down another ten. Not sure how that's going to happen though, LOL. Another eight hour day?! You're going to be CEO there soon. Told ya so! :lol: We had tacos with the ferals last weekend and they were pretty good. I need to remember to pick up another packet of spice mix for the next time the urge hits so I have it.

The closet outing yesterday was successful in that we did get a closet design set up... but all the components won't be in until the 26th. I naively thought we'd leave there with all the stuff. Nope. So when we got home we moved everything off the bed and into the ferals' closets for the time being. Oh well; it is what it is.

No estate sales or auctions today, but I still have a ton of listings I took pics for last weekend that I haven't even set up yet. There's a local auction here tomorrow and they've got some glass showing so I'm sure I'll come home with something. A lady bought twelve glasses overnight so I need to get those shipped off today. I keep waiting for the x-mas rush to hit in earnest.

Some company in the UK wants to interview me next week for a Chief Compliance Officer position. All the meeting requests were in London time so I had to do some hard thinking to figure out when they would be. I don't really think I want that job, but there's no harm in interviewing, especially since nothing is assured with the regional bank. I'm really really really hoping that all gets worked out next week, one way or another!

Alright, off to the shower. And then to move some more things around in the dressing room area since it looks like we'll be limping along for the next two weeks with the current disaster situation in the closet. Super... NOT!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is awesome you reached your end point. Congratulations. I can't say I have an end point in mind but I was thrilled to get where I did a few months ago. I'll just keep plugging along.

No thanks to being CEO and running the place. I like being a worker bee. I did work almost 8 hours again today.

I like tacos - they are good and easy to fix and everyone can build them exactly the way they want them. I made mini meatloaves today and had enough left for supper.

Glad you picked out what you guys wanted for the closet but darn they won't be ready until the 26th. Good plan to hang up the clothes in the ferals room. When we had our carpet replaced in the closet and bedroom we had to move all the clothes to the bed in a guest bedroom. What a pain. A group of hanger is such a PITA to carry too.

Nice you made another sale - oh no - Christmas will be here before we know it. NOOOOOOOO!!!

You don't want to commute to the UK for a job? Marty enjoyed all the Thai and Indian food when he was going there for work. It's a LONG voyage though. You may as well interview though.

I met Marty for breakfast today after he was done with the morning gym crew. I didn't start work until about 9:30. Our internet went down for about 90 minutes so I just hooked up to my phone's hot spot.

We have friends coming over for cards tomorrow night and they are ordering in Door Dash for us. Strange, eh? It'll be fun anyway.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results