carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sweet our landscape has arrived. How many styles have you come up with so far? It looks quite lively and lovely!

That is awesome you are in play with three big banks. Good deal the first bank within an hour from you has another position. Good luck with that.

Sweet you got to buy what you wanted today at the estate sale at half price even. It's pays to be a good customer. Do you wear gloves to wash all that glassware?

Yay for the newly acquired 944! Pictures? LOL to looking like a Car Max. That was my house growing up. My dad had three vehicles, my mom had two and me and my two sisters each had a car. Yep, 8 vehicles. We had a drive through driveway, a garage that parked 2 cars and a single parking place out back. Once I was the end of five cars in the driveway all facing the the same direction. My car had a dead battery so I had to move the four cars out of my way and then drive one back in to face my car and jump start it. It was quite the show. And that's why to this day I don't have car rental insurance on our auto policy; I never worried about having a car to drive. When I got married I had two cars, a 66 Mustang and a 77 Cobra Mustang. Neither were practical for Wyoming winters so we traded it for a little Tracer station wagon.

I had a busy day. I got up at 6 am, worked a bit, met Marty for breakfast, worked some more. Then a friend and her day came over to play cards at lunch and brought lunch with them. You can't beat that deal. After they left I worked a few hours. After Marty left for his evening shift at the gym I ventured off to Penney's. I had a coupon and got a pair of pants, a long sleeve t shirt and a fleece top for about $50. The pants I wore today look like I'm trying to be hip or a punk - they are go baggy I think a slight breeze would blow them off. Then I came home and worked some more. I have several topics that need updating all the time and got hit with a bunch that need done soon. It will keep me busy anyway.

It was in the 40's here today. I kicked the thermostat from AC to heat. It is going to be colder tomorrow then warm up again.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is our little landscape today?

I had a short night. My right knee was talking loudly to me and was competing with #sirsnoresalot - ha ha. I finally got to sleep sometime after 1 a.m. I did some editing this morning and got the article for the local paper started as well. Now, I’m just goofing off. Marty is watching some series I find boring so I’ll waste time on Angry Birds.

We had grilled filet and baked potatoes for lunch, followed by ice cream and one cookie. If I believed in naps, that is what I'd do next.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday night kids!

Curby, our little landscape is great! I think I'm going to do a bezel, but waiting for the faux settings to arrive to be more sure. If I go that route I'm leaning in the direction of matte/brushed finish. Your night sounds like my night, except instead of Sir Snore A Lot I had Sir Cough A Lot. Liam's been a coughing machine since he caught covid. Ugh. Not good for sleeping -- for ME! You had ONE cookie... I had THREE after dinner. See, that's why I can't have things in the house that I want to eat!

Today was quite the auction. I got pretty much everything I wanted and at good prices. There were a few things I paid up for, but the most major thing I got for an absolute bargain so I was thrilled! I also got a few things for photo props. Liam left the local auction and went to one at an estate sale for a guy that used to be a furrier and of course the items being sold included a bunch of fur. He bought 41. Forty. One. FORTY. FVCKING. ONE. Yes. Really. As we were unloading the truck and putting things in the closet I snagged a black shearling for myself that fits absolutely perfectly, including in the arms, which is a miracle given how super short mine are. I don't love the buttons, but I'll have my own furrier switch those out. It's a good thing I bought that dress form to list my aprons on because he's going to use that for the coats. Otherwise I would have to model them LOL.

I am just exhausted and I really need a shower. Off to get clean and then climb into bed. Tomorrow I list!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, this seems backward - me posting in the morning and you posting in the evening.

Oh no that Liam is coughing so much. I "hear" that putting Vick's on the bottom of your feet then putting on socks to sleep will keep you from coughing. I personally, have never tried it. I hope he gets over that cough soon.

Looks like both you and Liam made out at the estate and auction sales. Wow, you have a fur! I bet that will keep you warm. I need one of those. I just recently watched an I Love Lucy episode where she thought Ricky bought her a fur coat and the usual mayhem began. That's great your dress form will work to pose all those furs.

Mmm cookies. I am a total sucker for cookies and chocolate.

We went out for breakfast then I worked for a few hours while Marty was at the gym. Marty keeps laughing and asking me "what's the retired person doing?" He got home early from the gym or he wouldn't have been able to ask me that question today. Oh well. I got our laundry done and we met my sister, brother-in-law and nephew for lunch in Colorado. It was a fun afternoon. One glass of wine on an empty stomach and I definitely feel it. Our dessert was that delicious whipped peanut butter pie. Mmm. It's almost as good as cookies.

Is tomorrow Monday already?

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, At the risk of being very un PC... I actually have five furs (well, now I guess six!). Put on all the fake stuff in the world, I guarantee you real fur is warmer. No laundry was done at The North Estate this weekend despite the desperate need for it. Saturday I was at the auction all day and yesterday I woke up to a torrential downpour that kept going on and off all day. When it's like that I try not to introduce any new water into the system because it's bad for the septic field. (I have no idea what on earth that means, but Liam says it every time it rains so I'm assuming it's true. :lol: ) And speaking of rain, the drive in this morning was a nightmare, starting with the fact that I forgot something and the house and had to run back. Fortunately it was only five minutes away, so ten round trip, but that ten adds exponentially to the total drive. Over two hours on the road just to get to my place. Ugh. I've heard of that Vick's and socks thing too. If Liam doesn't stop coughing soon I'm going to make him try it!

Yesterday was pretty productive. I put up eight listings and queued up three more so I can post one each morning and get on people's radars every day since the system will generate an automatic message to everyone who follows my shop whenever I put up anything new. That's my current strategy LOL. I didn't have any orders all day yesterday and then while we were eating dinner I got an order for twelve glasses and another for four. That worked out OK though because it was still pretty early so I packed those up and still had time to do my nails and be in bed before ten.

Alright, I need to go hunt someone down about my chair. Or, I should say, the chair in my office that is NOT my chair. No idea what's going on but somehow my chair is gone and this other one is in its place and I cannot get it adjusted in a way that's comfortable so someone needs to bring me a chair that works. WTF.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that bonus day is getting closer. Sweet.

Trust me, you aren't going to offend me about being PC. In fact, I'm impressed if someone can offend me. I know, challenge accepted. IMO, people are far too sensitive these days. Laughter at the world and yourself is often a good thing. As for how warm fur is, now I want one. I'm cold right now. Go figure.

Oh no to possibly doing something bad for the septic system. That would not be good! Best to pay attention to that advice. Darn you had to run back for something this morning, at least you weren't too far from home. Is it still raining?

As for Sir Coughs-a-lot, maybe you could grease up some socks for Liam and just tell him to wear them to bed. Ha! Marty migrated - for some unknown reason - to the guest bedroom at some point last night; I only noticed when I woke up about 2 am. More blankets for me.

That's a great idea to cue up something new each day so people get notified to go check your site. Clever lady. Sweet to get two orders and get them packed already.

Did you find someone and go Gordon Ramsey on them for stealing your chair? I know what you mean though, a different chair or even someone messing with you chair and you know it instantly.

I got up before 6 today. I worked almost 10 hours total. Marty laughed. I stopped around 5 and went downstairs to lift. Then got pinged to go proof something. I have several appointments tomorrow and Wednesday though so that will cut down hours on those days.

I do like those little spiral things for tightening my rings but I find them a bit uncomfortable. They are easy to get off and on. The other ring sizers I got are little bands you put on the side. It is working pretty good for my left hand. At least my diamond ring won't fall off. I need to email Whiteflash about sending my rings in to them. Then I need to drop off a few dozen at the store in Denver and a few at the mall. Good thing most of them have free sizing.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, oh, don't worry... I'm not afraid of offending YOU... it's anyone else that might be lurking, LOL. I think we (you and I) have come to realize that we're absolute unoffendable!!! One of our new executive assistants somehow ended up with two chairs in her cube so I snagged one. Now all is right with the world! Wow, that's A LOT of rings to get sized!

Yesterday I did some work in the late afternoon. Ugh. Then I went to my condo threw in a load of laundry and started down the rabbit hole of internet shopping. At least now I know one of the things I want for x-mas, I just need to decide which it will be! Liam woke me up this morning because he was looking for something at The North Estate that is MIA. I had no idea what he was even talking about so obviously I was completely useless in the search! At that point I figured I might as well just get up and come to work so I got here a bit early. Today is training... literally six times. Three Compliance Part I for new people and three Compliance Part 2 for people who started last week. Oh joy...

Alright, off to get it all done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I could have used a fur coat at the restaurant tonight. Marty finally went to his truck and got me one of his coats. He was giving me crap that I'd better not stretch out the front of it. Tomorrow, my car gets a fleece jacket and down coat put in the back.

Glad to know we are the unoffendable PS'ers. Sweet.

That is awesome you snagged chair and all is right with the world.

Good plan to start a Christmas wish list. Marty's B-Day is in a few weeks, he wants some thing for his lifting, but I don't remember what exactly. It's one of those deals where you order it and it's your present. We play that game all the time.

Did Liam ever find his MIA at the North Estate? I hate when you get woke up and then can't go back to sleep. That is why I was up at 5:30 this morning.

I got a good report card at the periodontist and can now get an appointment for my permanent crown. Yay. I have a regular dental cleaning tomorrow so will certainly get that arranged.

My ultrasound took longer than expected but then I didn't know what to expect. I asked her what did you find but of course she wouldn't tell me. Since I had another cold attack at the restaurant tonight, I'll be glad if they figure something out that can fix that.

I worked off and on today until about 6 pm. Then met Marty for supper after he closed the gym.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm often freezing too. Good idea to put some extra clothes in the car, and I also need to throw a sweatshirt in the back of Liam's truck. Hopefully once you get the permanent crown on your life will improve. When will you hear from the doc about your ultrasound?

Yesterday I did training six times. Hamster, meet wheel! Then I went to dinner with some friends up north, but getting there was a challenge as Uber cancelled on me TWICE. No explanation on the first one, the second one the driver messaged me and said he was only interested in driving downtown (presumably because shorter trips and more of them make more $... ?). Ultimately I snagged a regular taxi, which is no easy feat during rush hour!

Today I really need to do some work. Ugh. Sixteen days 'till bonus payout!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good to know that I'm not the only one freezing all the time. I had another shivering attack at the dentist today. My dental cleaning was horrid. It was like I haven't had one in years and never brush my teeth. The left side was a mess but then I had four times in the last few months where I couldn't brush that side for either a few days or two weeks. Grr. I do have an appointment in a few weeks to get fitted for the crown and then I'll get it a few weeks later. Yay. I hope that spot quits being achy then.

The lady at the radiology clinic said the doctor gets readings in one to three days. I watched a YouTube last night and which I had done so beforehand. I am pretty sure I have several nodules in there. Funny, I believe I feel them now - so either I was so used to them that I ignored them - or the ultrasound just woke them up. We will see. I didn't watch the screen much but I am pretty sure there were spots that weren't normal. Dr YouTube speaking here. Ha Ha.

What a pain getting a ride to have dinner with some friends. I hope dinner was good and you had a lovely time.

How many days until bonus? Any news on the job front?

I had a weird day. The dental cleaning took 90 minutes - WTH? Then I had corn on the cob with lunch. Ha Ha. I also made ribs in the crock pot so both of those were good. Then had some shredded ribs with BBQ sauce, swiss cheese in a piece of toast for supper.

I worked off and on today but not like I usually do. Just distracted, got some laundry done and Marty seemed a bit out of sorts so I visited with him for a while. His brother has stage 4 lunch cancer and isn't doing well. Don't know if that is what is on his mind, but something is for sure.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did pull up your faux ring shots on my computer too. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the bezel set. That is such a great idea to get prop rings to try out on gems. Like we need more ideas of how to spend money. IMO, we are already pretty good at it. :lol:

I got my appointment for you know what. I apparently need someone to drive me. Surprise, Marty!

I worked some today and did other assorted tasks around the house including lifting. We had some rain off and on but not much.

We are meeting some friends for supper tonight. That should be fun.

I swear I've poked at my neck so much everything from my neck up hurts. My degree from Dr Google tells me this is also why I keep getting numb and tingling around my mouth. Maybe, it's not my broken tooth. I'll try to quit obsessing about it until a week from Monday.

I just spent 10 minutes getting my ring sizers on rings so I can wear them out to dinner.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, are you heading out today? I'm sure Marty won't mind taking you to your appointment. If he does, you need a new husband! :lol: Interesting that this might be causing your mouth issue. Hopefully it all gets fixed -- and soon. Did you put the spiral thingies on your rings? I swear, those are a god send!

Yesterday I couldn't even tell you what I did for most of it LOL, but suddenly it was 5 o'clock. Liam and I took his "new" 944 out to dinner at our favorite sushi place in Wisconsin. He named the new car Liz BTW because were were on our way to check her out when the queen passed.

I've got a bunch of glass washed and drafts of listing queued up for today. This afternoon I have a third interview with a big bank. This is the one with the job I want the least but the people I like the most. We'll see...

A major flea market that happens twice a summer starts today. I'm trying like he!! to resist because I'm already drowning in glass. It's sooooo tempting though!

Alright, off to wordle and then get on with something productive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we are heading out today. I'm packed, Marty hasn't done a darn thing yet. Marty didn't notice my note in the calendar appointment, but he didn't say anything when I said I need someone to drive me. As you said - I'd need a new husband if he did say he wouldn't take me. I've been switching between the spiral thingies and the semi-circle you put on the inside of the ring. The semi circle are more comfortable but they don't work as well. I'd best just work on getting everything sized when I get back.

Liz is a great name for the new 944. How was the sushi place?

I hope the interview goes well with the bank that has people you like the most. Good luck. And yes, that flea market is calling your name. Can you have toooo much inventory for your site? I, as always, am an enabler.

We met some friends for supper last night. The restaurant was a bit loud and the guy has one bad ear. It was funny when he asked where we were going and I said Duck, he gets this shocked look on his face and says "pardon me?" :lol:

I played more Dr. Google last night until I decided I have every disease and ailment possible. Tried to sleep in but that was futile. Don't really have anything I need to do for work today so just goofing off. I emptied all our remaining fruit in a trash bag so it won't go bad in the house while we are gone. Now, I'm just waiting.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture heavy article showing some of Queen Elizabeth's tiaras. Ooh bling!
Queen's tiaras

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, are you lounging around on the beach like royalty?! I think the interview went really well. But I guess time will tell... Really, I wish the people at the bank I most want to work for would get off their duffs and make an offer! Not only have I resisted the flea market, I even worked more on the annual review yesterday than I have to any point this year (precipitated by a message from my boss to send the info in its current form to someone else to review, and there wasn't much TO review at that point so I hopped on it, LOL). I'll do some more today and tomorrow and give it to him on Monday. I guess that was the kick in the pants I needed!

I got seven listings up yesterday and queued up some for today. Unfortunately the big batch of uranium glass I need to wash, sort and list will have to wait as that will be a two day project and I don't have two full days right now! Liam headed out around 5:30 this morning to deliver something huge and expensive to a guy in Dubuque that bought it. No idea what this thing is, but it apparently merited a trip over.

Alright, off to see what the commotion is downstairs. Both the dogs and the ferals are making quite a bit of noise over something.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say, I ordered a bunch of new props yesterday. Fake cake slices, cherries, peaches, candles... who knows what else! I felt like my pics were getting stale since I'd used everything I had so many times already. Unfortunately none of it will be here in time for today's photos, but maybe at least a few things will show up so I can use them tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am lounging on the beach, but certainly not like royalty. I hope you do hear from the bank you like soon with a fantastic offer! Yay for resisting the flea market. We passed lots of them and farmer's markets en route to the beach house yesterday.

Nice to get a lot done on the annual review. Sweet.

Glad Liam was able to deliver the the huge and expensive item rather than try to ship it.

Did you get the ferals and dogs to calm down? Was it a spider that caused all the raucous?

The new props sound great!

Our flight Friday night was slightly delayed but they made up time in the air. Marty got to the rental car place in time and I headed off to the baggage claim. Our hotel room was adequate. The drive to the beach quickly convinced me the tourist season is not over yet. I'm surviving the giant house with the in-laws so far. Heading south looks like stop and go traffic. Luckily there is a liquor store and grocery store to the north of us.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning's sunrise.

Attachments

• Sunrise beach x.jpg
    Sunrise beach x.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, Well... my efforts to resist the flea market were thwarted when Liam called from there and said, "Let me facetime you one booth... ". He showed me a lady with four long rows of table of stuff that I WANTED. So I hopped in the car and bolted over. I didn't buy a ton, but I did get some really good things... plus ANOTHER persian lamb coat... The lining needs to be completely replaced, but it's a really cool color that I've never seen before.

LOL on tourist season not being over! You're staying in a hotel... don't you normally stay at the house with The Masses? Have you made new friends at the liquor store yet?!

The bezel idea for my little landscape (who Liam has dubbed Bob Ross, Ross for short, hahahahaha!) is confounding me. The stone has a thick girdle and high crown and I'm trying to determine where the bezel would hit and what it would cover up. I need to really figure this out because I don't want to get the ring back and see that the metal goes clear up on the table. I *think* it would just clasp onto the girdle, but I want to be sure. Ugh. Custom jewelry design is so stressful! And still no word on my faux settings to this point -- not even shipping info.

I need to get myself out of bed and starting listing. There is a SLEW of stuff on the counter that I'm going to have to move before I can even start taking pictures. Liam is on his way to the auction place that p!ssed me off a few weeks ago. He said, "You better look at the pictures... I knew you said you'd never go back there... Buttttttt... " So I did look. And they do have things I want. But I'm still not going there!

Alright, time to go and be productive!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!.

Super annoyed in general, and working like a dawg! Oh... and bonuses are supposed to be paid next Friday but I heard from the person who processes payroll that not a single review has been given and there is talk of bumping them to the October 15 paycheck. I will be BEYOND P.O.'d!!!

Back to the grindstone...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, so Liam thwarted your plans to avoid the flea market. He's an enabler, too. Sounds like you got some great things though. That is awesome. I went to a touristy gift store yesterday and bought several unnecessary things. At least one of them was a sweatshirt which I know I will wear.

We spent the night in a motel the first night we got here because it's a 90 minute drive to the "masses" beach house and hated to get there in the dark at 2 am. As for the masses - it's the same old poop show. I swear some of Marty's relatives are oblivious to things but hey there is plenty of liquor which i find makes other people more interesting. I did my share of drinking and spilling it yesterday. We were on the deck and the flies sure liked my wine. They kept landing on my hand and like an idiot I'd jump or try them off. I probably had as much wine on myself and in my stomach. On an empty stomach too so it didn't take much to get me talkative and believing I was funny.

I like Bob Ross - very clever name. A thick girdle might not be the best of a bezel setting. Again, I'd have to see it though. Darn that your faux settings are in limbo. I get you on custom designed. You've done quite well with yours. I got burnt a few times here locally and have only done some with WF and made sure they were what I wanted before committing to them. I view custom settings like gambling. Be willing to lose that amount of money.

Ha ha for not going back to that auction place. One must draw the line somewhere.

WTF on moving back the bonuses? I'd be quite upset. They know you are looking. Deep down inside.

So the crew of 12 has whittled down to 10 today. I love seeing the beach every day and plan on getting a sunrise picture each day. The access to the beach is really uneven and sandy so I tried yesterday and decided to go back. I could do it but know if I screw up my already agitated right knee, making it through two giant airports might be tough. Hopefully we can find one of those public beach access points with a dock all the way to the beach. I want to get a good picture of us for our Christmas card this year.

Marty's brother is not doing well at all so we don't go out much as a group. I bought two dozen duck donuts yesterday for everyone. It was a zoo. It was actually in two stores. On the left side you wait in line and get an order form to fill out your order. Several of the masses had asked for some specific donuts but I didn't notice until we almost paid the custom stuff was on the back of the order form. I just ordered 2 dozen of their assorted original donuts. I did order my FIL and a nephew the ones they wanted. Then you get a number and wait for another 30 minutes another store on the right side to call your number so you can pick up your donuts. We get back to the house and my SIL pretty much goes off on me for not doing all the custom donuts. I listened for about 5 minutes then just said "usually people just say thanks for the donuts". And the donuts were just okay. They are cake donuts but light rather than dense.

So food yesterday was donuts for breakfast, wine for lunch and pizza and ice cream supper. Such fun!

Off to move my laundry.
Laters,
Curby

Sunrise 9-20.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, just a quickie because I'm a$$ deep in the annual review (and in the office today, despite my best efforts... ). Sorry to hear Marty's brother isn't doing well. And WTF about the donuts?!

Allegedly I'm getting my review today. We'll see...

Off to interview some of the finance peeps for the annual review. This SHOULD only take a few minutes. But last year the conversation took two hours. Ugh. Wish me luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, how goes the trip? Have you p!ssed off any members of the family off lately over pastries? :lol: Are there any jewelry stores around you might have visited?

Well I DID get my review yesterday. 8% raise in base, 17% raise in bonus, which translates to a 10%+ raise over all. And lots of positive things said about me by everyone, including the managing directors, so that was nice. My boss told me they said I am "quirky" and I was like, what does that mean?! They apparently were indicating I had "personality," which is a rarity in a compliance officer. I *think* I'm taking it as a compliment, ha ha. However my boss maintains that I work three days a week. Whatever... because my offer from the bank with the people I like the most came through! It's preliminary at this point as the internal recruiter needs to go back to the executive compensation committee to work out the details. I immediately reached out to the other two banks to find out where they are in the hiring process, and both of them said don't take that other offer yet! So we'll see. I think I've got a little time, and I can probably draw it out a tiny bit with some questions, but I'm kind of inclined to take it if nothing else comes though quickly enough. Then again, is the devil that I know better than the devil that I don't... ? Decisions, decisions!

I've got three orders to pack up this morning and then I need to get Liam to go with me to the packaging place to get bubble wrap and boxes because it won't fit in my Audi..

There are two estate sales tomorrow, one with enough uranium glass to sink a ship, but it's 45 minutes away. I'm really thinking I might skip it. There's another one locally that has some stemware I would take at the right price, but it won't be half off until Saturday and the local auction is also on Saturday so I'll likely go there instead.

Today some serious laundry needs to happen here at The North Estate!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yay for a great review, nice raise and possible job offers coming your way. Sweet. Best of luck with an awesome offer. Nothing wrong with being quirky. It is a compliment. A comment about me that has stuck over the years was "she sure has a mind of her own." Shocking, I know!

Good idea to get something larger to pick up your packing materials. I can see things sticking out of the window of your Audi. I hope you get the stemware at half price this weekend. The other night I was drinking wine on the deck that kept drawing flies - I'd jump when they landed on me spilling wine all over me and the deck. It was quite funny.

I wrote a few postcards to mail so the map app said "post office" 2.7 miles away. We found it with a sign that said "post office" but it was a mail box in a parking lot. I did lean over and say, I'd like to buy some stamps please. I am a smart arse, you know.

Yesterday wasn't fun. I heard footsteps upstairs staring about 2 am. My SIL woke us up about 3 am with "we need to make a decision so come upstairs." I feared the worst but was relieved to see my BIL at least in the living room. He needed to go to the ER because he couldn't breathe. My SIL fired up her RV, Marty and her get him hooked up in the RV with his oxygen and they began the 6 hour voyage to his hometown. He is doing better today but needs liquids drained off his lungs again. He isn't doing well.

So it's just us and my in-laws here for the last few days. My MIL's daughter followed the RV in my BIL's SUV so a friend brought her back today to pack and get her car. I guess we'll be closing down the beach house tomorrow and very early Saturday. Marty said we'd switch out tickets and head to Virginia but he doesn't want to leave his parents here to take care of the house.

High tide (4 ft) today. Finally. The waves have been low.

Laters,
Curby
Waves Sep 22.jpg

Attachments

• Sunrise2 9-22.jpg
    Sunrise2 9-22.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 4

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, How is Marty's brother doing? I'm sorry to hear the trip is going to be cut short, but it's sounds like the right thing to do. Did you find some stamps? Your post office experience sounds like my attempt to find a Chase ATM last weekend. I needed cash for the big flea market and I know of a Chase bank that has some drive up ATMs, but it was beyond the highway entrance so I was trying to find one close, like in a Wallgreens or something like that. The whole thing was such a PITA that by the time I made the decision to just go to the one I knew about I could have been there and back with the time I wasted on the site LOL.

Today I need to take a bunch of pictures because this is my last chance until next Friday. I'm going to meter them out and put up one a day (or every few days depending on how many I get done). I've also got one order to pack up and two zooms for work, plus I need to attempt to connect with my boss because there are a few things I don't want to sit until week after next when I get back. And laundry for the trip... always laundry! Another busy day here at The North Estate!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what a pain to find the right ATM. Our credit union waves ATM fees if you go somewhere else. I got some cash at the hospital my sister worked at a few years ago and they charged $15 to use that ATM. WTH? Really? That was nuts!

Sounds like you do have a very busy day. Where are you venturing off to next week? We are headed home tomorrow.

Marty's brother is at home. They drained about 3 cups of a thick vicious substance out of his right lung. He has more to drain out too. My SIL said they were just at this point keeping him comfortable. That doesn't sound good. His wife said they have appointments to check on things - so probably somewhere in between. He was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 2 1/2 years ago so has exceeded expectations on that. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him to help fight off anything either. Pretty sad.

Fiona is about 70 miles off shore and really kicking up with sea. Cool to watch. On the deck it's like Wyoming wind and rather chilly here today.

By this time tomorrow we should be on a plane heading home.

Laters,
Curby

Sunrise2  Sept 23.jpg

Attachments

• Fiona Fury.jpg
    Fiona Fury.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 4

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, fifteen dollars to use an ATM?! That's the most ridiculous fee I've ever heard! How was the trip home? Is Marty's brother doing any better? Liam and I are going down to Orlando today. Yes. There is a hurricane coming... and we are going right into it. Welcome to my life! Here's a funny story (that I likely have told you already since I've told you pretty much everything by now, ha ha). We used to try to go to a theme park every year before so many years had passed that we'd been to all of them so many times we were "parked out." Well that year we were going to Epcot. Bill, my dad's wife and I were sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast and watching the impending hurricane coverage on the weather channel on the morning we had planned to go to the park. My dad came out of the bedroom and threw rain ponchos at everyone saying "C'mon, the park opens in half an hour!" We we like, uhhhhhh... dad... there's a hurricane coming..... And his response was: "Perfect! There won't be any lines!" And right he was, LOL! You should see our pictures from that little outing. We look like drowned rats in every photo!

Friday I got a bunch of pics done for about a dozen listings so I can put up at least one a day and keep my feed active. Yesterday Liam headed to an auction a bit south (or maybe it was north--who can keep track any more?!) and I went over to the local place. There were two things I paid a bit for, especially one where a lady really bid me up, but it's still a really good score, and other things I got for much less that I thought I would, so it all evens out. Liam didn't take a "go box" with him because he was going to an auction of the estate of a guy named Dilbert and the only things you could see in the pics were "guy things." Well apparently Dilbert's dearly departed wife had been a glass lover because he sent me a photo of four big flats of glass on the ground with a note that said "What idiot didn't take a go box this morning?" He had to buy a flat of afghans to wrap things in. That'll teach him!

Alright off to shower and start the packing process. We need to be out the door in about two hours and some of the things I want to take with me just got moved from the washer to the dryer. Ack!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally enjoyed your story about going out during the hurricane. Good time to go to Epcot Center when no one else is there. Were your rain ponchos yellow? Too funny we've told each other pretty much every story by now, but you are so right. I hope the hurricane doesn't head your way while you are in Orlando. Have a fun and safe trip!

Good thinking on Liam's part to buy a case of afghans to wrap the glasses in yesterday; I liked the note he sent you though.

Our trip home seemed to take forever. We got up at 1 am our time, got on the road by 2 am our time and got to the airport around 4 am our time. The flight was around 4 hours. We got home around 2 pm. By the time we went to bed last night we'd been up 21 hours. My IQ was significantly lower most of the day. I don't know a day of travel is so tiring. I did 5 loads of laundry though, everything from our suitcase got washed and put away.

Marty's brother is better anyway. He is eating a bit more and got some sleep. My SIL said he was feeling about the same as before leaving for the beach house. I know that wasn't "good" but I was glad to hear he was doing better.

I am still pretty tired today. I lifted since I skipped that for a week and made tacos for lunch. Marty finally had time to check what was going on with our astronomy club website and found it had obviously been hacked and had links in a foreign language to unsuitable for most people sites. Great, huh? I told him delete everything and I'd build it again from scratch. It's pretty basic but up and running again.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, are you in sunny Florida yet?

I worked about 5 hours today and had my biopsy this afternoon. I guess the mass is 2 x 2.5 centimeters and right down by my clavicle. The procedure wasn't bad. They deadened the skin then shot the same in to the nodule. They use a needle to extract four samples. My neck is kind of sore right now and I've got a blistering headache. Should be fine in a while. I guess the doctor will get results on Thursday.

Marty didn't take me because he was stuck on a call and my friend who was going to pick me up couldn't take me then either so I drove myself. Ha! The desk, radiologist and doctor never asked if I had a ride. I was fine to drive anyway. So there!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, any news on the biopsy yet? And LOL on driving yourself home! Have you rebuilt the site? What a PITA. I just don't get all this cyber crime. I guess I'm not very inventive; if I was going to do something criminal I assure you it would not involve technology, ha ha. Your trip home sounds absolutely exhausting. I can definitely relate!

So the trip... The flight there was fine and we met up with my dad and his wife for dinner. The usual. The did say they'd gone to the grocery store when they got there on Sunday and some things were sold out, but they got pretty much the normal stuff. On Monday people were chattering quite a bit about the impending storm and we decided to run by the store again on the way back to the hotel after dinner. No bottled water to be found and lots of other things sold out too. To be expected I guess. Tuesday around noon -- during bingo! -- I got a message from United that our flight home (on Thursday) was already cancelled. We were rebooked on another flight on Friday, but only in standby status, so I figured our chances of actually getting out were slim to none, and slim just left town. So we made the decision to head out yesterday morning. Avis was indeed quite reasonable about the whole situation! "Uh... Hi. Instead of returning the car at Orlando airport I'd like to return it at O'Hare instead. They both start with an "O" so that should be just fine... right?" We set out early yesterday -- on the road by 5:30 am eastern! We drove until lattttttte last night. The original plan was to go the whole way, but after nineteen hours we finally called it south of Champaign, IL. This morning we got up and headed back to O'Hare to turn in the rental and get my own car out of the lot. When I got home I had to pack up two orders and run to the post office, but after that I could barely drag myself upstairs to climb into bed for a nap. Ah... sweet sleep! And now Liam is at Costco and I'm drying to decide if cheese and crackers is enough for dinner or if I should be crossing my fingers that Liam will actually bring the rotisserie chicken home that I've requested.

When we realized that we weren't flying home we dashed off to a few thrift stores and antique shops before they closed up for the storm and ended up with a bunch of glasses (of course!) and some things for Liam. We also had gotten quite a few things at the outlet mall on Monday for Liam and the kids, so we had a big load to bring home. Our original plan included taking the giant suitcase and putting Liam's small suitcase inside of it on the way there, assuming it would be full on the way back... and it was!

Alright -- we are bonus payout -12 hours and counting!!! And the big bank should have everything they need for the offer. The other big bank has asked me to sit tight as they work things out (although there is a limit to how long I can/will do that). And interestingly enough the regional bank came back to me and said they've revamped the role and found quite a bit more money in the budget! So now that new and improved job with additional $$$$ is back on the table. Tomorrow could be a verrrrrry exciting day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results