carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I've now had chip and salsa twice in two days thanks to you planting that seed! And now Liam and I are both craving fried chicken -- although I don't think I can blame that on you! :lickout: If Marty gets that tiny camper thing you can count me out too -- the idea of being in one of those makes me want to breath into a paper bag, LOL. Toooooooo smalllllll... ! Billy Ray is officially put away for the season. Boo hoo.

Yesterday I ran to the auction early, bought a few things, and was back at The North Estate by 10 am. Fabulous! Listing commenced. And today I took pics for something that was taking up a ton of space in the dining room -- a big lot of 3 pitchers and 47 glasses -- so now those are downstairs and ready to go.

Just ran to Walmart and got some shallow tubs I can use to put shoes in and slide under the drawers in the new closet... which is by no means put back together in any meaningful way, ha ha. But I'm about to take a big glass of wine upstairs and make some progress.

Alright, off to see how this goes. Fingers crossed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, chips and salsa are NOT that bad - depends on the quantity. I had 10 chips, that's it. Fried chicken always sounds good to me. I'd eat Chick Filet nuggets every day, if I could. Glad to hear Billy Ray is safely stored for the winter. I used to store my 66 Mustang for the winter too. It's was awful on ice. Good deal you are with me on staying in a tiny camper. If I ever need a MRI Marty is going to have to zip tie me down and get me so drunk I pass out. I'd freak out of my tiny mind! At least then I can use the "check liver light" joke.

You were efficient yesterday. Got back to the North Estate early and got picture taken, posted and items stored downstairs.

Nice to make progress on the closet. I am sure the more wine you drank, the easier it got to arrange things. Of course, when you go to find something you may find it in a strange place. I so need to do some rearranging in our closet as well. I have both open and closed baskets for our shelves. I emptied about 1/2 of them when I depleted my clothing collection. Now that I'm filling up the shelves and clothes racks again, I need to organize a bit.

We went to breakfast this morning. Since we were close to a store that sells Carhart clothing, we ventured there next and sadly I didn't find a thing I wanted. They have a lot of warm clothing but most things now have Carhart written down the sleeve. No thank you. Since Marty needed to be at the gym by then, we dropped him off and I headed home. I did a bit of work and lifted, then went back to pick him up.

We had grilled picanha and baked potatoes for lunch. Delicious. Then we had ice cream for dessert.

I did a bit more work this afternoon and think my dried up fingers are healed enough I can work on mini me #2. I tried last night while watching some of our favorite movies, but decided I'd best put it up. Stupid dry skin. We watched Down Periscope and U571. Two of our favorite movies.

Did you decide on the tennis necklace? I was toying with getting another lens for my Christmas wish list. Who knows. It seems like between my laptop, our trip, Marty's trip back east for his brother, his upcoming trip to Oklahoma City, my dental bills and medical co-pays, and the coming soon holidays - I've probably spent enough money. I also have to pay for about 10 rings to be sized and ouch to what it costs these days. Then again, you have to stick with your strengths and I am good at spending money. Ha Ha.

It's 6:15 and already getting dark outside. A week from today, it will already be dark. I am not a fan of DST and switching back and forth.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of Christmas, I did order my photo Christmas cards yesterday plus additional self-sealing envelopes. I went with one sided glossy photos this year. You can't get front and back photos, they have to be printed on card stock. I prefer glassy photos. But see, I finally did SOMETHING for Christmas.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I had an MRI several years ago and they put me the whole way in the tube. I Wanted The Fvck Out Of There. But it had to be done. There was sommmmme progress on the closet last night... but not enough! Good for you for ordering x-mas cards! I printed out the labels for mine this year in case they march me out of here once I turn in my Sorry For Your Loss card! The tennis necklace is still in the back of my mind... but farther and farther back... We'll see.

I took pics yesterday for a slew of pitchers and glasses of one pattern (50 pieces total) and got those downstairs so that made another nice dent in the dining room! I woke up to a sale yesterday, which I didn't get around to packing until about two in the afternoon, which is OK since UPS doesn't close until three on Sundays, but then I realized the lady's address has both a physical location and a PO box and I'm not sure which one she wants me to ship to. I messaged her but didn't hear back yet. While Liam was taking the ferals home I had four more orders come in rapid succession so I got those all ready to go too. Busy evening! October has been my highest selling month ever. Hopefully November and December will be big too!

If I don't get the annual review done my boss is going to kill me. Better stop PSing and start reviewing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I'd have the exact same reaction in a MRI. I'd FREAK!!! And be uttering loud Gordon Ramsey type words.

At least there was some progress on the closet. Anything is better than none.

Good plan to print out labels while you have access to the printer at work. I totally hope you turn in your sorry for your loss card. My grouchy boss even thought mine way funny.

Some day, when it's right you'll find that perfect diamond necklace. I'm wondering, if I end up with an ugly scar on my neck, if I'll wear necklaces. I hate turtle necks too. I have too short of a neck, goes with my body and arms.

You are really getting pictures taken and things moved downstairs. Yay. That's great orders are rolling in, I bet you get busier between now and Christmas. My sister is doing well at her craft shows.

Did you get your annual review done? Will you have to do those on your new job? Have they answered you yet?

I got up about 6:30 today. I seem to take longer and longer getting in the shower and getting around in the morning. I should leave my phone on the charger until I eat breakfast.

I worked until about 5 today and did lots of different fun things today.

I grilled both burgers and part of my left forearm for lunch today. Yes, I have a rosy patch about 4 inches along on the inside of my left arm right above my wrist. Again, it's because I'm short. The lid of our grill is too tall for me if I put it all the way up, I have to stand on tip toes and get real close to the grill to reach the handle, so I kind of hold it. The grill was still really hot from heating it up while I was putting the burgers on the grill and it keep grilling my arm. I'm such a klutz.

I have my giant Tupperware bowl full of miniature candy bars for little trick or treaters. We get a crowd here, so hopefully they show up this year. It's pretty nice out so usually that means more kids will come by. We start getting drive-bys later too. I bought two bags so I have over 700 pieces of candy. I'll hand them out until I'm out of candy.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had 178 trick or treaters (I used my knitting row counter). I was out of candy in about 2 1/2 hours. Two of my nephews and I had a competition. I won. Now, I'm teasing them they owe me a steak dinner.

Not bad weather here again today. I grilled steaks for lunch and didn't grill my arm this time. Ha!

I worked most of the day and plan on working on mini me #2 tonight.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on using your knitting row counter! I have no idea how many TorTers came to The North Estate but I'm hoping any candy that was left over got taken to Liam's office the next day. If I get there tonight and there's anything sitting around to cause temptation I am going to be mad, ha ha! Annual review is close(r) to being done. Mostly because I was here until after nine on Monday night and almost ten last night. They are doing construction (or more accurately, demolition) on the other side of this floor. Around seven PM it starts to get mighty LOUD around here!

I'm hoping to get out of here tonight at some point and head back up north. I've got one order to pack up and another that I'm still waiting for address clarification on. At some point I'm just going to make a decision and send the box.

Brief mental health break over... back to the hamster wheel!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, that knitting counter has come in handy over the years. It works well to counter meteors during a meteor shower too.

Was there any candy remains at the North Estate? Hopefully they were all gone. By the way, I know you like PB cups, have you ever tried the mini white chocolate PB cups? I can eat the entire stinking bag of those in one setting. I like the white chocolate Kit Kat's too. Speaking of a sugar rush, I did pick up a little piece of chocolate cake for us to split today. Our grocery store had a small piece of cake that works great to two pieces. This one was larger than normal, so I cut off what I wanted and notice Marty didn't quite finish the larger piece. It was good though.

Nice the annual review is mostly done. Progress! You did work long hours to get that accomplished though. Did you hear anything back on your questions from the bank?

I got a lot accomplished today. Worked, grocery shopped, went and bought lunch and lifted.

We could get some snow tomorrow. It is going to get COLD too. What? It's like winter or something. Strange.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

I haven't made it back to The North Estate yet... As a matter of fact, I worked until after ten last night, and tonight Liam is coming downtown and we're having dinner with friends who will be here for the football game this weekend. White chocolate -- not my thing! Seriously, if I was on a desert island and it was white chocolate or nothing... I'd take NOTHING! Same with gin. Just thinking about it makes me want to hurl!
'm in the office today for the sole purpose of meeting with my boss on the review. If he doesn't make time for me I am honest to god going to go back to my place and just sit on the balcony and drink wine!!!

Nothing much else to report. Ugh. Getting close to done with this annual monster though!

Will keep you posted. If you get a text from me later with a picture of my feet up on the balcony railing and a glass of prosecco in my hand you'll know how my day is turning out LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did work late last night. What's up with how many hours we work? I just signed off for today myself. And it's snowing here. I was going to go pick up the rings that are ready (just two of them) but decided I'd wait. I might have a ring or two I can wear.

Have fun going out to dinner tonight with friends. If the football game the Bears? Or college?

I am not a fan of white chocolate by itself, but I sure like it with those little PB cups. I don't mind it on pretzels either. I am not a fan of gin, but I did drink slow gin fizzes for awhile. Now, it's just wine.

Speaking of wine, did your boss make time to meet with you today? Or did you go back to your place and drink wine? That sounds quite good right now. Since I didn't get a text from you on your balcony, I assume you are knocking out that annual review.

I got up about 6:15 today and still didn't get "signed" in until 7:45. This stopped to cook lunch and do dishes is a time killer. I made mini meatloaves today and mashed potatoes. I have some leftovers for supper. I planned on getting supper at the mall when I picked up those two rings, so it's a good thing I have leftovers. I have ice cream for dessert, too.

I walked over to get our mail before it started snow. I bought a Land's End squall jacket on sale this summer and had it on - let's say that sucker didn't cut it. The wind went right through it. No wonder I got it cheap. Luckily, my warmest squall park EVER from them was safely tucked in my back closest - aka - my put all the crap I own and don't use room - and it fits great now. Even a bit loose. Bummer. But then I can use fleece jackets under it too.

Looks like my fingers are better so hopefully I can knit on mini me #2 tonight.

Laters.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I handed by boss the annual review on his way out the door last night. There is only one section that I still need input on from other people, so hopefully once I finish that area and he takes his pass at it the SOB will be DONE. Please god... let that be true... The people are in town for the Northwestern game. Liam and I typically go to one game a year but they are just so bad (sorry alma matter, but the truth is the truth!) that we're skipping it. You inspired me to look at the Land's End site and there's a coat I like. But I need another coat like I need a third t!t so I'm trying hard to resist! I got your email BTW and when YF shows up tonight I'll forward it to him. I'm sure he will appreciate it!

I am just absolutely exhausted. We went to bed last night around 12:30 and I was WIDE AWAKE by four. WTF. I tossed and turned for about forty minutes and then I finally just got up because Liam had to get his truck out of the parking spot by five anyway or else he might get a ticket. After he left I made the bed quick, whipped up a cup of coffee, and hit the road myself. I was back here at The North Estate by about 6:30. I've made myself wash glasses and take pictures today because I am out of extra listings to put up. I only got photos for five today because the light is just so bad (it's raining here).

Around 1:30 I ran to the post office, UPS, and then to Home Goods... when I spent $429 on xmas gifts. I bought so much stuff I had to come home and unload the car before I could then go to Costco! I'm now eating rotisserie chicken and drinking wine and trying to stay awake long enough to clean up the kitchen because we're going to Iowa tomorrow morning for early family Thanksgiving.

I swear to god Curby, all I want is a week off. Off of EVERYTHING

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great you handed in the annual review on the way out the door. Did you slip in a "sorry for your loss card - ME!"?

Don't feel bad about the college football game, my alma matter doesn't usually win - thought we did have Josh Allen as our quarterback. One and only claim to fame. Along tine about we had a big name NBA player, but I don't remember their name now.

I generally really like Land's Ends coats. My down jacket is a bit big but I think it is still wearable. I haven't tried it lately.

You did have a short night and a long day. I hope you sleep better tonight. I woke up about 4:30. Marty was already gone since it's a gym morning. I took out my earplugs only to be rudely woke up by someone out scrapping ice off and shoveling snow on the greenway that is on both sides of our bedrrom. They were out there for about an hour so I never did get back to sleep.

Good deal to get more pictures taken and ready to post. You must have made a haul at Costco. Mmm chicken and wine. Have fun at the family Thanksgiving tomorrow. If not, drink more. Either works.

I concur, you need a lazy, do what the hell you want week. You deserve it.

I worked most of the day. We had 5.4 inches of snow. I was planning on making homemade soup but kept waiting for Marty to get home so I could start the soup. The burner I use for the big pot is what he cooks his mass of eggs and bacon on every morning. He got home so late, I put the stew meat back in the freezer.

I planned on going to the mall about 2 and get my two rings and pick up a prescription. But Marty was expecting a package and he was out running one of clients around on errands so I stayed home. By the time the package came (about 6 pm) I already gave up the idea of running my errands. I swear the thing gave me a hernia getting it in the house. It's something for lifting. It was bulky, bit and heavy but I got it in here.

Guess I'll run my errands tomorrow. It will be warmer but we already have a high wind warning. If I talk Marty in to running me to Denver, he'll make me go look at campers and camper shells so maybe I won't suggest it. Sunday might work, they are all closed on Sunday. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, we are having your windy weather! When I took my ear plugs out this morning I had a moment of disorientation until I realized what I was hearing LOL. No "sorry for your loss" card yet. I'm still waiting for clearance on the background check before I do it. Hopefully next week! Be careful with those big heavy packages -- you are just as prone to hurting yourself with something like that as I am! A few weeks ago when dad's 3D printer arrived I made Liam move it off the porch for me. The box was both heavy and big enough I wasn't sure I could securely get my arms around it -- a recipe for disaster!

Last night around 9:30 I called it and went to bed. I slept clear through until about six this morning and it was GLORIOUS! We're supposed to leave for Iowa in an hour and half so I really need to get up and take a shower... but just five more minutes ha ha.

Yesterday I made a dent in the inventory in the family room. Liam walked in there and was like WOAH! So maybe someday I really will get to the bottom of this pile!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, well if you need to pass a background check, it's a good idea to wait before turning in your "sorry for your loss card". :lol: I have a "GREAT" letter of recommendation I could provide. I wrote it up for one of my obnoxious employees. She even had it on her refrigerator for years; it was one of my best piece of work. That's just the kind of friend I am.

Good point on moving something heavy. Glad you had Liam move the 3D printer off the porch. That was my problem as well, not only was this box heavy, but it was too big for my T-Rex arms. I managed though mostly because I was determined.

That's awesome you slept all night. Sadly, I had another one of my two hour insomnia attacks, but I did fall back asleep until 7 am. Got up in time to enjoy a lovely sunrise then we headed out for breakfast and looking at camper shells and RV. Looks like Marty is determined to get something. I am going to push him towards a slightly larger toy hauler so at. least I will go out with him sometime. I do miss the stars.

I hope you had a lovely day at early Thanksgiving. I have no idea what we are doing on the real turkey day. Since I can't eat turkey, it's nothing I look forward to anymore. But I did pick up the stuff to make cheesecake.

You must have made a dent in the family room is LIam noticed and made a "woah" comment. Yay.

After we got home from breakfast, I ran back to the mall to get my two rings and picked up the FedEx boxes to ship my diamond ring off to Whiteflash. I asked at the mall what they charged to size rings and it was $55 for gold and $85 for white gold, so I went back and dropped off my three WF bands to be sized and are having them put a half shank on my rhodolite garnet ring. That will cost me $255 but I wear that ring a lot and the bottom shank is a bit thin. That includes the $85 sizing since it's white gold. My mom's wedding band fits my left hand really well, so I had them measure the size on it for my other bands. I had them polish her band while I was there so now I have a band I can wear while all my rings are gone. The 3mm scattered diamond band my WF diamond was mounted on before will work as well. It's only a 1/2 size too big for that hand so I can wear it outside my diamond ring and keep the ring from falling off. Progress!!! Now I just need to get those 16 rings down to Denver. I have about 4 rings I never wear that I don't think I'll get sized.

I plan on us going out to eat here soon. I did enjoy a mimosa for breakfast so maybe I'll have wine for lunch.

Sorry you have out wind, we have it going on too. I'll have to send my SIL a text that I successfully walked around in the wind and didn't get knocked over.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, thanks again for catching that snafu with the color. If wish I could bring myself to go back like the next day or something and check the listings I put up.. but I just... um... DON'T! Did Marty find a camper he likes? Good for you for getting your rings sized. I hate doing things like that so they often either take forever for me to get around to... or don't get done at all LOL. Speaking of things that don't get done, I need to get David going on Bob Ross! How's your wind today? When you and I were texting yesterday the truck was being blown all over the road. There was also a GIANT tree down on one of the back roads. It must have just happened right before we got there.

The Iowa trip was good and we got back pretty early, which worked out well because then Liam and I ran up to the Ikea outside of Milwaukee and picked up another bookcase for the dining room. The closest Ikea was out of stock for a long time and then I got a notification this week they were back so when I looked they had ten in stock. When I looked again yesterday... they were ALL GONE. And the next anticipated date to have them was the end of December!!! So when I found one at the Milwaukee store I bought it right then but we had to pick it up before they closed last night. All that driving (over seven hours in the car between the two trips) made for a lonnnnng day.

This morning I ran over to a local auction thinking I'd be in an out... but in reality of course I wanted something. And of course it was on the last table in the last row. So I didn't get home until about 1:30, and then I had to pack up two orders and get them to UPS before they closed at 3:00. I've also got two orders that I need to go downstairs right now and pack. Ugh. How 'bout a day off already!

Alright, all to get these glasses boxed up, and maybe to get some more stuff off the dining room table and onto the new bookcase. As you can see, the excitement level here at The North Estate is QUITE high! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, no problem letting you know about the color snafu. Tell Liam I'm retired though, I don't want ANOTHER job. Ha Ha. I did look through all 14 pages a while ago and didn't see anything else.

Sounds like you had crazy wind yesterday, too. Glad the tree didn't get blown over when you were going by. I saw a video on FB of a semi in Wyoming rolling like a tumbleweed. It had to be empty but that area was having gusts at 111 then. Our southbound lane to Colorado yesterday was closed for hours because two semis were on their sides blocking both lanes of traffic. Silly wind.

Yes, you do need to get Bob Ross done soon. The place I just picked rings from has a remount show this coming weekend and apparently they are bringing lots of gemstones. I will probably go look. May be a bad idea, but . . .

Good deal you were able to snag the bookcase from the Milwaukee Ikea. That did make for a long day on the road. Is the closet all done now?

Phooey the auction took so long today. You do need a lazy day off. I tried that today, but worked for a bit this morning.

Don't know what we are going to do about a trailer. We went out to eat about 3 and ran out to the RV dealer again to look at a slightly larger toy hauler and the wind was so nuts out there (it's south of town and on a hill) I couldn't even open my door to get out of the car and even Marty said "forget this". He looked at this model before, but we didn't see it yesterday when we were out there earlier. I would at least occasionally go out with him in it. He is so busy, I doubt we'll use it much. My POV was buy something new and what you want. It's not like he has time to fix things and used RV's are usually beat up pretty bad. We will see.

As for the ring sizing. My mom's size six band is 5mm and it wouldn't go on right after I got out of the shower, but did later. Although it was a bit tight. My five pointers channel set band is almost 4mm so I am pretty sure a size 6 will fit my left hand okay. The other two WF bands are maybe around 2mm so they should be fine. I might ship my ring off to WF this week and probably have them move by 1 ctw studs to platinum. As for the two RHR, the thick band I had them size 1/2 size larger fit great. The one I had made 6.5 was snug but went on. It never spun around my finger all day, so I think that is the correct size for my right hand. I'll get three more RHR rings back later this week so that will be a good test before I turn in my sapphire collection in Denver.

I picked up Culver's for lunch today. Didn't feel ambitious enough to cook or do dishes. I did get laundry done and lifted anyway. Watching reruns of past Yellowstone episodes on TV most of the day. Season 5 starts next Sunday. I am totally enjoying that series.

I'm calling the doctor's office tomorrow. I am SICK of waiting. Still no bill on my insurance yet. As lame as they seem to be, they probably haven't requested the test yet.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, just a quickie to say I just wrote my "sorry for your loss" letter! I plan on giving it to my boss in a about two hours. Ack. And between now that then I am going to continue to x-mas shop online, LOL.

Will let you know how it goes!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how did it go? They offered you a TON more money and you are staying? They said well don't let the door hit you on the as* on your way out the door? You said "just kidding" and took back your "sorry for your loss" letter?

My brain woke up at DST this morning so I was up way too early. Did get to see a gorgeous sunrise though. I was going to work until 5 p.m. but I'm too distracted now so I'm quitting at 4 p.m.

I am so TICKED off. Finally got someone to answer me at the lame doctor's office and his assistant says "I don't see where the other test was requested". WTF?????? He was with a patient so I got the, I'll have to talk to him and call you back. It's 90 minutes later and no call back yet. I tend to cry when I'm angry, which makes more more angry that I cry. I'm about there but am trying to calm down.

Maybe wine is on the menu for supper. Ha!

Curby
#mydoctorsucks

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. My boss FREAKED OUT. He wouldn't accept my resignation and made me promise to "rethink." So now today I have to go through this all over again. Sheer fvcking torture.

More later...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - you are kidding? It's not like he can stop you. And just like when the VP talked to Marty when he turned in his notice - it's not like they made a huge effort to keep you. Sorry you have to go through that for a second time.

On my end: the doctor called me. He talked to the lab which has paperwork that both he and I have to fill out before the final steps. They didn’t know where to send it, and he said “the holdup is probably here in our office” - do you think so? Anyway, they are faxing the info to the doctor, he will fill it out, then I go sign it, then the test takes 12-14 days to complete. Well, at least if this thing is growing it's be easier to find by the time I get to a surgeon. WTF?????

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm back.

Seriously Curby, my boss is just not budging. Now he wants me to call my new boss tomorrow and get confirmation my job is secure in this volatile and potential recessionary financial environment. I am at a loss. I really don't know how to get this man to acknowledge that I have quite. And getting my replacement in sooner rather than later is to his advantage because then I will have more time to integrate them. I even fed him the replacement option. Frankly that (replacement) guy is a much better compliance officer that I will ever be and my company would be lucky to get him. But... WTF... ??????

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Sounds like he is freaking out a bit. Not much you can do but tell him you are leaving. It’s his problem if he doesn’t work with you to get your replacement.

I signed the paperwork at the doctors office. Basically, it says your insurance may not pay for this so it’s yours problem. Now I may get results in 2-14 days.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Wednesday kids!

Curby, so wait... the test has been done already, right? And the results of the test can be processed but there was just some extra paperwork component (regarding possible non-payment by the insurance company) that had to be done... ? How does it actually feel right now?

My situation is just f'd up. I finally got my boss to acknowledge my resignation but he wants me to check in with my new boss this morning to confirm that the position I'm going to is still secure given the upcoming recessionary economy. He's fearmongering, but of course I spent the whole night thinking... what if he's right and I am ready to go to work in January and they are like... NOPE! It's not even seven am here and I'm ready for a drink!

Today I have to get a ton of photos taken because I'm out of listings to post and it is holiday shopping time! I've also got three orders to pack, including one big set of dishes and some serving pieces, but that will have to wait until the afternoon because pictures come first.

Ugh. It's going to be A Day. I can feel it already...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, no the test hasn't been done already. But it will be done now - 2 to 14 days - and I'll find out the results. I called the lab this morning to make sure they had both my insurance information and they did. My sister worked with insurance at a hospital and she said that was kind of standard on real expensive tests that may not be covered by insurance. Based on Dr. Google, my insurance company and medicare do cover that test. We will see. If not, there goes my next ring. Ha Ha. It feels about the same, a bit like I have swollen tonsils all the time.

That is messed up your boss has you worried now about the other job. I'm sure it's fine. Good luck with all that mess. Did you contact them? I would find that kind of awkward to have that conversation with them. It's not like you wouldn't find another job anyway. I hate people sometimes . . just saying.

You are going to have a busy day.

I finally was adjusting to standard time and Marty woke me up to go see the sunrise. It was worth it. I've been working other than calling the lab. Think I'll grill steaks for lunch. I should go to the store, tomorrow is frigid and snowy. Ugh.

Have fun taking photos and packing orders.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, OK, now I understand. So when can they get you in for the test? I also hate people. I did reach out to my new boss and say, hey, I've officially resigned! And he was like, GREAT! Let's get lunch on the calendar in the next week or two! So I'm taking that as a good sign. My sleep schedule is alllllll screwed up. Not sure if it's due to the time change or just because I'm screwed up in general, LOL.

Yesterday I got pics taken for six listings and started the process of migrating stuff off of the dining room table in earnest. I had to MacGyver a method with boxes to be able to double stack the cubes. It doesn't look fabulous since I had to use USPS boxes, but they fit absolutely perfectly and at this point the more important part is to get things organized. I'm also making some progress on the x-mas shopping front. But of course the hardest people are still on the list and I've got no ideas whatsoever...

Today I need to (of course) take pictures, train someone at ten, make sure my boss knows I'm REALLY leaving, and start to dig into the xmas dishes and glasses I've bought. I think I've got two different versions at this point, and a twelve days set that I came across yesterday when I was moving stuff around in the dining room. (Plus some handmade Easter eggs, but I've got a little time on those, ha ha!) All that needs to be done ASAP because... well... 'Tis the season!

Seriously Curby, I have no idea who all of the things in life that need to get done WILL get done given the number of hours in a day. I'm sure I've said that before, but I'm saying it again!!!

On a positive note, Liam found some heavy duty wire shelves on marketplace that he wants for the garage and the new shed. I think he said he's getting eleven. They are three feet long and each one has five shelves eighteen inches deep. So that's almost 250 square feet of space. If we can't get organized with TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SQUARE FEET OF SPACE -- in addition to all the other space already being taken up in the full basement -- we really need to rethink our hobbies! I'm SINCERELY hoping this will get stuff out of the first floor of the house and we can start living in a more organized manner again. The closet still isn't fully put back together BTW. Are you surprised?!

Alright, off to get some stuff done, because clearly there is A LOT that needs to happen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, they took 4 samples when they did the biopsy in September, so they are using one of those (or all of the last three?) No news yet and my insurance doesn't have a new giant bill.

Glad to hear you are in the IHP club too. The older I get, the more apt I am to think that. Ha Ha. Cranky old lady here.

That is good your new boss wants to do lunch. It's going to be fine. When is you last day with the current job?

I am right there with you on sleep. It's 7:45 and I feel like it's 2 a.m. Which, sadly, I was awake at this morning until about 5 a.m. and then I got up before 6. WTH?

You made progress on pictures, organizing and Christmas shopping. Sweet. Nice you have some Chrismas dishes to get listed too. I didn't make progress on anything. I even went to the grocery store and came home without getting out of the Curbymobile. They must have been giving out free donuts or something, the parking lot was a zoo.

We can only do one thing at a time and other things can wait. I wonder why I seem busier now working at home than I did going in to the office. I seem to have less time to do anything other than work.

The new shelves and shed should be helpful to organize things at the North Estate. I'll hold off on sending the Hoarders crew over to get pictures. It will be nice to get the closet done too.

I had insomnia from about 2-5 this morning. Since I was kind of wheezing I got up and took my oxygen. It was fine. I met Marty for breakfast about 8;30 after he was finished with the morning crew at the gym. It was also free fantastic 7 breakfast day for veterans. Wow, it was insane how many people were there. Nothing like something free to draw a crowd. Bless the vets hearts though, many of the old guys had on their jackets and they deserve a free breakfast. We honestly didn't wait long to get a table.

I did some "browsing" online at rings. Oh oh. My friend with the not-so-nice diamond in her wedding ring is interested in a lab created diamond. Since I am not educated in these things, I was looking at them at the place I need to take my rings. They are pricey but not like a natural diamond. They are IGL certified and have the same wide range of C's. Interesting. She was looking at a two carat. Of course, I ventured over to settings to contemplate moving some of my sapphires around to different or new rings. My EC diamond RHR is on a really thin band which I no longer like, so was looking at something different for that diamond. Then I thought of moving it to my really thick solitaire ring that has a round blue sapphire in it. Then I can move it to a ring that is kind of interesting. It's WG with RG on the edges and has little assorted colors of sapphires on the edges. Then put the blue solitaire on top. A unique ring. I need to spend money on jewelry like I need to eat 10 pounds of ice cream, but hey I've been good for a month or two not buying jewelry. Ha Ha.

It was frigid here today. The weekend will be in the 40's.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday night kids!

Curby, my last day at the current job will be mid January. I want to get them through the end of the year and queue up annual certifications, which we normally distribute the second week of January. Of course someone else will have to chase down the stragglers! Do you have a pic of what you're thinking of moving the EC to? Tomorrow I'll text you links to the two settings I think I want to marry together to for Bob Ross. I've also come across a vintage opal ring that I'm kind of obsessed with. I'll send that too! Feel free to send the Hoarders crew over any time. No matter how much work I do I feel like there's still plenty for them to take pictures of!

Today was frustrating. I took pics of a big set of X-mas dishes and glasses and it was just monotonous. I've only go thing ready for four listings tomorrow so far, but I sold a giant punch bowl and eighteen cups that go with it so I'll need to quit the picture taking in time to get that packed up and take it to the post office before the close at one anyway. It's going to be a monster...

I did my nails tonight with a dark red color, which was part of the batch of "new" ones I got a few months ago. I really like it. Sometimes reds can be iffy with my coloring, but I think this one is pretty good.

It's after ten here and the bed is calling my name. What a lonnnnnnnng and not very interesting day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I can't wait to see your new ring(s) Etsy and Bob Ross. They will be pretty. We are both contemplating new rings. Shocking, I know! The hoarders film crew will be sometime this week. Surprise!

Mid January will be here before you know it. That is nice of you to stay that long to help them get the annual certifications going. Ha Ha, someone else will have to deal with the stragglers.

So the giant punch bowl finally sold? That will be a pricey package to ship. It is very pretty though.

Glad you like the red nail polish. I rarely use that color but like it when I do. Definitely a good holiday color though.

We went grocery shopping first thing today and then I picked up a friend of mine and we went jewelry browsing at the mall. She wanted to see lab diamonds and compare them to natural. They are pretty decent. She found a few things she liked and I gladly took pictures for her to send her husband. I'm a helper that way.

I worked a bit but not much. I'm starving already. Marty made us breakfast but he eats way more than I do, so I get hungry first. Maybe I'll nibble on a cheese stick or something. We are grilling chicken for lunch.

I need to work on my program for the astronomy club meeting this coming week. We are actually going to meet in person. Wow!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, are you going to swap the EC into the chunkier setting? It looks perfect with the baguettes, but I understand about just not liking something. Could you maybe stack it and get a wider effect without swapping it? Just and idea... The punch bowl that sold is one of three I had listed. It took me FOREVER to pack, including the eighteen cups and glass ladle and the box weighed twenty four pounds. Happy to see it go though! My nails looked fabulous... until about noon yesterday when someone showed up and I opened the door to go out on the porch to talk to them and the dog struggled past me, ripping the door out of my hand and breaking a nail. Ugh. Now I have to try some sort of repair tonight, or at least repaint the ripped edge. Has your friend decided on a new set or is she still considering? I think if she can get a lab diamond and be happy with her rings without breaking the bank that's a great solution!

I'm SO excited about my x-mas gift -- to be referred to as Paris! The lady said she's ship it out Monday or Tuesday and I asked to make sure the delivery required a signature because a bunch of our stuff has been ending up at the neighbors'. Plus, DHL left the package with Darth Vader laying in front of the garage. Fortunately I was pulling in right as the DHL truck was pulling out, but I was rather miffed. Curious how long this international shipment will take...

Do you think I should ask WF about the setting for Bob? DK is my go-to, but I just wonder how crazy backed-up he is right now... Not that the stone hasn't been sitting in my drawer for two months now!

Yesterday I got pics done for five listings, including one set of thirty six glasses that have been sitting in the basement since LAST summer. There are a slew of other ones in different sizes and styles I bought at the same sale, but I'm just glad to have made that much progress! I also washed and inspected a couple hundred glasses I bought last summer at the auction where I had to drive home with a bowl in my lap because I'd gotten so much. They are different sizes and styles too and I and THRILLED to have gotten around to them. Progress, Curby, progress!!!

Alright, I should be taking pictures already. Up and at 'em!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results